Author Topic: JP and JR on Eddie Trunk radio show - 18th Jan 2016  (Read 4032 times)

Offline Peter1960

JP and JR on Eddie Trunk radio show - 18th Jan 2016
« on: January 26, 2016, 12:04:58 AM »
Don't know if this has been posted already - see this link : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mr0sr1kF9qU

Interesting stuff about the new album

Offline TheGreatPretender

• The Second Dancing Turtle
  • You are reading these words.
Re: JP and JR on Eddie Trunk radio show - 18th Jan 2016
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2016, 04:04:47 AM »
I just love that they were there shooting the shit for almost a whole 2 hours. Every DT interview should be like that.
"How's that for a slice of fried gold?"

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
  • In the end we're left infinitely and utterly alone
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2016, 05:49:24 AM »
Thanks. I'm listening now.

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2016, 07:18:26 PM »
By the way, this isn't the first time I noticed this from JR, but it's the first time I noticed this from JP... Does anyone else find it strange the way they pronounce the word "because"? Like, I've never heard anyone pronounce it the way they do: "becoss".

Offline ResultsMayVary

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Go Buckeyes!
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2016, 07:26:00 PM »
By the way, this isn't the first time I noticed this from JR, but it's the first time I noticed this from JP... Does anyone else find it strange the way they pronounce the word "because"? Like, I've never heard anyone pronounce it the way they do: "becoss".
Probably just a regional accent thing. Nothing too strange.
Where would YOU be without prog?!
I'd be standing somewhere with dignity, respect, and bitches.
When Mike and Mob Unite, featuring the hit A Lawsuit in Lies

« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2016, 07:32:51 PM »

Like, Long Island?

Offline ResultsMayVary

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Go Buckeyes!
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2016, 07:35:59 PM »

Like, Long Island?
I imagine so. Is Jordan from NYC as well?

Every region has different ways of saying words. I always have people ask about how I say January, February, and other words because I sound fairly Canadian pronouncing the -uary type syllables. I'm an American, btw, but from a state that's close enough to Canada for that accent to bleed over a bit. I currently live in the southwest US, so I get a lot of looks because of my accent.
Where would YOU be without prog?!
I'd be standing somewhere with dignity, respect, and bitches.
When Mike and Mob Unite, featuring the hit A Lawsuit in Lies

Offline Vandalism

• DTF.org Alumni
  • A Voluntary Lapse of Reason
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2016, 08:05:29 PM »
The first place they mentioned for their desire of playing was India!  :metal

That's good to know for now!

:soon:
\\m// Death is the first Dancing Turtle \\m//

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2016, 09:49:41 PM »
Okay, this is not officially, and technically should not be posted.  But I will leave it for a bit even though I probably shouldn't, just because it is awesome and since the songs themselves are not part of it.  A few notes:

-The part about Trunk at RCMH was HILARIOUSLY awesome.

-Cool part about communication with Mike Portnoy and the Christmas card, etc.

-The girls calling in, and Eddie saying, "I could have Brett Michaels on and not have this many women!"  :lol
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline pcs90

« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2016, 11:21:41 PM »
I have been wondering this for a long time at least from hearing JR say it...bee-coss...I've never noticed it with JP but JR is literally the only person I have ever heard pronounce it that way, so I find it a little interesting.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2016, 05:59:39 AM »
I'm still listening but this is good.  A lot of good stuff from JP and JR, but from what was discussed in the "That Metal Show" thread, Trunk is so full of himself.  It seems half the time he is talking about himself.  Regardless, this is still great.  Lot's of great stories and insights.

Offline Rodni Demental

« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2016, 07:09:15 AM »
lol @ them being really jetlagged while writing stuff for the album and then comparing it to being high.  :rollin

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2016, 09:10:32 AM »
I'm still listening but this is good.  A lot of good stuff from JP and JR, but from what was discussed in the "That Metal Show" thread, Trunk is so full of himself.  It seems half the time he is talking about himself.  Regardless, this is still great.  Lot's of great stories and insights.

That's funny. I've never really listened to Trunk's show. Only know him from TMS. But you're right. He never stops with the "I know this guy", I've been to this place", "I did this", "I did that."
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2016, 09:13:10 AM »
Even though he did that here, it did not feel overbearing to me.  It felt more natural and an attempt to just relate to the band members' experiences with experiences of his own.  I actually felt like he did a really good job of keeping the conversation moving in an interesting direction throughout this very LONG discussions, which is not easy to do.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2016, 09:14:20 AM »
Even though he did that here, it did not feel overbearing to me. 

I don't disagree, but it was easy to see what people were talking about in the other thread.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2016, 09:15:56 AM »
Even though he did that here, it did not feel overbearing to me.  It felt more natural and an attempt to just relate to the band members' experiences with experiences of his own.  I actually felt like he did a really good job of keeping the conversation moving in an interesting direction throughout this very LONG discussions, which is not easy to do.

Well it's easy to have a long discussion when half of it is about yourself.  You can even hear the fake/awkward laughs from JP and JR on some of it.  And I'm not even saying his stories were bad, they were quite interesting, but it's not even a couple minutes into the interview and he is talking about himself.  I very much did enjoy listening to all of it, but I couldn't help but point out the fact that a large portion of that interview is about himself.

Offline Madman Shepherd

« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2016, 03:27:01 PM »
I used to kind of defend Eddie Trunk but I just can't do that anymore. Just an example; Jimmy Bain just died and he just had to tweet the next day "I hosted Jimmy Bain's last show" and later somebody asked if he died on board the cruise ship and Eddie said, "Yes, in his cabin just a few doors down from where my cabin was."  Kind of gross behavior. 

Anyway, he does manage to carry on interesting discussions when he is not obsessing over himself.  Still not finished with this one but so far its pretty interesting!

Offline ytserush

• Like clockwork...
« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2016, 06:09:35 PM »

Trunk is mixed bag. It can be great one minute and the next he's gone of the rails and I'm left shaking my head again.