Author Topic: What attracts guys to a girl?  (Read 36088 times)

Offline Dublagent66

• Devouring consciousness...
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
Re: What attracts guys to a girl?
« Reply #105 on: March 29, 2011, 09:30:49 AM »
Well, I think physical attraction is important but she doesn't need to be a supermodel.  If a woman is happy with her appearance then she is beautiful, regardless of what society says.  The woman for me is comfortable in her own skin, low maintenance and independent, excepts me for who I am and has reasonable expectations.  I haven't found that woman yet.
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Offline jsem

« Reply #106 on: March 29, 2011, 09:41:55 AM »
Not mediocre. But back in the day, the general beauty standard was set somewhere else than it is now.

But to test if this is really the case, take a picture of Marilyn Monroe to Cole.

Offline antigoon

• Not Elvis
  • DT.net Veteran
  • This was a triumph.
« Reply #107 on: March 29, 2011, 10:10:47 AM »
Grace Kelly was gorgeous

Offline ZBomber

• "The Analogy Guy"
  • A Farewell to Kings
« Reply #108 on: March 29, 2011, 10:20:39 AM »

Mmmm

Now you get a pile of horny men chasing you if you look like a walking orange.

Offline True Death of Life

• The hair, the legend
« Reply #109 on: March 29, 2011, 10:21:24 AM »
Not mediocre. But back in the day, the general beauty standard was set somewhere else than it is now.

But to test if this is really the case, take a picture of Marilyn Monroe to Cole.

Actually, by today's standards, she would be at an "unacceptable" weight...I think she was a dress size 18. Which is "plus sized" today. It's disgusting how we have manipulated the meaning of "sexy".
Grace Kelly was gorgeous

You have good taste, my good sir.

Mmmm

Now you get a pile of horny men chasing you if you look like a walking orange.

:lol :clap:

Offline jsem

« Reply #110 on: March 29, 2011, 11:27:58 AM »

Actually, by today's standards, she would be at an "unacceptable" weight...I think she was a dress size 18. Which is "plus sized" today. It's disgusting how we have manipulated the meaning of "sexy".
Are we talking Grace Kelly or Marilyn Monroe here? lol

Offline Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #111 on: March 29, 2011, 11:36:36 AM »
Gotta be Marilyn.  Grace was kinda petite, but Marilyn was a full-figured woman.

Offline jsem

« Reply #112 on: March 29, 2011, 11:38:38 AM »
Marilyn was INSANELY hot.

Offline Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #113 on: March 29, 2011, 12:02:13 PM »
Oh hell yes.  But if she were around today, she'd be dissed as a "fattie".

I still maintain that most guys are fine with most women.  Yeah, "the media" does a lot to promote a certain body type as "hot or not" but ever notice how that's always women and gay men?  Fucking fashion magazines and designers.

Actual heterosexual men do not have a problem with real women.

Offline reneranucci

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #114 on: March 29, 2011, 12:06:58 PM »
Oh hell yes.  But if she were around today, she'd be dissed as a "fattie".

I still maintain that most guys are fine with most women.  Yeah, "the media" does a lot to promote a certain body type as "hot or not" but ever notice how that's always women and gay men?  Fucking fashion magazines and designers.

Actual heterosexual men do not have a problem with real women.
Excellent points Orbet, I think you're right.

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• Official Forum Sous Chef and broler5
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #115 on: March 29, 2011, 12:17:33 PM »
Someone could have the most compatible personality in the world with you, but if they look like a plate of scrambled eggs, you aren't ever going to get to the point where you figure out how compatible they are to you.

"If they look like a plate of scrambled eggs."  That's fantastic!  :lol

This is the point.  Ricky never said that's *all* guys care about in a woman.  The question was what attracts guys to a girl.  I read that as "What's the initial spark that gives you any reason to want to find out if she has an engaging personality or a sense of humor or good taste in music?"  Most often it's because you liked what you saw when you first looked at her.  I say ricky answered it just fine.  Most people are probably less likely to initiate interested contact with someone they didn't initially find visually appealing.  It all starts with that, IMO.  That visual attraction opens the door to wanting to learn about what's inside.  Once you start to appreciate the person beyond their looks, funny enough, they magically become even MORE visually appealing to you than when they first caught your eye (as was already mentioned).  I used to think it odd that the more you got to know someone, the better looking they seemed to get, but I've experienced it in my life and apparently others have also.

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #116 on: March 29, 2011, 12:23:59 PM »
Forget Grace and Marylin, let's talk about Sophia Loren. Trust me.

Online ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #117 on: March 29, 2011, 12:35:15 PM »

Sarah, are you talking about real people here, or are you talking about fashion shows?

