Author Topic: What pissed you off today?  (Read 132198 times)

MetalJunkie and 5 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Re: What pissed you off today?
« Reply #2450 on: November 09, 2023, 07:36:43 PM »
No. Give me onions in my sex scenes you pussies.

You like the stank don't you?
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #2451 on: November 09, 2023, 07:38:43 PM »
Your stank is worse than onions.  My wife loves onions so you must repel her. Lol.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #2452 on: November 09, 2023, 07:39:31 PM »
I will give onions this: at least they aren't as gross as peanut butter.  Peanut butter is literally the worst thing ever.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2453 on: November 09, 2023, 07:40:06 PM »
Your stank is worse than onions.  My wife loves onions so you must repel her. Lol.

If I can repel my own wife, I sure as hell can repel yours. :lol
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2454 on: November 09, 2023, 07:48:50 PM »
I will give onions this: at least they aren't as gross as peanut butter.  Peanut butter is literally the worst thing ever.

Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2455 on: November 09, 2023, 07:53:18 PM »
Kev I agree saw agree with Wolfking .   
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline Metro

• DTF Resident Sloth
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Your sloth is in another castle
« Reply #2456 on: November 09, 2023, 08:04:45 PM »

Delicious.

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2457 on: November 09, 2023, 08:37:28 PM »
And I like mozzarella as much as the next guy, but cheese isn't a topping. It's an important part of the base of a pizza, but it shouldn't be the primary thing.

Any politician who runs on a platform of mandating that a product consisting of only crust, sauce, and cheese cannot legally be marketing and sold as "pizza" gets my vote.

Whenever someone orders a large amount of pizza for a work thing, throughout my entire 20 year career at several different companies, they get about 3/4 "grown-up" pizzas with veggies on them like supreme or some type of combo and 1/4 simpler crowd pleaser pizzas like pepperoni, cheese, or sausage. Inevitably all of the simple pizzas are gone and the entirety of the leftovers are the ones laden with olives and onions. Now, I'm not opposed to some veggies on my pizza at times (except onions), but I just find this practice annoying. It's the same people that do it every time too. We now have like 8 leftover pizzas in the fridge with olives and onions while every last slice of the crowd pleasers are gone. The ratio needs to be reversed.

I had the opposite problem - or what you would consider the proper solution - at my last major job (my dept was probably 90% women). They would order a majority of cheese or Margherita pizzas, and one with actual meat toppings that the few guys in the dept had to fight over.
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2458 on: November 10, 2023, 03:11:40 AM »

I'm spending far too much time on figuring out what this actually means.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2459 on: November 10, 2023, 04:26:37 AM »

Me too Kade. Me too.  :lol

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2460 on: November 10, 2023, 06:56:30 AM »

Onions are delicious, I could bite into one like an apple.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2461 on: November 10, 2023, 07:03:33 AM »

I let it go. It felt like piling on. ;D

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #2462 on: November 10, 2023, 07:36:04 AM »

Also, I am curious what a pizza with only onions would actually taste like. :lol

Shit, most likely.

No.  I agree with Bart that it's the cornerstone of a combo, but I will ABSOLUTELY eat a pie with just onions.  I pretty much will eat onions on anything.    Call me Cebula!   :)

I was going to say I was with Joe all the way, until you all went and made it weird!  :) :) :) :) :) :)

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #2463 on: November 10, 2023, 07:36:50 AM »
I like all the normal pizza toppings, and pretty much in any combination.

