Author Topic: Mike Portnoy's "Prog Metal" supergroup: Sons of Apollo  (Read 311071 times)

Offline jammindude

Re: Mike Portnoy's prog metal supergroup: Sons of Apollo
« Reply #1400 on: August 26, 2017, 05:53:08 PM »
Personally....I think if "The Guitar Lesson" had been covered and recorded by anyone else other than Steven Wilson, people would be burning an effigy.   But the music fans tend to ignore things like that from their heroes. 

No one is praising him for it...but they do tend to ignore it.   That wouldn't be happening if it was someone like Geoff Tate.
"Better the pride that resides in a citizen of the world.
Than the pride that divides when a colorful rag is unfurled." - Neil Peart

The Jammin Dude Show - https://www.youtube.com/user/jammindude

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #1401 on: August 26, 2017, 05:53:16 PM »
This thread is the very reason DTF is still a thing. lols.

Get out of my silly bubble!

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1402 on: August 27, 2017, 10:28:03 AM »
Personally....I think if "The Guitar Lesson" had been covered and recorded by anyone else other than Steven Wilson, people would be burning an effigy.   But the music fans tend to ignore things like that from their heroes. 

No one is praising him for it...but they do tend to ignore it.   That wouldn't be happening if it was someone like Geoff Tate.

Wait, what?  What is wrong with Wilson's cover of The Guitar Lesson? It's an enjoyable little tune.

Offline Metro

• DTF Resident Sloth
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Your sloth is in another castle
« Reply #1403 on: August 27, 2017, 01:02:19 PM »

Wait, what?  What is wrong with Wilson's cover of The Guitar Lesson? It's an enjoyable little tune.

IIRC, the lyrics are about a little girl who gets raped by her teacher at a guitar lesson.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #1404 on: August 27, 2017, 01:17:24 PM »
What I do know is that Mike, for good or for bad ( I tend to think more for good ) is himself, always, out on his sleeve in everything he does. I love that quality.

What this bullshit philosophy boils down to is "I'll say and do whatever I want and if you don't like it that's *your* problem."

It's easy to be "real" or "wear your heart on your sleeve" or "do what you want" or "just being honest" or "just being myself" and not give a shit about what people think.  IT'S EASY AS FUCK to just do what you want whenever you want.  It doesn't take "balls" or "bravery".  It's EASY to do this and not give a shit.

What *does* take balls is to know when to hold back and when to let it go and when to let everything hang out.  What takes REAL bravery and thought is to understand the CONTEXT of what's going on.

Any asshole can say what they want and make claims like they're just being honest and that's just a weak-assed cop-out excuse to behave like a complete douche.  It takes a *real* person to know when to hold'em and know when to fold'em.

99 times out of 100 I'd agree with you; there is nothing that gets under my skin more than people like Eddie Trunk who say "I'm just being honest here, Kiss without the original members sucks."   That's not being "honest".   There's nothing "honest" in just spewing your opinions.   I also bristle at "bravery"; it's not "brave" to say "I think Gene Simmons is a money hungry whore".  "Bravery" is walking out of a Higgins boat on June 6, 1944 into five feet of water while 10,000 German soldiers are trying to shoot you with semi-automatic weapons (and, for the most part, succeeding), knowing that the odds of you hitting shore are less than getting a base hit in baseball.    But I don't think any of that applies here.  I think it's different when you talk about emotions.   Your post just slagged anyone who cried at a movie, or something like that.  We celebrate raw emotion all the time.   Look at all the "raw emotion" that is in the headlines every single day in response to Trump.  We're "terrified!".  We're "this".  We're "that".   Art, music, creativity is inherently emotional.  (That's why the "work" is not a good analogy; you check your emotions at the door, and don't at your peril, but it's your choice.)   Unless you're an Yngwie or Petrucci fan (those are very much jokes; I don't think either one is an "unemotional player") you are into music for the feeling it gives you, not the "factual accuracy" of it.   

