Author Topic: 2022 NFL Thread (Chiefs win Super Bowl 57)  (Read 102955 times)

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
Re: 2022 NFL Thread (R.I.P. NFL)
« Reply #1330 on: November 06, 2022, 05:31:48 PM »
Jeesh, who is Romo rooting for? He looked like his dog died on the previous possession.
Seems quite happy now.

Yeah, he reacted like a 17-year old who just got the first head of his life when the Bucs scored there at the end.

Hope Kroenke enjoyed that loss, that asshole.  :biggrin: :biggrin:

Offline T-ski

« Reply #1331 on: November 06, 2022, 06:51:54 PM »
Packers need to flush their front office. Believing Rodgers was worthy of such a large extension has put them in cap hell and they have done a real poor job of drafting the last few years.

Feels like the 70’s and 80’s all over again.
Is all that we see or seem, but a dream within a dream?

Offline Dream Team

« Reply #1332 on: November 06, 2022, 09:58:22 PM »
Holy moly are the Titans a tough team to play. Not a single pass completed to a WR, nothing on offense the entire 2nd half and it still took 500 yards from Mahomes (passing + rushing) plus overtime to beat them. First player ever with 400 passing yards, 60+ rushing yds plus a rushing TD. Also threw in a rush for a 2-pt conversion. But yeah I want no part of the Titans in a playoff game. Their D is scary good.

LOL Rodgers and LOL Bills. Congrats to Brady for 100K yards.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #1333 on: November 06, 2022, 11:17:00 PM »
Yeah, the officials played a hard fought game to stop the Titans offense on key third down plays. 
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #1334 on: November 07, 2022, 09:28:40 AM »
Mac Jones is 5th in the league in INTs despite only playing 5 games and getting bailed out on a RTP penalty last week.

Also...3 TDs 7 Int  73.1 QBR

8 Offensive TD's in 5 games.

Not. Good.

It's not all Mac's fault as the coaching staff should be embarrassed. But he's not helping in any way. That's all I'm saying. Again, his rookie year, as I look at it. But I am concerned.

At a minimum 3 of those picks weren't on him. Receivers and referees own a few of those. As I said 2 weeks ago, a couple of the picks have been shockingly bad, though. Definitely not good, but fair is fair.

Presumably they get O'Brien next year and I'm quite curious to see how that works out. I suppose the return of JMD is a possibility, but I'm not betting on it.

Unless the players revolt, I can't see JMD being fired.

Is it possible to form an opinion?
I think we might be seeing the beginnings of the revolution. I'm not in the lockerroom so I obviously don't know, but once a team gives up on a coach it's all over. We saw that in Dallas, and that may be happening there. As he showed in Denver, JMD isn't the most inspiring guy in the world, so holding on to them might be difficult. The team's got some talent, they can't win, and he doesn't have any answers. "Them's the breaks" only takes you so far.

If McDaniel loses Carr, it's all over.  Carr wasn't the first one on the bandwagon and he was candid about the fact that they were just hitting their stride and had to start over. 

Some guys aren't meant to be No.1; they are solid, maybe even extraordinary, No. 2's, but aren't cut out to be No. 1.

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1335 on: November 07, 2022, 09:31:25 AM »
Holy moly are the Titans a tough team to play. Not a single pass completed to a WR, nothing on offense the entire 2nd half and it still took 500 yards from Mahomes (passing + rushing) plus overtime to beat them. First player ever with 400 passing yards, 60+ rushing yds plus a rushing TD. Also threw in a rush for a 2-pt conversion. But yeah I want no part of the Titans in a playoff game. Their D is scary good.

LOL Rodgers and LOL Bills. Congrats to Brady for 100K yards.

Love how you patently ignore the referee factor with Mahomes, but can't wait to point out every rules infraction missed throughout the entire league back through the Halas era, if it even possibly hints at affecting Brady.   Comical. At this point, I don't even see the Chiefs making the CHAMPIONSHIP game, let along the Super Bowl.