Curious that pineapple hasn't been mentioned yet.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2464 on: November 10, 2023, 07:39:47 AM »

See, I like ham and pineapple.  Pizzastop up at Uconn used to run specials:  ham and pineapple or sausage and jalapeños.  You could get a large pie delivered for like $5.00.   All day long.  There's been this fad lately of bagging on pineapple on a pie and I think it's marketing nonsense.  One jackass on Twitter said it and everyone else has to run with it like lemmings.  Fine!  I'll eat it!!  More pizza for me!!!  :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #2465 on: November 10, 2023, 07:41:26 AM »
All this onion talk makes me want to cry.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #2466 on: November 10, 2023, 08:07:49 AM »

See, I like ham and pineapple.  Pizzastop up at Uconn used to run specials:  ham and pineapple or sausage and jalapeños.  You could get a large pie delivered for like $5.00.   All day long.  There's been this fad lately of bagging on pineapple on a pie and I think it's marketing nonsense.  One jackass on Twitter said it and everyone else has to run with it like lemmings.  Fine!  I'll eat it!!  More pizza for me!!!  :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)
I'm with you, I love pineapple and ham.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #2467 on: November 10, 2023, 11:32:55 AM »
I worked at quite a few pizza places back in the day ....and I had this combo of toppings that I loved and called it the 'Backhand, forehand, top shelf' after the first goal Gretzky scored as a Blue's player. Anyway...the ingredients are:

On Thin "St. Louis Stlye" Crust

Sausage, Pepperoni, Ham, Bacon, Pepperoncini's, Jalapeno's....then a layer of granulated garlic, crushed red peppers and pepper sprinkled on it prior to going into the oven. Mix of Mozzarella and provolone cheese.  Sucker was nice and spicy.

I agree with EB that single topping pizzas are boring and a waste but in a setting where you're feeding dozens of people it's the safest way to go.
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline lordxizor

• EZBoard Elder
  • and that is the truth.
« Reply #2468 on: November 10, 2023, 12:04:57 PM »
I hate how everywhere tries to claim their style of pizza. I've seen virtually identical thin crust pizza being "claimed" by several different cities, including Minneapolis, which I am near. Unless you're New York, or Chicago, in the US you don't get to claim a pizza style, IMO.

I agree with EB that single topping pizzas are boring and a waste but in a setting where you're feeding dozens of people it's the safest way to go.
I enjoy pepperoni pizza, but tend to agree 2-3 toppings is ideal. Much more than that and it all gets lost.

Offline Metro

• DTF Resident Sloth
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Your sloth is in another castle
« Reply #2469 on: November 10, 2023, 12:07:57 PM »
Former pizza guy here. The most disgusting topping combination I remember someone ordering was ranch, banana peppers, and onions.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2470 on: November 10, 2023, 12:08:12 PM »
I do like my BBQ sauce Kansas City style.

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #2471 on: November 10, 2023, 01:37:08 PM »
I hate how everywhere tries to claim their style of pizza. I've seen virtually identical thin crust pizza being "claimed" by several different cities, including Minneapolis, which I am near. Unless you're New York, or Chicago, in the US you don't get to claim a pizza style, IMO.
I mostly agree, except Chicago actually has two different style of pizzas. And Detroit style pizza does seem to be a separate thing. Otherwise they're all just very slight variations on a theme. Cutting one in squares doesn't make it a different pizza.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #2472 on: November 10, 2023, 01:48:31 PM »
The funny thing about "St Louis"-style pizza is that everyone I know who is not from St Louis hates it.  I guess you had to have been born here to enjoy it. :lol

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #2473 on: November 10, 2023, 01:57:36 PM »
The funny thing about "St Louis"-style pizza is that everyone I know who is not from St Louis hates it.  I guess you had to have been born here to enjoy it. :lol
I said in another thread that everybody's favourite pizza is the one they grew up with. In the end it's almost all the same with the occasional weird regional idiosyncrasies. But, if you live in a place that serves ultra thin and crunchy square cut pizza, then that's what you'll probably prefer. People like me who come from a pretty typical NY/Neopolitan pizza town would find it inferior to what we like.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #2474 on: November 10, 2023, 02:39:16 PM »

There’s only a couple places I like it at and IMO’s is not one of them.
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2475 on: November 10, 2023, 02:40:47 PM »

New Haven.  New Haven pizza is a thing (though someone from outside the northeast could no more distinguish it from New York pizza than you could Miller Lite and Bud Lite.

