Author Topic: 2022 NFL Thread (Chiefs win Super Bowl 57)  (Read 102990 times)

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Re: 2022 NFL Thread (R.I.P. NFL)
« Reply #1295 on: November 03, 2022, 07:40:00 PM »
Kev, at least you can watch the Blues. The Bruins game is on fucking ESPN+ tonight. I can't even watch them.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1296 on: November 03, 2022, 07:41:41 PM »
I already shut the Blues off.  Up 1-0 after the 1st, they are now down 1-4 late in the 2nd.  They suck swamp water. 

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #1297 on: November 03, 2022, 08:02:26 PM »
Tell me about it Tim.  I pay cable to watch sports and now they are trying to extort more money out of us. Pisses me off. 
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline TheCountOfNYC

« Reply #1298 on: November 04, 2022, 04:38:26 AM »
Tell me about it Tim.  I pay cable to watch sports and now they are trying to extort more money out of us. Pisses me off.

I pay for the Hulu bundle with Disney+, ESPN+, and live television. It costs me 80 bucks a month where cable would cost me over 100 a month in addition to having to pay for streaming services. The only thing I can’t watch is when the Rangers are on MSG.
People figured out that the white thing that comes out of cows' titties could be drunk, and the relation between sweet desires and women's bellies growing up for 9 months. It can't be THAT hard to figure out how a trumpet works.”

-MirrorMask

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1299 on: November 04, 2022, 05:45:09 AM »

I pay for the Hulu bundle with Disney+, ESPN+, and live television. It costs me 80 bucks a month where cable would cost me over 100 a month in addition to having to pay for streaming services. The only thing I can’t watch is when the Rangers are on MSG.

And it shouldn't be like that. You shouldn't be penalized by your hometown teams. Cable/streaming is a monopoly.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline TheCountOfNYC

« Reply #1300 on: November 04, 2022, 06:41:12 AM »

And it shouldn't be like that. You shouldn't be penalized by your hometown teams. Cable/streaming is a monopoly.

That’s James Dolan for you. The greediest owner in both the NHL and NBA. And the Hulu package made me cut cable for good and I’m saving money, so outside of Dolan being a prick I have no complaints.
People figured out that the white thing that comes out of cows' titties could be drunk, and the relation between sweet desires and women's bellies growing up for 9 months. It can't be THAT hard to figure out how a trumpet works.”

-MirrorMask

Offline Dublagent66

• Devouring consciousness...
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #1301 on: November 04, 2022, 08:18:07 AM »
Tonight is a good example of why the game being on Prime is annoying.

The Blues are on.

The World Series is on.

Even though the football game is a meh one, I'd like to check it out here and there...but I can't just flip to the stupid Prime for 30 seconds and flip back. 

Thus, I am not watching any of the football game.

I have Prime on my PS5.  All I have to do is hit the source button on the remote to flip back and forth.  Piece O' cake.  ;)
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #1302 on: November 04, 2022, 08:31:45 AM »
I run everything through my computer. I'd have all three games on. If one of them suddenly becomes interesting just drag it to the big screen and turn the volume up.  :lol
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1303 on: November 06, 2022, 12:43:34 PM »
The Panthers should be dissolved as a team, this is just embarrassing

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1304 on: November 06, 2022, 02:05:49 PM »
Wow. The Pats have won the last two weeks because they played 2 QB's that actually sucked worse than Mac Jones. He ain't the answer.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #1305 on: November 06, 2022, 02:22:19 PM »
Wow. The Pats have won the last two weeks because they played 2 QB's that actually sucked worse than Mac Jones. He ain't the answer.
We saw last year Mac Jones is capable of playing very good football. Far better than what he's shown this year. I know you're going to say he sucks, and Joe's going to blame Belichick and the other coaches, but it's honestly a little premature to be drawing conclusions about his long-term viability. Personally, I hope he runs screaming from NE and goes on to have a great career with somebody else. He's getting a shit deal there, particularly from the fans.

Objectively, it might be the weight he put on, dunno, but something screwed up his mechanics. Last year he had superb touch with the ball. He was placing the ball nearly perfectly most of the time. That's been absent this year. He's throwing behind his receivers now. His accuracy has gone from superb to shit. That's something he can work out.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1306 on: November 06, 2022, 02:27:39 PM »
Adam Achelletta was dead on today during the game. If Mac's first read isn't there, he turtles. If because of the change in coaching staff, we look at this as his rookie year, then fine.
But I'm just calling him extremely average, and I don't think his ceiling will be very high. I hope he gets enough experience to attain the knowledge needed but I can also see time running out on him. We'll see I guess.