Again, I wouldn't use "bravery", but it takes a certain courage to put your emotions out there, be it in music, or otherwise, and let them fester in the cold light of day.   I didn't do that for the longest time, and I suffered for it.  Intellectually, emotionally, even physically.   I've been able to incorporate more of that into my life - I call it "living authentically" - and I have a deep respect for people that can do that.   It's not an easy thing to do. 

I would also say, it's funny how subjective we are when it comes to this.  We - well, many of us - love Fish and Steven Wilson when they "put it out there", but when Mike does it?   Not so much. 

Do you have examples of people giving Fish or Steven Wilson a pass when they say douchey things?

Not Steven Wilson, because I'm not really a huge fan (though I can remember vaguely some flap coming out when he was talking about some of the Crimson remixes, and whether he'd do other bands).    But Fish, sure.   When he was in Marillion, there are countless examples of him putting his foot in his mouth about other bands, other frontmen...    I met him at a bar in Philly before the 13th Star show at the TLA, and he was a total tool.   He showed up and while he signed things, he didn't have his merch, and he was talking over people, shuffling them on, even one kid - she was about 8 or so and had her face painted - said something to him about "daddy showed me a picture of your face painted" and he said something like "I don't have time for this please move along".  And yet, on the forum, Fish our hero.  Nailed his detuned songs to "perfection!" (he didn't; I was there.  It wasn't bad, but it wasn't The Theiving Magpie either).    At that same show someone took a flash photo, and he stopped the song, pointed out the guy, made the crowd part so he was looking right at Fish and Fish told the crowd "Twat on three... one... two... three! TWAT!"    Was that really necessary to embarrass that fan like that?   But next day, on the forum, Fish our hero.   

There are other examples, mostly from back in the day, since he's cutting a rather low key profile these days, but they're there.   

And for the record, that was my kid.  I didn't throw him under the bus; I felt bad for her, but I sort of understood because of the logistics of things, but I wasn't going to make apologies for him either.   Many others did. 

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1405 on: August 27, 2017, 04:15:55 PM »
So, the moral of the story is, another rock musician has acted like a jerk and been given a pass by his fans, so the same courtesy should extend to poor little Mike Portnoy*.  Got it.

*which it always is by those of you on TEAM MIKE

Also, I would like to note that, unlike some, I was not offended by his DTF comment, but (to steal a funny comment I saw elsewhere) him asking if something else is "a thing" is ironic concerning he recently toured with Twisted Sister.  :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1406 on: August 27, 2017, 04:53:51 PM »
Um, Kev, Twisted Sister is the most interesting gig he's had since leaving DT.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1407 on: August 27, 2017, 08:10:12 PM »
Someday, I'll be living in a big old city, and all you're ever gonna be is mean.   What did Dee Snider ever do to you?   :)

Offline Lethean

« Reply #1408 on: August 27, 2017, 09:47:30 PM »
Did this forum even exist "back in the day" of Marillion?  Have people even had enough interaction with Fish to be able to have a negative opinion of him?  I'm not a fan, so I don't have much to say about him but it is a good possibility that either Fish fans here just haven't had negative experiences with him, or it happened so long ago and he hasn't repeated it that they've forgiven or forgotten.

With MP, I think people do give him a pass in a way, because they still follow him.   They still like his work and/or want to like what's coming next.  For myself, MP's comments are so disheartening precisely because his music has meant something to me.  Let's say it was Fish saying all of these things.  I'm not a fan, and I'm only a casual fan of Hogarth-era.  So I'd probably shrug, think to myself that Fish was a bit of a jerk, and move on.  I didn't care in the first place, so I write him off; no benefit of the doubt.  With MP, I continue to hope that one day he'll stop all of this, and that in itself is giving him some benefit of the doubt.  I'm not waiting for the next time he says something ridiculous so I can pounce on it; I'm hoping to never see it again. 