Offline Jamesman42

• There you'll find me
  • DT.net Member
  • Spiral OUT
« Reply #2476 on: November 10, 2023, 02:41:27 PM »

I am just quoting this to remind everyone of the absurdity of this comment. :)

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #2477 on: November 10, 2023, 02:45:10 PM »

New Haven.  New Haven pizza is a thing (though someone from outside the northeast could no more distinguish it from New York pizza than you could Miller Lite and Bud Lite.
A thing, maybe, but not necessarily a good thing. Burning the crust is the only absolutely surefire way to fuck up a pizza.
E.F. Benson

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #2478 on: November 11, 2023, 05:06:09 AM »
Unless you're New York, or Chicago, in the US you don't get to claim a pizza style, IMO.

I think Windsor has a legitimate beef with this statement.

There’s julienne-cut shredded pepperoni, which creates better distribution across the pie than traditional circular pepperoni
The next essential topping is canned mushrooms. Fresh mushrooms typically shrivel and dry up in a high temperature pizza oven, compromising their texture and flavour
The cheese for Windsor pizza is a high-fat mozzarella
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2479 on: November 11, 2023, 06:07:15 AM »
I've never heard of St. Lous style pizza.

Offline Indiscipline

• Ponce
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Apply IMO --->
« Reply #2480 on: November 11, 2023, 06:30:26 AM »
Neapolitan style (pretty high and soft, flying back to the kitchen if burnt) for me, with mozzarella, baked ham, artichokes, black olives, spicy oil. Not a trace of tomato sauce on it.

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #2481 on: November 11, 2023, 08:16:12 AM »
Me on the west coast being all "all our pizza just sucks"..

Offline Awaken

« Reply #2482 on: November 17, 2023, 09:03:12 AM »
Not pissed, but irritated w concert ticket prices.  I've wanted to see this Pantera iteration/tribute since it was announced.  Tickets for the recent leg w Lamb of God just went on sale and I'm planning a road trip to the NYC show.  Just added a couple tickets to my cart - I'll call them decent seats, not the best in the house, just a decent seat at MSG - for a total of $360.  I'm really not sure I want to see Pantera/Lamb of God to the tune of ~ $500 (tickets + travel).  I know this is all more a 'me' problem than anything else, but jeez that's a hefty price to get in the door - and it's not just this show, every show I've had interest in lately has been way more pricey than expected.  Even the worst seats in the house are just way higher than I expected.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2483 on: November 17, 2023, 09:13:09 AM »
Not pissed, but irritated w concert ticket prices.  I've wanted to see this Pantera iteration/tribute since it was announced.  Tickets for the recent leg w Lamb of God just went on sale and I'm planning a road trip to the NYC show.  Just added a couple tickets to my cart - I'll call them decent seats, not the best in the house, just a decent seat at MSG - for a total of $360.  I'm really not sure I want to see Pantera/Lamb of God to the tune of ~ $500 (tickets + travel).  I know this is all more a 'me' problem than anything else, but jeez that's a hefty price to get in the door - and it's not just this show, every show I've had interest in lately has been way more pricey than expected.  Even the worst seats in the house are just way higher than I expected.

My friends and I want to go to that show too, just looked at the prices after reading this... damn, that's excessive even for the last row. 

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #2484 on: November 17, 2023, 10:02:37 AM »
Looks like get-ins are $102 all in. That does seem excessive, but not necessarily for NYC.

How long have those tickets been on sale? There are a ton of seats available. There are still non-platinum floor seats available. Looks like the pricing has scared off quite a few people. I'd assume that to be a surefire sellout, but it certainly hasn't started well for that. If they can't sell it out then it's going to be a real buyer's market once the date gets closer.
E.F. Benson