Author Topic: 2020 NFL Thread v. Tom Brady aging better than Mila Kunis  (Read 118350 times)

Offline DragonAttack

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: 2020 NFL Thread v. Belichck pulling down Lynn's pants again
« Reply #1435 on: December 13, 2020, 03:43:54 PM »
Sitting watching the Giants, and decided to just check on the Chiefs/Dolphins during a commercial.

I made it about 3:00 of game time before vomiting in my Ruffles and going back to the Giants game.  I can tell you what Nantz thinks of the Chiefs chances of repeating (as well as Reid's legacy) but I'd be repeating myself unnecessarily. 

Dolphins lookin' pretty good, nonetheless.  First time I've seen them.

Watched with a friend out in the garage, and we had D/T playing in the background.  And he's older than I am! 

I refuse to watch any game with the volume above '1' unless the wife is watching with me.  I'd like to, but.....I'd need an arsenal of rubber bricks to throw at the tube.
...going along with Dragon Attack's Queen thread has been like taking a free class in Queen knowledge. Where else are you gonna find info like that?!

Offline TheCountOfNYC

« Reply #1436 on: December 13, 2020, 06:56:00 PM »
The one plus side to my favorite team being terrible is that I can watch football throughout the league without caring what implications it has on my team (except for the Jaguars who I really need to win a game). For example, even though the Bills are in the Jets division, I’m rooting for them tonight because I think it would be awesome for the Browns to win the AFC North after all of these years of futility, and the Steelers need to lose tonight for that to be able to happen. Of course it’s always more fun when your team is a playoff contender, but they haven’t been for years, and at least this year I can enjoy NFL football instead of being heartbroken by Jets football.
People figured out that the white thing that comes out of cows' titties could be drunk, and the relation between sweet desires and women's bellies growing up for 9 months. It can't be THAT hard to figure out how a trumpet works.”

-MirrorMask

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1437 on: December 13, 2020, 07:44:00 PM »
The Bills' O-Line..

would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline TheCountOfNYC

« Reply #1438 on: December 13, 2020, 11:45:40 PM »
The Bills' O-Line..

They still got the W though. At the end of the day that's all that matters. The game was ugly tonight though that's for sure. It reminded me a little of the mid-00's Ravens/Steelers bouts: a sloppy defensive affair in the rain. The Bills are working their asses off right now to prove that they're not just a playoff contender because Brady left their division, while the Steelers are doing everything in their power to ruin their best start in franchise history.
People figured out that the white thing that comes out of cows' titties could be drunk, and the relation between sweet desires and women's bellies growing up for 9 months. It can't be THAT hard to figure out how a trumpet works.”

-MirrorMask

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1439 on: December 14, 2020, 05:01:40 AM »
Definitely impressed with Josh Allen. He was running for his life most of the game but was pretty unflappable.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #1440 on: December 14, 2020, 06:43:15 AM »
Hilarious skit on SNL this weekend; it was an ad for a sports show about the Jets, claiming them to be the greatest team of all time, but using Trump's election nonsense to make the case.  "We have affidavits from 5,000 Jets fans that PROVE they crushed the Dolphins this last weekend!"   Not a direct quote but stuff like that.  It was funny.

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #1441 on: December 14, 2020, 08:37:39 AM »
Definitely impressed with Josh Allen. He was running for his life most of the game but was pretty unflappable.
Dude's got one helluva arm. The TD pass he threw back across his body to the middle of the field had some real velocity to it. Mahomes gets them there, and he's pretty accurate pulling that, but Allen threw a really pretty pass back to midfield falling out of bounds.

Pittsburgh's got something going on. I wouldn't say that they're in disarray, but they're not right. I picked Buffalo last night, not because of the loss last week, but because they struggled against a really weak Ravens team the week before, and they're clearly having issues somewhere.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline pg1067

« Reply #1442 on: December 14, 2020, 10:14:14 AM »
Only tangentially NFL-related...

As the 10:00 games were ending yesterday, I checked my guide to see which network would be showing a 1:00 game.  I don't remember which it was, but the one that didn't have an afternoon game was airing something called "Major League Fishing"!

I didn't flip it on, but are you kidding me?!  That's got to be more boring than televised golf...or soccer.
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1443 on: December 14, 2020, 11:17:45 AM »
Man, the Giants were a huge disappointment yesterday.  I don't know why they didn't use the same gameplan against the seahawks which is run and let the defense do the work.  The offense was so bad it kept putting the D in terrible field position and they could only hold up for so long before getting tired.  The run game was working, why try to force passes when Daniel Jones looked like he never played an NFL game before.  I know the team isn't anything good, but after improving week after week, they took a major step back yesterday.  It was just difficult to watch.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1444 on: December 14, 2020, 11:32:35 AM »
I'm with you, Cram; I had a really good feeling about the intangibles of the Giants; good coaching, good gameplanning, good motivation, and that's very "Patriots".  Do all that you can before hand so that the games come down to execution.  And that's not really what happened yesterday.   They seemed flat, they seemed to be lacking in discipline, and they seemed to be out of sorts.  I could have accepted if they just flat out got beat by a better team in a good hardnosed game, but that's not really what happened.  The Cards haven't been playing well lately, I've already commented on Kingsbury as a coach; I thought that could have been a signature game for the Giants even if they didn't play lights out, and it was anything but.

