Author Topic: 2020 NFL Thread v. Tom Brady aging better than Mila Kunis  (Read 118342 times)

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Re: 2020 NFL Thread v. Chiefs give future GOAT big bucks
« Reply #945 on: October 25, 2020, 03:40:41 PM »
Damn, the Pats suck! :lol

WTF has happened to Gilmore? He seems like he doesn't even want to be there.

I'd start Stidham in the 2nd half. Newton has been shit.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #946 on: October 25, 2020, 03:40:54 PM »
Cam was a league MVP MY ASS!
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #947 on: October 25, 2020, 03:41:57 PM »

Gilmore was the Defensive POTY MY ASS!

Two asses! :lol
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline emtee

« Reply #948 on: October 25, 2020, 03:51:34 PM »
Some crazy exciting finishes today.

In the Pats vs. Brady and Gronk experiment, I would have bet a months wages that Belichek and the time-tested, proven system would come out on top. So far I'm wrong. Gotta say, I'm very surprised at how much the Pats dropped off.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #949 on: October 25, 2020, 04:15:41 PM »
Gilmore literally just bailed on a guy running in for a TD.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #950 on: October 25, 2020, 04:44:06 PM »
Stidham looks good so far playing against a D who is playing soft right now.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Online ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #951 on: October 25, 2020, 04:58:04 PM »
I just tuned into the pats game and Jesus christ what a massacre. I'm sure Cam is currently shopping for clothes on the surface.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #952 on: October 25, 2020, 05:05:23 PM »
I hope they are traveling suits.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #953 on: October 25, 2020, 05:13:38 PM »
 :lol

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #954 on: October 25, 2020, 05:56:38 PM »

The secondary has still been pretty good under the circumstances (and didn't Gilmour had pick+nice return today?). When your front six or seven can neither stop the run nor rush the passer you're going to give up yards in the air regardless of who's playing. A Deion, Revis, Lott, and Polamaulu unit would have looked bad today.

NE could have been competitive with a weak defensive front by itself. Once their O-line got wiped out that ended. They can't run. They can't protect Cam, who suddenly seems to have zero pocket presence. So they can't keep their D off the field and they can't put up points to control the game. They're pretty much fucked across the board.

In the Pats vs. Brady and Gronk experiment, I would have bet a months wages that Belichek and the time-tested, proven system would come out on top. So far I'm wrong. Gotta say, I'm very surprised at how much the Pats dropped off.
I'm not ready to read a lot into that--just yet. Brady moved to an all-star team. He's got no excuse for not putting up allstar numbers. Conversely, NE has really taken a beating from the personnel standpoint. Decimated by defections, opt-outs, and injuries. I don't think we're seeing a fair comparison. And, I really don't know as the Patriots would be any better if 12 were still there. Also, TB has dropped two games, and will drop more, because of stupid mistakes and indiscipline that never popped up in NE. Tampa will not be a super bowl team, despite Brady's numbers, and a great deal of that is a lack of Bill Belichick.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #955 on: October 25, 2020, 06:10:58 PM »

The secondary has still been pretty good under the circumstances (and didn't Gilmour had pick+nice return today?). When your front six or seven can neither stop the run nor rush the passer you're going to give up yards in the air regardless of who's playing. A Deion, Revis, Lott, and Polamaulu unit would have looked bad today.

I missed the Gilmour pick. But I did see him with ZERO effort on two rushing TDs. He has sleepwalked through this season. To me he quit today.

The D backs have some good young players in that group. Too bad they're watching Gilmour dog it through this season.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2020, 06:19:07 PM by TAC »

Offline DragonAttack

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #956 on: October 25, 2020, 07:35:28 PM »
When did Sly Stone become QB for the Patriots? :D
...going along with Dragon Attack's Queen thread has been like taking a free class in Queen knowledge. Where else are you gonna find info like that?!

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #957 on: October 25, 2020, 08:36:05 PM »
Yeah, he definitely didn't trip, but what Aikman said was funny, "the turf monster got him."  :lol

That's even more funnier coming from Troy Aikman.

