Author Topic: 2020 NFL Thread v. Tom Brady aging better than Mila Kunis  (Read 118377 times)

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
Re: 2020 NFL Thread v. Chiefs give future GOAT big bucks
« Reply #840 on: October 11, 2020, 04:53:35 PM »
Is there ever a week when the Cowboys game isn't nationally televised? Geez. Over the years the Cowboys have been featured way more than other teams.
Probably not much longer. I didn't see it, but it sounds like Dak broke his ankle. They may have the best best backup in the league in Andy Dalton, but Dak was the only one keeping them alive.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #841 on: October 11, 2020, 05:52:38 PM »
A lot of people expected Dalton to be a Patriot this year.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #842 on: October 11, 2020, 06:47:02 PM »
Don't seek out pics of Dak's injury. I was watching the game and his foot was pointed in a direction that it really should not be. He's having surgery today because it was so bad. Reminded me of my car accident. I was on a stretcher and my leg was straight but my foot was pointing 90 degrees to the right. Don't think Dak was as bad as mine and I needed total reconstruction surgery. Still, my ankle kills me to this day. Hurts like a mother right now.

Dalton threw two ridiculous balls in a row to get them a chip shot for the win.
beul ni teh efac = Lube In The Face / That has to be wrong.  :lol / EDIT: Oh, it's Blue! I'm an idiot.
Pardon the interruption, but I just had to run in and celebrate the majesty of Lube in the Face as highest moment in roulette history

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #843 on: October 11, 2020, 06:57:58 PM »
I'm just glad I wasn't watching the game at the moment to actually see it as that stuff really eeks me out. While my team lost and I expected them to, other than the injury, that was one hell of an entertaining game.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #844 on: October 11, 2020, 07:03:54 PM »

Who?  The 10 morons who live in their parents basement who call into WEEI?

I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #845 on: October 11, 2020, 07:07:15 PM »

Who?  The 10 morons who live in their parents basement who call into WEEI?

Had Newton not been available, Dalton would've been a Pat. I thought Schefter reported they were interested.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #846 on: October 11, 2020, 07:34:31 PM »
So you believe Rumours by agents of Andy Dalton?

If they really did, he would have been signed before Dallas did as w backup. 
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #847 on: October 11, 2020, 07:40:24 PM »

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #848 on: October 11, 2020, 07:47:16 PM »
Exactly you gullible child.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #849 on: October 11, 2020, 07:54:57 PM »
 :lol

Offline Dream Team

« Reply #850 on: October 11, 2020, 09:43:30 PM »
Wilson magic strikes again! LOL Vikings.

Offline dparrott

« Reply #851 on: October 12, 2020, 12:20:31 AM »
Yet another ass clenching Seahawks win. 

HOW BOUT THEM RRRRRRAIDERS?? Droppin 40 on Mahomes!!!

"I don't know nuttin about nuttin" - Marshawn Lynch

The very soul of what was once real music is now lost in a digital quagmire of emotionless sonic madness.

Offline emtee

« Reply #852 on: October 12, 2020, 01:39:05 AM »
Gruesome injury! I feel terrible for him.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #853 on: October 12, 2020, 08:18:34 AM »
That was really too bad about Prescott.

The Panthers continue to look better than expected.  The new coach's draft strategy, which I didn't agree with at the time (he used all 7 picks on defensive players), has resulted in a lot of young, very fast players on D.  That, combined with Teddy Bridgewater's excellent play, and the emergence of Robby Anderson at WR and Mike Davis at RB, has made for a really interesting start.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #854 on: October 12, 2020, 09:13:25 AM »
Everyone is talking about Alex Smith's return, which is great, but I am also super impressed and inspired by Teddy. I remember the reports coming out of the Vikings camp after his injury. Beyond gruesome. To see him competing at the level he is, it's pretty amazing and I could not be happier for him.
beul ni teh efac = Lube In The Face / That has to be wrong.  :lol / EDIT: Oh, it's Blue! I'm an idiot.
Pardon the interruption, but I just had to run in and celebrate the majesty of Lube in the Face as highest moment in roulette history

Online hunnus2000

« Reply #855 on: October 12, 2020, 09:24:49 AM »
Totally fcking gruesome and I'm not just talking about Prescott, I'm also talking about the Cowboys "D" or lack thereof! Dak has had one hell of year and I am not just talking about football either but he will get through this. I'm hoping the the Boys will get back to their bread and butter in running the hell out of Zeke.

Offline Dream Team

« Reply #856 on: October 12, 2020, 11:10:38 AM »

That makes sense actually. It looks like Mahomes is going to have to play defense too this year if a KC is going to repeat.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #857 on: October 12, 2020, 07:35:14 PM »

That makes sense actually. It looks like Mahomes is going to have to play defense too this year if a KC is going to repeat.

You guys are killing me.  I swear.

On other news, I saw the injury, and now I wish I didn't.   Supposedly the bone punctured the skin, too, so while this is a healable injury, there's going to be some care that has to be taken.   I'm no Cowboys fan, but he seems a decent guy, and you hate to see that happen to anyone.

On still other news, Brees looks my age. 

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #858 on: October 12, 2020, 07:37:18 PM »
Has there been any reason given why Zimmer didn't kick a FG on 4th and inches last night?

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #859 on: October 12, 2020, 07:47:17 PM »
Has there been any reason given why Zimmer didn't kick a FG on 4th and inches last night?

The numbers.  Seriously.

