Author Topic: The Survivor Thread  (Read 189834 times)

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• Official Forum Sous Chef and broler5
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
Re: The Survivor Thread
« Reply #1295 on: November 12, 2015, 06:33:01 AM »
I get that - I like to see an effective use of the idol as much as anyone.  When it's someone I don't really care about, it doesn't really do much for me.  It irritated me more than anything.  Stay the course and vote the same next week, as the likelihood of her winning II is fairly unlikely, although the pyramid in the water balance challenge they showed for next week seems like it might be geared towards someone light like her.  Amazing how that works out.  She's the likely choice to go next week, so a challenge shows up that looks like it could be suitable for someone like her.

Anyway, I think I'm just annoyed at the three girls on the bottom.  Ciera was a bit of a snotty kid on her season, Abi was always a gigantic PITA, and Wentworth I can barely remember.  I'll be happy to see them all go.

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #1296 on: November 12, 2015, 08:07:04 AM »
Also, I've been reading back through this thread at some of the discussion over the years.  Good stuff.  I still think my idea for Survivor: Asshole Island was a good one:

https://www.dreamtheaterforums.org/boards/index.php?topic=19679.msg1462815#msg1462815

Also, I like looking back and seeing how much we all completely despised Abi the first time she was on and how little that has changed.  :lol

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #1297 on: November 12, 2015, 08:11:04 AM »
I don't really care for Wentworth THAT much, but that was awesome.

I liked Savage OK, I guess, but he seemed to just roll over on the attempt to get out Fishbach to protect Joe.  I didn't like that, so to hell with him.

While I despise Abi, I'm not really having any problems with most of the others.

Keith is awesome, but I will be shocked if he ever actually wins a Survivor.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #1298 on: November 12, 2015, 08:13:23 AM »
One thing I like about Keith is that almost every challenge, he's proving his worth to the others in helping them get through challenges.  The last couple, they won largely due to Keith.  This one, he was definitely older than some of the others, but he was the guy busting his ass in the water to untie the boxes and haul them back to the boat, except for the last one.  Then the scene with him starting the motorcycle and driving everyone around the beach.  That was fantastic!

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #1299 on: November 12, 2015, 11:21:44 AM »
I agree.

But where he falls flat is the actual playing of the game - alliances, blindsides, big moves.  He just doesn't do that part.

The good thing is that he is so likable that he can get away with it, to a certain extent.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #1300 on: November 14, 2015, 09:15:18 AM »
10 Things Andrew Savage Wants You To Know Following His Second Chance Send-Off

[Fans] can expect the second half of the season to be truly epic. There's something that will happen in the game that's never happened in 15 years and 30 seasons of Survivor.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
« Reply #1301 on: November 14, 2015, 09:36:43 AM »
Sounds interesting. It's always after the merge the game gets good anyway.

Any guesses? Maybe two idols will be played at the same tribal and result in nobody getting a single vote. Then they have to revote and someone else unexpected goes instead.
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #1302 on: November 14, 2015, 09:39:10 AM »
That would be neat!

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1303 on: November 18, 2015, 10:07:55 PM »
The immunity idol clue wasn't as fun without a challenge to stick it in. GO HERE. :lol

Joe's immunity challenge streak continues. He can't win them all though, so unless the game changes, I can't see him making it to the end. :( There's one every seasons.

That advantage is even bigger than just having an extra vote like last time. That will easily change a result if used right. I'm surprised only two people went for it.

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #1304 on: November 19, 2015, 07:17:37 AM »
Why am I not surprised that the advantage that Fishbach ended up with was something like this?  HE is one of the ones who most desperately needs an advantage like this.  Though Spencer WAS damned close.

Also, the enormous flashing neon sign at tree mail that said "JEREMY LOOK RIGHT HERE".  Lol.

Not too concerned with K-Wig going, but the longer this goes on, you're going to see K-Went, Ciera, and Abi sitting in the final 3.  I will throw my television out the fucking window.

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #1305 on: November 19, 2015, 08:00:45 AM »
Also, the enormous flashing neon sign at tree mail that said "JEREMY LOOK RIGHT HERE".  Lol.

I don't think they put that idol there until AFTER that group won the reward challenge. Joe had been up there a while it appeared....even before Abi ran him off, and I can't imagine he didn't look at the bottom of that tree?
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1306 on: November 19, 2015, 08:04:47 AM »

I don't think they put that idol there until AFTER that group won the reward challenge. Joe had been up there a while it appeared....even before Abi ran him off, and I can't imagine he didn't look at the bottom of that tree?

I think they must have replaced it during the reward challenge either way, because if it was found beforehand, the clue should have been to an idol during the challenge. Whether or not they change the location when they update the clue, I don't know.

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #1307 on: November 19, 2015, 08:31:19 AM »
Another thing that I loved about last night was how much more the atmosphere and tension of everything was amped up by the driving rain.  At the immunity challenge AND at tribal council.

Also, next Wednesday there will be two back-to-back hour long episodes.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1308 on: November 19, 2015, 01:29:19 PM »
Joe's immunity challenge streak continues. He can't win them all though, so unless the game changes, I can't see him making it to the end. :( There's one every seasons.