I was starting to be encouraged recently in fact.  He did that two part interview with the guy who sounded a bit like Lars Ulrich, and was pretty gracious.  I was happy to see that.  He did an interview with Eddie Truck and didn't say anything negative about DT at all.  But then it was like Derek picked up the slack, and since this is Mike's band, I wish he would reign Derek in on that.  Next was the DTF comment, which as I'm a newbie I wouldn't say it "offends" me, but it certainly doesn't make MP look good, at all.  It was childish, to say the least.  I get that we all have emotions and completely bottling them up is unhealthy.  I would suggest that expressing them via childish outbursts on social media and his forum is also unhealthy.  There are many other ways to go about it.  He rarely - almost never - apologizes for his outbursts either.  If they were a result of him being so full of emotion that he simply couldn't control himself, then he would, perhaps the next day, address it in a calm manner and say he was sorry for what he said. 

Offline jammindude

« Reply #1409 on: August 27, 2017, 10:17:05 PM »

IIRC, the lyrics are about a little girl who gets raped by her teacher at a guitar lesson.

Ya....that.  Thought that would be more obvious.

EDIT: oh ya...btw....the entire song is sung from the pedophiles POV.   

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1410 on: August 28, 2017, 07:32:21 AM »
With MP, I think people do give him a pass in a way, because they still follow him.   They still like his work and/or want to like what's coming next.  For myself, MP's comments are so disheartening precisely because his music has meant something to me.  Let's say it was Fish saying all of these things.  I'm not a fan, and I'm only a casual fan of Hogarth-era.  So I'd probably shrug, think to myself that Fish was a bit of a jerk, and move on.  I didn't care in the first place, so I write him off; no benefit of the doubt.  With MP, I continue to hope that one day he'll stop all of this, and that in itself is giving him some benefit of the doubt.  I'm not waiting for the next time he says something ridiculous so I can pounce on it; I'm hoping to never see it again. 

And I think that's where the accusations of "fan boy-ish" come in.  I am invested in his music, but I don't care if he "someday stops all this".  Why should I care?  I'm not him, he's not me, and he's allowed to do what he wants.    Maybe that's where the root of this lies; I'm just a fan - of any of the artists I like - and I get what they give.  I don't spend a lot of time "wishing".   Ritchie Blackmore is my guy.   Fireball (Deep Purple) and Rising (Rainbow) are just... there are no words for me.  The Renaissance stuff?  Eh.  I've seen that twice now, and while Ritchie is awesome, I have a vaguely dirty feeling after, like I just witnessed an orgy or something. Some of those people are... only loosely in touch with reality.   But I don't spend even a second thinking "Ritchie has to get back to playing ELECTRIC!"  He's happy, he's doing what he wants, and I have the choice to engage to the level I see fit.  Same with Kiss.  Is it my preference to have Eric Singer and Tommy Thayer there?  Well, yes (Eric) and no (Tommy) but it is what it is.  I watched Peter utterly embarrass himself during the Aerosmith tour, but I'd rather Ace there, no question.  But I don't spend a second "hoping they'll bury the hatchet".   Gene and Paul have earned the right to steer the ship the way they choose.   

I was starting to be encouraged recently in fact.  He did that two part interview with the guy who sounded a bit like Lars Ulrich, and was pretty gracious.  I was happy to see that.  He did an interview with Eddie Truck and didn't say anything negative about DT at all.  But then it was like Derek picked up the slack, and since this is Mike's band, I wish he would reign Derek in on that.  Next was the DTF comment, which as I'm a newbie I wouldn't say it "offends" me, but it certainly doesn't make MP look good, at all.  It was childish, to say the least.  I get that we all have emotions and completely bottling them up is unhealthy.  I would suggest that expressing them via childish outbursts on social media and his forum is also unhealthy.  There are many other ways to go about it.  He rarely - almost never - apologizes for his outbursts either.  If they were a result of him being so full of emotion that he simply couldn't control himself, then he would, perhaps the next day, address it in a calm manner and say he was sorry for what he said.