Because I know VERY few people that like really skinny girls, whereas I know a fair few who prefer slightly chubbier (but not overweight) girls, while most (myself included) have no particular preference either way and think it depends on the individual.

But maybe things are more backwards in the States, I don't know.

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Offline Sigz

• BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD
  • DTF.org Member
  • THRONES FOR THE THRONE SKULL
« Reply #118 on: March 29, 2011, 12:49:02 PM »
Yeah, I feel like most people today would still say that Marilyn Monroe was really attractive, regardless of dress size or whatever.
The world is a stage, but the play is badly cast.

Offline MajorMatt

• DT.net Member
« Reply #119 on: March 29, 2011, 12:50:28 PM »
I apparently seem to have a subconscious attraction to same sex twins, on several occasions I have become attracted to a female and discovered that she is a twin.  :P

I have to agree with ariich though, almost everyone I know prefers a woman with 'a bit of meat on them'. But personally, as was said, it depends on the individual.

Because I know VERY few people that like really skinny girls, whereas I know a fair few who prefer slightly chubbier (but not overweight) girls, while most (myself included) have no particular preference either way and think it depends on the individual.

But maybe things are more backwards in the States, I don't know.

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #120 on: March 29, 2011, 12:50:51 PM »
Yeah, I feel like most people today would still say that Marilyn Monroe was really attractive, regardless of dress size or whatever.

Indeed.

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #121 on: March 29, 2011, 12:52:19 PM »
I don't things are so much backwards, the popular media just tends to fuck things up so much.  They think that the skinny look is it, and paste it everywhere.  Like I said in my first post, the smile is the winner for me, it says so much about the person.  Girls with smiles like Sarah's and Rina's and Talia's always have their foot in the door of my heart, be it as a friend or other.  Their's are just so pure and honest and open.

@ Coz- Google image Sophia Loren with safe search off, you won't be sorry.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #122 on: March 29, 2011, 01:11:54 PM »
Rich, us americans know the model girls aren't real and are not our type.  In real life there's nothing less sexy then seeing ribs and pointy elbows that lok like they can snap with  two fingers.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline Aramatheis

• The lighter's dead
  • DTF.org Member
  • and the gas has been cut off
« Reply #123 on: March 29, 2011, 01:23:23 PM »
Rich, us americans know the model girls aren't real and are not our type.  In real life there's nothing less sexy then seeing ribs and pointy elbows that lok like they can snap with  two fingers.

Right you are.
That being said, I've always been a fan of naturally skinny girls (not overly skinny ones), but it was never because of the popular media representations. They're cute, IMO

Offline slycordinator

« Reply #124 on: March 29, 2011, 01:42:10 PM »
Myth. She was quite a lot smaller than that.

https://jezebel.com/#!5299793/for-the-last-time-what-size-was-marilyn-monroe
« Last Edit: March 29, 2011, 01:48:50 PM by slycordinator »

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #125 on: March 29, 2011, 01:42:35 PM »

:tup

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #126 on: March 29, 2011, 01:44:32 PM »

:tup
:hefdaddy

Offline Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #127 on: March 29, 2011, 02:16:26 PM »
Ricky never said that's *all* guys care about in a woman.  The question was what attracts guys to a girl.  I read that as "What's the initial spark that gives you any reason to want to find out if she has an engaging personality or a sense of humor or good taste in music?"

That's all true, but the conversation had already gone well past that, and established that what Sarah was really asking about was both the initial attraction and what guys are after in the long term.  Obviously looks are the initial attractor, because you usually can't tell much about her personality or taste in music from across the room (unless she's drooling like a trog and dancing to really bad music or something)

Offline TempusVox

• Descendant of Primus
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #128 on: March 29, 2011, 03:58:34 PM »
When I was a younger man......It didnt take much. There was a time where I was driven mad simply by watching a woman's pulse in her neck. Yeah.....I'm pretty fucked up when it comes to my old addiction. I was at the far end of the scale when it came to observing my conquests. So for me it was primarily physical. I'm still driven by physical attraction, but intelligence and a great sense of humor really get my attention more than anything now.

When I met my wife for example, she was stunningly gorgeous, but I watched her intellectually emasculate a guy who was an absolute asshole to her. We met at a conference. She was one of the speakers at the conference, and after the days events several people met up in the hotels restaurant to share drinks. This guy was a mayor of a town in Missouri and he started off hitting on her, and when that didn't work, he began patronizing her. She let it go for a while, and he became even more emboldened. He assumed because she was gorgeous that she did not possess a superior intellect to his, and she finally crushed him in a conversation. I recall thinking "Damn! This girl is smart! She just crushed this guy! Good for her!" Later that evening I saw that she was also hilarious. I recall speaking to a colleague later and telling him that I had just met my future wife. We were engaged three weeks later, and have been married for over ten years now.
You don't HAVE a soul.You ARE a soul.You HAVE a body.
"I came here to drink milk and kick ass; and I just finished my milk."