Offline TheCountOfNYC

« Reply #1445 on: December 14, 2020, 01:28:07 PM »
The NFC East is interesting this year if for no other reason than it looks like none of the four teams want to win it. Washington is the only team that looks like it has some fight left in the tank, but that’s starting to fade as well. The fact that the Cowboys aren’t eliminated from playoff contention despite also being in position for the sixth overall pick is crazy. I thought the Giants were starting to get it together then they fell flat against Arizona. The Eagles might end up taking the division in the end, but no matter which one of the four teams secures the fourth seed, I have no faith in any of them to do much in the playoffs, especially if Tampa ends up getting the fifth seed.

-MirrorMask

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1446 on: December 14, 2020, 02:11:04 PM »
The NFC East is interesting this year if for no other reason than it looks like none of the four teams want to win it. Washington is the only team that looks like it has some fight left in the tank, but that’s starting to fade as well. The fact that the Cowboys aren’t eliminated from playoff contention despite also being in position for the sixth overall pick is crazy. I thought the Giants were starting to get it together then they fell flat against Arizona. The Eagles might end up taking the division in the end, but no matter which one of the four teams secures the fourth seed, I have no faith in any of them to do much in the playoffs, especially if Tampa ends up getting the fifth seed.

Yea, none of those teams will do damage in the playoffs, I just want my team to make it and have the opportunity.  It has happened before when the losing record team wins the first round game in the playoffs.  Although, I'm not sure how much home field advantage matters this year.

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1447 on: December 14, 2020, 02:19:14 PM »
Would love nothing more than for the week 17 game between Washington and Philly to be for the division. We shall see if it comes to fruition.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1448 on: December 14, 2020, 03:44:01 PM »
By all accounts, the Eagles looked like a totally different team yesterday, which tells me that Wentz has lost the locker room.  No clue if Hurts will be good or not, but it feels like Philly almost has to move on from Wentz in 2021.

Packers now control their destiny in trying to get the 1 seed.  Same for the Chiefs.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1449 on: December 14, 2020, 06:30:20 PM »
Strong opening drive.

I've mentioned this before, but you don't hear the MNF crew getting slagged this year. I think Steve Levy, Brian Griese, and Louis Reddick have been excellent in their roles. Levy shows excitement but doesn't try and oversell the game. Griese and Reddick definitely know what the hell they're talking about, but they don't try and show you how smart they are.

This is a good team.

And I respect Levy for going gray gracefully.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1450 on: December 14, 2020, 08:14:50 PM »
Yeah, this MNF crew is mostly fine. No complains here.

Ravens look like a sleeping giant.  Most considered them and the Chiefs the two top AFC contenders coming into the season, and if the Ravens sneak in as one of the last wild cards, they could wreak havoc.

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #1451 on: December 14, 2020, 09:28:32 PM »
Wow.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1452 on: December 14, 2020, 09:29:11 PM »
Explosive 4th Q for Lamar Jackson.

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #1453 on: December 14, 2020, 09:33:15 PM »
Balt was better off letting Cleveland score quickly.  I like Jackson's chances.
E.F. Benson

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1454 on: December 14, 2020, 09:34:31 PM »
Game of the season right here.  I have been skeptical of Mayfield, and he hadn't done a lot to carry the team for most of 2020, but he has been fantastic the last two games.

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #1455 on: December 14, 2020, 09:45:07 PM »
Even the final play was fun.  :tup
E.F. Benson

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1456 on: December 14, 2020, 09:58:46 PM »
Wildly entertaining game for sure.

Offline TheCountOfNYC

« Reply #1457 on: December 14, 2020, 10:03:15 PM »
Despite the loss, I feel comfortable calling Cleveland a top team in the AFC. They have a lot of fight in them, and if they make the playoffs (they still control their own postseason destiny) they could be a real challenge for whoever faces them.

-MirrorMask

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #1458 on: December 14, 2020, 10:08:36 PM »
Despite the loss, I feel comfortable calling Cleveland a top team in the AFC. They have a lot of fight in them, and if they make the playoffs (they still control their own postseason destiny) they could be a real challenge for whoever faces them.
If they were to meet again in the playoffs I'd bet on Cleveland whipping Baltimore's ass soundly. They're a more rounded team and they're playing with a lot of heart.

Also, F-Zero was awesome.
E.F. Benson

Offline TheCountOfNYC

« Reply #1459 on: December 15, 2020, 05:18:15 AM »
If they were to meet again in the playoffs I'd bet on Cleveland whipping Baltimore's ass soundly. They're a more rounded team and they're playing with a lot of heart.

Also, F-Zero was awesome.

It’s my all time favorite video game.

