Author Topic: NFL thread 2014 v. Frankford Yellow Jackets Lay the Pipe on the Dayton Triangles  (Read 283718 times)

Offline black_biff_stadler

• 6th place finalist at New Orleans Skullet Fest 2010
  • DT.net Member
  • blackwater_floyd, get it?
Re: NFL thread 2014 v. DoC Lays the Pipe on stale themes
« Reply #805 on: August 24, 2014, 02:29:27 PM »
Give the record back to Tom Dempsey.
Users who've sigged me (Join today!): LCArenas, Jakartabassplayer, LeeHarveyKennedy, Global Laziness, Portrucci, obscure, FlyingBIZKIT, alirocker08, senecadawg2, DebraKadabra, JayOctavarium, Cedar redaC, (almost) bout to crash, ? (the forum member, not the fucking punctuation mark), Zeltar, lonestar, ASacrificedSon

Offline CrimsonSunrise

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #806 on: August 24, 2014, 02:40:08 PM »
Whelp....so much for our season.....fuuuuuuuuuck.  I feel sick to my stomach right now.  Shame on the Rams for passing on a solid backup in the drafft.  Could have had Bridgewater.

• DT.net Member
« Reply #807 on: August 24, 2014, 02:42:48 PM »
Guess that's just water under the bridge now.
Users who've sigged me (Join today!): LCArenas, Jakartabassplayer, LeeHarveyKennedy, Global Laziness, Portrucci, obscure, FlyingBIZKIT, alirocker08, senecadawg2, DebraKadabra, JayOctavarium, Cedar redaC, (almost) bout to crash, ? (the forum member, not the fucking punctuation mark), Zeltar, lonestar, ASacrificedSon

Offline CrimsonSunrise

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #808 on: August 24, 2014, 02:48:42 PM »
  wow...

Offline Tom Bombadil

• We Do Not Sow
« Reply #809 on: August 24, 2014, 03:11:25 PM »
Rams apparently want Mark Sanchez. I don't think the eagles want to trade him though.

Offline CrimsonSunrise

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #810 on: August 24, 2014, 03:16:31 PM »
Him or Cousins would be our best trade options.  I'd prefer Cousins by far.  Just NO VICK!!

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #811 on: August 24, 2014, 03:21:54 PM »
Him or Cousins would be our best trade options.  I'd prefer Cousins by far.  Just NO VICK!!

Wait... you're prefer Cousins to a guy that has played in two conference championship games?

Guess stats aren't everything  :angel:

Seriously.... it sucks about Bradford going down again. It seems like everything is working to Seattle's advantage. I actually had Arizona taking the division until the injury bug ravaged their defense.

Offline Tom Bombadil

• We Do Not Sow
« Reply #812 on: August 24, 2014, 03:24:36 PM »
I feel like with RGIII's struggles and inability to protect himself, the skins will probably want to hold on to Cousins. I feel bad for the Rams though.  They've been one of my favorite teams since I was a kid.

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #813 on: August 24, 2014, 03:27:24 PM »
I feel like with RGIII's struggles and inability to protect himself, the skins will probably want to hold on to Cousins. I feel bad for the Rams though.  They've been one of my favorite teams since I was a kid.

I feel bad for the Rams as well. They should have just sucked for Luck. They were so agonizingly close, but with a young "franchise QB", they weren't even thinking about drafting a QB, which is why they pillaged Washington so they could draft Griffin. 

Offline ReaPsTA

• DT.net Veteran
  • Addicted to the pain
« Reply #814 on: August 24, 2014, 04:54:04 PM »
Rams apparently want Mark Sanchez. I don't think the eagles want to trade him though.

If the Eagles can get value for him, I'm not sure why they wouldn't do it.  It's not like if Foles busts Sanchez is gonna step in and be our QB or the future.
Take a chance you may die
Over and over again

Offline CrimsonSunrise

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #815 on: August 24, 2014, 04:59:56 PM »
Just watching the presser... Ian Rappaport's comment makes a lot of sense...  why would the Rams trade something of high value, when they could have got Sanchez in the offseason, and chose Hill over him?

