Author Topic: Dream Theater: The Astonishing (now with moment of betrayal!)  (Read 1200910 times)

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: Dream Theater: The Astonishing
« Reply #2100 on: November 30, 2015, 07:01:20 PM »
So wikipedia has the album release date of Jan 29th. Has this been confirmed by the band? Or is it just nonsense someone made up on wikipedia?

Seems like every album release cycle, I have to point out that even if this is the planned release date, that information is at least a month old, and we are still a good 2 months away from that date.  In the last 12 weeks before an album release, it is VERY common for the release date to be changed.  And sometimes it changes more than once.

Then please let the release date change to early January  :hefdaddy

Um, that's not going to happen.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline chego_voice

• Jose "Chego" Cabrices
« Reply #2101 on: November 30, 2015, 07:27:22 PM »
so much silence...
"Remember the death is not the end"..."The Spirit Carries On"

Offline liran95

« Reply #2102 on: December 01, 2015, 12:51:19 AM »
Ok guys. So, I've been thinking about it for a while now, and I think I FINALLY GET IT.

So char8 stands in front of a clock, right?
And it already came up that clock guy is just trolling us with his theories. Okay, bare with me cause this is where it gets complicated:

Clock guy is actually JP trying to tell us the actual theme of the album.
Since Gabriel is known as an angel in religous beliefs, and adding that to the clock thing, I think it's now safe to say:

CLOCKWORK ANGELS PART 2 CONFIRMED   :hefdaddy :hefdaddy :hefdaddy

Offline The Curious Orange

• Lord of the Night
« Reply #2103 on: December 01, 2015, 01:43:35 AM »
The beginning of that second clip sounds like he could be in some kind of cove...HEAVEN'S COVE ALMOST......

OMG! STAIRWAY TO HEAVEN PART TWO CONFIRMED!!!!
"And if love remains, though everything is lost,
We will pay the price, but we will not count the cost..."

Offline The Stray Seed

• There is no greater Evil than the indifference of Good men.
  • non mihi, non tibi, sed Nobis.
« Reply #2104 on: December 01, 2015, 02:38:51 AM »
So wikipedia has the album release date of Jan 29th. Has this been confirmed by the band? Or is it just nonsense someone made up on wikipedia?

Seems like every album release cycle, I have to point out that even if this is the planned release date, that information is at least a month old, and we are still a good 2 months away from that date.  In the last 12 weeks before an album release, it is VERY common for the release date to be changed.  And sometimes it changes more than once.

Then please let the release date change to early January  :hefdaddy

Why not today?

Offline RoeDent

• 2006 Time Magazine Person of the Year
« Reply #2105 on: December 01, 2015, 05:01:10 AM »
Tbh, now the full tracklist is out, I don't really care for the character/map reveals. I just want to know when I can buy the album, what some of it sounds like, what the cover looks like, and how long the songs are. That's all.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
« Reply #2106 on: December 01, 2015, 05:06:46 AM »
Tbh, now the full tracklist is out, I don't really care for the character/map reveals. I just want to know when I can buy the album, what some of it sounds like, what the cover looks like, and how long the songs are. That's all.

Ditto. I couldn't care less about a map or a picture of a character. My interest is minimal until I hear some music now.
By the looks of DT side, I think many people are getting restless at this point. :lol
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Offline Cyclopssss

• Vocal Dinosaur pre-heat combustable
  • Connoseur of love
« Reply #2107 on: December 01, 2015, 05:40:20 AM »
Don't know if this'll get me banned, but local online vendour says 29-1-2016 is releasedate. TA.
From the ocean comes the notion that the realise lies in rhythm. The rhythm of vision is dancer, and when you dance you´re always on the one. From the looking comes to see, wondrous realise real eyes....

Offline Lucien

• James 5:1-5
« Reply #2108 on: December 01, 2015, 06:08:14 AM »
Don't know if this'll get me banned, but local online vendour says 29-1-2016 is releasedate. TA.

If that ends up being the actual date, I don't think any of us will be surprised.
"Kind of a stupid game, isn't it?" - Calvin

Offline CDrice

• I do art stuff
« Reply #2109 on: December 01, 2015, 06:20:04 AM »
Ditto. I couldn't care less about a map or a picture of a character. My interest is minimal until I hear some music now.
By the looks of DT side, I think many people are getting restless at this point. :lol

I was (the only) one that was excited to see Arhys, but yeah at this point it's hard to feel excited for characters and locations we know nothing about. That could change though, if they release some more background story where they drop hints about new characters or places that play an important part in the story.

