Rick
1 (4.5%)
Carl
0 (0%)
Daryl
5 (22.7%)

Total Members Voted: 22

Voting closed: March 29, 2016, 10:46:01 AM

Author Topic: THE WALKING DEAD - Season 6 - Full Discussion  (Read 96449 times)

Online Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
Re: THE WALKING DEAD - Season 6 - Full Discussion
« Reply #1015 on: April 05, 2016, 06:56:30 AM »
*disregard*

Offline Metro

• DTF Resident Sloth
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Random Access Sloth
« Reply #1016 on: April 05, 2016, 07:05:36 AM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=McU1XVbnBVs

For those that didn't know, the POV scene leaked back in November. This doesn't confirm anything about who got killed, but the leaked audio leads me to believe it's Glenn.

...Which is exactly who it was in the comics at this scene. Why would they leave us hanging for 6 months just have it end exactly as the comics. God, I hate the people in charge of this show...

Online Zydar

• Creep With Tonality
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1017 on: April 05, 2016, 07:44:07 AM »
Ricks' "fuck" chart.

Zydar is my new hero.  I just laughed so hard I nearly shat.

Offline Zantera

• Wolfman's brother
  • DTF.org Member
  • Bouncing around the room
« Reply #1018 on: April 05, 2016, 08:01:04 AM »
You just know season 7 is gonna start with a flashback or carol/morgan episode, because the writers know they can get away with it

Offline ChuckSteak

« Reply #1019 on: April 05, 2016, 08:03:12 AM »
Are people disappointed because they have to wait 6 months to know who will die or because there is a possibility they won't show the scene like it is in the comics?

If they show Negan killing on the next episode of the next season, will they be satisfied then?

I don't think the season finale was that good, but I also don't understand why people are soooooooo disappointed. Obviously they ended in this cliffhanger to get more viewers for the next season, and they will. But if they show everything on the next episode and make it exactly like in the comics, then what is the fucking problem? The 6 months wait?

I can say with certainty that most people who are crying and complaining now will be watching the season 7 in october, even if they claim they won't.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2016, 08:08:27 AM by ChuckSteak »

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1020 on: April 05, 2016, 08:08:27 AM »
I’m undecided on whether TWD hates its viewers. It definitely feels disdain for them to think this finale would deliver in any of the traditional ways a TV drama can satiate us. And I would love to know what’s going through the heads of showrunner Scott Gimple and the writing team right now. It’s easy to think they’re under the misguided impression that this is quality TV. But it also could be a big joke, that the fanbase will just accept anything at this point.

https://www.theverge.com/2016/4/4/11359386/the-walking-dead-season-6-episode-16-last-day-on-earth-recap
I wouldn't want somebody with 18 kids to mow my damn lawn, based on a longstanding bias I have against crazy fucks.

Offline faizoff

« Reply #1021 on: April 05, 2016, 09:02:59 AM »
A lot of the same thoughts on my mind and I'm sure millions of others.
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Offline Mr. Ister

« Reply #1022 on: April 05, 2016, 09:36:36 AM »
I have an unrelated question to the finale.  Did the show ever explain the origin of the zombies cut in half and strewn about that we saw at (I think?) the beginning of season 6?  Or was it the second half of season 5?  It seemed to just indicate "bad guys are around, lols" but was there ever any explanation for that?
But if the dung comes out
He shits the death upon a man
Throw them a rag
Better to save the menstruate
Then surrender tuna sea crap
Whale!

Offline Metro

• DTF Resident Sloth
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Random Access Sloth
« Reply #1023 on: April 05, 2016, 09:42:46 AM »
I have an unrelated question to the finale.  Did the show ever explain the origin of the zombies cut in half and strewn about that we saw at (I think?) the beginning of season 6?  Or was it the second half of season 5?  It seemed to just indicate "bad guys are around, lols" but was there ever any explanation for that?

Wolves

Online Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #1024 on: April 05, 2016, 09:43:30 AM »
Are people disappointed because they have to wait 6 months to know who will die or because there is a possibility they won't show the scene like it is in the comics?

