Author Topic: What pissed you off today?  (Read 132171 times)

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
Re: What pissed you off today?
« Reply #2415 on: November 09, 2023, 10:42:27 AM »
I am experiencing what is known as a COVID rebound.  I went through my cycle of Paxlovid, and was feeling pretty good, and then took a nosedive.

This fucking shit is for the birds.

Sorry to hear that, man.  I hope you feel better soon.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #2416 on: November 09, 2023, 11:45:40 AM »
Thanks, brother.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2417 on: November 09, 2023, 12:00:05 PM »
Ah that sucks, heard a lot about that rebound. Hopefully it passes quickly

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #2418 on: November 09, 2023, 12:05:04 PM »
We'll see.  So far, I feel better today than yesterday.

I should buy some stock in fucking Kleenex, I know that.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #2419 on: November 09, 2023, 12:11:36 PM »

The lotion kind, I'd hope.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2420 on: November 09, 2023, 12:13:23 PM »

I like the ones with the Vicks.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #2421 on: November 09, 2023, 12:13:32 PM »

Nah, it's the sandpaper variety.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2422 on: November 09, 2023, 12:47:29 PM »
That would destroy my nostrils.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline lordxizor

• EZBoard Elder
  • and that is the truth.
« Reply #2423 on: November 09, 2023, 01:26:20 PM »
Whenever someone orders a large amount of pizza for a work thing, throughout my entire 20 year career at several different companies, they get about 3/4 "grown-up" pizzas with veggies on them like supreme or some type of combo and 1/4 simpler crowd pleaser pizzas like pepperoni, cheese, or sausage. Inevitably all of the simple pizzas are gone and the entirety of the leftovers are the ones laden with olives and onions. Now, I'm not opposed to some veggies on my pizza at times (except onions), but I just find this practice annoying. It's the same people that do it every time too. We now have like 8 leftover pizzas in the fridge with olives and onions while every last slice of the crowd pleasers are gone. The ratio needs to be reversed.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2424 on: November 09, 2023, 01:28:33 PM »
Whenever someone orders a large amount of pizza for a work thing, throughout my entire 20 year career at several different companies, they get about 3/4 "grown-up" pizzas with veggies on them like supreme or some type of combo and 1/4 simpler crowd pleaser pizzas like pepperoni, cheese, or sausage. Inevitably all of the simple pizzas are gone and the entirety of the leftovers are the ones laden with olives and onions. Now, I'm not opposed to some veggies on my pizza at times (except onions), but I just find this practice annoying. It's the same people that do it every time too. We now have like 8 leftover pizzas in the fridge with olives and onions while every last slice of the crowd pleasers are gone. The ratio needs to be reversed.

I'm with you (but flip the "onions" and the "olives"). 

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2425 on: November 09, 2023, 01:31:51 PM »
Not sure Ive had that happen to me with such ratios, usually it's the opposite and still, the olives and odd pizzas remain  :lol I understand I have a hatred for olives on pizza more than average, but I don't understand the point in ordering such a pizza for events at all.  Just stick to the basics IMO.

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #2426 on: November 09, 2023, 01:33:12 PM »
Just olives and onions, or "among other things" olives and opinions? If it's the adult combo pizzas I need to come work at your place. I'd give one or two of those fridge pies a good home.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2427 on: November 09, 2023, 01:38:34 PM »
I like veggies on my pizza.  Olives are the only one I'm not fond of.

Offline lordxizor

• EZBoard Elder
  • and that is the truth.
« Reply #2428 on: November 09, 2023, 01:40:50 PM »
Onions ruin pizza for me. The flavor takes over everything. I don't care for olives, but they're easy enough to pick off. The onion essence remains even after they're picked off.

Offline DragonAttack

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2429 on: November 09, 2023, 01:44:10 PM »
^
This

Are we talking black or green olives?
...going along with Dragon Attack's Queen thread has been like taking a free class in Queen knowledge. Where else are you gonna find info like that?!