If they don't, I think the only other thing that could keep the updates interesting to me is if some unusual things are revealed. Like a big chunk of land randomly missing in the middle of the map or a character that is non-human (or is showing non-human features)

Online ZirconBlue

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2110 on: December 01, 2015, 06:56:16 AM »

The first of Icosikaiheptember?   ;)

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #2111 on: December 01, 2015, 08:23:26 AM »

If so, then people need to grow an attention span (not to mention some gratitude, given how much information has been released and is scheduled to be released).  But patience will be rewarded.  ...especially this week.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline Panar

• Caught In A Web
« Reply #2112 on: December 01, 2015, 08:29:08 AM »
...especially this week!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline mikemangioy

• do feel free to spool through.
« Reply #2113 on: December 01, 2015, 08:29:15 AM »
I like Bosk's updates more than the recent ones from the band.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2015, 08:36:55 AM by mikemangioy »
Because Mike is better than Mike

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2114 on: December 01, 2015, 08:49:39 AM »

If so, then people need to grow an attention span (not to mention some gratitude, given how much information has been released and is scheduled to be released).  But patience will be rewarded.  ...especially this week.

It's not as much information as it seems, it's mostly just drawn out over a long time. It doesn't usually take them a span of a week or two to reveal the song titles, and the rest is beyond trivial stuff to me. Until I hear actual music, I don't see my excitement or expectations improving at all.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2015, 09:03:52 AM by BlobVanDam »

Offline SystematicThought

• DTF.org Member
  • Carpe Diem-2020
« Reply #2115 on: December 01, 2015, 09:05:50 AM »
I took a bit of issue with this until I read your small print. Then I got really excited. Thanks Bosk!
God have mercy on a man
Who doubts what he's sure of.
-Bruce Springsteen

Offline MajorBoobage

« Reply #2116 on: December 01, 2015, 09:16:00 AM »
It seems that they're entering an area of extreme hazard. A zone of some sort. A dangerous one.

Offline Enigmachine

« Reply #2117 on: December 01, 2015, 09:21:41 AM »
...especially this week!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:metal

Offline SuperTaco

• why do I still exist
  • doomed to fail
« Reply #2118 on: December 01, 2015, 09:39:24 AM »
I decided I'm going to listen to the entirety of DT12 the day before The Astonishing comes out, to truly get a sense of how they have evolved. Maybe even ADTOE as well..

It's easy for me to stay patient between updates because I know there has been at least one every week (usually two). I trust in whatever their release schedule is, and we know it's being released in approximately two months. That means the final two months of buildup will contain the best information and the juiciest teasers. From here on in, it only gets more exciting and I can't wait to see what we find out this week. :)
So fking tired of being an oversensitive naive moronic fkin bitch. I CANT STOP IT. I CANT CHANGE. IM STUCK. This world eats me alive. My purpose is simply to be what others shouldn't be. A shriveled fking beacon of sad energy. I have lost. I am lost.

Offline Lucien

• James 5:1-5
« Reply #2119 on: December 01, 2015, 09:39:57 AM »
I predict a video.
"Kind of a stupid game, isn't it?" - Calvin

Offline SuperTaco

• why do I still exist
  • doomed to fail
« Reply #2120 on: December 01, 2015, 09:47:25 AM »
I predict a video.

I predict that those NOMAC eyes will lead us to something. I still click them a lot...  :lol
So fking tired of being an oversensitive naive moronic fkin bitch. I CANT STOP IT. I CANT CHANGE. IM STUCK. This world eats me alive. My purpose is simply to be what others shouldn't be. A shriveled fking beacon of sad energy. I have lost. I am lost.

Offline Bertielee

• RIP, Dad (1935-2017)
« Reply #2121 on: December 01, 2015, 09:48:24 AM »

It's not as much information as it seems, it's mostly just drawn out over a long time. It doesn't usually take them a span of a week or two to reveal the song titles, and the rest is beyond trivial stuff to me. Until I hear actual music, I don't see my excitement or expectations improving at all.

