Rick
1 (4.5%)
Carl
0 (0%)
Daryl
5 (22.7%)

Total Members Voted: 22

Voting closed: March 29, 2016, 10:46:01 AM

Author Topic: THE WALKING DEAD - Season 6 - Full Discussion  (Read 96440 times)

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
Re: THE WALKING DEAD - Season 6 - Full Discussion
« Reply #1120 on: June 17, 2016, 06:32:51 AM »
I've powered through all but one episode of the first 5 seasons of GOT over the last month. I've come to the conclusion that TWD really isn't that good of a show. I thought I was going to hate so many main characters getting offed so often, but it's what makes the world/show believable.

I'm going to keep watching though.

Yeah. GOT has better writers by far. And the source material is better also. I wish HBO hadn't passed on TWD as they had a crack at it before AMC, TWD would be completely different....and better IMO.

A show like the Walking Dead with no need to sell advertising slots and given freedom in regards to language and mature content would be absolutely amazing.

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1121 on: June 17, 2016, 06:39:30 AM »
That's just the thing, that's why I don't like comparing TWD with GoT even though they're the only two currently airing TV shows I've followed for the last 4 years, because you definitely cannot compare anything on HBO to anything outside of HBO, let alone a scum nouveau riche network like AMC.
I love TWD and I like GoT better but the potentials given to each to achieve quality vary radically because of the networks so I find comparing them or evaluating one based on the other very unfair.
I wouldn't want somebody with 18 kids to mow my damn lawn, based on a longstanding bias I have against crazy fucks.

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #1122 on: June 17, 2016, 06:43:53 AM »
That's just the thing, that's why I don't like comparing TWD with GoT even though they're the only two currently airing TV shows I've followed for the last 4 years, because you definitely cannot compare anything on HBO to anything outside of HBO, let alone a scum nouveau riche network like AMC.
I love TWD and I like GoT better but the potentials given to each to achieve quality vary radically because of the networks so I find comparing them or evaluating one based on the other very unfair.

I get what you're saying, but I think Breaking Bad throws a wrench in that. In my opinion, that show was just as good as anything on HBO, and proves that network TV can still produce gold.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1123 on: June 17, 2016, 07:05:27 AM »
TWD on HBO would have been very good IMO and significantly better.  There's a reason I pay for HBO and not netflix, the quality of TV shows on HBO is so good.  It is hard to compare cable vs. HBO because of the budget and restraints, but it's not impossible for a cable show to be better than an HBO show (Lost  :heart).

Online gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #1124 on: June 17, 2016, 07:09:42 AM »

I get what you're saying, but I think Breaking Bad throws a wrench in that. In my opinion, that show was just as good as anything on HBO, and proves that network TV can still produce gold.

I think the largest issue with TWD right now is that Gimple and Kirkman are battling greedy AMC head honchos. I don't see how two guys who that over the past few seasons have produced some killer episodes and story could suddenly make some of the 'mistakes' that they've made. I'd maintain that retarded 'cliffhanger' ending last season was not their idea at all......it was AMC telling them they wanted to be like GOT so make it happen.....

Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline Metro

• DTF Resident Sloth
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Random Access Sloth
« Reply #1125 on: June 17, 2016, 07:59:59 PM »
https://www.facebook.com/SpoilingDeadFans/posts/657869551034853

TL;DR - TheSpoilingDeadFans are being threatened with a lawsuit from AMC if they correctly guess who got killed in the finale.

So AMC wants discussion about the finale and for people to guess what happened, but if you guess correctly, they'll sue your ass. Smooth, AMC.

As for the identity of the victim...
One person who was part of the lineup has been noticeably absent from most of the filming. Everybody else has been seen filming except for one person. That person is https://tinyurl.com/zo64raa

This doesn't confirm it of course, but at this point I've stopped giving a shit. Idk if I'll even bother with S7. It's not worth it when there's much better shows out there and a comic that blows it out of the water.

Offline orcus116

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #1126 on: June 17, 2016, 08:19:17 PM »
Has anyone involved with the show actually come out and admitted how badly they fucked up the finale?

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1127 on: June 17, 2016, 08:25:07 PM »
Has anyone involved with the show actually come out and admitted how badly they fucked up the finale?