And "very good football" is an exaggeration, no? He faded pretty hard down the stretch.

Offline Skeever

« Reply #1307 on: November 06, 2022, 02:33:08 PM »
Well God damn the Jets are real

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #1308 on: November 06, 2022, 02:36:28 PM »
Adam Achelletta was dead on today during the game. If Mac's first read isn't there, he turtles. If because of the change in coaching staff, we look at this as his rookie year, then fine.
But I'm just calling him extremely average, and I don't think his ceiling will be very high. I hope he gets enough experience to attain the knowledge needed but I can also see time running out on him. We'll see I guess.

And "very good football" is an exaggeration, no? He faded pretty hard down the stretch.
The rest of the team faded more than he did last year. Mostly the D. While he wasn't airing it out last year, he was making very good reads, very good decisions, and throwing the ball with superb accuracy.

Also, within 3 minutes of Archelletta saying that Mac checked down and hit Jonnu Smith for a long gain. In truth, part of the issue is that the patchwork O-line might give him time, or it might not. Hard to be consistent when you don't know what you got. I'll be curious to see how he looks next year after they bring in a decent tackle to block for him. Assuming, that is, that Patriots fans don't burn his house down and ride him out of town tarred and feathered. Starting to look kind of likely.
E.F. Benson

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1309 on: November 06, 2022, 02:48:02 PM »
It's not really a patchwork O-line. Ferentz (a veteran) was in for Andrews. This biggest issue for the O-line is that there's no O-line coach.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1310 on: November 06, 2022, 02:50:25 PM »
Aaron Rodgers should just retire tomorrow. He looks awful.

Nice win for the Jets. Bills looking a bit too arrogant again after that win over KC.

Rams/Bucs game already unwatchable due to Romo constantly slurping TB12.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1311 on: November 06, 2022, 02:51:03 PM »
I blame the coaching staff because they are obviously not playing to Mac's strengths.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1312 on: November 06, 2022, 02:52:00 PM »
I blame the coaching staff because they are obviously not playing to Mac's strengths.

His strengths are having great protection and having his first read wide open.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1313 on: November 06, 2022, 02:53:36 PM »
I do agree about the o line not playing well at all.

That's not true. They had multiple replays when he had time you could see him scanning the field.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1314 on: November 06, 2022, 02:54:25 PM »
I do agree about the o line not playing well at all.

That's not true. They had multiple replays when he had time you could see him scanning the field.

He's not decisive.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1315 on: November 06, 2022, 02:57:55 PM »
That's a problem with the coaching staff. They need to adjust to his strengths.   He's a play action guy and also like El Barto said, the o line is Swiss cheese. 

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1316 on: November 06, 2022, 02:59:41 PM »
Patriots are sitting at 5-4, so I would say, be happy, eh?

Meanwhile, the doofus otherwise known as John McDaniel took over a playoff team with an above average QB and was handed a top 3 NFL WR as an addition...and is 2-6.  I love it.  :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1317 on: November 06, 2022, 03:00:21 PM »
That's a problem with the coaching staff. They need to adjust to his strengths.   He's a play action guy and also like El Barto said, the o line is Swiss cheese. 

He's never going to be more than average, but I'm the yahoo I guess.  ;D

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1318 on: November 06, 2022, 03:01:34 PM »

I generally agree with your take on Jones.  How he looked at his best last year is probably as good as he will ever be in the NFL, and he looks like the kind of QB you don't want if the game goes off script.  He basically has to be coached up to the max to be good as an NFL QB.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1319 on: November 06, 2022, 03:03:43 PM »

I generally agree with your take on Jones.  How he looked at his best last year is probably as good as he will ever be in the NFL, and he looks like the kind of QB you don't want if the game goes off script.  He basically has to be coached up to the max to be good as an NFL QB.

I mean, he's awesome if you need a FG. The only TD the O scored was thanks to a ST play on a punt.

I don't think this was the first game either that the D has scored as many TD's as the O.

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #1320 on: November 06, 2022, 03:24:36 PM »
Meanwhile, the doofus otherwise known as John McDaniel took over a playoff team with an above average QB and was handed a top 3 NFL WR as an addition...and is 2-6.  I love it.  :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin
After poaching several assistants I've got no sympathy for the guy. Honestly not sure what the problem is there, but I picked JAX today on the basis that the team was falling apart, and that does seem to be the case. It's not quite '10 Cowboys level yet, but I could see it going that way. It's getting close to him being out, regardless of Davis's assurances.

