Luka Doncic
0 (0%)
Jayson Tatum
1 (16.7%)
OTHER
1 (16.7%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Voting closed: April 17, 2022, 07:54:44 AM

Author Topic: NBA 2021-22---- NBA LEGEND Bill Russell 1934-2022 RIP  (Read 28435 times)

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
Re: NBA 2021-22.....Playoffs? Playoffs? Don't talk about playoffs?
« Reply #280 on: May 17, 2022, 04:06:58 PM »
Horford and Smart out tonight. Not good news
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #281 on: May 17, 2022, 04:10:16 PM »
How do they go from having 3 or 4 days off DURING the first round, but the CF are every other. This was a quick turnaround that's for sure.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Azyiu

« Reply #282 on: May 17, 2022, 04:25:48 PM »

Smart was pretty beat up in the Bucks series, but what's wrong with Horford?

How do they go from having 3 or 4 days off DURING the first round, but the CF are every other. This was a quick turnaround that's for sure.

I believe the start dates for both the ECF and WCF are set regardless. In other words, you get a few more days off if you finished your second round series sooner, or else you have to deal with the quick turnaround.
1949, 1950, 1952, 1953,
1954, 1972, 1980, 1982,
1985, 1987, 1988, 2000,
2001, 2002, 2009, 2010... 2020

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #283 on: May 17, 2022, 04:30:35 PM »

Smart was pretty beat up in the Bucks series, but what's wrong with Horford?

Health & Safety protocols.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline T-ski

« Reply #284 on: May 17, 2022, 07:02:59 PM »

Timing is everything.
Is all that we see or seem, but a dream within a dream?

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #285 on: May 17, 2022, 07:05:44 PM »
I expected Smart, not Horford.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #286 on: May 17, 2022, 09:27:19 PM »
Thought I'd be wrong after the 1st half. Still had 30 minutes and the Heat clamped down on their D.  All you can do is tip the hat.

Offline TheOutlawXanadu

• The Original Unseasoned Fan
  • DTF.com Member
  • The Original Unseasoned Fan
« Reply #287 on: May 18, 2022, 07:29:10 AM »

Meanwhile, even Dame joins in to slam Beverley for talking bad about CP3.

I suspect a lot of players think what Beverley said, but since Paul used to be president of the player's union and likely still has a lot of power, many want to stay on his good side off the court, so they keep mostly quiet.  A guy like Beverley, though, just doesn't give a crap. :lol :lol

I respect players being honest and giving their true thoughts but some of Bev's comments were wild. I really enjoyed him adamantly campaigning for James Harden to get the supermax even though pretty much everyone can see that would be a disaster. :lol
:TOX: <-- My own emoticon!

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #288 on: May 18, 2022, 08:40:12 AM »
Have not been following NBA much lately but just saw the comments from Bev  :facepalm:

Admittedly, I never liked Bev (I honestly didn't even know he was still playing). He's one of those dudes that tries to intimidate you with toughness, and that doesn't work with A-type players. But at the end of the day, He's not completely wrong, I just think he used the wrong words. CP3 is a great player, but he's known for facilitating and being effective on offense, not defense. Plus, at his age he is on the older side of NBA players.

The Harden discussion is interesting. Harden is another player I don't like (I guess you can guess how I felt about Houston when they were both there), and while he can put up great numbers, that alone doesn't grant the "supermax" discussion, though I don't fault those that believe he deserves it.
Vmadera has evolved into Lonk

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #289 on: May 19, 2022, 01:41:49 PM »
Horford has been cleared to play tonight!!  Woot!!  Same for Smart!

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #290 on: May 20, 2022, 09:36:10 PM »
That second half by the Dubs... Damn...

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #291 on: May 21, 2022, 09:10:34 PM »
C's with too many turnovers. Heat came to play and the C's didn't match their intensity. Tatum flat out laid an egg.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #292 on: May 22, 2022, 12:29:25 AM »
Why do you guys keep talking about teams nobody cares about?

GO DUBS!
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline T-ski

« Reply #293 on: May 22, 2022, 09:46:42 AM »
I truly feel the Celtics treated the Milwaukee series as more important than the Miami series.

I get it because that was the Bucks a few years ago.

And Bosk is right, go Dubs!
Is all that we see or seem, but a dream within a dream?

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #294 on: May 22, 2022, 10:05:39 AM »
Why do you guys keep talking about teams nobody cares about?

GO DUBS!

