Luka Doncic
0 (0%)
Jayson Tatum
1 (16.7%)
OTHER
1 (16.7%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Voting closed: April 17, 2022, 07:54:44 AM

Author Topic: NBA 2021-22---- NBA LEGEND Bill Russell 1934-2022 RIP  (Read 28592 times)

Offline T-ski

Re: NBA 2021-22.....Playoffs? Playoffs? Don't talk about playoffs?
« Reply #210 on: May 09, 2022, 08:16:57 PM »
First game the Bucks truly missed Khris Middleton.  Bucks were gassed and old man Horford couldn’t miss.

It feels like the Celtics are in the drivers seat, but as they say, it isn’t over until it’s over.
Is all that we see or seem, but a dream within a dream?

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #211 on: May 09, 2022, 08:20:11 PM »
but as they say, it isn’t over until it’s over.

Yeah, I don't think either side will be comfortable until it's actually over.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #212 on: May 09, 2022, 08:20:40 PM »
Feels like the Bucks went to iso ball instead of moving, passing snd hitting the open guy.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline T-ski

« Reply #213 on: May 09, 2022, 08:28:50 PM »
Feels like the Bucks went to iso ball instead of moving, passing snd hitting the open guy.

No doubt about it.  Amazing how complacent teams can get during games after going on runs.

Offline Dublagent66

• Devouring consciousness...
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #214 on: May 10, 2022, 11:51:31 AM »
Yeah, looks like the Suns are doing the same thing this year.  They get home court advantage, go up 2-0 and then drop 2 on the road.  Can't get at least 1 game on the road?
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Offline pg1067

« Reply #215 on: May 10, 2022, 12:54:01 PM »
A question to gauge my family's sanity.

My wife is a lifelong Celtics fan (born and raised in the Albany, NY area).  Since I don't have any basketball allegiance, my son also adopted the Celtics as his team, and he and my wife have been regularly watching the Celtics playoff games.

When I got home yesterday, the two of them were livid.  I don't remember exactly where the game was, but the Celtics were down by maybe 6-8 with a ton of time left.  They were screaming about how the Celtics have to beat both the Bucks and the refs.  There was one ref in particular they were bitching about.  At one point my son walked into the room where I was, and I asked how he was doing.  His response was somewhere along the lines of, "miserable.  I have never been so mad about a game I wasn't playing in.  I just want to punch something."  Not long after that, they were whooping it up because the Celtics took the lead for good.

I usually write off/ignore my wife's (mostly) whining about refs.  I believe that she truly believes some refs are biased and that games are fixed.  I find it hilarious that she thinks everyone is anti-Celtic, which is a bit like suggesting that the MLB is anti-Yankee.  Is there really anything to this -- particularly with respect to yesterday's game?
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #216 on: May 10, 2022, 01:18:35 PM »
Before last night, the Celtics were 2-10 in playoff games reffed by that guy last night.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline TheOutlawXanadu

• The Original Unseasoned Fan
  • DTF.com Member
  • The Original Unseasoned Fan
« Reply #217 on: May 10, 2022, 01:38:34 PM »
Two words: Al Horford. The dude literally got back at Giannis dunking on him by dunking on him even harder. :hefdaddy
:TOX: <-- My own emoticon!

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #218 on: May 10, 2022, 01:44:05 PM »
To add, earlier in the series, the C's were getting call for fouls that Giannis was not so that make some fans go into a tizzy. Even I bitched early on when the announcers called a travel by Giannis a "Jump Stop."  The C's started to get the calls in the second half like Brown traveling but not called. The C's being physical like Giannis and not getting called for fouls in the second half calmed most fans down.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline Dublagent66

• Devouring consciousness...
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #219 on: May 10, 2022, 02:25:53 PM »

My wife is a lifelong Celtics fan (born and raised in the Albany, NY area).  Since I don't have any basketball allegiance, my son also adopted the Celtics as his team, and he and my wife have been regularly watching the Celtics playoff games.

When I got home yesterday, the two of them were livid.  I don't remember exactly where the game was, but the Celtics were down by maybe 6-8 with a ton of time left.  They were screaming about how the Celtics have to beat both the Bucks and the refs.  There was one ref in particular they were bitching about.  At one point my son walked into the room where I was, and I asked how he was doing.  His response was somewhere along the lines of, "miserable.  I have never been so mad about a game I wasn't playing in.  I just want to punch something."  Not long after that, they were whooping it up because the Celtics took the lead for good.