Kirkman and Gimple are sticking to the 'ooooh....you'll see, it's all soooooo worth it'

but at this point I've stopped giving a shit. Idk if I'll even bother with S7. It's not worth it when there's much better shows out there and a comic that blows it out of the water.

I know....I'm just so curious to see how they handle the upcoming arc of Negan vs Rick. You and I have discussed it privately a few times.....so much potential there to be awesome, but my confidence in AMC is leaking like the blood from the deer I shot last year with my 30/30 from 40 yds. 

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1128 on: June 18, 2016, 12:17:38 AM »
It is hard to compare cable vs. HBO because of the budget and restraints, but it's not impossible for a cable show to be better than an HBO show (Lost  :heart).

In recent weeks I've come to realize that Lost is not as universally despised as I thought it was, I don't know how I had that illusion just cause I personally hated it so much and have made it my go to mocking comparison for bad writing.

https://www.facebook.com/SpoilingDeadFans/posts/657869551034853

TL;DR - TheSpoilingDeadFans are being threatened with a lawsuit from AMC if they correctly guess who got killed in the finale.

So AMC wants discussion about the finale and for people to guess what happened, but if you guess correctly, they'll sue your ass. Smooth, AMC.

As for the identity of the victim...
One person who was part of the lineup has been noticeably absent from most of the filming. Everybody else has been seen filming except for one person. That person is https://tinyurl.com/zo64raa

This doesn't confirm it of course, but at this point I've stopped giving a shit. Idk if I'll even bother with S7. It's not worth it when there's much better shows out there and a comic that blows it out of the water.

I agree with you on everything except the underlined part, I have been watching tons of new shows and nothing came close to grabbing my interest, I'm still only watching GoT and TWD, but maybe you're watching some shows that I haven't came across yet.
I wouldn't want somebody with 18 kids to mow my damn lawn, based on a longstanding bias I have against crazy fucks.

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #1129 on: June 20, 2016, 08:57:23 AM »
I'm going to be so pissed if it's Glenn who dies. I won't be mad that they killed Glenn. I'll be mad that they pulled this ridiculous clusterfuck of a stunt just to do what everyone saw coming.

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1130 on: June 20, 2016, 09:03:00 AM »
I'm going to be so pissed if it's Glenn who dies. I won't be mad that they killed Glenn. I'll be mad that they pulled this ridiculous clusterfuck of a stunt just to do what everyone saw coming.

It's gonna be him.....but I think the 'hard left turn' from the comics they've said happens is that Negan is going to kill more than one person, probably Abraham also. It's like they are trying to be too smart for their own good. Just stop trying to be all crafty and what not and tell the friggin' story that's in the comics already....it's near perfect for the genre. Dress it up a bit but stop trying to reinvent it.

Offline Metro

• DTF Resident Sloth
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Random Access Sloth
« Reply #1131 on: July 15, 2016, 10:58:43 PM »
Yeah so we know who dies

SpoilingDeadFans just confirmed it, but I'll post it here if anyone still gives a shit.

Read at your own risk folks, though it really shouldn't be a surprise.
https://tinyurl.com/zkol9sr

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
  • Ashes to ashes, fun to funky.
« Reply #1132 on: July 16, 2016, 12:03:51 AM »
 :eek :eek :eek :eek :eek

Not.

DTP says "WOW, LOOK AT THAT GREAT POST"
RIP DTP.

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1133 on: July 16, 2016, 08:23:20 AM »
Yeah so we know who dies

SpoilingDeadFans just confirmed it, but I'll post it here if anyone still gives a shit.

Read at your own risk folks, though it really shouldn't be a surprise.
https://tinyurl.com/zkol9sr

Yeah....really no surprise there. My post above your's I guessed Glenn and Abraham. I'm guessing it'll go down that it's Abraham first.....the whole "taking it like a champ"...deal, then Glenn gets out of line again either running over to Abraham or something. Negan already warned him once, so he won't let that slide again.

I don't really mind any longer...I'm not as ticked about the way they did it anymore...time heals all wounds I guess. I'm just anxious/looking forward to seeing how this goes with Negan and the 'all out war' arc. Like you and I have talked about a couple times....there's real potential there to have some great television. My only worry now is that AMC gets in the way.