Offline Tom Bombadil

• We Do Not Sow
« Reply #816 on: August 24, 2014, 05:26:34 PM »

If the Eagles can get value for him, I'm not sure why they wouldn't do it.  It's not like if Foles busts Sanchez is gonna step in and be our QB or the future.
Yeah, but I don't trust Barkley to win any game if Foles is injured for any time. If the Rams offer a 2nd/3rd, maybe they make the trade,  but I don't think the Rams will offer a whole lot for essentially a one year rental of a qb.

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #817 on: August 24, 2014, 06:22:07 PM »
Sanchez was apparently quite clear that he doesn't want to go to St. Louis. Learning a new O and new players doesn't appeal to him at this point in his career.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
Re: NFL thread 2014 v. Jordy Nelson Lays the Pipe on the Packers
« Reply #818 on: August 24, 2014, 07:26:19 PM »
Damn.  Wes Welker has a concussion again.  I love that guy.  I hope the best for him.  That's 3 in a little over a year.  Not good.
Ye gads. If he's becoming that prone to concussions he's not long for this league.

While I don't want to see the guy hurt or run out of the league, he's a damn good player, I've got no real fondness for the guy. His departure from the Patriots was pretty silly, honestly. Dude needs to grow some God damned loyalty.

Also, I'm not sure how you're going to prohibit any hit to the head when you've got a guy like Welker who's effectively a midget by NFL terms. Swearinger had no possible means of hitting Welker without hitting the head. Are you just supposed to let him catch the ball and bolt at that point? So why doesn't everybody just start signing 5'6" receivers and moving the ball one penalty at a time?

That whole thing was weird.  It was obvious us fans wanted to pay him through the roof but the Pats were really close to the market value.  He was lucky to have Peyton there.  I think in the end, it was like a relationship that should have stayed together but it got bitter on both sides in the end and when a new lover comes a courting, you fall in love with the new lover.

I miss him but damn if Edelman hasn't picked up where he left off.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline CrimsonSunrise

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #819 on: August 24, 2014, 08:15:07 PM »
Sanchez was apparently quite clear that he doesn't want to go to St. Louis. Learning a new O and new players doesn't appeal to him at this point in his career.

It's not a new Offense, he knows Shotty's offense quite well.

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
Re: NFL thread 2014 v. Jordy Nelson Lays the Pipe on the Packers
« Reply #820 on: August 24, 2014, 08:28:38 PM »
That whole thing was weird.  It was obvious us fans wanted to pay him through the roof but the Pats were really close to the market value.  He was lucky to have Peyton there.  I think in the end, it was like a relationship that should have stayed together but it got bitter on both sides in the end and when a new lover comes a courting, you fall in love with the new lover.

I miss him but damn if Edelman hasn't picked up where he left off.
Not crazy about Welker, but a bigtime Edelman fan. Ever since the end of the 2011 AFC championship against the Ravens when he had a clutch catch and a very important defensive play covering Boldin. All around football player, like Belichick likes to dig up.

It's not a new Offense, he knows Shotty's offense quite well.
True, and certainly why they're courting him. Still, he's up to speed with the Eagles O and would be required to get back up to speed in STL with two weeks notice; new receivers to boot. Like I said, not the situation he thinks is best for his career right now.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline CrimsonSunrise

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #821 on: August 24, 2014, 10:19:12 PM »
Like Rappaport stated, I just don't see it.  The Rams better not sell the farm for a guy they valued less than the guy they have in place now (Hill) in the preseason.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #822 on: August 25, 2014, 06:52:18 AM »
Shame about Bradford.  Is he made of paper or something?

Cam Newton has a fractured rib, but is expected to be ready to go Week 1.  Even if he isn't, I have a lot of confidence in Derek Anderson.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #823 on: August 25, 2014, 06:55:25 AM »
You might be the only one who does... :lol :biggrin:

Also, no way will Sanchez go to the Rams.  I doubt he wants to - I am sure he is just dying to play in that nitwit Brian Schottenheimer's offense again :lol - and the Rams would be foolish to give up anything for a QB who isn't that good.  Suck it up, go with Shaun Hill, and see what happens.  Hill isn't that much of a drop-off from Bradford anyway.