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #129 on: March 29, 2011, 04:02:59 PM »
I have always loved watching smart, pretty women tear apart douchebag guys.

Offline xShammas

• SHAAAAMMAAAAAS TAAAAKE MYYY HAAAAND!!!
« Reply #130 on: March 29, 2011, 04:40:06 PM »
Lots and lots of factors. As long as I'm happy to see her, that's all I care about. Like the type of relationship where you just smile every time you look at each other, and you love every little thing about each other.

Offline dethklok09

• Mike
  • Great band
« Reply #131 on: March 29, 2011, 08:26:03 PM »
Their boobs

But seriously I am attracted mainly to personality and I do admit looks at times. I mainly look for girls who are a bit out of what is considered the "best" looking in our culture. Although I am personally not atracted to very heavy women too much. But if they have a great personality I will like them.

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #132 on: March 29, 2011, 08:28:44 PM »
While I enjoy a good looking girl just as much as everyone else, I truly love a girls personality and moreso her outlook on life. I've dated a couple of girls who just had a wonderful outlook on life and had a real passion. I'm not talking about passion for a dress or certain item but something along the lines of personal development, that tied with a beautiful smile defines my perfect women.

I've met a few girls like that throughout my life and they really have left a mark on me.

Offline dethklok09

• Mike
  • Great band
« Reply #133 on: March 29, 2011, 08:32:43 PM »
Also sorry if this has been mentioned (I havent read all the pages yet.)

Ron White brought up a great point, you can fix their looks but you sure as fuck can't fix stupid.

Offline ricky

• say what now?
  • aka "the big nasty"
« Reply #134 on: March 29, 2011, 08:48:30 PM »
Ricky never said that's *all* guys care about in a woman.  The question was what attracts guys to a girl.  I read that as "What's the initial spark that gives you any reason to want to find out if she has an engaging personality or a sense of humor or good taste in music?"

That's all true, but the conversation had already gone well past that, and established that what Sarah was really asking about was both the initial attraction and what guys are after in the long term.  Obviously looks are the initial attractor, because you usually can't tell much about her personality or taste in music from across the room (unless she's drooling like a trog and dancing to really bad music or something)

+1 times a million

thats all i wanted to say. people say im trolling, but im not. it's not WHAT i say, but how i say it that others don't like. i hate trolls.
There is so little respek left in the world, that if you look it up in the dictionary, you'll find that it has been taken out.

Uncle Ricky wants YOU to show some respek

Offline ricky

• say what now?
  • aka "the big nasty"
Re: Pussy pussy pussy pussy fuck pussy pussy. Amirite, guys???
« Reply #135 on: March 29, 2011, 08:50:39 PM »
you guys are starting to sound like females with all this inner feeling stuff.

the truth. what attracts guys to a girl.

1. Looks
2. Looks
3. Personality (somewhat).

I don't care what you guys say, you all know it's true when looks come first, even if u wont admit it.

Yep, you got us. We're totally shallow here. No deep thoughts at all.

i never said you guys were shallow.

edit html
There is so little respek left in the world, that if you look it up in the dictionary, you'll find that it has been taken out.

Uncle Ricky wants YOU to show some respek

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #136 on: March 29, 2011, 08:54:54 PM »

I hope those are girl undies.

Offline TempusVox

• Descendant of Primus
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #137 on: March 29, 2011, 09:35:59 PM »
Forget Grace and Marylin, let's talk about Sophia Loren. Trust me.

This man speaks the truth.......I believe Sophia Loren to be the most beautiful woman ever born up to this date.
You don't HAVE a soul.You ARE a soul.You HAVE a body.
"I came here to drink milk and kick ass; and I just finished my milk."

Offline Kura

• (●ゝω・)ノ ♡
« Reply #138 on: March 29, 2011, 09:38:43 PM »
I think people are mixing up size and shape. Yes Marilyn was a "larger" woman in today's society.. but she had an hourglass and "proportionate" figure. Bring in any girl who isn't hourglass shape and guys will tend to boo on her, regardless of her -size-
:/ Its sad that guys don't take that into consideration when saying "I like girls of all sizes".. I personally find that rarely do they mean they like girls of all shapes ._.

Offline sonatafanica

• cocksucking maniac
  • DTF.org Member
  • ☠☠☠☠☠☠jesus take the wheel☠☠☠☠☠☠
« Reply #139 on: March 29, 2011, 09:42:43 PM »
Yeah, maybe. But everyone has the right to be attracted to whatever they're attracted to. It's not like they would be wrong if they only liked girls with hourglass shapes.

I'm not saying that's what you were saying, just putting it out there for the sake of the thread's discussion.