Again, he can do what he wants to do; I'm not at all a fan of the canned "Oh, I had bad Chinese, I'm so sorry!" apologies that celebrities throw around like Tootsie Rolls at a parade.   Whether I like what he said or not is immaterial, but there's at least a semblance of credibility for standing by it, emotional or not. 

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #1411 on: August 28, 2017, 09:16:16 AM »

And I think that's where the accusations of "fan boy-ish" come in.  I am invested in his music, but I don't care if he "someday stops all this".  Why should I care?  I'm not him, he's not me, and he's allowed to do what he wants.    Maybe that's where the root of this lies; I'm just a fan - of any of the artists I like - and I get what they give.  I don't spend a lot of time "wishing".   Ritchie Blackmore is my guy.   Fireball (Deep Purple) and Rising (Rainbow) are just... there are no words for me.  The Renaissance stuff?  Eh.  I've seen that twice now, and while Ritchie is awesome, I have a vaguely dirty feeling after, like I just witnessed an orgy or something. Some of those people are... only loosely in touch with reality.   But I don't spend even a second thinking "Ritchie has to get back to playing ELECTRIC!"  He's happy, he's doing what he wants, and I have the choice to engage to the level I see fit.  Same with Kiss.  Is it my preference to have Eric Singer and Tommy Thayer there?  Well, yes (Eric) and no (Tommy) but it is what it is.  I watched Peter utterly embarrass himself during the Aerosmith tour, but I'd rather Ace there, no question.  But I don't spend a second "hoping they'll bury the hatchet".   Gene and Paul have earned the right to steer the ship the way they choose.   

Again, he can do what he wants to do; I'm not at all a fan of the canned "Oh, I had bad Chinese, I'm so sorry!" apologies that celebrities throw around like Tootsie Rolls at a parade.   Whether I like what he said or not is immaterial, but there's at least a semblance of credibility for standing by it, emotional or not.

I agree with you on all of this. I am the same way. Which is why I enjoy when bands dont play their popular song, instead playing what they want to play.

What Anathema did on Universal with Fragile Dreams is an example of a band catering to fans because Vincent says " now heres the version you wanted to hear."

MP I have no problem with, hes just a guy that likes to say whats in his mind. Thats just how he is, and being OCD doesn't help either. He made lyrics about ungrateful fans for fuck sakes.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline YtseBitsySpider

• **retired from DTF**
  • EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1412 on: August 28, 2017, 10:27:45 AM »
I think I'm blessed I jumped from page 1 to 41 on this topic.
I have no idea what he said, I don't care and now I don't even know!!

did the music even come out?

I like Derek so...
Take care everyone - Bet you all didn't even notice I was gone.

Happy Lives to you all.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1413 on: August 28, 2017, 10:32:14 AM »
^ And as a result, you're probably the smartest person here.   :)

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #1414 on: August 28, 2017, 10:33:53 AM »
Yeah but he's Canadian it's hard to hit yourself on with a hockey stick to to go to different pages. :lol

Ytse my brother! How are you?
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline Lethean

« Reply #1415 on: August 28, 2017, 11:04:46 AM »

Well, sure, he can do what he wants to do.  But should he?  There are a lot of reasons you could list for not acting like a jerk and/or a child throwing a temper tantrum.  I don't think he should give a "canned" apology, I think he should give a real one.  If he doesn't feel he needs to, alright then.  As you said, he can do what he wants.  As a fan I'm not entitled to have him act with decorum. I'm not entitled to anything other than what I pay for.  I understand that.  Nonetheless - I can have an opinion about his behavior.  He is not entitled to say whatever he wants and have people not talk about it - including objections to what he says.

