Luka Doncic
0 (0%)
Jayson Tatum
1 (16.7%)
OTHER
1 (16.7%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Voting closed: April 17, 2022, 07:54:44 AM

Author Topic: NBA 2021-22---- NBA LEGEND Bill Russell 1934-2022 RIP  (Read 29382 times)

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
Re: NBA 2021-22.....Playoffs? Playoffs? Don't talk about playoffs?
« Reply #385 on: June 02, 2022, 09:06:28 AM »
I'm curious why you still find that so laughable.  We kind of talked about this a few pages ago, but where would you rank him all time?  I wouldn't have him in the top 10, no, but I think he's in a tier right outside of that, which would make him fairly close.  If anything I think it's being prisoner of the moment in '22 that has made him look weaker than he used to since he struggled against the Celtics in the first round.  Just a year ago he was outplaying Giannis in the semis, almost single-handedly willing the hobbled Nets to the conference finals, and then won an Olympic gold medal and was still looking like the best player on the planet.  Add to that two titles and finals MVPs, an MVP (and numerous top 5 finishes), 12x all-star (2x MVP), 6x all-NBA first team, 4x second team, four scoring titles, etc., and he already has both the resume and the eye test of one of the all-time greats, and he's still playing.  Whether he's #12 or #19 when all is said and done (and I'd argue it's probably closer to the former), it's still been a really impressive career in spite of a few flaws. 

To me, every few years, you get a stellar player like that who is easily in the top 3-5 of his peers.  To my eyes, while Durant is truly great in comparison to all but maybe a handful of those currently playing, that still falls short of putting him in that elite all time group.  Guys like him, Harden, Giannis, and a few others will be remembered by those who watched the game during this time.  And that is itself a huge accomplishment.  But did he elevate the game in some way that makes me think his name will be discussed with awe by future generations?  I'm not seeing that.  LeBron?  Yes.  Curry?  Yes.  Durant?  No.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline TheOutlawXanadu

• The Original Unseasoned Fan
  • DTF.com Member
  • The Original Unseasoned Fan
« Reply #386 on: June 02, 2022, 09:30:01 AM »
Durant's career is one of the hardest to judge. He was obviously brilliant in OKC but a combination of bad injuries at the wrong times and brutal floor spacing on offense resulted in those teams underperforming a bit and him having some rough series. In Golden State, he was pretty much unstoppable but those were also ludicrously good teams on a level we've never seen. Even his Brooklyn tenure has been weird... One all-time great playoff run and one stinker. If I had to place him somewhere, I'd probably throw him in that 11-15 range.
:TOX: <-- My own emoticon!

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #387 on: June 02, 2022, 10:04:52 AM »
When you make a deal with the devil (AKA: Kyrie)  bad things happen. 
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #388 on: June 02, 2022, 05:45:50 PM »
Durant is top 20 sure, but top 10? No way. I don't think he has ever been the best player in the league, and if he was, when? 

He has been All-NBA 1st team once in the last eight years. Once. 

Back when he was making All-NBA 1st team every year (five years in a row from 2010-2014), James was the best player in the league by a country mile. 

"Oh, but he has been hurt."

Exactly.  Durability matters when it comes to greatness.  Look at James. His body is breaking down a little as he has gotten older, but he was an iron man for the first 15+ years in the league. 

I don't care about the Olympics and all that since there is never any contest and it's just a matter of which guys go and who decides to go for it the most. Hell, Carmelo Anthony has been an Olympic star, and his NBA career pretty much exists of scoring a lot and never making teams better.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #389 on: June 02, 2022, 06:26:53 PM »
James played some crazy minutes too for so many years.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #390 on: June 02, 2022, 07:18:49 PM »
Leaving Curry wide open on a switch is asking for death.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #391 on: June 02, 2022, 07:37:35 PM »
Celts needs to address the pick and roll with Curry. You can't give him an inch. I'd rather be beaten by anyone else on the Warriors.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #392 on: June 02, 2022, 07:39:12 PM »
Celts needs to address the pick and roll with Curry. You can't give him an inch. I'd rather be beaten by anyone else on the Warriors.

They need to make an adjustment. He's getting way too many open looks and they're getting way to many second chances. Celts look too wound tight on D to start the game.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #393 on: June 02, 2022, 08:05:39 PM »
So far in the 2nd quarter they've done a much better job.
.Curry with 3 fouls.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #394 on: June 02, 2022, 08:07:49 PM »
The Celts need to drive at Curry on EVERY possession in the 3rd.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #395 on: June 02, 2022, 08:09:11 PM »
Don't give him an inch when playing D and exactly what you said. Force him to play D.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #396 on: June 02, 2022, 08:40:35 PM »
3rd quarter is the Warriors. C's need stops.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #397 on: June 02, 2022, 09:28:27 PM »
I'm honestly shocked but so happy.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #398 on: June 02, 2022, 09:28:57 PM »
What a beatdown that was in the 4th quarter.  All of the stats and analytics say the Celtics are the better team, and they sure looked like it. 

Offline Azyiu

« Reply #399 on: June 02, 2022, 09:30:56 PM »
Things went smoothly for the Warriors in the 3rd qtr, then they got cute with the ball to start the 4th qtr. Curry pooped himself in the 4th with only 4 pts and no points after the 6 minute mark. Great comeback by the Celtics. The rest of the series should be interesting, now that Boston got home court.
1949, 1950, 1952, 1953,
1954, 1972, 1980, 1982,
1985, 1987, 1988, 2000,
2001, 2002, 2009, 2010... 2020

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #400 on: June 02, 2022, 09:38:54 PM »
Shocked at how badly the Warriors shot and played D in the 4th.  Thankfully, that's a trend that I don't see continuing.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #401 on: June 02, 2022, 09:44:28 PM »
Shocked at how badly the Warriors shot and played D in the 4th.  Thankfully, that's a trend that I don't see continuing.