Offline Dublagent66

• Devouring consciousness...
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #1336 on: November 07, 2022, 09:38:23 AM »
Congrats to Brady for 100K yards.

Now we know why he didn't retire.  :lol
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #1337 on: November 07, 2022, 09:46:04 AM »
Reich fired from Indy.  Why isn't Matt Ryan QB'ing this team?  They also have Folds as the backup and yet, the rookie QB started the last 2 games. 
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1338 on: November 07, 2022, 10:01:54 AM »
Reich fired from Indy.  Why isn't Matt Ryan QB'ing this team?  They also have Folds as the backup and yet, the rookie QB started the last 2 games.

He deserved better.  That's not Reich's fault, IMO. 

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1339 on: November 07, 2022, 10:40:04 AM »
Was he forced to play the rookie or not play their backup that could be a starter on other teams?  I'm just confused by them. 
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1340 on: November 07, 2022, 01:18:34 PM »

He deserved better.  That's not Reich's fault, IMO.

I'd love to see him here as the OC.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Dublagent66

• DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #1341 on: November 07, 2022, 01:29:02 PM »
Funny how TB12 said the end of that game was "fucking awesome"!  Something he's been able to do in his sleep for most of his career and he acts like it's the 1st time. :lol  What's even funnier is, the Bucs are in 1st place at 4-5.  :eek
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1342 on: November 07, 2022, 01:29:59 PM »
Funny how TB12 said the end of that game was "fucking awesome"!  Something he's been able to do in his sleep for most of his career and he acts like it's the 1st time. :lol  What's even funnier is, the Bucs are in 1st place at 4-5.  :eek

I think what he was calling "fucking awesome" was the blowjob he got from Tony Romo.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1343 on: November 07, 2022, 01:40:31 PM »

I think what he was calling "fucking awesome" was the blowjob he got from Tony Romo.

Tim, if you saw Steve Harris in a small club you would blow him.  You know it to be true.

Offline faizoff

« Reply #1344 on: November 07, 2022, 02:10:16 PM »
Intriguing choice to go with Jeff Saturday as the interim head coach for the Colts. Very curious how that will work out.
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Offline Skeever

« Reply #1345 on: November 07, 2022, 02:17:45 PM »
No one on the Colts coaching staff has ever called a play in the NFL before.
Sunday against the Raiders should be a hoot.

Offline Dublagent66

• DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #1346 on: November 07, 2022, 02:50:45 PM »

Tim, if you saw Steve Harris in a small club you would blow him.  You know it to be true.

:lol You guys are fuckin' killin' me!  :rollin

Offline DragonAttack

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1347 on: November 07, 2022, 02:53:20 PM »

...going along with Dragon Attack's Queen thread has been like taking a free class in Queen knowledge. Where else are you gonna find info like that?!

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1348 on: November 07, 2022, 03:00:09 PM »
He's have to with that actor. He'd manhandle him.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1349 on: November 07, 2022, 04:12:38 PM »
What actor is that?

Offline pg1067

« Reply #1350 on: November 07, 2022, 05:07:30 PM »
What actor is that?

Per your friend Google Lens, it's an actor named Steve Harris who, according to Wikipedia, "has played Eugene Young on the legal drama The Practice, Detective Isaiah 'Bird' Freeman on the NBC drama Awake and Charles McCarter in Tyler Perry’s Diary of a Mad Black Woman."
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1351 on: November 07, 2022, 05:36:54 PM »
3 shows I've never heard of. :lol

Offline DragonAttack

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1352 on: November 07, 2022, 05:41:53 PM »
My wife and I watched all nine seasons of 'The Practice', so that's why that Steve Harris popped in my head right away.  btw, it was filmed in Boston!