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2430 on: November 09, 2023, 01:46:43 PM »
An olive is an olive. Let's not discriminate based on color. All olives are nasty.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #2431 on: November 09, 2023, 01:56:49 PM »
An olive is an olive. Let's not discriminate based on color. All olives are nasty.

Amen brother

And....I'm in the camp of pizzas shouldn't be littered with veggies. There's a reason the 'simple' topping pizzas disappear first in those instances....it's because that's the way it should be. Two....three toppings at most of which 99% of them should be meat topping combos and move on.
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2432 on: November 09, 2023, 02:10:26 PM »

Amen brother

And....I'm in the camp of pizzas shouldn't be littered with veggies. There's a reason the 'simple' topping pizzas disappear first in those instances....it's because that's the way it should be. Two....three toppings at most of which 99% of them should be meat topping combos and move on.

I say a veggie option should be available, but not specific like just olives.  Maybe a full veggie pie, some meat pies, and some cheese pies is legit.  Some sort of ratio like 2/5 cheese 2/5 meats 1/5 veggie.  Personally, I do like veggie pies, however it's not usually going to be my choice, but not having that option for people seems unfair. It just needs to be more in line with what people actually eat and I won't believe it unless I see a proven stat that more than 1/5 people would choose a veggie pie over cheese or meat.

Offline Jamesman42

• There you'll find me
  • DT.net Member
  • Spiral OUT
« Reply #2433 on: November 09, 2023, 02:14:03 PM »
My principal will buy us all pizzas (and enough to last 3 days) and only gets cheese and pepperoni. It's the best way. Yeah, I like a lot of other toppings, but pleasing everyone is hard in that regard.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2434 on: November 09, 2023, 02:43:54 PM »

Amen brother

I say a veggie option should be available, but not specific like just olives.  Maybe a full veggie pie, some meat pies, and some cheese pies is legit.  Some sort of ratio like 2/5 cheese 2/5 meats 1/5 veggie.  Personally, I do like veggie pies, however it's not usually going to be my choice, but not having that option for people seems unfair. It just needs to be more in line with what people actually eat and I won't believe it unless I see a proven stat that more than 1/5 people would choose a veggie pie over cheese or meat.

ESPECIALLY at work. Last thing I need is to dump a veggie bomb pie down the front of my shirt while I'm at work.  I already have a reputation for getting spots on my shirt; I don't need to temp fate!  :)

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2435 on: November 09, 2023, 02:45:09 PM »
Cheese and pepperoni is all any lunchroom needs. Seriously.

Offline TheHoveringSojourn808

• fun committee president, sloth gang initiate, and annie clark lover
  • JLB + MP friendship stan
« Reply #2436 on: November 09, 2023, 02:48:24 PM »

if that's all that's being served there'd better be a bathroom too!
harusame ni nuretsutsu yane no temari kana
RIP the Great Ape, 2024.02.01
Welcome to the Forums!

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #2437 on: November 09, 2023, 03:03:51 PM »
Man, a one topping pizza is just pointless. You need to have a combination of flavours in there. I grew up with "supreme" pizzas, so I appreciate the melange (and yes, that includes olives and onions along with a couple of meats). If I'm just ordering to have pizza around the home (which is surprisingly infrequent) I'll go with a small Pep/onion/jalapeno, and a Sau/onion/shroom. I also enjoy experimenting with whatever combinations a place might specialize in, which might be pretty oddball.

And I like mozzarella as much as the next guy, but cheese isn't a topping. It's an important part of the base of a pizza, but it shouldn't be the primary thing.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline Jamesman42

• There you'll find me
  • DT.net Member
  • Spiral OUT
« Reply #2438 on: November 09, 2023, 03:10:38 PM »
Sausage and mushroom is another good default topping to try and please everyone.

