Rick
1 (4.5%)
Carl
0 (0%)
Daryl
5 (22.7%)

Total Members Voted: 22

Voting closed: March 29, 2016, 10:46:01 AM

Author Topic: THE WALKING DEAD - Season 6 - Full Discussion  (Read 96447 times)

Offline kaos2900

Re: THE WALKING DEAD - Season 6 - Full Discussion
« Reply #1050 on: April 06, 2016, 07:19:54 AM »
So I caved and watched the episode after some persuasion from the wife. I'm not sure if it was becasue I had a couple of days to bitch and moan about the cliff hanger or what but I actually didn't mind the cliff hanger. The climax of the episode what the bat smash not necessarily the reactions of the people or even who was killed. I still think they should have finished the scene but I'm not as pissed about after watching the whole episode. They really did a great job building up to the moment with the constant road blocks. I do hope that the person who dies is someone from the van. It's been too long since a major character has been killed and there are too many bit players at the moment. They also need to make room for a bunch of new characters so we'll see.

The thing I was disappointed in was Neegan. The portrayal just didn't do it for me. I didn't find him all that likable or terrifying. I think if the show was on HBO we'd get a Neegan resembling the character from the comics but I think they are going to have to work with the watered down Neegan and hopefully they find a way to make that work and not turn him into another governor.

I'm still at an impasse on the show. Half the time it's brilliant and half the time it's maddening. I think I'm going to just wait and binge going forward but we'll see. I've come to terms that this show is just not ever going to be great for me and I'm not going to expect to be any more. Luckily there is still Game of Thrones.

Offline Big Hath

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #1051 on: April 06, 2016, 08:29:58 AM »
Do you think people reacted this way when JR got shot?

Kind of hard to compare since there wasn't social media at the time, but people went bananas when that happened.  For some perspective, the resolution episode the next season was watched by almost 90 million viewers and is the second most watched show in US TV history (audience share).
Winger would be better!

. . . and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1052 on: April 06, 2016, 08:46:18 AM »
A lot of people are saying it wouldn't matter who dies as long it's not Rick, Carl, Glenn or Daryl, the people from season 1, I actually like Abraham a lot and would hate it if he died, Eugene as well but not as much.
I don't believe the FPV was a hint, just a cool visual to start acts with.
I wouldn't want somebody with 18 kids to mow my damn lawn, based on a longstanding bias I have against crazy fucks.

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #1053 on: April 06, 2016, 08:51:47 AM »
Abraham is my favorite character by far. I'm going to be super sad if (when) he gets it.

Offline kaos2900

« Reply #1054 on: April 06, 2016, 08:56:54 AM »
I'm buying into the the theory that it was someone in the van due to the multiple first person scenes from the van. So that would be Glenn, Daryl, Rosita, or Michone. I think it's going to be Glenn or Michone and I'm leaning towards Michone. That would provide the biggest shock value to everyone and would make even more sense now that she hooked up with Rick and Carls surrogate mother.

Offline Metro

• DTF Resident Sloth
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Random Access Sloth
« Reply #1055 on: April 06, 2016, 12:01:57 PM »
Another plausible theory.
Contains spoilers about who dies at this point in the comics, so watch at your own risk.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WEX2KUI6jbs

If it is Glenn, I don't know what to think. On one hand, he's a major character and it would have a significant impact on the fans and the group. But on the other hand, it's too predictable. Why make all this fuss if you're just going to end it the exact same way as the comics?

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1056 on: April 06, 2016, 12:48:15 PM »
If it is Glenn, I don't know what to think. On one hand, he's a major character and it would have a significant impact on the fans and the group. But on the other hand, it's too predictable. Why make all this fuss if you're just going to end it the exact same way as the comics?

That's why I really don't think it can be Glenn
I wouldn't want somebody with 18 kids to mow my damn lawn, based on a longstanding bias I have against crazy fucks.

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #1057 on: April 06, 2016, 12:55:04 PM »

If the show really wanted to show off its dick size, they'd smash Maggie's head in and then Glenn's when we goes to attack Neagan. Take them both out at the same time and wrap up that aspect story.

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #1058 on: April 06, 2016, 12:58:02 PM »

If the show really wanted to show off its dick size, they'd smash Maggie's head in followed by Glenn's when we goes to attack Neagan. Take them both out at the same time and wrap up that aspect story.

Offline Mr. Ister

« Reply #1059 on: April 06, 2016, 01:00:28 PM »
If that's what indeed happens, it's a solid example of the show acting like their audience is a bunch of idiots to be manipulated and corralled for their bemusement.  The way this episode was marketed in the press, and Gimple's "hard left turn" comment, are just belittling to the audience if they're going to follow the comic exactly.