(back to the NFL after we attempt to watch the Ravens game tonight.  It'll be hard to stay awake right after the time change)
« Last Edit: November 07, 2022, 06:32:04 PM by DragonAttack »
...going along with Dragon Attack's Queen thread has been like taking a free class in Queen knowledge. Where else are you gonna find info like that?!

Offline pg1067

« Reply #1353 on: November 07, 2022, 05:56:25 PM »
I've heard of The Practice but not the other two.
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1354 on: November 07, 2022, 06:06:12 PM »
My wife and I watched all nine seasons of 'The Practice', so that's why that Steve Harris popped in my head right away.  btw, it was filmed in Boston!

(back to the NFL after we attempt to stay away for the Ravens game tonight.  It'll be hard to stay awake right after the time change)

Tim could have a movie production in his neighborhood and he would be oblivious. 

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1355 on: November 07, 2022, 06:14:58 PM »

(back to the NFL after we attempt to stay away for the Ravens game tonight.  It'll be hard to stay awake right after the time change)

Tim could have a movie production in his neighborhood and he would be oblivious.

I'd ask them if they filled the part of the crabby guy.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1356 on: November 07, 2022, 06:57:00 PM »
You'd kill it.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1357 on: November 07, 2022, 06:59:52 PM »

I can't recall the specifics, but Ryan is owed a big amount of money if he plays x-number of snaps, and I think they have realized that he is done and they won't want to pay him that money, so they are going with the rookie in a season they figure is dead in the water anyway.  I am just surprised Reich took the hit so soon.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1358 on: November 07, 2022, 07:13:43 PM »
That's why it's puzzling.  Evermind their backup not starting.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1359 on: November 07, 2022, 07:18:33 PM »
That's why it's puzzling.  Evermind their backup not starting.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1360 on: November 07, 2022, 07:32:27 PM »
Lolol. Nevermind. Lol

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1361 on: November 07, 2022, 07:34:55 PM »

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1362 on: November 07, 2022, 08:11:38 PM »
Looking forward to seeing how the '9ers play in their next 2 games after the bye.  I am tempted to overreact after the HUGE win over the Rams, added to the fact that they will have almost all of their injured starters back for the first time.  But even though all signs point in a positive direction, I don't want to prematurely overreact.  Those first two games should be a good indicator of where the season will go.  If they go well, I don't think it is overstating the case to predict them as division winners, probable #2 or #3 seed...

That would be a fair assessment, if you weren't overlooking one thing...

:biggrin:
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline jammindude

« Reply #1363 on: November 07, 2022, 08:30:24 PM »
Looking forward to seeing how the '9ers play in their next 2 games after the bye.  I am tempted to overreact after the HUGE win over the Rams, added to the fact that they will have almost all of their injured starters back for the first time.  But even though all signs point in a positive direction, I don't want to prematurely overreact.  Those first two games should be a good indicator of where the season will go.  If they go well, I don't think it is overstating the case to predict them as division winners, probable #2 or #3 seed...

That would be a fair assessment, if you weren't overlooking one thing...

:biggrin:

I mean, the fact you don’t even MENTION them is a bit hurtful, bosky…
"Better the pride that resides in a citizen of the world.
Than the pride that divides when a colorful rag is unfurled." - Neil Peart

The Jammin Dude Show - https://www.youtube.com/user/jammindude

Offline Dream Team

« Reply #1364 on: November 08, 2022, 07:58:58 AM »
Overall, pretty happen with how these first 8 games went for KC. First of all, they had the toughest opening 8-game schedule in NFL history (all playoff teams from the previous year) and went 6-2, losing the 2 by a combined 7 points. They should roll most of the remaining teams with the Chargers and Bengals being the toughest matchups and potential losses.

Tua so far has been pretty amazing considering he still constantly underthrows Hill and Waddle. Great job being done by McDaniel in a division that is suddenly very good due to finally having 4 good coaches and 4 good or up-and-coming QBs. Going to be interesting seeing how they jockey for playoff spots.