Makes me think of the Futurama joke with Buzz Aldrin...

"I haven't had an introduction like that since I met the moon men."
(Everyone Laughs)
"But seriously, there are moon men."

"But seriously, there is a Turf Monster."

I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #958 on: October 25, 2020, 09:50:59 PM »

I missed the Gilmour pick. But I did see him with ZERO effort on two rushing TDs. He has sleepwalked through this season. To me he quit today.

The D backs have some good young players in that group. Too bad they're watching Gilmour dog it through this season.

I really haven't seen that at all. However, by all accounts they're definitely shopping him.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline King Puppies and the Acid Guppies

• I find your lack of filtered water disturbing
  • DTF.org Member
  • Together we can rule the ocean as father and son
« Reply #959 on: October 25, 2020, 10:13:11 PM »
About time someone beat the Seahawks.  :metal
aka Puppies_On_Acid
Hey Stadler, your PM inbox is full.
Derek Sherinian probably stands 10 feet away from the urinal, shoots from downtown, and announces loudly that he's making history.
Quote from: TAC, definitely not King
Thes sng is are sounds rally nece an I lyke tha sungar

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #960 on: October 26, 2020, 07:03:05 AM »
Damn, the Pats suck! :lol

WTF has happened to Gilmore? He seems like he doesn't even want to be there.

I'd start Stidham in the 2nd half. Newton has been shit.

I didn't see that coming. 

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #961 on: October 26, 2020, 07:06:25 AM »
I'm not ready to read a lot into that--just yet. Brady moved to an all-star team. He's got no excuse for not putting up allstar numbers. Conversely, NE has really taken a beating from the personnel standpoint. Decimated by defections, opt-outs, and injuries. I don't think we're seeing a fair comparison. And, I really don't know as the Patriots would be any better if 12 were still there. Also, TB has dropped two games, and will drop more, because of stupid mistakes and indiscipline that never popped up in NE. Tampa will not be a super bowl team, despite Brady's numbers, and a great deal of that is a lack of Bill Belichick.

I didn't see every snap of the game yesterday, but I was thinking about this last night and I think this is SPOT ON.  I think this is perfect analysis. 

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #962 on: October 26, 2020, 07:27:26 AM »
Brady made Tampa an all star team.

Just like Brady made last year's Pats team seem like a playoff team.

Offline Dublagent66

• Devouring consciousness...
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #963 on: October 26, 2020, 08:14:47 AM »

Yeah, it was actually the Seahawks.
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Offline Ben_Jamin

« Reply #964 on: October 26, 2020, 09:42:43 AM »

Yup....I was really concerned about this one. And rightly so, It went into Overtime, and that says a lot. Especially this wack ass (comical) season.

To me, this season, is on the verge of Ridiculousness. It's hilarious and I don't know how serious the players are taking it either, they're there because they need to make money. Can't be sponsored if you don't play...
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man

Offline Ben_Jamin

« Reply #965 on: October 26, 2020, 09:46:35 AM »

Brady seems like the type of guy who will work with anybody. Meaning, he'll put his Ego away and work to make the TEAM, better. Gronk understood, and they are now a pair that plays together, as they both get it.

Newton on the other hand, seems like the type of guy to do his own thing. Like Antonio Bell...

Offline hunnus2000

« Reply #966 on: October 26, 2020, 12:14:45 PM »

Yup....I was really concerned about this one. And rightly so, It went into Overtime, and that says a lot. Especially this wack ass (comical) season.

To me, this season, is on the verge of Ridiculousness. It's hilarious and I don't know how serious the players are taking it either, they're there because they need to make money. Can't be sponsored if you don't play...

On the verge? Not if you're a Cowboys fan. We're 100% there on the planet Ridiculous!  >:(

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #967 on: October 26, 2020, 12:24:47 PM »

Brady seems like the type of guy who will work with anybody. Meaning, he'll put his Ego away and work to make the TEAM, better. Gronk understood, and they are now a pair that plays together, as they both get it.

