Author Topic: 2020 NFL Thread v. Tom Brady aging better than Mila Kunis  (Read 118395 times)

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Re: 2020 NFL Thread v. Belichck pulling down Lynn's pants again
« Reply #1400 on: December 11, 2020, 10:14:07 AM »
How about mentally unprepared.  They had to win out to have a chance to make the playoff and they came out flat. Those one on one plays in the trenches.  The Pats D is allowing 124 yards per game.  The Rams were walking through big holes last night.  25 yards off the bat.

Their O and D lines both got manhandled last night. They're simply not as good as the Rams.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #1401 on: December 11, 2020, 10:25:24 AM »
How about mentally unprepared.  They had to win out to have a chance to make the playoff and they came out flat. Those one on one plays in the trenches.  The Pats D is allowing 124 yards per game.  The Rams were walking through big holes last night.  25 yards off the bat.

Their O and D lines both got manhandled last night. They're simply not as good as the Rams.

The O line is understood.  Their D is great.  Did you expect the Rams to run like they did last night?  I didn't. Rams ran for 186.  Pats average giving up 124. 
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1402 on: December 11, 2020, 10:37:01 AM »

The O line is understood.  Their D is great.  Did you expect the Rams to run like they did last night?  I didn't. Rams ran for 186.  Pats average giving up 124.

Which is what, 10th worst in the NFL, whereas the Rams have a Top 10 Rushing offense. It shouldn't have been a huge surprise that the Rams ran on them.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1403 on: December 11, 2020, 10:43:03 AM »
Rams average 4.2.  That's good.  Not mindblowing.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1404 on: December 11, 2020, 10:51:07 AM »
Rams average 4.2.  That's good.  Not mindblowing.

And NE gives up 4.4. Both are average, but Rams are at almost 129 ypg. That's above average.

Also, the 186 they gave up last night, well in TWO other games this year, they actually gave up more.

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #1405 on: December 11, 2020, 10:52:51 AM »
If I put a gun to your head and tell you to toss tails ten times in a row you're probably going to get shot. Necessity doesn't guarantee success. And 124 yds per game is a pretty bad rushing D. That necessarily means teams are walking through holes.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1406 on: December 11, 2020, 11:46:52 AM »
Listen, I'm not saying it's only the coaching staff.  Of course players are responsible but staffs do have bad games as well.

When the Pats beat LA in 2018 for ring 6.  It was the master outsmarted the young gun. So why can't we say the opposite?  It's ok to admit staffs have bad games and it affect the players.  Especially teams who need every ounce to get into the playoffs like the Pats did this year.   When you come out that flat when you have to win out, some blame has to go to the head coach.

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #1407 on: December 11, 2020, 12:04:27 PM »
Listen, I'm not saying it's only the coaching staff.  Of course players are responsible but staffs do have bad games as well.

When the Pats beat LA in 2018 for ring 6.  It was the master outsmarted the young gun. So why can't we say the opposite?  It's ok to admit staffs have bad games and it affect the players.  Especially teams who need every ounce to get into the playoffs like the Pats did this year.   When you come out that flat when you have to win out, some blame has to go to the head coach.
I think the problem is that, because he's the GOAT, everything seems to come down to Belichick, and that's not really how it works. Obviously he's the key component of this franchise, but that doesn't mean that every win and every loss is attributable to him.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1408 on: December 11, 2020, 12:10:49 PM »
And that's understandable but whenever a team plays that poorly early, you have to question the coaching staff.

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #1409 on: December 11, 2020, 12:27:13 PM »
I see where you are going, King, and certainly, if you count "well, he put Cam on the field", it's Bill's fault.  But he didn't throw that shitty pick-6, he didn't stand there behind the line of scrimmage like a deer in headlights on that fourth and whatever, and he CERTAINLY didn't jump off-sides to give the Rams first and goal at the 2.   

I've been saying for years that Cam is a one-trick pony, and he is.   You can only go so far with duct tape and baling wire, and Bill's done that.  That game could easily have been 45-3. 

