Author Topic: New LTE - LTE 3 2021!!  (Read 57719 times)

Online Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
Re: New LTE Coming Spring 2021!!
« Reply #560 on: March 31, 2021, 11:57:47 PM »
Liquid Dreams is my favorite of their Jam songs. I like that way better than the Chris and Kevin songs.

Liquid Dreams does feel much more natural than something like Chewbacca or TMW, I llike it quite a bit.

The Chris and Kevin tracks are completely irrelevant to me so far.

:lol :lol Sounds about right for me too about Chris and Kevin.

The irony is that I'm both a bassist and a drummer, yet I hate those tracks :lol

:lol :lol That is hilarious.

I took the opportunity to make an album/playlist of the songs I enjoy from Both LTE 1 and 2. Went to the fun of making it flow as if it was an actual release. I'll link to a Spotify of it...

1. Another Dimension
2. Paradigm Shift
3. Acid Rain
4. When The Water Breaks
5. State of Grace
6. Universal Mind
7. Liquid Dreams
8. Freedom of Speech
9. Hourglass

1:19:00 (Just barely made the time limit of 80 minutes)

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/5a5m8UPtzTaMW3TvzAkk5w?si=8eW0r4pwTwuO-OpwYYna0g
« Last Edit: April 01, 2021, 12:04:09 AM by Ben_Jamin »
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline Fritzinger

« Reply #561 on: April 03, 2021, 03:23:30 AM »
https://www.sonicperspectives.com/album-reviews/liquid-tension-experiment-lte3/

I had the pleasure of writing a review for the new LTE! Enjoy  :)
any rock can be made to roll

Offline Architeuthis

« Reply #562 on: April 03, 2021, 04:38:48 AM »

I really like the three singles I've heard from LT3 and consider them amongst their strongest material to date.
I have a feeling I'm gonna like this album more than you.   :coolio
Thanks for sharing you're review, hopefully the album will grow on you after a few listens.  :)
You can do a lot in a lifetime if you don't burn out too fast, you can make the most of the distance, first you need endurance first you've got to last....... NP

Offline RodrigoAltaf

« Reply #563 on: April 03, 2021, 09:52:29 AM »

Did you ask to interview one of them? I think you should, man!!!!

Offline Fritzinger

« Reply #564 on: April 06, 2021, 12:19:34 PM »

I really like the three singles I've heard from LT3 and consider them amongst their strongest material to date.
I have a feeling I'm gonna like this album more than you.   :coolio
Thanks for sharing you're review, hopefully the album will grow on you after a few listens.  :)

I do like this album ;) But as mentioned, I am looking forward to their "second" comeback album. I hope they won't lay any focus on what (they think) fans want to hear from them.

Did you ask to interview one of them? I think you should, man!!!!

I didn't! Not sure I can compete with you in that department  :coolio I think I'll stick to review for now  :)
any rock can be made to roll

Offline gzarruk

« Reply #565 on: April 06, 2021, 02:13:40 PM »
It sounds like, "ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk." Instead of the more pleasing kick drum sound of, "gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk."

Offline goo-goo

« Reply #566 on: April 06, 2021, 07:26:40 PM »
Haven't heard a single yet but it's going to be very hard to top LTE1 and LTE2. They are such landmark, classic, and legendary albums in my opinion.

Offline lucasembarbosa

• Pale Rider of No Tomorrow
« Reply #567 on: April 10, 2021, 04:07:36 AM »
Last night I dreamed of listening to a live version of Beating The Odds DT played circa 2005/2006 (??) . I could pay attention to all details, it was great! Can't wait for the album!!!

Online NoseofNicko

« Reply #568 on: April 11, 2021, 06:07:27 PM »
My artbook shipped on the 9th from LaserCD. Don’t know if I’ll get it next week or the week after since I’m in Quebec.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2021, 06:50:13 PM by NoseofNicko »

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #569 on: April 12, 2021, 08:06:39 AM »
My artbook shipped on the 9th from LaserCD. Don’t know if I’ll get it next week or the week after since I’m in Quebec.

Mine did as well. Just checked the tracking and it arrived in Chicago yesterday which means it's about 60 miles from me. Sadly, as pathetic as the USPS has become, that doesn't mean I will even get it this week. They have royally screwed up several recent shipments to me lately and just keep finding ways to be worse.
beul ni teh efac = Lube In The Face / That has to be wrong.  :lol / EDIT: Oh, it's Blue! I'm an idiot.
Pardon the interruption, but I just had to run in and celebrate the majesty of Lube in the Face as highest moment in roulette history

Offline The Letter M

« Reply #570 on: April 12, 2021, 08:42:51 AM »
My artbook also shipped from LaserCD last week and is currently out for delivery today! Cannot wait to get it in!