Newton on the other hand, seems like the type of guy to do his own thing. Like Antonio Bell...
Jimmy Garropolo would probably think differently of that assessment.
E.F. Benson

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #968 on: October 26, 2020, 12:45:01 PM »
I loved Michael Strahan's view of the Cowboys on Sunday:   "I'm done with the Kool-aid; they are who their record says they are."

Offline dparrott

« Reply #969 on: October 26, 2020, 12:48:42 PM »

Yeah, it was actually the Seahawks.

:facepalm: Yeesh what a disaster. 

Glad Herbert (Chargers) got his first win.

Tonight's game should be good.
"I don't know nuttin about nuttin" - Marshawn Lynch

The very soul of what was once real music is now lost in a digital quagmire of emotionless sonic madness.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #970 on: October 26, 2020, 01:19:26 PM »

All accounts was that he dud help him in his growth but when push comes to shove over your own job and you have the ear of the owner...

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #971 on: October 26, 2020, 01:58:53 PM »

All accounts was that he dud help him in his growth but when push comes to shove over your own job and you have the ear of the owner...
In retrospect it was kind of a dick move, though. Brady had to have known this was coming. Clearly he didn't even want to finish his career under Bill. If he were going to be around 5+ more years then that's one thing, but running your own replacement out of town and then bailing 2 seasons later really wasn't cool.
E.F. Benson

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #972 on: October 26, 2020, 02:09:51 PM »
Like a girl who loves you but knows she's looking at other guys. It's inevitable. 

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #973 on: October 26, 2020, 02:12:32 PM »

In retrospect it was kind of a dick move, though. Brady had to have known this was coming. Clearly he didn't even want to finish his career under Bill. If he were going to be around 5+ more years then that's one thing, but running your own replacement out of town and then bailing 2 seasons later really wasn't cool.

He actually asked out 6 months later after the Eagles SB.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #974 on: October 26, 2020, 02:16:15 PM »
And Kraft talked him out of it.  BB wouldn't give him a 2 year deal. 

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #975 on: October 26, 2020, 02:16:24 PM »
Like a girl who loves you but knows she's looking at other guys. It's inevitable.

That sounds oddly specific... :) :) :)

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #976 on: October 26, 2020, 02:37:24 PM »

Oh yeah. Lol

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #977 on: October 26, 2020, 02:49:39 PM »
Joe, I was intending to have this talk with you privately, but...well...since you brought it up here in the thread, I guess this is as good a place as any.  I've just been feeling...restless lately.  Sometimes your mind just starts to wander, you know?  And at first, it seems perfectly innocent.  But as time goes on, you start to realize that...maybe there's something else out there for me.  Something...I dunno.  Look, it's not you--it's me.  And I just...I just want to make sure that we can still be friends at the end of all this.  No matter what, I'll always love you like a brother.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #978 on: October 26, 2020, 03:27:39 PM »
I've been so spoiled it's hard to be depressed.   It's more anger that egos, especially 2 egos broke up the best run ever.

That being said, how can I complain?  We have been spoiled jn N.E. with all 4 major sports. 

Still, seeing Brady play well makes me mad, not at him but at the organization. 

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #979 on: October 26, 2020, 03:36:35 PM »
I hear you.  Those types of situations never seem to make sense at the time.  It reminds me of a situation that took place years ago.  I'll change the names to protect the identities of those involved so that no one will know who I am talking about.  So let's say hypothetically that you have the makings of a dynasty and a quarterback that has led your team to...I dunno...let's say four Superbowls.  We'll call him...John Idaho.  And then the team just up and trades him into a different conference to a team you don't even care about.  I can tell you from experience that it's pretty gut wrenching.  That is, until you realize that the former backup--we'll call him Stefan Youth--is a pretty good starting QB in his own right and can carry the torch forward.  I'm just saying that these things can work themselves out.  Hypothetically speaking, of course.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."