Author Topic: 2020 NFL Thread v. Tom Brady aging better than Mila Kunis  (Read 114207 times)

Offline splent

• Moderator Emeritus
  • DTF's resident music educator/conductor
Re: 2020 NFL Thread v. Let Russ Cook
« Reply #1575 on: December 30, 2020, 09:28:09 AM »
Power Rankings 12-29-2020
1. Kansas City Chiefs - kinda the number 1 by default since they are 14-1 and the defending champs, but they look vulnerable.
2. Green Bay Packers - winning a game in the snow against a physical team could be a turning point for a team many thought of as a bit soft.
3. Buffalo Bills - look like a team on a mission, but I worry how their offense will do if snow or cold weather make it hard to pass the ball in January.
4. New Orleans Saints - they look like the best team from top to bottom, but Drew Brees is old and still recovering from that rib injury.
5. Seattle Seahawks - defense has quietly rounded into form.
6. Baltimore Ravens - the sleeping giant is poised to make a deep playoff run.
7. Pittsburgh Steelers - finally got it together a little bit in the second half vs Indy, but they don't look like a real threat.
8. Tampa Bay Bucs - continue to feast on patsies, but their poor record against good teams makes me think they will be a one playoff win (vs NFC East winner) and done team.
9. Miami Dolphins - Flores looks like a major winner as a coach.  He inherited the "my team will beat yours situationally" gene from Belichick.
10. Tennessee Titans - this team is so up and down, but their best is pretty damn good.

MVP Candidates
1. Aaron Rodgers
2. Patrick Mahomes
3. Josh Allen
4. Russell Wilson
5. Derrick Henry

I agree with this, no matter what Dream Team says about Rodgers. I’m guessing he’s Skip Bayless.
I don’t know what to put here anymore

Offline Skeever

Re: 2020 NFL Thread v. Steelers are what we thought they were
« Reply #1576 on: December 30, 2020, 12:07:26 PM »
Forget about mere playoff seeding, what about just getting rid of divisions entirely? There are only 16 weeks, so it seems kind of ludicrious that half of those weeks are spend playing the same teams. And as a fan of an AFC East team, having been up against the Brady/Bellicheck buzzsaw for 19 years sure was fun. Not that the Jets would have been very good regardless, but maybe law of averages would have determined that I got to watch meaningful football beyond week 8 most years, and even a weak playoff run every 4 years or so would been much better than the current (nearly) 10 year draught.

It's a matter of taste.   I grew up a Giants fan, and while we got our asses kicked and kicked hard year in year out by the Tom Landry Cowboys and the George Allen Redskins, it was exciting.   I knew them, I could get into that rivalry.   When, say, Denver or San Diego came to town it was like "wut?"

For a division like The AFC Central, where all four teams hate each other, it's still exciting.  Hell, I don't even like any of those teams, but I'll tune in to a Steelers/Browns game.   

I hate to burst your bubble, but the Jets would have been shitty in the NFC East as well.   Good teams rise to the occasion.

I never said they'd be good so I don't know what bubble you think your bursting. I said I'd at least have been watching meaningful football, which is absolutely true (though not this year lol). Any team not in the same division as the BB/TB Pats would say the same. No one has thought for even a second that any other team would win the division for over 15 years. Thank God it's over.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #1577 on: December 30, 2020, 12:17:16 PM »
BTW, how bad did Dwayne Haskins screw the pooch?  Jesus, man.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline hunnus2000

« Reply #1578 on: December 30, 2020, 12:23:20 PM »
BTW, how bad did Dwayne Haskins screw the pooch?  Jesus, man.

Yeah, it's bad enough when a team drafts questionable talent. It's really bad when your new head coach doesn't like you. But your doomed when you're just an idiot. Idiot, idiot, idiot!!!

Hopefully he can get it together. I hear Carolina is interested.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #1579 on: December 30, 2020, 01:59:13 PM »
I hear Carolina is interested.
God, I hope not.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline Skeever

« Reply #1580 on: December 30, 2020, 02:36:16 PM »
Worst first round QB pick since Manziel, maybe?

Rosen was bad too, but at least he seemed like a decent enough guy, and a hard enough worker with a good enough personality that a few other teams were willing to roll the dice on him...

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #1581 on: December 30, 2020, 03:30:00 PM »
https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2832691-ranking-each-quarterback-selected-in-1st-round-of-nfl-draft-in-the-last-decade

This is a fun article.  I don't agree with all of it, but it's interesting to talk about.  A LOT more busts than binges, though, by a long shot. 

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1582 on: December 30, 2020, 03:33:48 PM »
https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2832691-ranking-each-quarterback-selected-in-1st-round-of-nfl-draft-in-the-last-decade

This is a fun article.  I don't agree with all of it, but it's interesting to talk about.  A LOT more busts than binges, though, by a long shot.

Eh, it's from nearly two years ago, which explains why Lamar Jackson is still behind Blake Bortles. :P :lol

Offline hunnus2000

« Reply #1583 on: December 30, 2020, 03:35:48 PM »
Worst first round QB pick since Manziel, maybe?

