Rick
1 (4.5%)
Carl
0 (0%)
Daryl
5 (22.7%)

Total Members Voted: 22

Voting closed: March 29, 2016, 10:46:01 AM

Author Topic: THE WALKING DEAD - Season 6 - Full Discussion  (Read 95538 times)

Offline masterthes

Re: THE WALKING DEAD - Season 6 - Full Discussion
« Reply #1155 on: July 23, 2016, 10:32:16 AM »
If that's even remotely true, I don't think they'll kill Glenn outright. Maybe hurt him enough to write him out for the season so he can do the other thing he's doing

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1156 on: July 23, 2016, 04:02:53 PM »
That tiger looked like it was on another planet. At least it wasn't CGI though.

Are you being sarcastic? It totally looks CGI to me  :lol
I wouldn't want somebody with 18 kids to mow my damn lawn, based on a longstanding bias I have against crazy fucks.

Offline masterthes

« Reply #1157 on: July 23, 2016, 06:24:19 PM »
It was so CGI. Still cool though

Online Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #1158 on: July 23, 2016, 09:18:15 PM »
If it was CGI, it looked more real than the lion from Narnia. I think it was a real tiger though, just obviously filmed in a different location. The lighting was wonky.

Offline masterthes

« Reply #1159 on: July 24, 2016, 07:28:30 AM »
So, about the whole Abraham and Darryl thing, if it has any validity, it would have to be reversed to go along with Rick and Carl's reaction at the end. Remember, Neagan calls them out at the end, which probably means it's somebody they care about. They don't give a shit about Abraham really. Darryl, on the other hand

Online faizoff

« Reply #1160 on: August 25, 2016, 06:05:57 AM »
Got the season six bluray the other day and it includes an uncensored and slightly extended version of the Negan scene. I guess it's supposed to be  word for word from the comic book. I'm not really sure it fits in with the rest of the show but JDM is just as menacing.
Another two months of pretend suspense to finally find out who got the boot.

The weird thing about this bluray release is how crazy grainy it looks, I know the show has a gritty peppered look but it takes the cake this past season and can be distracting at times.
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #1161 on: August 25, 2016, 06:25:07 AM »
So, about the whole Abraham and Darryl thing, if it has any validity, it would have to be reversed to go along with Rick and Carl's reaction at the end. Remember, Neagan calls them out at the end, which probably means it's somebody they care about. They don't give a shit about Abraham really. Darryl, on the other hand

What Abraham and Daryl thing? Are you saying Daryl gets the bat too? All the spoilers I've read said that it's Glenn and Abraham, and then Daryl gets kidnapped and taken away by Neagan and crew. He's later forced to eat dog food sandwiches.

Online faizoff

« Reply #1162 on: August 25, 2016, 06:46:15 AM »
Very interesting going back to the beginning of this thread and reading the comments(mine included) of the first half of the season. Pretty much everyone's feeling were the same on how amazing it started and then just started going down after that. This graph for the series pretty much says it all how season six went down
https://graphtv.kevinformatics.com/tt1520211
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1163 on: August 25, 2016, 07:06:33 AM »
Very interesting going back to the beginning of this thread and reading the comments(mine included) of the first half of the season. Pretty much everyone's feeling were the same on how amazing it started and then just started going down after that. This graph for the series pretty much says it all how season six went down

:lol at the last dot.  Other than that last episode, it doesn't really show too much of a downward spiral.

Online faizoff

« Reply #1164 on: August 25, 2016, 07:12:34 AM »
True, it also goes to show how scattered each episode's rating has been throughout and indicating how mixed that season was as a whole.

Offline ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #1165 on: August 25, 2016, 08:35:21 AM »
Got the season six bluray the other day and it includes an uncensored and slightly extended version of the Negan scene. I guess it's supposed to be  word for word from the comic book. I'm not really sure it fits in with the rest of the show but JDM is just as menacing.

The weird thing about this bluray release is how crazy grainy it looks, I know the show has a gritty peppered look but it takes the cake this past season and can be distracting at times.
I do find it funny how American TV channels can't have any swearing. Not that there's anything inherently good about swearing, but there's nothing inherently bad either, so none at all is incredibly prudish.

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #1166 on: August 25, 2016, 08:41:34 AM »

I do find it funny how American TV channels can't have any swearing. Not that there's anything inherently good about swearing, but there's nothing inherently bad either, so none at all is incredibly prudish.

Especially when it's a show that routinely shows people screaming in agony as they get their intestines ripped out in front of their loved ones.

Offline ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #1167 on: August 25, 2016, 08:54:14 AM »

Especially when it's a show that routinely shows people screaming in agony as they get their intestines ripped out in front of their loved ones.
:lol Yeah seriously.

Extreme violence: yeah that's totally cool.
Nudity: I dunno man, not sure that's ok.
Naughty words: ABSOLUTELY NOT!

Feels maybe the wrong way round.

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #1168 on: August 25, 2016, 09:14:36 AM »

I was watching a documentary on recently discovered tribes. I don't remember if it was a Nova or Nat Geo special, but one of the researches was a lady. To acclimate/be accepted by the members of the tribe, the researchers would eat their food, participate in their rituals, etc.. The woman researcher took her top off to be barechested like every girl/woman in the tribe. They blurred out her tits but not any of the natives.  :lol

Actually, it just occurred to me that that could have been at her request, not necessarily the networks.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1169 on: August 25, 2016, 10:02:09 AM »

I was watching a documentary on recently discovered tribes. I don't remember if it was a Nova or Nat Geo special, but one of the researches was a lady. To acclimate/be accepted by the members of the tribe, the researchers would eat their food, participate in their rituals, etc.. The woman researcher took her top off to be barechested like every girl/woman in the tribe. They blurred out her tits but not any of the natives.  :lol

Actually, it just occurred to me that that could have been at her request, not necessarily the networks.

:rollin that's pretty funny

Offline Mr. Ister

« Reply #1170 on: August 25, 2016, 10:05:52 AM »

Lol outliers
But if the dung comes out
He shits the death upon a man
Throw them a rag
Better to save the menstruate
Then surrender tuna sea crap
Whale!

Offline orcus116

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #1171 on: August 25, 2016, 02:28:25 PM »

I get the feeling that nudity is more frowned upon than swearing. I mean you know how outraged us Americans get when a nipple get flashed for half a millisecond on TV.

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #1172 on: August 25, 2016, 02:38:19 PM »

I get the feeling that nudity is more frowned upon than swearing. I mean you know how outraged us Americans get when a nipple get flashed for half a millisecond on TV.

That's because it makes kids hang themselves from jungle gyms and jump in front of ice cream trucks. Somebody's got to think of the children.

Online faizoff

« Reply #1173 on: September 05, 2016, 01:52:23 PM »
I think I've decided to watch this show until the Negan arc concludes, after that I think I'm going to bail and maybe just read the comics. I seem to recall reading that they(showrunners/AMC) probably plan to do this show for another 12-14 seasons, I really don't think I'd be able to stay interested in the characters for that long. Another rumor I read was that they plan to franchise this show like they do with Law & Order, etc.. and have various spinoffs should Kirkman come up with them. Whether that happens or not, I'm not going to bother.

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #1174 on: September 06, 2016, 12:09:35 PM »
The Negan arc is friggin' awesome in the comic....especially the 'All Out War' story arc. And, Negan is the best thing about the comic right now IMO. He's a really cool character that on one hand is so charismatic and likable and on the other just outright evil. I really hope that they can nail him on the TV show....I thought JDM did a good job as Negan in the brief screen time he was allotted in season 6.
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind