Author Topic: The Survivor Thread  (Read 189837 times)

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
Re: The Survivor Thread
« Reply #525 on: December 13, 2012, 08:59:28 AM »
This week's ponderosa episodes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UkhklwUtUq0&list=UUlzCn8DxRSCuMFv_WfzkcrQ&index=8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=InlvcWArSpg

Interestingly, a lot of people think RC is coming off much worse here than Abbi is.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
« Reply #526 on: December 13, 2012, 09:15:26 AM »
This week's ponderosa episodes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UkhklwUtUq0&list=UUlzCn8DxRSCuMFv_WfzkcrQ&index=8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=InlvcWArSpg

Interestingly, a lot of people think RC is coming off much worse here than Abbi is.

The CBS channel won't let me view it in my country, although the SurvivorVideosCBS channel would. Don't hear me complaining!

I didn't even know they did videos of this. I'll have to watch these more often in future. I'd always wondered if the jury members were allowed to mingle afterwards or were kept isolated, so I enjoyed seeing that a lot. Very different dynamic.

I think in a vacuum, RC does come off worse, but in context, she was completely justified in how she treated Abi here. How else can you even respond to someone as ignorant and so lacking in self awareness as Abi?
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• Official Forum Sous Chef and broler5
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #527 on: December 16, 2012, 07:51:41 PM »
Such a tough immunity challenge. Damn!

Offline senecadawg2

« Reply #528 on: December 16, 2012, 07:53:19 PM »
Denise is going to win it all by a landslide.
Quote from: black_floyd
Oh seneca, how you've warmed my heart this evening.

Offline senecadawg2

« Reply #529 on: December 16, 2012, 07:55:29 PM »
Also, perhaps my favorite line of the season.

Angie: "I'm very well-rounded"

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #530 on: December 16, 2012, 08:15:04 PM »
Bahahaha. Abi's death scowl at Tribal Council was lethal.

Offline senecadawg2

« Reply #531 on: December 16, 2012, 09:51:35 PM »
How the hell did Lisa beat Malcolm as the player of the season? She was a complete flake.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #532 on: December 17, 2012, 03:34:16 AM »
I haven't watched the reunion yet, but I just saw the announcement. Good job, Denise! This is probably the first time in a while that I recall that all 3 remaining contestants got a vote (as there's usually one who isn't even in the running).

It's a shame Malcolm let his nerves get the better of him in that immunity challenge. Even with the advantage, he just did terrible. It was nice to see Malcolm and Denise remain somewhat diplomatic even though they knew it was one or the other at that point.

Denise's speaking skills really helped her at the final vote. I was worried she was going to alienate them and come across as arrogant with how confident she was, but luckily that wasn't the case. She played a great game, and pleaded her case very well.

edit after watching the reunion:
Lisa won the fan vote? Really?? Malcolm should have slayed that. Lisa really got offside with me in the last few episodes. Abi seems to have either had some self realization, or has gotten better at acting like she's not a bitch. :lol

And I just read back to the spoilers for next season. They're really milking the Hantz family for all it's worth. I knew that whoever lost out of Malcolm/Denise would be included too, so including Malcolm again thrills me.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2012, 04:04:53 AM by BlobVanDam »

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #533 on: December 17, 2012, 04:53:48 AM »
Great season!
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #534 on: December 17, 2012, 05:11:29 AM »
I enjoyed this season a lot more than last season. I couldn't even stick out last season, but this season really unfolded well till the very end, and I was quite happy with the outcome. Denise really deserved it.

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #535 on: December 17, 2012, 06:31:52 AM »
I was glad to see Denise win.  Outstanding season, really, really good stuff.  I was surprised that the jury said with Malcolm and Denise in the final, she still would've won.

I was a little surprised at how irritated Malcolm was with her at the final TC.  Also, Penner's soliloquy at FTC was interesting, but I was kinda surprised at his need to "out" Lisa like that.  Seemed kinda harsh.

As for next season. I have five words for you all:

SPECIAL AGENT PHILIP MOTHERFUCKING SHEPARD

I'm excited.  He's a trainwreck, but they're putting him and "Fransessqua" back in the game together.  I hope he sticks around for a while.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #536 on: December 17, 2012, 06:39:02 AM »
I was glad to see Denise win.  Outstanding season, really, really good stuff.  I was surprised that the jury said with Malcolm and Denise in the final, she still would've won.

That shocked me too. I would have expected an even split at best.

I was a little surprised at how irritated Malcolm was with her at the final TC.  Also, Penner's soliloquy at FTC was interesting, but I was kinda surprised at his need to "out" Lisa like that.  Seemed kinda harsh.

