Author Topic: 2022 NFL Thread (Chiefs win Super Bowl 57)  (Read 100603 times)

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Re: 2022 NFL Thread (R.I.P. NFL)
« Reply #1470 on: November 20, 2022, 04:29:40 PM »
No O-line coach either.

Definitely. Plus there was film this week showing relievers not having separation in their routes and not even looking back for the ball when Mac needed to get rid of the ball. I complete mess of an offense.

This guys was probably the best them.

would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #1471 on: November 20, 2022, 04:34:23 PM »
Are we talking about the Slater block at the end of the run? If so....not a penalty.
Yeah. Jets fans are in an uproar about the refs protecting NE again.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #1472 on: November 20, 2022, 04:41:50 PM »
Receivers silly. Lol

Are we talking about the Slater block at the end of the run? If so....not a penalty.
Yeah. Jets fans are in an uproar about the refs protecting NE again.

Even if. They line up and kick the short field goal and they still lose.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1473 on: November 20, 2022, 04:57:38 PM »
7 spots in the AFC and 9 teams have what I feel are a good chance:

All four East teams
Balt and Cincy
Tennessee
KC and LA Chargers

I think KC and Tennessee (who should win their division easily) are gimmes.
I feel pretty comfortable with saying Buffalo and Miami will make it as long as their QBs stay healthy.
That leaves 3 spots:
I think the Jets will miss largely because their QB is trash. 
NE has the edge of the rest due to Belichick. They are like the opposite of the Chargers.  Patriots: great head coach/iffy QB.  Chargers: Very good young QB/iffy coach.
The Bengals are good, but will likely have to fight to win a lot of close games to make it.

Offline lordxizor

• EZBoard Elder
  • and that is the truth.
« Reply #1474 on: November 20, 2022, 06:58:12 PM »
Well, so much for believing the Vikings were a different team this year. Following a big win with a fall on your face horrible loss is a very Vikings thing to do.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1475 on: November 20, 2022, 07:06:45 PM »
7 spots in the AFC and 9 teams have what I feel are a good chance:

All four East teams
Balt and Cincy
Tennessee
KC and LA Chargers

I think KC and Tennessee (who should win their division easily) are gimmes.
I feel pretty comfortable with saying Buffalo and Miami will make it as long as their QBs stay healthy.
That leaves 3 spots:
I think the Jets will miss largely because their QB is trash. 
NE has the edge of the rest due to Belichick. They are like the opposite of the Chargers.  Patriots: great head coach/iffy QB.  Chargers: Very good young QB/iffy coach.
The Bengals are good, but will likely have to fight to win a lot of close games to make it.

Sorry, I just can't get excited about a 9-8 record and a 1st round loss in the Playoffs. I'd still be shocked if the Pats made it though.

Pats schedule..

@ Minn.....L
Buff....L
@ AZ....?
@ LV...?
Cin....L
Mia....L
@ Buff....L

Best case scenario is 8-9.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1476 on: November 20, 2022, 07:16:52 PM »
I would never assume all of those games are automatic Ws or Ls.  With Belichick, there is always a chance to win any game. 

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1477 on: November 20, 2022, 07:19:39 PM »
Tim, Las Vegas?  OK Felger/Mazz
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1478 on: November 20, 2022, 07:22:21 PM »
Patriots will win at Minnesota Thanksgiving evening, I am calling it now. Book it.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1479 on: November 20, 2022, 07:26:15 PM »
I hope you're right but I'm not happy they got blown out by Dallas.  They will play better Thursday night.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1480 on: November 20, 2022, 07:30:22 PM »
Patriots will win at Minnesota Thanksgiving evening, I am calling it now. Book it.

They might win the coin toss. That's about it.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1481 on: November 20, 2022, 07:32:16 PM »
Tim, Las Vegas?  OK Felger/Mazz

I have the Cards and the Raiders as ?, as they're the only winnable games left on the schedule.

Also, I reserve the right to change my pick against the Bills the last game in case the Bills are resting Allen and others.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1482 on: November 20, 2022, 07:33:52 PM »
I reserve the right to mock your picks above after the Patriots win the Super Bowl with some guy named Zappe.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1483 on: November 20, 2022, 07:40:43 PM »
Then put a W there.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1484 on: November 20, 2022, 07:41:17 PM »
I reserve the right to mock your picks above after the Patriots win the Super Bowl with some guy named Zappe.