For you, everything he said might not be cool, but you don't care that much, it's all good.  For others, apparently a lot of people here, it's more of a problem, and I think you have to expect that when you're in the public eye and behave the way he does.   He seems to not like the negative attention he gets from what he says, and if he doesn't, then I'd suggest he rethink his approach.  His online life would be a lot more pleasant.  Maybe he truly doesn't care - maybe he just acts like he doesn't want to see this stuff on Blabbermouth, but he really wants to because he thinks it will get his project du jour more attention, and ultimately, sales.  That's also his right to do, but if that is the case, I find it even more distasteful.  He doesn't have to answer to me or those like me.  But he doesn't get to prevent others from reacting to his outbursts with criticism.  And - if he wants us to buy his products or even share or "like" his projects and posts on social media to spread the word, then again, maybe he should knock it off.

Offline Skeever

« Reply #1416 on: August 28, 2017, 11:39:02 AM »
I think I'm blessed I jumped from page 1 to 41 on this topic.
I have no idea what he said, I don't care and now I don't even know!!

did the music even come out?

I like Derek so...

^ And as a result, you're probably the smartest person here.   :)

Yup

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1417 on: August 28, 2017, 05:18:37 PM »

Ya....that.  Thought that would be more obvious.

EDIT: oh ya...btw....the entire song is sung from the pedophiles POV.

Okay. I really never thought about it, but okay. Not sure why people should be burning an effigy.  Wilson has often written about disturbing themes (In Absentia is mostly about a serial killer, and Raider II is about the BTK killer), so covering a song with a disturbing theme isn't surprising. 

Offline jammindude

« Reply #1418 on: August 28, 2017, 05:35:59 PM »
My only point (and on the topic) is that some people tend to get a pass on things that others wouldn't....just depending on whether we "like" them or not.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1419 on: August 28, 2017, 05:43:33 PM »
His lyrics isn't supporting them though.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline jammindude

« Reply #1420 on: August 28, 2017, 06:09:58 PM »

That was the Slayer excuse for Jihad.  (for those that don't know, it was 9/11 from the hijackers POV)   

It's like....ya.  You say you don't condone it, but you are vicariously taking someone through the experience (set to music) without condemning it either.   

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1421 on: August 28, 2017, 07:01:00 PM »
Why do people take a story that is written as lyrics and it becomes their beliefs? Do you hear him in interviews that he enjoys It?

This is where people cross lines and put their own beliefs as interpretation.   Let's not make accusations as truths.

Offline Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #1422 on: August 28, 2017, 07:05:05 PM »

That was the Slayer excuse for Jihad.  (for those that don't know, it was 9/11 from the hijackers POV)   

It's like....ya.  You say you don't condone it, but you are vicariously taking someone through the experience (set to music) without condemning it either.

I wrote an album about heroin addiction without condemning it.

Musicians don't have to tell people what to think. If he writes something PRO whatever, that's different. Telling a very dark and disturbing story is fine. Movies do it all the time.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline jammindude

« Reply #1423 on: August 28, 2017, 07:11:13 PM »
But this is exactly what I'm talking about.   I never said he condoned it.  I'm ONLY saying that he gets a pass because we're fans. 

What if that song had been performed by someone else?  Someone you detested?

What if Trump decided to start a music career by making this his first single?    :rollin

Ok, but seriously.  Picture if someone you absolutely detested, and thought was an absolutely VILE human being had released this song.  Would you still think exactly the same way?

The topic is....some people get a pass, and some don't.  Just depends on if you're a fan or not.   

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1424 on: August 28, 2017, 07:16:52 PM »
Um, Trump's actions speak volumes.  Steven Wilson's actions speaks musician.  Big difference.

Offline Adami

« Reply #1425 on: August 28, 2017, 07:53:57 PM »
But this is exactly what I'm talking about.   I never said he condoned it.  I'm ONLY saying that he gets a pass because we're fans. 

What if that song had been performed by someone else?  Someone you detested?