Honestly I agree even though I know how good our D is. How did the go away from what worked in the 4th?

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #402 on: June 02, 2022, 11:14:57 PM »
:dunno:  Sometimes, they get silly like that. 

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #403 on: June 03, 2022, 06:25:47 AM »

Honestly I agree even though I know how good our D is. How did the go away from what worked in the 4th?

Boston is the better team. I think it really is that simple.  My "they will get clowned by the Warriors in 5 or 6" comment was obviously way off. :facepalm: :lol :lol

Tatum didn't play well, yet the Celtics still won by double digits.  That does not bode well for the Warriors.  Now, the Celtics have the tendency to take games off in these playoffs, and you can't give games away in the finals, but given how good their defense, team play and coaching all is, if they play their game, they win this.

Offline T-ski

« Reply #404 on: June 03, 2022, 07:53:38 AM »
GS going cruise control in the 4th was something else.

I too wouldn’t have expected that result.
Is all that we see or seem, but a dream within a dream?

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #405 on: June 03, 2022, 09:11:40 AM »
This series is far from over. You don’t win or lose a series in the first game. The Celts lost both G1s in the previous two series.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #406 on: June 03, 2022, 02:56:02 PM »
I heard this on the radio today. Draymond Green talking after the game saying Smart, Horford & White won't be that hot the next game.

Shouldn't he be talking instead that he needs to be better than 2 for 12 for him shooting? 

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #407 on: June 03, 2022, 04:30:11 PM »
I heard this on the radio today. Draymond Green talking after the game saying Smart, Horford & White won't be that hot the next game.

Shouldn't he be talking instead that he needs to be better than 2 for 12 for him shooting?

Yeah, definitely not a time for shit talking....not after that 4th quarter.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #408 on: June 04, 2022, 06:34:22 AM »

Didn't we all know a guy like Draymond Green in grade school? Ya know, the kid who was a good player, but always ended up on the teams in school with the best athletes, and ended up being the one who ran his mouth every time they won even though everyone knew he wasn't the main reason why they ever won.  He should be thanking his lucky stars that he got drafted to the team with the Splash Brothers.

Offline LithoJazzoSphere

• DT.net Veteran
  • Placid Eruption
« Reply #409 on: June 04, 2022, 09:19:47 AM »
Yeah,

Yeah, probably not, but they could be.  And Tatum is unlikely to go 3/17 again, Grant Williams could easily do better than 0-2, and Jalen is capable of better than 10/23.  Conversely, Steph may not go 7/14 from 3 again, OPJ 4/5 from 3, or Iggy 3/4 overall.  If they don't win tonight beating the Celtics 4/5 is going to be a Herculean task. 

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #410 on: June 04, 2022, 04:57:35 PM »
If they don't win tonight beating the Celtics 4/5 is going to be a Herculean task. 

I can 100% guarantee they won't win tonight.

Offline Azyiu

« Reply #411 on: June 04, 2022, 05:01:22 PM »

Are you saying the Warriors will get swept by the Celtics? While I think the Celtics are a slightly better team, especially defensively and size; but sweeping the Dubs is quite difficult if not impossible.
1949, 1950, 1952, 1953,
1954, 1972, 1980, 1982,
1985, 1987, 1988, 2000,
2001, 2002, 2009, 2010... 2020

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #412 on: June 04, 2022, 05:09:48 PM »
No.  Because they are playing tomorrow night.  Well done Bosk1.  Lol

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #413 on: June 04, 2022, 05:18:37 PM »

Are you saying the Warriors will get swept by the Celtics? While I think the Celtics are a slightly better team, especially defensively and size; but sweeping the Dubs is quite difficult if not impossible.

No, I was saying the Celtics will not win tonight.  I can 100% guarantee it and I will bet any dollar amount you want to put on the table. 

As for who will win the series, I'm still very confident in the Warriors.  I think they probably win the next 2, lose the second in Boston, and then take the next two to close it out in 6. 

Offline LithoJazzoSphere

• DT.net Veteran
  • Placid Eruption
« Reply #414 on: June 04, 2022, 05:31:27 PM »
Ooh, it is tomorrow.  I'd gotten so used to the every other day schedule I had just assumed it would stay that way once it started. 

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #415 on: June 04, 2022, 07:20:37 PM »

No, I was saying the Celtics will not win tonight.  I can 100% guarantee it and I will bet any dollar amount you want to put on the table. 

As for who will win the series, I'm still very confident in the Warriors.  I think they probably win the next 2, lose the second in Boston, and then take the next two to close it out in 6.

Draymond Bosk1.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #416 on: June 04, 2022, 09:42:21 PM »
I don't get the hate for Draymond at all.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #417 on: June 05, 2022, 04:38:23 AM »
No hate. Just bold. Like your prediction. 

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #418 on: June 05, 2022, 07:17:19 AM »
I don't get the hate for Draymond at all.

I am shocked by this.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #419 on: June 05, 2022, 06:25:06 PM »
I'll say this about Draymond...he gets away with murder yelling at the refs. I can't believe they take it from him.