I'm disappointed because AMC's actions, especially this season, have made the show a lot less fun as a fan. I don't need a cliff hanger like this to keep me watching, and I think the majority of TWD's fanbase feels the same. I felt like I was stroking my cock for an hour leading up to the end of this episode, only to have my dick cut off and given a serious case of blue balls. I hate feeling like a fool, and AMC is turning TWD into the click bait of television. I understand the need to retain viewership and that the main priority of any show anywhere is to generate revenue, but that can be accomplished without doing what AMC is doing. I love this show. I really do. I've been watching since the first episode and have bought plenty of its merchandise. Shit, I choose not to torrent this show and instead watch it on AMC.com with commercials so the show earns some money. I feel like I've held up my end of the bargain as a fan and AMC simply doesn't give a shit.

Offline kaos2900

« Reply #1025 on: April 05, 2016, 10:54:44 AM »

I'm disappointed because AMC's actions, especially this season, have made the show a lot less fun as a fan. I don't need a cliff hanger like this to keep me watching, and I think the majority of TWD's fanbase feels the same. I felt like I was stroking my cock for an hour leading up to the end of this episode, only to have my dick cut off and given a serious case of blue balls. I hate feeling like a fool, and AMC is turning TWD into the click bait of television. I understand the need to retain viewership and that the main priority of any show anywhere is to generate revenue, but that can be accomplished without doing what AMC is doing. I love this show. I really do. I've been watching since the first episode and have bought plenty of its merchandise. Shit, I choose not to torrent this show and instead watch it on AMC.com with commercials so the show earns some money. I feel like I've held up my end of the bargain as a fan and AMC simply doesn't give a shit.

Pretty much this for me. But the biggest issue for me is that from a story telling perspective it takes away all of emotion and just doesn't make sense.

Online Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #1026 on: April 05, 2016, 11:05:54 AM »
The Onion AV Club nailed it.

"When you’re telling a story, you want your audience to keep watching, so sometimes you use tricks to keep them watching, but the promise between you and your viewers is that those tricks will never get in the way of the story itself. The tricks will never become the point. But for The Walking Dead, the tricks are all that’s left." -- The Onion AV Club review

Online Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #1027 on: April 05, 2016, 11:07:42 AM »
The other reason why this has pissed me off so much is because there's no way it isn't going to leak before next season. Everyone is going to know who got the bat way before watching the episode.

Offline faizoff

« Reply #1028 on: April 05, 2016, 12:32:02 PM »
Director Greg Nicotero has another analogy for disappointed fans as well  ::)

ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY: I’m guessing you all had to know that this was going to anger some people to have to wait over 6 months to find out who is on the receiving end of that bat, right?

GREG NICOTERO: I remember sitting in the theater watching Empire Strikes Back and having Darth Vader say “I am your father” and I was shocked and amazed, and I don’t remember being angry. I don’t remember saying, “Oh, I give up on Star Wars because that’s lame.” It’s an exciting time to be a fan of The Walking Dead. Yeah, it’s agonizing to have to wait, but this was the end of our story, and we have an entirely new story coming up.
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Offline Big Hath

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #1029 on: April 05, 2016, 12:33:52 PM »
that . . . doesn't even make sense
Winger would be better!

. . . and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

Online Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #1030 on: April 05, 2016, 12:34:36 PM »
He couldn't have answered that any worse if he tried.

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
  • Ashes to ashes, fun to funky.
« Reply #1031 on: April 05, 2016, 12:35:03 PM »
I haven't even watched the last two episodes and I'm contemplating waiting until October to do so. The show has become more and more one of those 'best binged' shows and it seems like it's magnified ten fold now. I am a bit tickled that what came to light is exactly what I thought regarding both the show and the fans. I'm not surprised, not even annoyed, it was just what was going to happen. Quite frankly, the outrage is a bit drama queen-ish. The old "fool me once" saying comes to mind. I get being annoyed at the fact that the people running the show are now more or less bending the viewers over, but if people are this outraged and throwing temper tantrums...it's time to either face the facts that this is what the show is, or get a new hobby.