Yeah, that'd be the same Super Bowl where you bang Taylor Swift at halftime.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1485 on: November 20, 2022, 07:47:38 PM »
A man can hope for both Tim.  :lol

Online hunnus2000

« Reply #1486 on: November 21, 2022, 05:59:16 AM »
It's always a good day when the Giants lose and the Cowboys win!  :metal

Online Dream Team

« Reply #1487 on: November 21, 2022, 06:04:12 AM »
Cleveland Clowns as always. Brissett outplays Allen but they lose anyway  :tdwn.

Offline emtee

« Reply #1488 on: November 21, 2022, 06:18:31 AM »
Fox screwed me out of seeing the Lions finish off their 3rd consecutive win. Oh well, at least they won!

Offline Skeever

« Reply #1489 on: November 21, 2022, 06:22:07 AM »
I think people are slightly overreacting to the Zach Wilson performance.
Yes, he looked liked shit. It was also freezing, with high winds, in Foxborough, against BB. And the Jets couldn't get anything going on the run game, either.

Wilson is probably not the guy, and hopefully they can address this in Free Agency next year (Derek Carr, maybe?), but they can still win games.

Jets remaining schedule is as follows:

Bears - W
Vikings - L
Bills - L
Lions - W
Jags - W
Seahawks - W
Dolphins - L

Final predication is 10-7 with an outsider's chance at a wildcard appearance.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1490 on: November 21, 2022, 06:38:14 AM »
Wilson not taking responsibility for the offensive problems are not sitting well with the other players from what I read.  How they ever gave Wilson the C on his chest is beyond me.

Online hunnus2000

« Reply #1491 on: November 21, 2022, 06:43:46 AM »
Wilson not taking responsibility for the offensive problems are not sitting well with the other players from what I read.  How they ever gave Wilson the C on his chest is beyond me.

I've been reading how toxic he is in the locker and that he's difficult to coach and that's a bad recipe for success. The call him the Johnny Manziel Jr.

Online hunnus2000

« Reply #1492 on: November 21, 2022, 07:08:15 AM »
Fox screwed me out of seeing the Lions finish off their 3rd consecutive win. Oh well, at least they won!

Same here. I live in Mid-MO and they were showing the Cowboys before they cutover to the Bengals game mid-third quarter. Now I understand that the networks do this with non-competitive games in other markets but it's never happened to me before.
I wanted to scream until I remembered that I kept the NFL ticket package for this season.

Crisis averted!  :tup

Offline Deathless

« Reply #1493 on: November 21, 2022, 07:22:10 AM »
Of the three teams I follow (states I've lived in basically) the Lions are turning out to be... decent? Maybe? They're going to have a real tough task keeping their winning streak going against the Bills next week.

The Steelers are abysmal on defense and it's beyond time that Matt Canada (OC is gone). They have some really good young pieces with Pickett, Pickens, Harris and Muth' but need more help on the OL too.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1494 on: November 21, 2022, 07:55:44 AM »

Agreed. You score 3 points, and when asked if you feel like you let the defense down by only scoring 3 points, your answer is no?  What an idiot.  He sucks. 

Offline Skeever

« Reply #1495 on: November 21, 2022, 08:18:28 AM »
I don't really give a shit about the "no". He was angry, and it was the final question of the interview when he just wanted off of the podium.
These reporters (and fans) want to see players crying and begging forgiveness of the fans for their performance and frankly I think it's kind of ridiculous.
As Jets fans, we already had 3 years of Sam Darnold looking like he needed to be hugged on the podium, it's refreshing to see a bit of anger and drive from the QB and hopefully that will fuel him getting better.

But honestly I do agree with majority here, that it just doesn't seem quite there. It's not all on Wilson - the Jets had no run game, either, so there's something other than just poor QB play to the dysfunction. But it sucks to be rooting for someone only to see their opportunities to put things together disintegrating and quite quickly I would add.

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #1496 on: November 21, 2022, 08:31:21 AM »
I'm so glad I don't buy into any of the conspiracy theories about the refs and the league wanting certain teams to succeed.  I don't have to spend any time complaining about the lack of an offensive pass interference on KC on that last drive, nor the intentional grounding as Mahomes heaved it to the sideline rather than take the sack, or the timely and clutch defensive pass interference on third down.  ;) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #1497 on: November 21, 2022, 08:43:53 AM »
I'm so glad I don't buy into any of the conspiracy theories about the refs and the league wanting certain teams to succeed.  I don't have to spend any time complaining about the lack of an offensive pass interference on KC on that last drive, nor the intentional grounding as Mahomes heaved it to the sideline rather than take the sack, or the timely and clutch defensive pass interference on third down.  ;) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)
I've given up on trying to figure out intentional grounding. Considering it's a loss of down penalty, and one that can result in a safety, it should really be better defined. The more physical plays you describe are subjective enough that I just take them as they come and assume it'll all even out. For IG it's a whole lot simpler than that. Shouldn't be so damn flaky.

That said, the final drive was a hoot to watch. I share your opinion about Mahomes being beatified way too early, but that drive was exactly what great quarterbacks do. Moreover, there have always been certain quarterbacks where you just know "one minute and down by 6, yeah, they got this." I think pretty much everybody knew KC would win the game when SD scored too early. I think that's also the mark of a great QB.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1498 on: November 21, 2022, 09:05:40 AM »
I've given up on trying to figure out intentional grounding. Considering it's a loss of down penalty, and one that can result in a safety, it should really be better defined. The more physical plays you describe are subjective enough that I just take them as they come and assume it'll all even out. For IG it's a whole lot simpler than that. Shouldn't be so damn flaky.

That said, the final drive was a hoot to watch. I share your opinion about Mahomes being beatified way too early, but that drive was exactly what great quarterbacks do. Moreover, there have always been certain quarterbacks where you just know "one minute and down by 6, yeah, they got this." I think pretty much everybody knew KC would win the game when SD scored too early. I think that's also the mark of a great QB.

No doubt.  It was methodical and precise.  Fun to watch (unless you are a Chargers fan). 

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1499 on: November 21, 2022, 09:41:33 AM »
I don't really give a shit about the "no". He was angry, and it was the final question of the interview when he just wanted off of the podium.
These reporters (and fans) want to see players crying and begging forgiveness of the fans for their performance and frankly I think it's kind of ridiculous.
As Jets fans, we already had 3 years of Sam Darnold looking like he needed to be hugged on the podium, it's refreshing to see a bit of anger and drive from the QB and hopefully that will fuel him getting better.

But honestly I do agree with majority here, that it just doesn't seem quite there. It's not all on Wilson - the Jets had no run game, either, so there's something other than just poor QB play to the dysfunction. But it sucks to be rooting for someone only to see their opportunities to put things together disintegrating and quite quickly I would add.

It's not the writers or the fans he needs to worry about.  It's his teammates who are upset with him.

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1500 on: November 21, 2022, 09:47:20 AM »

Agreed. You score 3 points, and when asked if you feel like you let the defense down by only scoring 3 points, your answer is no?  What an idiot.  He sucks.

I don't remember the exact words, but Nate Burleson had a nice take on that in the post-game.  He was saying basically that if you're the defense, you're part of the team so you don't point fingers, but you could ride the bus home knowing you did everything you were asked to do and then some.  I agree with Skeever that a little fire and vitriol is not the worst thing, but you DO have to read the room (in this case, the locker room). 

Offline Skeever

« Reply #1501 on: November 21, 2022, 09:57:57 AM »

It's not the writers or the fans he needs to worry about.  It's his teammates who are upset with him.

Of course they are. He could also be update with Mims, Matt LaFleur's playcalling, and others who made some big mistakes.
Including the Special Teams.

I'm NOT apologizing for his performance. He sucked, and has been, at his best moments, mediocre there year. Just saying that the "no" doesn't bother me. I care about the results moving forward, not how much people are willing to fall on their sword in front of the press.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1502 on: November 21, 2022, 10:18:05 AM »
I'm not talking about the press.  He's losing his teammates.  That's the worst think that can happen.  All he has to do is say, I let down our D today who had an outstanding game.  We need to play better and that starts with me.

Edit:

https://www.si.com/nfl/jets/news/new-york-jets-players-unhappy-with-how-zach-wilson-acted-after-new-england-patriots-loss

Offline Skeever

« Reply #1503 on: November 21, 2022, 10:44:57 AM »
I'm sure he is losing the team, but we don't know that for sure. Also, if he's losing them, it's because he sucks, not because he failed to say so in front of the press.
I just don't care as much about the symbolic genuflecting and would rather see my QB pissed off. I take it as a sign that maybe he does have what it takes to get better. That's all.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1504 on: November 21, 2022, 10:48:46 AM »
I don't think his actions are symbolic.  If the players are complaining about him and the way he acted after the loss, it's an issue.