In a vacuum I would have zero problem with them following the comic, but all the tertiary stuff in the media makes it an offense.
But if the dung comes out
He shits the death upon a man
Throw them a rag
Better to save the menstruate
Then surrender tuna sea crap
Whale!

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #1060 on: April 06, 2016, 01:03:42 PM »

From the way Negan motions to his right in the final scene when speaking about cutting Carl's eye out and we know he's not killing Rick....so, that leaves Maggie, Abraham, Michonne, Daryl and Glenn. Of which...the only real 'cop out' if there is one would be Abraham if you're going for the same type of significance that the comic went for which is/was a brutal killing of a major character. Kirkman referred to the character that is being killed by him as "beloved" on TTD...and that literally could be any of them (other than Abraham). I think it's going to be Maggie or Michonne. It'd show major Balls if they killed off Michonne. It'd be a slight twist if it were Maggie.

I'm now of the opinion that it won't be Daryl specifically due to the fact that the Daryl character is an AMC product, not a Kirkman product so AMC makes a ton of $$ off of Daryl and I think they may ride that wave as long as possible. Plus, they've set a whole side story arc up between he and Dwight which could become interesting when Dwight flips on Negan as far as Daryl not trusting him so killing him off without any real resolution to that little spat would be a bummer at this point.

If it's Glenn then it makes you wonder why the  :censored they dicked around with that whole Glenn fake out earlier in the season? It'd still be a major blow to the group and fans but it'd feel almost like a cop out because as you guys mentioned....why all the fuss about it all only to do exactly what they did in the comic other than if they are trying to throw us off the scent? Besides, Gimple says the story takes a hard left turn from the comic concerning the arrival of Negan and thus far the only hard left I've seen is the lack of the 'F' Bombs....
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1061 on: April 06, 2016, 01:05:57 PM »

If the show really wanted to show off its dick size, they'd smash Maggie's head in followed by Glenn's when we goes to attack Neagan. Take them both out at the same time and wrap up that aspect story.

That'd be awesome!!! and would vindicate them a bit if they grew a pair and did that.....

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1062 on: April 06, 2016, 04:00:08 PM »
I'm buying into the the theory that it was someone in the van due to the multiple first person scenes from the van. So that would be Glenn, Daryl, Rosita, or Michone. I think it's going to be Glenn or Michone and I'm leaning towards Michone. That would provide the biggest shock value to everyone and would make even more sense now that she hooked up with Rick and Carls surrogate mother.

https://www.popsugar.com/entertainment/Walking-Dead-Theory-About-Negan-Victim-First-Person-40810133#photo-40810133

Offline Metro

• DTF Resident Sloth
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Random Access Sloth
« Reply #1063 on: April 06, 2016, 04:30:28 PM »
An open letter to Scott Gimple

https://thespoilingdeadfans.tumblr.com/post/142301185632/open-letter-to-scott-gimple

Issue 153 of the comics came out today. Here's a link if you want to read it, though it's waaaay past where we are in the show(The finale is pretty much Issue 100)
https://www.hellocomic.com/the-walking-dead/c153/p1

Now THAT'S how you properly do a cliffhanger.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2016, 05:22:38 PM by Metropolaris »

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1064 on: April 06, 2016, 06:54:12 PM »
An open letter to Scott Gimple

https://thespoilingdeadfans.tumblr.com/post/142301185632/open-letter-to-scott-gimple

I would love to know if he read(s) that and know what his reaction was, because that pretty much nailed it.

Offline Metro

• DTF Resident Sloth
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Random Access Sloth
« Reply #1065 on: April 06, 2016, 06:58:56 PM »
Oh he doesn't give a shit. He's probably jerking off to a picture of himself right now.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1066 on: April 06, 2016, 07:10:34 PM »
Oh he doesn't give a shit. He's probably jerking off to a picture of himself right now.

What sucks is I've been a huge supporter of Gimple. I think he came in and got the show back on track and actually provided some cool stories and moments. But that letter does hit some key points. It's as if he's let it all go to his head. Or, he simply doesn't have as much say as we believe and he's basically being told how to steer the show by the head honchos at AMC.

But the best part about that letter was the dude just laying into him for the "trust us" comments and exposing just how bad a decision it was to cliff hang that moment. Really well written, I'm assuming that has to be a crew member of some sort or an assistant to someone close to the show. Which makes me believe he/she would know if Gimple has truly gone all in on his ego.