His best last year will be pretty good on most teams. In NE and its traditionally strong D and run games he'd be great. That doesn't mean HOFer, of course, but far from the bust people are making him out to be.
E.F. Benson

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1321 on: November 06, 2022, 03:37:49 PM »
Mac Jones is 5th in the league in INTs despite only playing 5 games and getting bailed out on a RTP penalty last week.

Also...3 TDs 7 Int  73.1 QBR

8 Offensive TD's in 5 games.

Not. Good.

It's not all Mac's fault as the coaching staff should be embarrassed. But he's not helping in any way. That's all I'm saying. Again, his rookie year, as I look at it. But I am concerned.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2022, 03:43:02 PM by TAC »

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1322 on: November 06, 2022, 03:55:19 PM »
After poaching several assistants I've got no sympathy for the guy. Honestly not sure what the problem is there, but I picked JAX today on the basis that the team was falling apart, and that does seem to be the case. It's not quite '10 Cowboys level yet, but I could see it going that way. It's getting close to him being out, regardless of Davis's assurances.

I picked the Raiders to win today, simply because of how atrocious the Jags have been lately, and they couldn't even win that one.

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #1323 on: November 06, 2022, 04:12:06 PM »
Mac Jones is 5th in the league in INTs despite only playing 5 games and getting bailed out on a RTP penalty last week.

Not. Good.

It's not all Mac's fault as the coaching staff should be embarrassed. But he's not helping in any way. That's all I'm saying. Again, his rookie year, as I look at it. But I am concerned.
At a minimum 3 of those picks weren't on him. Receivers and referees own a few of those. As I said 2 weeks ago, a couple of the picks have been shockingly bad, though. Definitely not good, but fair is fair.

Presumably they get O'Brien next year and I'm quite curious to see how that works out. I suppose the return of JMD is a possibility, but I'm not betting on it.
E.F. Benson

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1324 on: November 06, 2022, 04:17:14 PM »

Not. Good.

At a minimum 3 of those picks weren't on him. Receivers and referees own a few of those. As I said 2 weeks ago, a couple of the picks have been shockingly bad, though. Definitely not good, but fair is fair.

Presumably they get O'Brien next year and I'm quite curious to see how that works out. I suppose the return of JMD is a possibility, but I'm not betting on it.

Unless the players revolt, I can't see JMD being fired.

Is it possible to form an opinion?

Do you think he's good enough to be the long term solution for the Patriots at QB?
If the answer is I don't know or we'll see, then I actually think that's telling.

If you think he's the guy, that's fine.
I don't though.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1325 on: November 06, 2022, 04:59:05 PM »
It is amazing how bad the Bucs' O is. Lots of drops today.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1326 on: November 06, 2022, 05:04:24 PM »
It is amazing how bad the Bucs' O is. Lots of drops today.

Tony Romo, is that you?  :lol :lol

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #1327 on: November 06, 2022, 05:06:22 PM »

Not. Good.

Unless the players revolt, I can't see JMD being fired.

Is it possible to form an opinion?
I think we might be seeing the beginnings of the revolution. I'm not in the lockerroom so I obviously don't know, but once a team gives up on a coach it's all over. We saw that in Dallas, and that may be happening there. As he showed in Denver, JMD isn't the most inspiring guy in the world, so holding on to them might be difficult. The team's got some talent, they can't win, and he doesn't have any answers. "Them's the breaks" only takes you so far.

Do you think he's good enough to be the long term solution for the Patriots at QB?
If the answer is I don't know or we'll see, then I actually think that's telling.

If you think he's the guy, that's fine.
I don't though.
I don't know and we'll see, though I have no idea what that says. He is not Tom Brady, and if anybody thought that they were silly. The thing is, 49 teams have won superbowls without having Tom Brady playing QB. He doesn't need to be. In NE it's a very different metric.  NE has always been about executing on all three phases of the game, which is something most teams can't/don't do. Mac just has to be the guy who has the offense playing well, not great, and he's likely to have a fair amount of help along the way.  He might be that guy.
E.F. Benson

Offline TheCountOfNYC

« Reply #1328 on: November 06, 2022, 05:10:55 PM »
I have no idea who this Jets team is, all I know is that they’re 6-3 and firmly in the playoff race.

-MirrorMask

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1329 on: November 06, 2022, 05:26:58 PM »
Jeesh, who is Romo rooting for? He looked like his dog died on the previous possession.
Seems quite happy now.