Rosen was bad too, but at least he seemed like a decent enough guy, and a hard enough worker with a good enough personality that a few other teams were willing to roll the dice on him...

And that's what I mean, if you got a guy with little talent but works hard and does the right things on and off the field you can have more patience with them - Carson Wentz comes to mind.

Now take Zeke Elliott - the guy has been a knucklehead here in Dallas despite his early success. The majority of fans did not want him signed to a new contract but alas, he gets signed and then what happens? He gets the covids and Dallas fans were rolling their eyes saying 'of course, if anyone was going to get it, it was going to Zeke so it doesn't help that he has sucked most of this season.

I have no patience for buffoonery like this.  :angry:

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1584 on: December 30, 2020, 03:48:32 PM »
And fans all over the country are weeping over the plight of the poor Dallas Cowboys fans. :P

Offline hunnus2000

« Reply #1585 on: December 30, 2020, 03:55:09 PM »
And fans all over the country are weeping over the plight of the poor Dallas Cowboys fans. :P

>:( >:( >:( >:( >:( :censored :censored :censored :censored :censored

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1586 on: December 30, 2020, 04:16:03 PM »

Eh, it's from nearly two years ago, which explains why Lamar Jackson is still behind Blake Bortles. :P :lol

Fair enough, but there are more "Blake Bortles"'s on that list than "Lamar Jackson"'s even if you update the numbers.

Offline Skeever

« Reply #1587 on: December 30, 2020, 08:18:27 PM »

Still a good read, though. I can't believe how many of those guys are already out of the league. I'm getting old  :mehlin

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #1588 on: December 31, 2020, 02:59:20 PM »

Oh what a difference a year makes. What tripped me out is thinking of guys like Matt Stafford and Sam Bradford as "this decade." Seems like a very long time since they were youngsters.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1589 on: December 31, 2020, 03:47:55 PM »
Stafford has quietly put up some really good numbers with not a lot (in terms of wins) to show for it. 

Offline splent

• Moderator Emeritus
  • DTF's resident music educator/conductor
« Reply #1590 on: December 31, 2020, 03:56:49 PM »

I’m more happy with Skip Bayless throwing a tantrum that Aaron Rodgers is still good.
I don’t know what to put here anymore

Offline T-ski

« Reply #1591 on: December 31, 2020, 06:13:16 PM »
Packers just lost their All Pro left tackle with an ACL injury.  Not too good.
Is all that we see or seem, but a dream within a dream?

Offline black_biff_stadler

• 6th place finalist at New Orleans Skullet Fest 2010
  • DT.net Member
  • blackwater_floyd, get it?
« Reply #1592 on: January 01, 2021, 03:15:15 AM »
Not sure if this is true or not but it wouldn't surprise me in the least and it's staggering if so.

lol fuck. Forgot how to post pics here cuz every other site lets you drag and drop now.
Users who've sigged me (Join today!): LCArenas, Jakartabassplayer, LeeHarveyKennedy, Global Laziness, Portrucci, obscure, FlyingBIZKIT, alirocker08, senecadawg2, DebraKadabra, JayOctavarium, Cedar redaC, (almost) bout to crash, ? (the forum member, not the fucking punctuation mark), Zeltar, lonestar, ASacrificedSon

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1593 on: January 01, 2021, 09:32:13 AM »

I’m more happy with Skip Bayless throwing a tantrum that Aaron Rodgers is still good.

Oh jeez, I can only imagine, but I did get a kick out of Jimmy Johnson exposing him on Twitter last month as a liar.  We all knew that Bayless was a narcissist and an attention seeker, but now we know he is a shameless liar as well.

Offline hunnus2000

« Reply #1594 on: January 01, 2021, 12:02:22 PM »

Oh jeez, I can only imagine, but I did get a kick out of Jimmy Johnson exposing him on Twitter last month as a liar.  We all knew that Bayless was a narcissist and an attention seeker, but now we know he is a shameless liar as well.

And what Jimmy Johnson lie would that be?

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1595 on: January 01, 2021, 12:14:33 PM »
I guess Bayless was talking about the famous Hershel Walker trade and said that Jimmy Johnson had told him several days before the trade happened that talks were in progress about the possible trade.  That was back when Bayless covered the Cowboys down in Dallas, and he was trying to make it sound like he had such great connections that the coach of the Cowboys would confide in him. 

A day or later, Jimmy Johnson tweeted the clip with the heading, "This never happen." 

In other words, Bayless lied, unless we really want to think that Skip freaking Bayless' words are more credible that Jimmy Johnson's.  Johnson is a legendary HOF coach, and Bayless is a brown spot on the dirty carpet that is today's sports media.  No doubt in my mind who is more believable. 

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #1596 on: January 01, 2021, 12:58:56 PM »
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1597 on: January 01, 2021, 01:12:37 PM »
They forgot "Send tweet in a font that is barely readable, and which civilized men haven't used for centuries."