I'm still going to watch the show and while I'm not happy per se about how the show is run at this point, I've also accepted that for abooouuut...two or three seasons now, it has been blatantly, clearly obvious that this is what it is now. Granted, this is the cherry on top but the indications have been clear, as have the reactions from fans regarding certain points in the seasons; but "This is the new world". Harhar. But really. Accept it or...y'know, die of a heart attack due to a show. Either way, AMC will make their money and laugh all the way to the bank. In some ways, I applaud them. They know. They know so well that they can fuck the viewers in their buttholes and that they'll still have a tremendous amount of viewership the next season. That isn't on AMC at that point, it's on the viewers who throw fits every time this happens and then come back expecting different. Watching it casually and knowing we're going to get what we'll get will make the show much easier to swallow when things like this happen. Throwing a fit of rage after the tenth time of being pants'd is just funny. At some point, you just gotta know to expect it or get caught with your pants down.

That said, I do agree with that Onion review quote. That pretty much hits the nail on the head. Disappointing, but like I said...either accept that or move on. Vote with your wallet (or I guess in this case your eyes...channel choice) instead of throwing fits every time this happens. I personally am not so horrified and disgusted that AMC makes money or is keeping the show not only running but still prevailing, so I'm going to keep watching. It's becoming just as entertaining to view things from a social standpoint surrounding the show as much as it is the show itself. I'm genuinely interested in seeing if the show will keep degrading and yet retain (generally, speaking in masses) the same amount of viewership while many people still rage out. I mean, Gimple pretty much said it perfectly and that's also a great indication that they know what they're doing business wise and also know that the fans are either just that stupid or are just that reactionary.

DTP says "WOW, LOOK AT THAT GREAT POST"
RIP DTP.

Offline Metro

• DTF Resident Sloth
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Random Access Sloth
« Reply #1032 on: April 05, 2016, 01:02:49 PM »
The 2 cliffhangers aren't even comparable. The Star Wars ending isn't even much of a cliffhanger, it IS the end of that story. It drops a huge plot twist that leaves you wanting more while still leaves you satisfied with the ending to that chapter.

That's not at all what happened here. The season is unfinished. This story is unfinished, no matter how many times they try to tell us it is. They don't even give a shit about the story at this point. They know its a cash cow so it's all about those premiere ratings so they are guaranteed to be renewed for a Season 8.

You know what? It's totally Daryl. If they killed him in the finale they would have lost all his fangirls. If they delay it till S7, they still have those record numbers(Which it will have whether we like it or not.). After that, it doesn't matter if they stay on because the show will probably be renewed for a S8.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2016, 01:10:53 PM by Metropolaris »

Online Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #1033 on: April 05, 2016, 01:12:52 PM »
You know what? It's totally Daryl. If they killed him in the finale they would have lost all his fangirls. If they delay it till S7, they still have those record numbers(Which it will have whether we like it or not.). After that, it doesn't matter if they stay on because the show will probably be renewed for a S8.

No way. He hasn't said goodbye to Carol yet.

Offline Metro

• DTF Resident Sloth
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Random Access Sloth
« Reply #1034 on: April 05, 2016, 01:18:39 PM »

Do you think Negan gives a shit about that? :P

Online Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #1035 on: April 05, 2016, 01:20:34 PM »

Do you think Negan gives a shit about that? :P

No, but the pussy-ass-fans who worship Daryl do, and AMC's revenue stream is more important than Neagan's opinion! I would be willing to bet that Daryl-specific merchandise has collectively made close to what the rest of the cast's merchandise has made combined up to this point.

Online Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #1036 on: April 05, 2016, 01:42:57 PM »

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1037 on: April 05, 2016, 03:06:45 PM »
50$ says it's Abraham.
Okay to give credit where credit is due; here's a few things I liked about the finale:
- Andrew Lincoln's performance throughout the episode is outstanding, just truly relayed the process of Rick's gradual unraveling.
- Negan's main henchman 70's-Jack Nicholson is a pretty decent actor.
- Jeffery Dean Morgan was great.
- Bitch-nut.
- Greg Nicotero did an amazing job directing that last scene, starting the moment the group was on foot and the whistles started to the end.
I wouldn't want somebody with 18 kids to mow my damn lawn, based on a longstanding bias I have against crazy fucks.

Offline sneakyblueberry

• put me in coach
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #1038 on: April 05, 2016, 03:20:46 PM »

This was so fantastic.  The penny dropped for me halfway through his first monologue, he even sounded like Trevor Phillips.