Offline Lax

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #1067 on: April 07, 2016, 12:05:00 AM »
I'm not following TWD regularly, I just sometimes sit next to my wife watching it.
I kind of gave her the love for zombies bashing (movies/games), but lord I hate this show.
It looks like a old russian cars race, it's ugly, slow, has little highlights, too long, but you don't know why you're still watching.
I know I'm not a fan of too long series, I prefer a story holding in two quality seasons.

This last episode is just what I hate the most, it's so diluted it feels for me 80% filler 20% teaser trailer for season 7, "Hey what happened in the season's finale ?" "Oh, some bully killed someone".

I don't search who, because the shots can be random and scenarists could still hesitate between character to kill right now !
And I know who died in the comic.

Give us back Carol :p
EBMM JP12 Cherry Sugar + JP7 Pearl Redburst
Axe FX 2 XL+ & MFC101 MK3 & Roland EV5
Boss WL-50, Morpheus droptune, G-Lab Wowee Wah, 2x Yamaha HS7, Sennheiser HD25 SP2 & Jamhub Bedroom
https://www.facebook.com/Laxthestampede/

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #1068 on: April 07, 2016, 05:42:04 AM »

Offline faizoff

« Reply #1069 on: April 07, 2016, 08:51:05 AM »
Slightly off topic but did anyone follow the twitter exchange between Steven Yeun and the Philly Flyers? It was quite hilarious. I'd post the convo here but I can't seem to get the order right.
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1070 on: April 07, 2016, 08:58:24 AM »
Slightly off topic but did anyone follow the twitter exchange between Steven Yeun and the Philly Flyers? It was quite hilarious. I'd post the convo here but I can't seem to get the order right.

I only saw that part and it was pretty funny heh

Offline chaossystem

• We're on to your agenda, the dead-end road to nowhere.
  • Chapters unfinished, fading
« Reply #1071 on: April 08, 2016, 08:42:01 PM »
I have a very different theory: when Negan said he was going to "beat the HOLY HELL out of someone, he may have MEANT it. In other words, he didn't actually KILL anyone...
I can't stop the world from turning around, or the pull of the moon on the tide, but I don't believe that we're in this alone, I believe we're along for the ride...

Offline orcus116

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #1072 on: April 08, 2016, 08:50:35 PM »
My coworker came up with scenario where the beginning of season 7 starts with a "6 months later" type deal where it opens in Alexandria and you just see the main characters farming and collecting stuff for Negan and then you notice that one of the characters is missing with something like Maggie on the porch holding the baby and looking really sad or something similar. I could see the writers and Gimple thinking something like that is clever because it is subtle.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1073 on: April 09, 2016, 08:45:42 AM »
My coworker came up with scenario where the beginning of season 7 starts with a "6 months later" type deal where it opens in Alexandria and you just see the main characters farming and collecting stuff for Negan and then you notice that one of the characters is missing with something like Maggie on the porch holding the baby and looking really sad or something similar. I could see the writers and Gimple thinking something like that is clever because it is subtle.

They've claimed already we are picking up right where it left off....I'd be willing to bet half, if not all of the first episode for Season 7 is already shot.

I have a very different theory: when Negan said he was going to "beat the HOLY HELL out of someone, he may have MEANT it. In other words, he didn't actually KILL anyone...

Nah....the crushing skull noises compounded with the assertion from producers that someone is dead....he killed someone.

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1074 on: April 09, 2016, 11:13:08 PM »
Yeah we already know from Jeffery Dean Morgan and Greg Nicotero that the next episode picks up directly from the last episode.

Offline Rattlehead

« Reply #1075 on: April 11, 2016, 03:36:51 PM »

Nah....the crushing skull noises compounded with the assertion from producers that someone is dead....he killed someone.

Yeah, I really doubt anyone could survive getting bashed in the head that many times with that bat… then again, it wouldn't be the first time someone beat impossible odds to survive on this show  :rollin

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1076 on: April 11, 2016, 03:55:27 PM »

Yeah, I really doubt anyone could survive getting bashed in the head that many times with that bat… then again, it wouldn't be the first time someone beat impossible odds to survive on this show  :rollin

Next season....introducing...."slow" Glenn. He may not understand a word you say and might take a bit to do simple tasks.....but he can rake leaves, pick tomatoes and hang the clothes to dry and is safe from the Walkers as they just assume he's one of them......

Offline Metro

• DTF Resident Sloth
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Random Access Sloth
« Reply #1077 on: April 11, 2016, 07:53:13 PM »
Bad news. Season 7 is delayed 18,000 years

https://i.imgur.com/qQ357it.jpg

Offline Rattlehead

« Reply #1078 on: April 11, 2016, 07:53:35 PM »

Next season....introducing...."slow" Glenn. He may not understand a word you say and might take a bit to do simple tasks.....but he can rake leaves, pick tomatoes and hang the clothes to dry and is safe from the Walkers as they just assume he's one of them......