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1598 on: January 01, 2021, 01:14:32 PM »
They forgot "Send tweet in a font that is barely readable, and which civilized men haven't used for centuries."

It's like hieroglyphics. I get seizures reading them.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1599 on: January 01, 2021, 03:40:51 PM »

It's like hieroglyphics. I get seizures reading them.

Yeah, it's like reading a lot of your posts!
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1600 on: January 01, 2021, 03:52:29 PM »
How would you know. You don't do social media?  Your example is flawed like your 1975 Ford LTD you still drive. 

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1601 on: January 01, 2021, 03:55:44 PM »
What's social media?
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline hunnus2000

« Reply #1602 on: January 02, 2021, 10:35:01 AM »
I guess Bayless was talking about the famous Hershel Walker trade and said that Jimmy Johnson had told him several days before the trade happened that talks were in progress about the possible trade.  That was back when Bayless covered the Cowboys down in Dallas, and he was trying to make it sound like he had such great connections that the coach of the Cowboys would confide in him. 

A day or later, Jimmy Johnson tweeted the clip with the heading, "This never happen." 

In other words, Bayless lied, unless we really want to think that Skip freaking Bayless' words are more credible that Jimmy Johnson's.  Johnson is a legendary HOF coach, and Bayless is a brown spot on the dirty carpet that is today's sports media.  No doubt in my mind who is more believable.

Skip fucking Bayless  - He used to write a sports column for the Dallas Times Herald and I always looked forward to reading it as he was quite a talented writer. Then he had a sports radio talk show on 96.7/1310am The Ticket. I liked to read his stuff but as a sports personality, you could tell he was a douchebag.

I'm a little surprised he went there about JJ because he covered the Cowboys for many years but I guess that's what douchebags do.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1603 on: January 02, 2021, 10:48:49 AM »
I’m confused. Has Skip copped to lying about this?
Is Jimmy’s denial serve as truth that it didn’t happen.

Offline hunnus2000

« Reply #1604 on: January 02, 2021, 11:43:53 AM »
I’m confused. Has Skip copped to lying about this?
Is Jimmy’s denial serve as truth that it didn’t happen.

Haven't you learned anything over the last 4 years? Liars never admit to lying!  :lol

But seriously, Skip has always been known to exaggerate the truth at least when I was following him while he was in Dallas.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1605 on: January 02, 2021, 02:08:11 PM »
Based on some quick internet searches, it looks like Bayless never replied or responded to Jimmy Johnson's tweet (which was "Never Said This!" instead of "This never happen"...I slightly misquoted it prior), so there is our answer.  Bayless is a narcissist who digs his heels in when he thinks he is right, which is 99.9999% of the time, so I am sure he knows he was busted in this lie and figures it is better to ignore it than address it.  Remember that Bayless is also the guy who earlier this season who said he didn't care about Dak Prescott's depression (which Dak admitted to in the wake of his brother's suicide) and all but said NFL QB's need to be tougher than that, basically mocking those with mental illnesses.  He is a piece of shit of the highest order.

The bummer is that Shannon Sharpe has been one of my favorite Broncos since the 90's, and it is so disappointing to see that he continues to do a live TV show with a guy who is such a shameless lair and charlatan.

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #1606 on: January 02, 2021, 02:29:23 PM »
Skip plays the heel, and it's worked very well for him over the years. It's the perfect role for him. This has been his shtick for ages. One of his bits down here back in the day was "just asking the question" is it time to fire Tom Landry. You want to be a heel down here? That's how you do it. I despise sports radio, so I've never heard it, but I imagine Shannon Sharpe plays a face, and that probably works alright.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline Dream Team

« Reply #1607 on: January 02, 2021, 03:17:53 PM »
So the entire Saints RB group is out due to Covid. Can almost guarantee this will happen to Packers’ or Seahawks’ QB group the week before they play the Bucs.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1608 on: January 03, 2021, 07:57:42 AM »
Since Kamara is not eligible to play until next Sunday now, get ready for the crying if the NFL schedules the Saints playoff game for next Saturday.  I can already hear the collective sobbing coming from down south. :lol

Will be cool to get six playoff games for once in the first weekend of playoff games next week.  I have to think that TB vs the NFC East winner will be one of the night games, as they will want Tom Brady on in prime time.  If it ends up being the Bucs vs the Cowboys, it is a virtual lock. 

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #1609 on: January 03, 2021, 10:55:55 AM »
Since Kamara is not eligible to play until next Sunday now, get ready for the crying if the NFL schedules the Saints playoff game for next Saturday.  I can already hear the collective sobbing coming from down south. :lol
Christ, I don't even care about the Saints and I'd probably shed a tear for them if that happened.  :lol  Talk about a string of misfortune and bullshit.

If I were one of the people who thought the NFL was the WWE, secretly fixing games to provide the highest ratings, I'd say they cut NOLA some slack. I think Brees desperately wants to win a ring so he can retire on top, and that's a story the NFL would kill for. I'm not one of those, though, and I think the schedule falls as it may. Maybe they catch a break and maybe they don't. 
E.F. Benson