I bleed green like Spock.  :lol

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #295 on: May 24, 2022, 05:33:35 AM »
Have you ever seen a series like this?  Ever game a team dominates the other team for a stretch that wins the game?  So many 20 point leads.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #296 on: May 24, 2022, 08:19:16 AM »
Just keep stretching the series out.  More time for the Warriors to rest for the finals.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #297 on: May 24, 2022, 08:30:02 AM »
Just keep stretching the series out.  More time for the Warriors to rest for the finals.

I was thinking about that too.  Honestly shocked GS blew threw that series so far. You'd expect a better battle. Big win if GS can close tonight.

Offline LithoJazzoSphere

• DT.net Veteran
  • Placid Eruption
« Reply #298 on: May 24, 2022, 09:15:34 AM »
Someday somebody is going to come behind from 0-3.  Why not Luka?  I'm not counting on it though.  It would probably take Steph spraining his ankle on the first play. 

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #299 on: May 24, 2022, 09:33:28 AM »
Someday somebody is going to come behind from 0-3.  Why not Luka?  I'm not counting on it though.  It would probably take Steph spraining his ankle on the first play. 

Because he has no supporting cast that can answer what the Warriors do.  That's the simple answer.  I have no doubt that it will happen someday.  But as great a player as Luka is, I don't see it this time. 

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #300 on: May 24, 2022, 07:24:33 PM »

I was thinking about that too.  Honestly shocked GS blew threw that series so far. You'd expect a better battle. Big win if GS can close tonight.

Dallas got cold at the wrong time.  They had a comfortable lead in G2 and missed more open shots than you can imagine.  I think losing that game took it out of them. 

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #301 on: May 24, 2022, 07:39:20 PM »
I would watch but basketball is a sport the wife doesn't like so watching the Celtics run only is a compromise.  Lol

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #302 on: May 24, 2022, 07:49:56 PM »
I would watch but basketball is a sport the wife doesn't like so watching the Celtics run only is a compromise.  Lol

I'm in a hotel room in Texas and there's one channel that isn't coming in.....ESPN, so I can't watch hockey...Dammit..so I am watching the basketball game instead. My wife is practically sleeping already.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #303 on: May 24, 2022, 07:56:52 PM »
Good way to get the controller Tim. Lol. Where in Texas?

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #304 on: May 24, 2022, 08:33:59 PM »
Good way to get the controller Tim. Lol. Where in Texas?

We're an hour west of Austin.

Offline LithoJazzoSphere

• DT.net Veteran
  • Placid Eruption
« Reply #305 on: May 24, 2022, 09:50:39 PM »
Crazy game.

Rain delay from roof leak.  Hole in the shark tank? 

Draymond gets free throw ball stuck on top of hoop. 

Mavericks shoot 60%+ on threes, go up 29.  Warriors' bench knocks the lead down to 8 against most of the Mavericks starters still in, but not quite enough time to do much more. 

Offline crazy climber dude

« Reply #306 on: May 25, 2022, 05:30:38 AM »

I agree, it could happen if an opposing team lost a key player after being up 3-0. Or.....if another team was playing without their best player due to injury, then they came back after Game 3.

It has happened in other sports (even without injuries playing a big role), so definitely not out of the realm.

Offline hunnus2000

« Reply #307 on: May 25, 2022, 09:59:24 AM »
This iteration of the NBA is hit or miss. You're either hitting your 3s or you're not. In games 2 and 3 the Mavs were not hitting the 3s and GW and Steph was - look at the stats and you will see the story that GS wasn't that great hitting the 3s but the Mavs were worse. Last night, it was the opposite and look at the score.

It's not out of the question that the Mavs can come back although I highly doubt it...............

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #308 on: May 26, 2022, 10:00:21 PM »
Dubs :RJ:

Come join us in the finals King...we'll have to make a little wager if you green bastards make it.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #309 on: May 27, 2022, 04:43:51 AM »

Come join us in the finals King...we'll have to make a little wager if you green bastards make it.

1st tonight, then we'll talk.

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #310 on: May 27, 2022, 06:12:32 AM »

Oh go ahead and commit you wuss...nothing ever bad happens when you celebrate early....

Offline romdrums

« Reply #311 on: May 27, 2022, 07:02:03 AM »

Oh go ahead and commit you wuss...nothing ever bad happens when you celebrate early....

The 2004 New York Yankees have entered the chat.
Though we live in trying times, we're the ones who have to try. -Neil Peart, 1952-2020.

There is a fundamental difference between filtered facts and firehosed opinions. -Stadler.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #312 on: May 27, 2022, 07:04:36 AM »

HELL NOOOO! :lol

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #313 on: May 27, 2022, 08:16:12 PM »
This game is going to give me ulcers. Lol

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #314 on: May 27, 2022, 08:17:23 PM »
This game is going to give me ulcers. Lol

Butler gets away with more than Giannis.