:rollin

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #1079 on: April 16, 2016, 07:20:50 PM »
Just got all the way caught up. Overall, I liked all the past few episodes, just some thoughts:

1. They killed carol's character. This back peddling and pusification is ridiculous. Just go to hell Morgan, seriously. You ruined one of my favorite characters

2. Negan was sweet.

3. Not showing who got the bat at the end was kind of weak, but what ev's. I am just looking forward to more Negan

Offline FlyingBIZKIT

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #1080 on: April 17, 2016, 09:08:30 AM »
Had no problems whatsoever with the finale and cliffhanger. Thought it was done well and makes me excited for the next season. I just think it needs to be someone really important, for it to really make a statement. If it's someone like Aaron or Rosita, it really isn't going to have that wow factor. I have a slight feeling it's Abraham, but I don't know. He's probably my favorite right now. I hope it isn't Michone, but it very well could be, since there really wasn't a lot of focus on her at the final scene, making people possibly "forget" about her at that very moment. That would be huge. Or Daryl. I like Daryl but he has never been one of my absolute favorites , though he had some cool stuff in season 6 after a lot of staying under the radar before. People that say "If Daryl dies, im DONE with this show !" kill me. I say man up and get over it.

Offline Metro

• DTF Resident Sloth
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Random Access Sloth
« Reply #1081 on: April 17, 2016, 10:05:36 AM »
My thoughts on the possibility of each character

Rick and Carl - Safe. I don't think there's any question about that.

Michonne - I think she’s safe, but it would be one hell of a twist if they do kill her. Rick just lost a "girlfriend"(they were only together for like a day or 2) earlier this season which didn’t seem to impact him much. Remember how he reacted after Lori died? Imagine if he lost Michonne, a woman who he is undoubtedly much closer with than he ever was with Lori. Wildcard.

Daryl - It should be him, but I don’t think they have the balls to kill him off. Safe

Glenn - With all the fake outs and foreshadowing, it’s possible. But at the same time, he dies at this point in the comics. It would be stupid to end this cliffhanger debacle with the comic ending. I say he’s Safe.

Maggie - I don’t think AMC would kill a pregnant woman. Also if she was picked then there’s no way that Glenn would stand by quietly. Safe

Abraham - He was willing to die for the group and Negan noticed that, but Negan doesn’t want a martyr. He’s still a possibility though because of Eeny Meeny Miney Moe. I do think it’s unlikely because in the comics, he was the one who was shot in the eye by Dwight’s arrow. I think they’ve kept him alive past that point for a reason. Wildcard.

Rosita - No one would give a shit. Safe

Eugene - They definitely set up his death in the finale, but I think it’s a red herring. Safe

Sasha - Has done literally nothing all season. Her dying now would have Zero impact. I don’t think her story is over yet. Safe

Aaron - I like the character, but it would have Zero impact. They already killed off a gay character 2 episodes ago and I think they’d want to avoid the backlash from killing another so soon. Safe.

Offline orcus116

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #1082 on: April 17, 2016, 01:50:57 PM »
Two wildcards and the rest safe. Who do you think is going to get it?

Offline Metro

• DTF Resident Sloth
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Random Access Sloth
« Reply #1083 on: April 17, 2016, 07:03:47 PM »
Honestly, I have no clue. It really could be anyone aside from the obvious safe choices.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2016, 07:11:09 PM by Metropolaris »

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #1084 on: April 18, 2016, 06:49:39 AM »

Glenn - With all the fake outs and foreshadowing, it’s possible. But at the same time, he dies at this point in the comics. It would be stupid to end this cliffhanger debacle with the comic ending. I say he’s Safe.

Maggie - I don’t think AMC would kill a pregnant woman. Also if she was picked then there’s no way that Glenn would stand by quietly. Safe

I still hope AMC grows a pair and offs them both. Neegan bashes in Maggies's head, Glenn get's up and rushes him, he gets leveled too. It'd be a pretty genius move for several reasons;

1) No one is expecting Neegan to off two main characters
2) Shock value of a pregnant lady being killed
3) The show won't have to deal with two babies
4) Having either character try and continue after the other dies will be very challenging, and maybe even a little boring. Letting them both go out together and wrapping their story lines up at the same time would be good.

Before the finale ended, we heard a lot of screams and a lot of bat hits, way more hits than would be needed to kill a person. Maybe Neegan hit more than one skull.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2016, 09:14:06 AM by Chino »