-Marc.
ATTENTION - HAKEN FANS! The HAKEN SURVIVOR 2023 has begun! You can check it out in the Polls/Survivors Forum!!!

Offline kirksnosehair

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Bryce & Kylie's Grandpa
« Reply #571 on: April 12, 2021, 09:15:41 AM »
My artbook also shipped from LaserCD last week and is currently out for delivery today! Cannot wait to get it in!

-Marc.

Mine too!   :corn

Offline goo-goo

« Reply #572 on: April 12, 2021, 09:59:23 AM »
No shipping confirmation yet. I ordered the black vinyls, artbook, and the 2CD digipack. I'm assuming there's a delay in receiving shipments. Had enough points with LaserCD that my order was about $30 bucks including shipping  :biggrin:

Offline The Letter M

« Reply #573 on: April 12, 2021, 04:09:51 PM »

What a gorgeous artbook. The liner notes are comprehensive and the photos and art are pretty nice! Gonna pop the BD in later tonight!

-Marc.
ATTENTION - HAKEN FANS! The HAKEN SURVIVOR 2023 has begun! You can check it out in the Polls/Survivors Forum!!!

Online NoseofNicko

« Reply #574 on: April 12, 2021, 04:18:52 PM »
Nice! Can you please post a picture of the area where the discs are? I want to see if it looks like the discs would get loose easily.

Offline The Letter M

« Reply #575 on: April 12, 2021, 04:46:34 PM »
Nice! Can you please post a picture of the area where the discs are? I want to see if it looks like the discs would get loose easily.

There ya go! It's a similar way of holding discs that I've seen in other artbooks lately, and they were pretty in place when I opened mine. They're inside the back cover of the artbook.

-Marc.

Online NoseofNicko

« Reply #576 on: April 12, 2021, 04:52:52 PM »
Thanks a lot!

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #577 on: April 12, 2021, 05:19:23 PM »
Hypersonic drum cover

https://youtu.be/vE0sQf3HVdM

Offline devieira73

• Boldly go where no brazilian has gone before...
« Reply #578 on: April 12, 2021, 06:35:24 PM »

What a gorgeous artbook. The liner notes are comprehensive and the photos and art are pretty nice! Gonna pop the BD in later tonight!

-Marc.
WOW!!! :metal :metal :metal Waiting for mine  :coolio
So, how much you liked the second CD? :corn
"one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind." (RIP Neil Armstrong)

Offline The Letter M

« Reply #579 on: April 12, 2021, 06:38:47 PM »

-Marc.
WOW!!! :metal :metal :metal Waiting for mine  :coolio
So, how much you liked the second CD? :corn

"A Night At The Improv" is pretty good, definitely some interesting jams there, but if you're not into improvised jamming, there probably isn't much here for ya. I like it because it shows just how in-tune these four are in playing together live, and they go in some interesting places, but there are some great chops and solos by John and Jordan, as you'd expect. I've only spun it once all the way through, but at first glance, it's pretty good, about as good as any of the other jams they've released, though I still have a fondness for "Three Minute Warning".

-Marc.

Offline devieira73

« Reply #580 on: April 12, 2021, 06:46:01 PM »
Really cool, Marc! Their chemistry in the jams always was truly amazing!
A Night At The Improv is the title of the second CD? It was recorded in just one night from their recording sessions?

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #581 on: April 12, 2021, 06:58:00 PM »
I would say that I enjoyed the improvisations more than the studio tracks.

Solid Resolution Theory and Your Beard is Good are very interesting. Some parts remind me of DT tracks, and some of the interactions between all 4 of them are great.
Vmadera has evolved into Lonk

Offline The Letter M

« Reply #582 on: April 12, 2021, 06:58:13 PM »
A Night At The Improv is the title of the second CD? It was recorded in just one night from their recording sessions?

I don't think it was all one night, I think that's just a play on the typical sort of show that comedians would put on "A Night At The Improv", The Improv being a place where comedians would come out and do their routines, but "improv", in the musical sense, means improvising, so it sort of has a double meaning here.

According to the liner notes, the band had four separate jam sessions of about half an hour to an hour each, which is where the five tracks come from, as well as the main album track "Liquid Evolution".

-Marc.

Offline faizoff

« Reply #583 on: April 12, 2021, 07:07:36 PM »
That is an amazing looking set M! I still regret not getting the live set back when it released.
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Offline darkshade

« Reply #584 on: April 12, 2021, 07:11:23 PM »
That is an amazing looking set M! I still regret not getting the live set back when it released.

Same here. I've since... found a copy of the NY show but not the LA show..

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #585 on: April 12, 2021, 07:26:41 PM »
I think the new material is mostly pretty damn good, but I don't like how the improvs were just shoved on to the bonus disc.  Part of the magic of the first two records was the bounce back between jams and written material, as it gave the albums a really cool flow.  I do think their cover of Rhapsody in Blue is outstanding, but with it being a cover, it feels like it would have made more sense to put that on the bonus disc and put more original material on the proper album.  Ultimately we get it all, so it's hard to quibble too much, I guess.