Bell peppers upset my stomach when cut up like what goes on a pizza. Olives overpower pizza, they can stay on Greek foods. Onion is pretty good but shouldn't be alone. I've honestly never had Jalapeno on pizza, I can tolerate that sort of pepper so I might have to try that in the future.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2439 on: November 09, 2023, 03:15:20 PM »

This.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2440 on: November 09, 2023, 03:29:57 PM »
Man, a one topping pizza is just pointless. You need to have a combination of flavours in there. I grew up with "supreme" pizzas, so I appreciate the melange (and yes, that includes olives and onions along with a couple of meats). If I'm just ordering to have pizza around the home (which is surprisingly infrequent) I'll go with a small Pep/onion/jalapeno, and a Sau/onion/shroom. I also enjoy experimenting with whatever combinations a place might specialize in, which might be pretty oddball.

And I like mozzarella as much as the next guy, but cheese isn't a topping. It's an important part of the base of a pizza, but it shouldn't be the primary thing.

I'll be over at 5:30, and I'll bring a Sixpack.  That's my idea of a pie.  Only think better is sausage, spinach and garlic.

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #2441 on: November 09, 2023, 03:33:36 PM »
Sausage and mushroom is another good default topping to try and please everyone.

Bell peppers upset my stomach when cut up like what goes on a pizza. Olives overpower pizza, they can stay on Greek foods. Onion is pretty good but shouldn't be alone. I've honestly never had Jalapeno on pizza, I can tolerate that sort of pepper so I might have to try that in the future.
You can eat jalapeno but not bell peppers? WTF is that?

In any case, I treat them both interchangeably on pizza depending on my mood. Sometimes I want the heat and sometimes I don't. Also depends on where the pizza is coming from. Down here the Mexicans always find the hottest jalapenos.

Nobody wants nothing but onion on a pie, but it's a critical component of any sort of combination, IMO. Top of the pizza vegetable hierarchy, as far as I'm concerned. Hence going with the pepperoni/pepper and sausage/shroom pies.
E.F. Benson

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #2442 on: November 09, 2023, 03:36:32 PM »

I'll be over at 5:30, and I'll bring a Sixpack.  That's my idea of a pie.  Only think better is sausage, spinach and garlic.
Yeah, that's probably my leading favourite. Depends on the sausage, of course, but done well it's really hard to beat. A few places down here will offer crumbled up (or sliced) meatball, and that might be even better. 
E.F. Benson

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2443 on: November 09, 2023, 04:19:19 PM »
I love meatball and mushroom pizza.

Offline Jamesman42

• There you'll find me
  • DT.net Member
  • Spiral OUT
« Reply #2444 on: November 09, 2023, 05:55:21 PM »

You can eat jalapeno but not bell peppers? WTF is that?

I was curious why this happens as I was reading this comment, so bell peppers are considered sweet peppers and jalapenos are hot peppers. Something online said the skins might be a cause of stomach pain from the bell peppers. All I know is, if I want to sweat my ass off and feel like a knife is being driven into my intestines, I'll find a good green bell pepper to eat or put on pizza. It sucks.

Also, I am curious what a pizza with only onions would actually taste like. :lol

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2445 on: November 09, 2023, 07:26:18 PM »

Also, I am curious what a pizza with only onions would actually taste like. :lol

Shit, most likely.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2446 on: November 09, 2023, 07:30:45 PM »
The fuck?  You pleabians.   Onions rule. I stand like a terminator on you onion skulls.

You are a all pussies. Onions rule on pizza. Your vaginas are sensitive. 

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2447 on: November 09, 2023, 07:32:03 PM »
The fuck?  You pleabians.   Onions rule. I stand like a terminator on you onion skulls.

You are a all pussies. Onions rule on pizza. Your vaginas are sensitive.

Yeah, sensitive to onions. :lol

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #2448 on: November 09, 2023, 07:35:12 PM »
Onions are disgusting on anything except my mom's potato salad, which sadly I will never have again, so that means I will never have to be subjected to onions anywhere ever again.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2449 on: November 09, 2023, 07:35:54 PM »
No. Give me onions in my sex scenes you pussies.