What if Trump decided to start a music career by making this his first single?    :rollin

Ok, but seriously.  Picture if someone you absolutely detested, and thought was an absolutely VILE human being had released this song.  Would you still think exactly the same way?

The topic is....some people get a pass, and some don't.  Just depends on if you're a fan or not.

I'd give anyone a pass for doing a song like that.

I get what you're saying, and your point is good. This example just doesn't work.

SW has been douchey in the past in general and usually gets a pass.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline jammindude

« Reply #1426 on: August 28, 2017, 08:11:15 PM »
Daniel Gildenlow releases America, and gets raked over the coals.   Slayer releases Jihad and gets a pass.

Even though America crosses a bit more into "opinion", I personally felt Jihad was more tasteless and disrespectful than America was. 

America is like someone who once had respect for you, calling you out on your crap and telling you to get your s**t together.   Jihad is just more like someone writing about what was going through the serial killers mind when he slaughtered your mom. 

But even as I type that, it's an interesting dynamic.  Because Daniel was someone who was respected before writing that song.

Offline Adami

« Reply #1427 on: August 28, 2017, 08:13:50 PM »
America is a crappy song and Daniel is douche.

Still my favorite singer and overall musician.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1428 on: August 28, 2017, 08:50:18 PM »
As an American I love that song.

You live in Amaerica so you hear only our view of that song.  No American will like a song about Jihad.

Offline Mosh

• For I have dined on honeydew!
« Reply #1429 on: August 28, 2017, 09:00:48 PM »
Never heard of the Slayer song but isn't that the same band that wrote Angel of Death? That is kind of their thing.
New Animal Soup scifi space opera for fans of Porcupine Tree, Mastodon, Iron Maiden: Chariots of the Gods

https://animalsoup.bandcamp.com/album/chariots-of-the-gods

Offline ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #1430 on: August 29, 2017, 02:08:31 AM »
Daniel Gildenlow releases America, and gets raked over the coals.   Slayer releases Jihad and gets a pass.
Very different. That was a period where Gildenlow was very anti-America and anti-Bush. He couldn't tour there for ages because he refused to give fingerprints I think it was. So then the song appeared, which was actually from the perspective of the character, but people took it as Gildenlow expressing his own views, and felt like he was being a prick about it.

Personally I thought that was unfair, but I understand where it came from.

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Offline TheCountOfNYC

« Reply #1431 on: August 29, 2017, 02:13:13 AM »

This was what people said when they wrote Angel of Death. To paraphrase Jeff Hanneman: "We didn't say the actions were bad because we felt we shouldn't have to".
People figured out that the white thing that comes out of cows' titties could be drunk, and the relation between sweet desires and women's bellies growing up for 9 months. It can't be THAT hard to figure out how a trumpet works.”

-MirrorMask

Offline IDontNotDoThings

« Reply #1432 on: August 29, 2017, 04:08:16 AM »
ドリームシアターはあまり好きではありませんが、ペンと紙を持っていたので、なんてこった。

Offline the keyboard wizard

« Reply #1433 on: August 29, 2017, 06:01:28 AM »
Here is our exclusive interview of Derek Sherinian. Enjoy!
https://blog.yourmajesty.net/2017/08/29/interview-in-english-derek-sherinian/
Admin and manager of the French Chapter of Dream Theater World: Your Majesty (one of the first DT fan clubs)

Offline Kwyjibo

• Worse troll than Blabbermouth
« Reply #1434 on: August 29, 2017, 06:20:15 AM »
Sons Of Apollo is going to generate ten times the heat that any of the other projects/bands that we are in, all other projects will quietly go by the wayside and put on « hiatus ».

This is a bold statement by Derek. I can't imagine Sons Of Apollo to generate more "heat" in terms of money than Mr. Big. And I can't imagine Mike putting the Neal Morse Band and Flying Colours on hiatus, although Neal Morse would probably carry on without him one way or the other.
Must've been Kwyji sending all the wrong songs.   ;D