Offline orcus116

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #1134 on: July 16, 2016, 05:44:03 PM »
So they're essentially making up for not offing Abraham with the arrow but sort of messing with Negan's character? I thought the whole point was Negan was laying down some ground rules by killing only one of their group as killing two would take away one more able bodied person in his group.

Offline Metro

• DTF Resident Sloth
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Random Access Sloth
« Reply #1135 on: July 16, 2016, 06:01:03 PM »
So they're essentially making up for not offing Abraham with the arrow but sort of messing with Negan's character? I thought the whole point was Negan was laying down some ground rules by killing only one of their group as killing two would take away one more able bodied person in his group.

I've heard that he kills Abe first, then someone lashes out and Negan kills Glenn. idk if it's Glenn that lashes out again.
They did kill a lot of Negan's men so I think 2 deaths is reasonable.

Offline kaos2900

« Reply #1136 on: July 18, 2016, 06:54:12 AM »
Not a surprise. That being said, it's still fucking stupid to not end the season showing this. Seeing Maggie screaming and cutting to black would have been super powerful. Oh well, I'm still trying to decide if I want to keep watching.

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #1137 on: July 18, 2016, 07:25:24 AM »
How do we know that spoiler is legit? I'm not surprised by it, but all it is is an image of a few words on imgur. Is there a more credible source?

I read that at some point between Abraham and Glenn getting whacked, Daryl steps out of line (literally) and they take him prisoner and force him to eat dog food sandwiches.

Offline Metro

• DTF Resident Sloth
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Random Access Sloth
« Reply #1138 on: July 18, 2016, 07:29:05 AM »
How do we know that spoiler is legit? I'm not surprised by it, but all it is is an image of a few words on imgur. Is there a more credible source?

SpoilingDeadFans just confirmed it

https://www.facebook.com/SpoilingDeadFans/posts/674779446010530

They've been correct about every spoiler they've posted since S2. I see no reason to doubt them now.

Plus, They're almost done with the first half of the season. Michael Cudlitz and Steven Yeun haven't been seen on set since filming for episode 1. Explain that.

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #1139 on: July 18, 2016, 07:31:51 AM »

They've been correct about every spoiler they've posted since S2. I see no reason to doubt them now.

Plus, Michael Cudlitz and Steven Yeun haven't been seen on set since filming for episode 1. They're almost done with filming the first half of the season. Explain that.

Part of me wants all of this to leak to everyone and completely ruin AMC's little stunt.

Offline kaos2900

« Reply #1140 on: July 18, 2016, 07:51:15 AM »
I'm pretty sure it will. Unless they leaked the leak to throw everyone off of the trail and Darryl really dies.

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1141 on: July 18, 2016, 08:11:03 AM »

Plus, Michael Cudlitz and Steven Yeun haven't been seen on set since filming for episode 1. They're almost done with filming the first half of the season. Explain that.

Part of me wants all of this to leak to everyone and completely ruin AMC's little stunt.

Yeah.....they need something to put their Ego in check....and by 'they' I mean the AMC brass. I have a hard time believing the entire stunt was just a Gimple/Kirkman idea. I have no doubt that they were led in that direction by the guys who sign their checks.

I'm over the anger I had about it....I'll be watching like always. I still like the show and story but was definitely put off by the cheesy false Glenn death and the 'cliff hanger'. I'm hoping the backlash they received sunk in and they return to just telling the story without the gimmicks.

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #1142 on: July 18, 2016, 08:26:32 AM »
I know it's pretty immature, but I'm torrenting the first episode so I don't contribute to the ratings.

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
« Reply #1143 on: July 18, 2016, 08:32:43 AM »
 :| ....yyyyyep.. I mean, if you wanna watch it, watch it. It's not like that one person viewership drop/increase is going to affect anything at all; at this point it's pretty obvious that, barring a massive drop this season in the ratings, nothing drastic is changing anytime soon.

But uh...yeah, rock on.

Or maybe they'll be like "FFFFFFFFFUCK that Brian guy stopped watching. SHOWS OVER, PEOPLE!" :P

RIP DTP.