Online Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #1039 on: April 05, 2016, 03:47:09 PM »
He did such an awesome job. I hope he's on the show for a while before they off him.

Offline kaos2900

« Reply #1040 on: April 05, 2016, 06:16:16 PM »
I'm going to laugh my ass off if the person who is killed is not a major character.

Offline Metro

• DTF Resident Sloth
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Random Access Sloth
« Reply #1041 on: April 05, 2016, 07:30:32 PM »
I gotta ask

Who looks at a newborn baby and says "Let's name him Negan."

I love the character but wtf kinda name is that.

50$ says it's Abraham.

When Negan looked at Abe after announcing he was gonna kill one of them, Abe lifted his head as if he was volunteering to die. I thought that was badass.
Then as Negan was doing the deed he said the person was "taking it like a champ" and the person lifted their head to look up at Negan again after the first blow. Assuming it IS Abraham, maybe that's his way of saying "Is that all you've got?"

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1042 on: April 05, 2016, 08:28:58 PM »
You just know season 7 is gonna start with a flashback or carol/morgan episode, because the writers know they can get away with it

Just found this:

Nicotero confirms he’ll be the director for the Season 7 premiere next fall, the episode that will answer that finale cliffhanger about whose head met Negan’s barbed wire-covered bat

https://www.yahoo.com/tv/the-walking-dead-season-6-finale-greg-nicotero-214138011.html

Offline lucky7

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1043 on: April 06, 2016, 03:20:40 AM »
Thanks for posting that, I don't believe for one second that has not told his mother who the victim is. Oh well nothing to do but wait now...

Game of Thrones in a couple of weeks!  :corn

So since the poll has anyone/everyone changed who they think the victim will be?

I have, I now think Michonne ..  Not Daryl I am a fangirl!  :smiley:

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
  • Fuckin' magnets, how do they work?
« Reply #1044 on: April 06, 2016, 04:52:07 AM »
If the writer for this show had any balls it would be Daryl. Since they don't it'll probably be Abraham or Eugene.
Joe and I in the same squad is basically the virtual equivalent of us plowing a rape van through an elementary school playground at recess.

Offline ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #1045 on: April 06, 2016, 04:54:12 AM »
They might make it someone who was in the RV with Rick, given all the comments about being nice to each other as it could be the last day on earth for one of them. Most likely Abraham or Sasha if so.

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Offline masterthes

« Reply #1046 on: April 06, 2016, 05:47:34 AM »
Do you think people reacted this way when JR got shot?

Online Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #1047 on: April 06, 2016, 06:00:25 AM »
When Negan looked at Abe after announcing he was gonna kill one of them, Abe lifted his head as if he was volunteering to die. I thought that was badass.
Then as Negan was doing the deed he said the person was "taking it like a champ" and the person lifted their head to look up at Negan again after the first blow. Assuming it IS Abraham, maybe that's his way of saying "Is that all you've got?"

That was my line of thinking as well. It'd also be interesting to see both Sasha and Rosita react to it. Neagan swung the bat pretty fucking hard for the first blow. Abraham is probably the only one who would be able to attempt to get up after that hit.

The thing that keeps me skeptical about it being Abraham is the fact that the show opened with FPV from inside the van. That had to be either Michonne, Daryl, or Glenn (was there anyone else in there?). I'm curious as to whether the FPV we saw at the end was the same FPV from the beginning.

I'm really anxious to see if we're going to see the actual head smashing, or if we're going to see everyone's reactions and be able to deduce who it is through the process of elimination...

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #1048 on: April 06, 2016, 06:31:55 AM »
The thing that keeps me skeptical about it being Abraham is the fact that the show opened with FPV from inside the van. That had to be either Michonne, Daryl, or Glenn (was there anyone else in there?). I'm curious as to whether the FPV we saw at the end was the same FPV from the beginning.

This is interesting and Kirkman did say they left clues as to 'who' it was. The FPV's from being captive could be a clue that it is indeed one of those who were captured in the van?
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Online Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #1049 on: April 06, 2016, 06:45:00 AM »

This is interesting and Kirkman did say they left clues as to 'who' it was. The FPV's from being captive could be a clue that it is indeed one of those who were captured in the van?

I can't imagine any other reason why they would have opened the show that way. It was brief and really didn't add anything to the episode.