And Grumpy strikes again! :biggrin:

B.Lee
"Life is divided into two sets of people : people who have lost and people who haven't yet." George Michael

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2122 on: December 01, 2015, 09:53:05 AM »

B.Lee

That was a very useful addition to this conversation! :biggrin:

Offline Bertielee

• RIP, Dad (1935-2017)
« Reply #2123 on: December 01, 2015, 10:12:18 AM »

B.Lee

That was a very useful addition to this conversation! :biggrin:

It was only in jest.

I for one am really happy at the way things are turning out. So any update is good for me.

B.Lee
"Life is divided into two sets of people : people who have lost and people who haven't yet." George Michael

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2124 on: December 01, 2015, 10:15:12 AM »
It was only in jest.

Mine was supposed to be.

I am not grumpy. :(

Offline jdprsaga

« Reply #2125 on: December 01, 2015, 10:19:26 AM »
maybe it'll be the tracks length.. I would be more than happy with that

Offline Nomaniac

• Long Live Dream Theater!!!
  • Dream Theater Fanatic
« Reply #2126 on: December 01, 2015, 10:20:45 AM »
I agree. The lengths are what I'm most interested to see at this point (though any update is fine) ;D
"Through Nature's Inflexible Grace, I'm Learning To Live"

Offline Nomaniac

• Dream Theater Fanatic
« Reply #2127 on: December 01, 2015, 10:24:48 AM »

Yeah . . . sorry if I'm sounding ungrateful, most of my hype has been in joke . . .

Great to hear btw! :biggrin:

Offline Nomaniac

• Dream Theater Fanatic
« Reply #2128 on: December 01, 2015, 10:28:46 AM »
Ok guys. So, I've been thinking about it for a while now, and I think I FINALLY GET IT.

So char8 stands in front of a clock, right?
And it already came up that clock guy is just trolling us with his theories. Okay, bare with me cause this is where it gets complicated:

Clock guy is actually JP trying to tell us the actual theme of the album.
Since Gabriel is known as an angel in religous beliefs, and adding that to the clock thing, I think it's now safe to say:

CLOCKWORK ANGELS PART 2 CONFIRMED   :hefdaddy :hefdaddy :hefdaddy

The beginning of that second clip sounds like he could be in some kind of cove...HEAVEN'S COVE ALMOST......

OMG! STAIRWAY TO HEAVEN PART TWO CONFIRMED!!!!

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Stairway To Clockwork Angels Heaven Pt. 2: The Astonishing :lol :rollin

Offline wolven74

• DTF.org Alumni
  • My body is not well
« Reply #2129 on: December 01, 2015, 11:22:22 AM »
I agree. The lengths are what I'm most interested to see at this point (though any update is fine) ;D

I could agree with this, though I'm wondering if maybe this release won't have ALL the track lengths. There's a good chance, with this being a rock opera, that some of the shorter tracks could be spoken parts ala Queensryche's Operation Mindcrime, hence only seconds long.

Then again, if there are spoken parts like Mindcrime, those could be combined with other tracks.... who knows?
Everything is immaterial. Do you know that reality is immaterial? This is not reality.
In what friggin' universe is a 68 minute long album "short"?

Offline noxon

• Fan Club Professional
« Reply #2130 on: December 01, 2015, 12:06:36 PM »
I reiterate: Track lengths have _NEVER EVER_ been released by the band.

Offline Nomaniac

• Dream Theater Fanatic
« Reply #2131 on: December 01, 2015, 12:08:03 PM »
Oh . . .

Sorry I've only been a hardcore DT fan since 2012 (when I was 15), I'm still learning a lot of things :lol

Offline RoeDent

• 2006 Time Magazine Person of the Year
« Reply #2132 on: December 01, 2015, 12:23:24 PM »
I reiterate: Track lengths have _NEVER EVER_ been released by the band.

They've been revealed somehow though, usually through pre-order websites such as Amazon. I've known the lengths for the last two albums several weeks before release day.

Offline BlackInk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #2133 on: December 01, 2015, 12:26:59 PM »
However it's being revealed, be it from Amazon or noxon, track lengths are what I'm most excited for too.

Offline mikeyd23

« Reply #2134 on: December 01, 2015, 12:29:28 PM »
Right, its just not usually something the band officially reveals, I don't think.

Personally, I'm much more interested in the two videos on the web page. I'm very curious to see what direction the videos take... Are they part of the story, do they support the music and will be played on screens during the live shows, are they behind-the-scenes making of the album videos? Lots of possibilities.