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1410 on: December 11, 2020, 12:42:51 PM »
I'm not stating that it's the coaching staffs fault they loss, but the players were not ready to play.  Rams had revenge on their mind all week.  The are fighting for the division.  They came ready.  Our team did not so that is on the staff and the players but the staff get some of the blame pie. 

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1411 on: December 11, 2020, 03:16:20 PM »
I don't agree that the team was not ready to play.  They just don't have the talent the Rams do, and that was evident from the start.  Given the talent disparity and how well coached the Rams are, that game would have been 48-0 if the Patriots weren't ready to play.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1412 on: December 11, 2020, 03:28:37 PM »
That's why I said they corrected it but who puts the gameplan in for the 1st half?  Sure they adjusted but what they had ready to go wasn't as good as what LA's gameplan was so they were outcoached. 

Add outplayed lead to the big lead.

They can play well against KC but not LA?

You all want to blame the players but not the coaching staff.   I'm saying both.

I'm also saying just this game for the coaching staff.  How about the 4 plays that ran at the goalie?  How'd that go? The Rams knew it was an option play.  Cam had no chance on that 4th down.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1413 on: December 11, 2020, 03:37:34 PM »
Boy, you sure are piling on when Belichick (seemingly) has a bad game.  Where were you last Sunday when he put on a clinic against the Chargers?  Don't tell me, let me guess: trying on your new Tom Brady underoos, right? :P

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1414 on: December 11, 2020, 03:44:57 PM »
I always pine for Brady. I think you know I was not happy with him leaving. It's ok to say they had a bad gameplan with a team that cannot afford a poor gameplan.   The end result is the bad start and never getting back in a game.

How about Eluemunor all by his lonesome with Donald. No 2 guys blocking the best defensive linemen in the league?

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1415 on: December 11, 2020, 03:59:13 PM »
I am aware. ;)

I think BB the GM has failed BB the coach this year to some extent, opt-outs and COVID notwithstanding.  Their skill position players are dreadful, even worse than last year.  Brady could have stayed and they'd still be lucky to be better than 6-7 right now.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1416 on: December 11, 2020, 04:55:12 PM »
Oh definitely.   He's had some bad patches of drafting.  We are talking 4 year gaps but I can't complain.  19 years missing the playoffs twice. Who am I to complain. 

Well, at least for one game I can.  :lol

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1417 on: December 11, 2020, 06:17:34 PM »
I don't get this idea of the Rams out for revenge.  Winning last night doesn't get them a ring or change the result of the Super Bowl.  It was simply a win in a regular season game.  If they used it as motivation to get up for the game, more power to 'em, but that is not revenge. 

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1418 on: December 11, 2020, 06:45:11 PM »
I don't either but they talked about it after the game.

Offline CrimsonSunrise

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1419 on: December 12, 2020, 06:09:05 AM »
Yeah, Sean had some payback in the back of his mind.  After being taken to the woodshed by BB in the SB.  He stated it in his presser on Friday.  It wasn't the driving force, but it's impossible to forget '18.  I remember back after the Rams beat the Titans, when we saw them next you could tell they remembered... :lol
« Last Edit: December 12, 2020, 06:17:23 AM by CrimsonSunrise »

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1420 on: December 12, 2020, 07:44:41 AM »
Yeah, Sean had some payback in the back of his mind.  After being taken to the woodshed by BB in the SB.  He stated it in his presser on Friday.  It wasn't the driving force, but it's impossible to forget '18.  I remember back after the Rams beat the Titans, when we saw them next you could tell they remembered... :lol

This isn't McVay Hate, just a lot of Bill Love, but hell, if they want "revenge", fair enough.  I'll take my Super Bowl ring, and they can have the regular season win in what is at best termed a 'transition year'.  Sounds fair to me!   :) :) :) :)

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1421 on: December 12, 2020, 09:12:56 AM »
I am curious to see how the Chiefs attempt to repeat goes.  Their defense quietly got better as the season went on last year, which was huge in their run to winning it all, but this year their defense is quietly declining as the season progresses.  As great as that offense is, you need to be able to make stops on defense. 