Yep. It's certainly a double edged sword.....once you put yourself out there being dominant like that you HAVE to win or you're gone. I don't see Joe winning out though. That challenge last night was 'designed' for a light framed woman to win so I was very surprised to see him win. But I'd be shocked if he won them all and even more shocked that when he does lose they don't vote him out. They'd be dumb not to.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #1309 on: November 20, 2015, 08:54:52 AM »
Another thing that I loved about last night was how much more the atmosphere and tension of everything was amped up by the driving rain.  At the immunity challenge AND at tribal council.
This, for sure. 

I can't stand Fishbach, and I don't like that he got this big of an advantage.  Hopefully he makes it interesting.

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #1310 on: November 20, 2015, 09:47:00 AM »
He does some sort of Survivor blog and for the life of me, I cannot seem to remember much of him from Tocantins.

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #1311 on: November 25, 2015, 08:06:24 AM »
Don't forget, double episode tonight!

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1312 on: November 25, 2015, 08:47:35 AM »
Don't forget, double episode tonight!

:metal

Predictions? I'd have to think unless Joe continues to win individual immunity he's going home AND....I don't think Fishback is patient enough not to use his advantage. I think he will play it tonight....

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #1313 on: November 25, 2015, 08:50:48 AM »
Yep.  Seems unlikely Joe will continue to escape eviction.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #1314 on: November 25, 2015, 09:55:54 AM »
I will have to wait until tomorrow to catch it.  We are heading down to my Mom's to celebrate Thanksgiving tonight.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1315 on: November 25, 2015, 10:01:17 AM »
Yep.  Seems unlikely Joe will continue to escape eviction.

Hypothetically speaking....let's say the dude wins out....wins EVERY individual immunity challenge and makes it to the end. I'd have to think he'd Win the season. Would that make him the BEST player ever? I'd have to say 'yes' being that i think he's already a top 5 all timer.

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #1316 on: November 25, 2015, 10:03:01 AM »
Unquestionably.  He'd have to be.  The likelihood of that happening is almost zero, but it would be pretty damn cool to see.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1317 on: November 25, 2015, 10:07:54 AM »
Unquestionably.  He'd have to be.  The likelihood of that happening is almost zero, but it would be pretty damn cool to see.

I agree it'd be cool to see but I just don't see how it can happen. There's almost always a challenge specifically designed for a 100lb woman (last challenge was but he still won) But, there really aren't many 'good' challenge people left. Keith is good but I think his age will limit him, Jeremy 'should' be good but he hasn't performed. Spencer can beat Joe in the right challenge and so can a couple of the girls.

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #1318 on: November 25, 2015, 10:11:26 AM »
Exactly what I was thinking.  Despite him winning a challenge last week that physics dictates he probably shouldn't have won, sooner or later, one will come along where upper body strength will come into play and being heavier than some of the women, he'll likely not outlast them.  Keith *has* been surprisingly useful in the challenges this season.  All the others, who knows.  It's kinda hit or miss.

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #1319 on: November 25, 2015, 06:49:13 PM »
Holy shit, at that rain! Wow!

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #1320 on: November 25, 2015, 07:27:10 PM »
Dammit, Jeremy! Though the alternative is okay anyway.

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #1321 on: November 25, 2015, 08:20:49 PM »
OH. HOLY. SHIT!  AWESOME BLINDSIDE!

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1322 on: November 25, 2015, 10:06:45 PM »
OH. HOLY. SHIT!  AWESOME BLINDSIDE!

That. Was. Awesome.

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #1323 on: November 26, 2015, 07:48:03 AM »
I still can't believe it. That was amazing!

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1324 on: November 26, 2015, 08:26:24 AM »
HAHA! That was amazing. Even with his advantage, and being a smug dick and voting for Joe with Joe's own vote, he still got voted out. Suck shit. The funny thing is that if he'd used both votes to vote for the same person, the outcome could have been very different.

In the first episode, I'm a bit surprised so many people voted for shelter. Of course they'd been through hell with the rain and the shelter was important, but they also basically handed that challenge to Joe. I guess that's what happens when you don't have a chance to coordinate though.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1325 on: November 26, 2015, 08:37:15 AM »

In the first episode, I'm a bit surprised so many people voted for shelter. Of course they'd been through hell with the rain and the shelter was important, but they also basically handed that challenge to Joe. I guess that's what happens when you don't have a chance to coordinate though.

This....and, it must have been REALLY bad if the producers were offering to build that shelter. I mean.....I was complaining to my wife the whole time that they (the players) should have built a better shelter anyway....but, for them to whine that Joe and Keith didn't was silly. I'd have flat out called them all babies. It's SURVIVOR! If you can't handle it then leave!

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #1326 on: November 26, 2015, 05:09:05 PM »
I have never seen such rain and such absolute MISERY on Survivor, like I saw last night. I can guarantee you, I would have lost my shit. I'd have been all Brandon Hantz kinda emotionally off the radar. No way I could've handled that.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1327 on: November 27, 2015, 12:39:40 PM »
Just watched all the PONDEROSA episodes. They are alright.....now that they have this 'produced' feel it doesn't seem as interesting to me as in years past.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #1328 on: November 28, 2015, 03:10:45 AM »
Finally got to see the new episode. I am OK about Ciera going home, and ecstatic about Fishbach leaving. Hopefully, Abi will be next.

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #1329 on: December 02, 2015, 07:49:40 PM »
Dammit. The other 3 guys are fucked. This was smart for the girls, but the guys were fucking stupid to cut Joe loose. Wow.