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #824 on: August 25, 2014, 06:22:17 PM »

Interesting.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #825 on: August 25, 2014, 06:38:45 PM »
I would have never guessed that.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #826 on: August 25, 2014, 06:48:21 PM »
The league changed a great deal between 1998 and 2011. I'm honestly not sure if it helps or hurts Dalton but it's definitely a shaky comparison.
E.F. Benson

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #827 on: August 25, 2014, 06:52:44 PM »
Well, yeah it's a passing league with all the defensive rules but at first glance it's a shocking.  But we all know Dalton's resume.

• DT.net Member
« Reply #828 on: August 26, 2014, 02:14:57 AM »
Dan Marino had 37,468 passing yards with 165 TDs in his first 3 seasons. Many people don't remember this.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #829 on: August 26, 2014, 06:06:57 AM »
Dan Marino had 37,468 passing yards with 165 TDs in his first 3 seasons. Many people don't remember this.

I do.  I watched him tear up the Pats.  Super Duper and Clayton (sp?) killed us.

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #830 on: August 26, 2014, 08:31:59 AM »

I do.  I watched him tear up the Pats.  Super Duper and Clayton (sp?) killed us.
The Pats, and half the farmers in Colombia, as I recall.
E.F. Benson

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #831 on: August 26, 2014, 12:02:25 PM »
 :lol

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #833 on: August 26, 2014, 12:17:15 PM »
WTF??? Either the guy's pending a grand jury indictment, just got diagnosed with hemorrhagic fever, or the cap situation in NE is surprisingly bad.

edit: perhaps he knew he could sign Incognito at a bargain basement price.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2014, 12:26:00 PM by El Barto »
E.F. Benson

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #834 on: August 26, 2014, 03:36:17 PM »
I guess it's been hush, hush that they were asking him to renegotiate for a lesser cap hit.  He told them no since he was forced to play out his rookie contract vastly underpaid  and so they wanted to get value for him instead of cutting him.

They just had a new offensive line couch since Dante Scarnecchia retired.  He's been an assistant for 30 years with so many different coaches and was the O-Line coach for the last 13 years.  So it's weird to let such an All Pro that adds stablity when it's needed.

I don't know what to think.

Offline orcus116

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #835 on: August 26, 2014, 09:07:21 PM »

Interesting.

Averages are fun. Peyton's first year knocks down much of those to match Dalton's line. Take years 2 and 3 separately and the Peyton comparison starts to separate by a bit.

Offline Dr. DTVT

• DTF's resident Mad Scientist
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • What's your favorite planet? Mine's the Sun!
« Reply #836 on: August 28, 2014, 11:50:13 AM »
This is why it is hard to hate on Manning:  https://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/11423950/peyton-manning-denver-broncos-fined-taunting

The short:  He gets his first taunting penalty of his career taunting Swearinger after a TD pass.  Earlier in the game, Swearinger hit Welker in the head and concussed him.  Payton's response: "I accept the fine. It's money well spent.  Fifteen yards with five seconds left in the half doesn't hurt you that much.  I think if you're going to get one that's a good time to get one."

:clap:

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #837 on: August 28, 2014, 12:33:34 PM »
 :tup
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #838 on: August 28, 2014, 12:35:28 PM »
Nah, what makes him cool is that he got mad about a hit and immediately through at TD because of it. The actions were better than the words. My problem is with him getting pissed off about the hit in the first place. WW is short and when he folds up before getting hit he puts his head down so low it's unavoidable. Looked to me like DJS tried to pull up a bit but really couldn't have missed his head. Not sure how you're supposed to play a WR in that case other than to fall down and hope some other teammate is in a position to make a play.
E.F. Benson

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #839 on: August 28, 2014, 01:58:25 PM »
I agree that the hit on Welker was unavoidable, for the reasons you detailed, Barto, but you still gotta love Peyton having his teammate's back like that.  That is what team leaders are supposed to do. :tup :tup