I usually write off/ignore my wife's (mostly) whining about refs.  I believe that she truly believes some refs are biased and that games are fixed.  I find it hilarious that she thinks everyone is anti-Celtic, which is a bit like suggesting that the MLB is anti-Yankee.  Is there really anything to this -- particularly with respect to yesterday's game?

Did you ask if they wanted a little cheese with that whine?  :lol  In the game of basketball, being down less than 10 pts with a reasonable amount of time left isn't a death sentence.  Even without 3 pt shots it's surmountable.  :tup
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Offline T-ski

« Reply #220 on: May 10, 2022, 08:25:47 PM »
The next game the fans don’t complain about the refs will be the first. It’s almost as if we can’t fathom our teams losing to another without admitting we actually weren’t good enough to win.

Offline T-ski

« Reply #221 on: May 11, 2022, 06:11:29 AM »
RIP Bob Lanier.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #222 on: May 11, 2022, 06:37:06 AM »
Damn.  R.I.P.

Offline Azyiu

« Reply #223 on: May 11, 2022, 06:40:24 AM »
What a depressing news, RIP
1949, 1950, 1952, 1953,
1954, 1972, 1980, 1982,
1985, 1987, 1988, 2000,
2001, 2002, 2009, 2010... 2020

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #224 on: May 11, 2022, 07:37:00 PM »
Gag on it, Celtics.

Online faizoff

« Reply #225 on: May 11, 2022, 07:41:48 PM »

How are your wife and son doing?  ;D
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #226 on: May 11, 2022, 07:46:39 PM »
Fudge.

Offline T-ski

« Reply #227 on: May 11, 2022, 07:53:36 PM »
I rather enjoyed that.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #228 on: May 11, 2022, 08:00:59 PM »
 :lol

As you should!

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #229 on: May 11, 2022, 08:01:53 PM »
I like fudge! ;D

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #230 on: May 11, 2022, 08:11:11 PM »

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #231 on: May 11, 2022, 08:26:39 PM »
Hard to trust a team who has a player with green hair.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #232 on: May 11, 2022, 08:27:50 PM »
That's a smart observation.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #233 on: May 11, 2022, 08:31:54 PM »
And I hate him bitching after both plays when A) he was cleanly blocked and B) cleanly had his pocket picked

Offline pg1067

« Reply #234 on: May 12, 2022, 10:02:54 AM »

How are your wife and son doing?  ;D

I wasn't home yesterday evening.  A friend and I had dinner at a sports bar and then went to the Long Beach State baseball game.  When we left the bar, the Celtics were up.  When I got home, my son said, "if you see red sauce near the cat's bowls, that was me."  I asked what happened, and he said "Celtics."  I think I'm glad I wasn't home.
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline T-ski

« Reply #235 on: May 12, 2022, 08:56:22 PM »
How about that James Harden. Biggest cancer to any team he’s on.

Offline Azyiu

« Reply #236 on: May 13, 2022, 02:26:52 AM »
How about that James Harden. Biggest cancer to any team he’s on.

No more Harden this season? I love it... but just 11 points (no points in second half) in an elimination game? He put up no fight, man. He is definitely going to opt-into his $47+M deal, but he doesn't deserve not even third of that. I think it is a combination of the new rules and his age finally caught up to him.
1949, 1950, 1952, 1953,
1954, 1972, 1980, 1982,
1985, 1987, 1988, 2000,
2001, 2002, 2009, 2010... 2020

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #237 on: May 13, 2022, 05:58:32 PM »
Why Jeff Van Gundy is the best...

"You've got some experienced floppers in this game".  :lol

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #238 on: May 13, 2022, 06:01:01 PM »
Seriously.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #239 on: May 13, 2022, 07:45:16 PM »
Giannis is a Colt 45 commercial in the 70's with every drive to the bucket

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #240 on: May 13, 2022, 07:52:38 PM »
The Celts are going to gag another one away, but holy shit, Giannis fucking travels on practically every play.

Online faizoff

« Reply #241 on: May 13, 2022, 07:56:46 PM »
The last Bucks-Celtics game was wild and it's looking the same tonight.
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #242 on: May 13, 2022, 08:03:14 PM »
The Celts are going to gag another one away, but holy shit, Giannis fucking travels on practically every play.

They just called in the act of shooting. Are the refs blind?

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #243 on: May 13, 2022, 08:10:51 PM »

They just called in the act of shooting. Are the refs blind?

Yeah. Ridiculous.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #244 on: May 13, 2022, 08:12:39 PM »
2 game 7's this weekend. Crazy!!