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #1144 on: July 18, 2016, 08:52:11 AM »
:| ....yyyyyep.. I mean, if you wanna watch it, watch it. It's not like that one person viewership drop/increase is going to affect anything at all; at this point it's pretty obvious that, barring a massive drop this season in the ratings, nothing drastic is changing anytime soon.

But uh...yeah, rock on.

Or maybe they'll be like "FFFFFFFFFUCK that Brian guy stopped watching. SHOWS OVER, PEOPLE!" :P

If a million people collectively did it, the network would 100% notice.

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1145 on: July 18, 2016, 09:00:23 AM »

But uh...yeah, rock on.

They already know they're in trouble. The Gold Mine eventually runs out of Gold ya know:

https://www.fool.com/investing/2016/07/15/amc-networks-downgraded-3-reasons-amc-could-be-a-d.aspx

Online ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #1146 on: July 18, 2016, 09:47:48 AM »
If the spoiler is accurate then it's pretty dumb to have made it a "cliff-hanger" at all, as there's nothing remotely unexpected about it. :lol

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #1147 on: July 18, 2016, 09:49:49 AM »
If the spoiler is accurate then it's pretty dumb to have made it a "cliff-hanger" at all, as there's nothing remotely unexpected about it. :lol

That's because they weren't trying to surprise us or make a good story. They're just fishing for that "TWD Premiere Sets New Ratings Record" headline.

Online ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #1148 on: July 18, 2016, 09:54:20 AM »

That's because they weren't trying to surprise us or make a good story. They're just fishing for that "TWD Premiere Sets New Ratings Record" headline.
Yeah. Like you, I'm not going to watch the premiere anywhere official. Not sure AMC even cares about ratings in the UK, but still. :P

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1149 on: July 18, 2016, 10:17:21 AM »

Yeah....that's the puzzling thing about it. That's where the frustration comes in because then it exposes AMC for just trying to fleece their audience for ratings.....an audience that ALREADY gives them record breaking ratings. They didn't need to do that.

Offline faizoff

« Reply #1150 on: July 18, 2016, 10:18:00 AM »
I swore off watching the show live not because of that ending but due to the sheer amount of commercials. No thank you, never doing that again. I don't have an emotional connection to the show as I once did so I think I'll be fine watching it later.
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
« Reply #1151 on: July 18, 2016, 11:06:47 AM »

But uh...yeah, rock on.

They already know they're in trouble. The Gold Mine eventually runs out of Gold ya know:

https://www.fool.com/investing/2016/07/15/amc-networks-downgraded-3-reasons-amc-could-be-a-d.aspx

Oh, absolutely. I'm not talking about a million people, Chino, I'm talking about you; and you're not going to rally people (at least not with a statement like that).  :lol I was responding to your own decision, which won't have an impact one way or another. People love to use umbrella statements to justify their singular impact (mostly in reference to voting) like "Well a bunch of singles add up" but I'm not talking about the collective and your own +1/-1 isn't going to do anything at all, that was my point. It's apparent it'll go downhill over time and if they keep this up, it'll go downhill even faster. But people aren't going to rally behind Chino; it'll be an eventual decline because of the show.

Anyway, yeah it's kind of a 'no shit' thought by now that the rating will decline eventually, it's just a matter of when at this point. It's been going for ages now and it's been a roller coaster of ups and down in quality, direction and pacing. I'm actually pretty surprised it's still as popular as it is.

RIP DTP.

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni

Offline Metro

• DTF Resident Sloth
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Random Access Sloth
« Reply #1153 on: July 22, 2016, 02:51:08 PM »
Season 7 Trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SmUz88zoIg0&feature=youtu.be

As expected, no new footage of anyone involved in the lineup. Not that it matters since we know who dies.

But we get our first look at Ezekiel....who has a tiger....

I thought that was ridiculous in the comics and I feel the same way about the show. Yes it's a show about zombies and stranger things have happened, but this, idk. It's a bit too out there and looks silly. Oh well.

Also, should we rename this the Season 7 thread or start a new thread?

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #1154 on: July 22, 2016, 05:24:39 PM »
That tiger looked like it was on another planet. At least it wasn't CGI though.