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1422 on: December 12, 2020, 10:09:45 AM »
How long does Andy Reid coach as well? 

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1423 on: December 12, 2020, 02:52:40 PM »
How long does Andy Reid coach as well?

I mean this in the nicest way possible, but I can't see him stepping away any time soon unless his health becomes an issue.  When you are an offensive guru like Reid and your QB is now Patrick Mahomes, you want to ride that train as long as you can.  Reid is now not only coaching for titles, but for legacy.  He is now 6th all-time in wins (and has a better W/L percentage all-time than Hall of Famers like Landry, Noll, Cowher and Bill Walsh), and if he can add another Super Bowl win or two, his status as an all-time great coach will be pretty darn high.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1424 on: December 12, 2020, 04:56:26 PM »
That was my thought as well. I don't even know how old he is.

Offline DragonAttack

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1425 on: December 12, 2020, 05:33:29 PM »
I'm just wondering when the 'Belichck pulling down Lynn's pants again' thread title is going to change after last Monday's woop ass :D
« Last Edit: December 13, 2020, 12:50:53 AM by DragonAttack »
...going along with Dragon Attack's Queen thread has been like taking a free class in Queen knowledge. Where else are you gonna find info like that?!

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1426 on: December 12, 2020, 06:01:57 PM »
Return of the Rams? :lol

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1427 on: December 12, 2020, 08:29:41 PM »
I'll update it after tomorrow's games, most likely.

Online hunnus2000

« Reply #1428 on: December 13, 2020, 10:56:50 AM »
Sitting here about to watch my Cowboys wondering why the fuck I put myself through this shit!  :tdwn

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1429 on: December 13, 2020, 12:08:36 PM »
Sitting watching the Giants, and decided to just check on the Chiefs/Dolphins during a commercial.

I made it about 3:00 of game time before vomiting in my Ruffles and going back to the Giants game.  I can tell you what Nantz thinks of the Chiefs chances of repeating (as well as Reid's legacy) but I'd be repeating myself unnecessarily. 

Dolphins lookin' pretty good, nonetheless.  First time I've seen them.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1430 on: December 13, 2020, 12:53:14 PM »
Jeez, this is why the Chiefs are so scary. The Dolphins picked off Mahomes twice in the 1st quarter and dominated the early going, yet just like that it is now 28-10 KC.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1431 on: December 13, 2020, 01:35:29 PM »
Can't make mistakes and can't take the foot off the pedal when playing KC.

Online hunnus2000

« Reply #1432 on: December 13, 2020, 02:19:40 PM »
Well - the Cowboys won in an epic show down!  :tdwn

Offline splent

• Moderator Emeritus
  • DTF's resident music educator/conductor
« Reply #1433 on: December 13, 2020, 02:56:28 PM »
Jeez, this is why the Chiefs are so scary. The Dolphins picked off Mahomes twice in the 1st quarter and dominated the early going, yet just like that it is now 28-10 KC.

They are scary. But I’m predicting a Packer win over the Chiefs in the super bowl. Everyone’s talking about Mahomes but this game shows he’s not unstoppable.
I don’t know what to put here anymore

Offline TheCountOfNYC

« Reply #1434 on: December 13, 2020, 03:32:01 PM »

They are scary. But I’m predicting a Packer win over the Chiefs in the super bowl. Everyone’s talking about Mahomes but this game shows he’s not unstoppable.

I was just saying that while the Chiefs might be unstoppable as far as the AFC playoff field is concerned, the Packers and Saints with Drew Brees could beat them. A lot of people thought I was crazy, but one thing that Mahomes has struggled with is the one thing he can’t control: an elite QB on the other side of the field. Like all QBs, even the best ones, he will have pedestrian games, but that doesn’t matter if the opposing offense isn’t very good. Aaron Rodgers and Drew Brees however are among the greatest of all time, and Mahomes can’t afford to be anything other than great against them.
People figured out that the white thing that comes out of cows' titties could be drunk, and the relation between sweet desires and women's bellies growing up for 9 months. It can't be THAT hard to figure out how a trumpet works.”

-MirrorMask