-MirrorMask

Offline black_biff_stadler

• 6th place finalist at New Orleans Skullet Fest 2010
  • DT.net Member
  • blackwater_floyd, get it?
« Reply #1460 on: December 15, 2020, 06:03:45 AM »
Did MNF do something involving F-Zero? I didn't watch the game.
Users who've sigged me (Join today!): LCArenas, Jakartabassplayer, LeeHarveyKennedy, Global Laziness, Portrucci, obscure, FlyingBIZKIT, alirocker08, senecadawg2, DebraKadabra, JayOctavarium, Cedar redaC, (almost) bout to crash, ? (the forum member, not the fucking punctuation mark), Zeltar, lonestar, ASacrificedSon

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1461 on: December 15, 2020, 07:32:32 AM »
I thought that was a great, great football game.  I was rooting for Cleveland, but I'm a fan of Jackson, so I had no problem with how it ended. 

I will say, that was a difference between great coaching (Stefanski) and world class coaching (Harbaugh).  The Browns played a fantastic game, but they had a couple...  I won't say "lapses", but that made the difference.  That last 2:00 minutes of the first half; if Mayfied - who I like and who played very well - could have been more judicial with the clock.   Baltimore should not have touched the football during that sequence, but they did.   It's the little things when you get to that level of football.

Offline TheCountOfNYC

« Reply #1462 on: December 15, 2020, 08:12:57 AM »
Did MNF do something involving F-Zero? I didn't watch the game.

He’s referencing my avatar.

-MirrorMask

Offline romdrums

« Reply #1463 on: December 15, 2020, 08:31:59 AM »
Cleveland needs to invest heavily in the D in the offseason, especially in a coach who can teach the fundamentals of tackling.  The Ravens final drive stalls and they go to OT if anyone in the back seven could make a good tackle.  Then again, considering the entire starting secondary was out, maybe they were gassed.  Plus, how do you not game plan for Lamar Jackson running?  Having a spy or scheming for containment would have been a good idea. 

That said, they looked good again on offense.  Baker balled out, as did Chubb and Hunt.  It looks like Baker is really starting to find his groove in the offense, and the Browns are showing they can score in bunches.  It's just so nice to see the Browns field a competitive, well-coached team.  AFC North is going to be fun to watch for the next while, that's for sure.
Though we live in trying times, we're the ones who have to try. -Neil Peart, 1952-2020.

There is a fundamental difference between filtered facts and firehosed opinions. -Stadler.

Offline Dublagent66

• Devouring consciousness...
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #1464 on: December 15, 2020, 09:08:08 AM »
Win or lose, both teams should be proud of that showing last night.  That's the way every game should be played.

:clap:
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Offline DragonAttack

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: 2020 NFL Thread v. Lamar drops a big one in Cleveland
« Reply #1465 on: December 15, 2020, 10:22:15 AM »
I’ve seen enough Browns blunders throughout the years against the Ravens (hell, against anyone) that, no matter how the game has gone, they’ll revert back to the ‘same old Browns’.  I watched almost all of their win against the Titans, the game last night, and this is a very good team on the rise.  Both teams were dealing with injuries and C19 (and lack of stamina from it).  Lamar said he felt tired of last week, after having slept most of ten days with the virus.  Thought McSorley was going to lead the Ravens to a winning FG, and then a legendary play was made.  Kudos to Mayfield and team for picking apart the Ravens depleted secondary and gassed DL.

Pittsburgh is dealing with the same issues now (no available OL on the bench at the end of the Bills game).  I was so proud of the effort the available Ravens put forth against the Steelers two weeks ago.  They are still on the outside looking in, and often ‘the’ most entertaining game of the year doesn’t translate very well for either team at the end.  That said, ‘what an exhausting frickin’ game!

(just rewatched the second half with the wife, who zonked out before halftime.  I got goosebumps on the 4th down TD and then Tucker’s FG.  I’m worn out again, and grateful I don’t gamble when it comes to point spreads...the line was 3 1/2!!!! )
...going along with Dragon Attack's Queen thread has been like taking a free class in Queen knowledge. Where else are you gonna find info like that?!

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1466 on: December 15, 2020, 10:56:14 AM »
https://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2020/12/15/22176011/lamar-jackson-ravens-browns-poop-cramps-paul-pierce

I swear I almost came on here last night to write the same thing.  That's the walk of a man whose bowels are about to unleash.   :)   

(And I'm not mocking; although I wanted the Browns to win, I'm a Lamar Jackson fan.)

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #1467 on: December 15, 2020, 11:09:34 AM »
When I saw "cramping" the first thing I thought was "muscles or stomach?" However, I think he was pretty clear that he'd been trying to get some salt in him, so it's certainly possible he ran back to get an IV.

Also, expect a tweet from Larry Izzo calling him a pussy.
E.F. Benson

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #1468 on: December 15, 2020, 11:15:47 AM »
You're telling me I should be following Izzo? :lol
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline TheCountOfNYC

« Reply #1469 on: December 15, 2020, 02:30:54 PM »
Win or lose, both teams should be proud of that showing last night.  That's the way every game should be played.

:clap:

Game of the year for sure.

-MirrorMask