Offline The Letter M

« Reply #586 on: April 12, 2021, 07:53:03 PM »
I think the new material is mostly pretty damn good, but I don't like how the improvs were just shoved on to the bonus disc.  Part of the magic of the first two records was the bounce back between jams and written material, as it gave the albums a really cool flow.  I do think their cover of Rhapsody in Blue is outstanding, but with it being a cover, it feels like it would have made more sense to put that on the bonus disc and put more original material on the proper album.  Ultimately we get it all, so it's hard to quibble too much, I guess.

Well, to be fair, there are still two improvised jams on the main album, albeit one is a duet with Chris & Kevin, but to me, they flow fairly well in the overall scheme of things. If you look at the first album, not counting "Three Minute Warning" at the end, there are only three improvs as well, totaling 7:47 long (including the Chris & Kevin track), which is still shorter than the 8:26 of improv music we get on LTE3. I think we got spoiled for improv material on LTE3, between tracks like "Chewbacca" and "Liquid Dreams" taking up over 24 minutes of the album.

They could have easily put 18 minutes of an improv jam on the main album (and given us an album as long as the first two) and never released the rest of the jams, so I am happy we got what we did. If it makes a difference, just put all the music into a single playlist or album on your digital players, or even find a way to segue them into the main album! Some of the jams have their own segue on the bonus disc though, so you might have to fade them to make your own segues.

-Marc.

Offline devieira73

« Reply #587 on: April 12, 2021, 07:53:39 PM »

I don't think it was all one night, I think that's just a play on the typical sort of show that comedians would put on "A Night At The Improv", The Improv being a place where comedians would come out and do their routines, but "improv", in the musical sense, means improvising, so it sort of has a double meaning here.

According to the liner notes, the band had four separate jam sessions of about half an hour to an hour each, which is where the five tracks come from, as well as the main album track "Liquid Evolution".

-Marc.
Very interesting, thanks for the insight!

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #588 on: April 13, 2021, 06:04:14 AM »

Well, to be fair, there are still two improvised jams on the main album, albeit one is a duet with Chris & Kevin, but to me, they flow fairly well in the overall scheme of things. If you look at the first album, not counting "Three Minute Warning" at the end, there are only three improvs as well, totaling 7:47 long (including the Chris & Kevin track), which is still shorter than the 8:26 of improv music we get on LTE3. I think we got spoiled for improv material on LTE3, between tracks like "Chewbacca" and "Liquid Dreams" taking up over 24 minutes of the album.

They could have easily put 18 minutes of an improv jam on the main album (and given us an album as long as the first two) and never released the rest of the jams, so I am happy we got what we did. If it makes a difference, just put all the music into a single playlist or album on your digital players, or even find a way to segue them into the main album! Some of the jams have their own segue on the bonus disc though, so you might have to fade them to make your own segues.

I am still trying to get used to the album, so I cannot imagine doing my own running order as of yet. But I get what you are saying.  :tup :tup

Offline darkshade

« Reply #589 on: April 13, 2021, 06:20:29 AM »
A true double album for LTE4 could happen. Composed music spread out between 2 discs filled with jams.

Offline faizoff

« Reply #590 on: April 13, 2021, 08:55:11 PM »
Got my shipped email, fingers crossed the artbook is here friday.
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #591 on: April 15, 2021, 10:25:16 AM »
Got my artbook last night.  Absolutely gorgeous presentation.  Haven't had time to read or listen to everything yet, but I love what I've heard.

Liquid Evolution is very satisfying to me.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline Architeuthis

« Reply #592 on: April 15, 2021, 10:27:55 AM »
Got my artbook last night.  Absolutely gorgeous presentation.  Haven't had time to read or listen to everything yet, but I love what I've heard.

Did you read all the lyrics yet?

Btw, where's the best place to order the box set. Is Century Media dependable?
« Last Edit: April 15, 2021, 10:51:23 AM by Architeuthis »
You can do a lot in a lifetime if you don't burn out too fast, you can make the most of the distance, first you need endurance first you've got to last....... NP

Offline kirksnosehair

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #593 on: April 15, 2021, 12:08:05 PM »

I've heard the whole album, including the improv jams and it does not disappoint  :hefdaddy

When you consider the time between the last release and this one, it's pretty amazing that these guys seem to have picked up right where they left off.  :hat

Pretty sure everyone is going to really like this.

Offline kirksnosehair

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #594 on: April 15, 2021, 12:09:21 PM »
By the way, kudos to LaserCD who have always managed to get my pre-orders to me a day or two ahead of the official release date and LTE3 was no exception.  My box set came day before yesterday.