Before the snap, they had a 94% chance of winning.  If they converted, they won and it improved their chances of winning 6% (so it's a 100% chance of winning).  They turn it over, it decreased their chances of winning by I think it was 15% (so a 79% chance of winning).  They kick the field goal, their chances of winning didn't improve one bit (it was still 94%).  THat's the math that teams are using now.  Someone like John Harbaugh does that for almost every decision.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #860 on: October 12, 2020, 07:48:12 PM »
Halftime, and they blurred out the foot when replaying the tackle on Dak.    He's out for four to six months, likely closer to the six. 

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #861 on: October 12, 2020, 07:55:49 PM »

The numbers.  Seriously.

Before the snap, they had a 94% chance of winning.  If they converted, they won and it improved their chances of winning 6% (so it's a 100% chance of winning).  They turn it over, it decreased their chances of winning by I think it was 15% (so a 79% chance of winning).  They kick the field goal, their chances of winning didn't improve one bit (it was still 94%).  THat's the math that teams are using now.  Someone like John Harbaugh does that for almost every decision.

Now that is fuzzy math!

If they kick a FG, Seattle has to go 75 yards, score a TD AND a 2 pt conversion just to TIE the game.

Fuck them then. That's what they get! ;D

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #862 on: October 12, 2020, 08:49:21 PM »

The numbers.  Seriously.

Now that is fuzzy math!

If they kick a FG, Seattle has to go 75 yards, score a TD AND a 2 pt conversion just to TIE the game.

Also, they were running all over them, to get one more yard considering all the runs even on that drive, it was a no brainer for me to go for it there to seal the deal

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #863 on: October 12, 2020, 08:52:01 PM »
How'd that work out? :lol

They should've kicked the FG.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #864 on: October 12, 2020, 08:54:04 PM »
doesn't mean it was the wrong call at the time, would you say that if KC scored 8 and won in OT?  Which given that final drive of further distance, seems possible. Like others said, it really made sense to go for it

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #865 on: October 12, 2020, 08:57:26 PM »
I don't know. Yes, a first down would've sealed it, but at the end of the day, they lost the game. I was watching the game and when they came out in formation, I was like WTF are you doing? Kick it! That extends the lead to 8.

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #866 on: October 12, 2020, 09:22:33 PM »

You've got a king-nine and the dealer's showing a 4. Because you're not an idiot you're going to stand pat. The dealer flips a 6 and draws a jack for the win. Were you dumb for not taking a card with 19? Conversely, the drunken frat boy in the chair next to you has the exact same king-nine, but he thoughtlessly takes a card and draws a 2 to win. Was it a good move on this part, or was he just an idiot that just got lucky?

Moral of the story is that sometimes you make the right call and you still lose.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #867 on: October 13, 2020, 06:37:12 AM »
Well, if the offence can't get 6 inches, coupled with the defense unable to hold a team 94 damn yards from their endzone....

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #868 on: October 13, 2020, 07:30:31 AM »

You've got a king-nine and the dealer's showing a 4. Because you're not an idiot you're going to stand pat. The dealer flips a 6 and draws a jack for the win. Were you dumb for not taking a card with 19? Conversely, the drunken frat boy in the chair next to you has the exact same king-nine, but he thoughtlessly takes a card and draws a 2 to win. Was it a good move on this part, or was he just an idiot that just got lucky?

Moral of the story is that sometimes you make the right call and you still lose.

Well put.   Coaches make the call, but the players got to play.   

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #869 on: October 13, 2020, 08:37:59 AM »
Well, if the offence can't get 6 inches, coupled with the defense unable to hold a team 94 damn yards from their endzone....

If you were watching, you would have seen the Vikings offense runnig wild on Seattle.  Getting those 6 inches was obviously risky, but it definitely looked like a low risk high reward.  Of course....

Coaches make the call, but the players got to play.   

this is where the failure was.  Players just couldn't execute and then the Seattle offense DID execute.  Even the commentators were saying it was the right call to go for it.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #870 on: October 13, 2020, 09:36:01 AM »
I thought they clearly made the right call by going for it, no question.  Mainly because I had no doubt whatsoever that Russell Wilson would score another touchdown if he got the chance, and kicking the FG would give him the chance.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #871 on: October 13, 2020, 09:46:17 AM »
Alright alright. TAC is dumb. I get it! :lol

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #872 on: October 13, 2020, 10:59:41 AM »
Alright alright. TAC is dumb. I get it! :lol

Finally you do.

Offline Dublagent66

• Devouring consciousness...
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #873 on: October 13, 2020, 11:41:01 AM »
It definitely wasn't the right call to go for it.  A chip shot FG has a higher percentage of success than a 4th & 1.  You have to remember, the Vikings were ahead by 5 points.  Kick the FG and increase the margin to 8.  That way, if RW takes the hawks down to score (which he's most likely to do anyway), you're forcing a 2 pt. conversion.  Which they ended up trying anyway and didn't get it.  So, in that scenario, the Viking either win the game by 2 or it goes to OT.  They didn't give themselves a chance to win by going for it on 4th.
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #874 on: October 13, 2020, 11:43:00 AM »
It definitely wasn't the right call to go for it.  A chip shot FG has a higher percentage of success than a 4th & 1.  You have to remember, the Vikings were ahead by 5 points.  Kick the FG and increase the margin to 8.  That way, if RW takes the hawks down to score (which he's most likely to do anyway), you're forcing a 2 pt. conversion.  Which they ended up trying anyway and didn't get it.  So, in that scenario, the Viking either win the game by 2 or it goes to OT.  They didn't give themselves a chance to win by going for it on 4th.

Yeah, that's how I saw it.