Ah but this is all the beauty of the final tribal council, is it not? I'm surprised that Malcolm acted like that too. And I enjoyed Penner's speech. He's always pretty well spoken, so I knew he'd be a good'un.

As for next season. I have five words for you all:

SPECIAL AGENT PHILIP MOTHERFUCKING SHEPARD

I'm excited.  He's a trainwreck, but they're putting him and "Fransessqua" back in the game together.  I hope he sticks around for a while.

YES! I'm crap with names, so I had to Google him to remember which one he was, but that will be great. I really love the "all star" type series, so I can't wait.

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #537 on: December 17, 2012, 06:42:11 AM »
Also, they went WAY back and got Erik, Mr. "Stupidest Move In Survivor History".  I damn sure hope he's not as naive this time around.  There was such a collective facepalm when he did that, that you could almost hear it up and down the east coast.  Wow.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #538 on: December 17, 2012, 06:50:44 AM »
Also, they went WAY back and got Erik, Mr. "Stupidest Move In Survivor History".  I damn sure hope he's not as naive this time around.  There was such a collective facepalm when he did that, that you could almost hear it up and down the east coast.  Wow.

I didn't see that season, so I had to look it up. Yeah, pretty stupid move.
What I love for returning players is seeing how they change, or don't change. Sometimes they'll make the same mistakes, or sometimes they try and play entirely differently resulting in even more amusing results.
As much as I hate her, it would have been interesting to see Abi return for another season.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #539 on: December 17, 2012, 09:02:41 AM »
I was happy to see Denise win, although I would have been fine with either Mike or Lisa winning, as well. 

I think Lisa won the fan vote because fans liked and appreciated her vulnerability, plus the fact that she never came off as devious or conniving.  She was and is very likable.

Don't buy Abi's garbage about needing to change for a second.  She was still playing the victim and acting all snotty and immature on twitter as recently as two weeks ago, the last time I looked, so I think she was spewing crap for viewers.

Even though I didn't like Pete, he was right: RC was still bitter.  She needs to let it go now.

And Dawson planting one on Probst at the reunion? :lol :lol :lol

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #540 on: December 17, 2012, 09:15:25 AM »
Oh, and I like Penner, but I thought "outing" Lisa like that at the end of the final TC was kind of lame.  Was that really necessary?  Lisa's retort was excellent, too, asking him if he told everyone what he did when he was a teenager.  Very low class of Penner, I thought, and he definitely came off as yet another bitter jury member.

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #541 on: December 17, 2012, 09:21:04 AM »
Absolutely.  I was really kinda surprised by it, because it came off very vengeful, which is pretty uncharacteristic for him.

Offline senecadawg2

« Reply #542 on: December 17, 2012, 04:01:10 PM »
In regards to the next season, I'm super excited to see the special agent make a comeback. I also remember liking the geeky superfan Cochran. Not super excited about the rest of them, especially the Hantz runt, but it should still make for an interesting season!

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #543 on: January 14, 2013, 11:05:45 AM »
February 13th, Survivor returns!  There's a cast introductions video at the following link:

https://www.realityblurred.com/realitytv/archives/survivor_caramoan/2013_Jan_11_cast

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #544 on: January 14, 2013, 11:23:01 AM »
Do you think they have enough hot blondes on the fans side? :lol No lack of eye candy there. That aside, there seem to be some great choices there.

A lot of great choices for the favourites tribe, and a few puzzlers. Francesca? I can't remember her at all, and I saw the season, and it was recent. A lot of other obvious choices that I think will be interesting.

I think this will be a good season. :tup I'm glad we don't have to wait long.

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #545 on: January 14, 2013, 11:26:25 AM »
I watch the scene with Erik giving up immunity and I'm STILL completely shocked at what a dumbass he was.

Offline senecadawg2

« Reply #546 on: January 14, 2013, 02:41:48 PM »
Wow, very soon already. This should be a good one! Can't wait to see how the secret agent pulls this one off.

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #547 on: January 14, 2013, 03:01:23 PM »
I know, I'm kinda excited about it.  The longer it went on, the more I started to think it was purposeful lunacy on his part.

Offline senecadawg2

« Reply #548 on: January 14, 2013, 03:12:43 PM »
It would have been interesting to see if he could have gotten any votes from the jury by convincing them all it had been an act the whole time. Playing the 'fooled you into thinking I was just another crazy person to bring along to the finals' card might have surprised some people, but unfortunately I think he may have been so disliked by then that it wouldn't have made a difference.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #549 on: January 24, 2013, 10:44:33 PM »
Introduction videos have been put up. I'd post a link, but I don't know the official link, since I can't watch them from the official channel.

Allie - Oh look, a cute young blond chick.

Hope - Oh look, another cute young blond.

Brandon - He doesn't seem to have learned anything, and seems a bit delusional about how he played the game last time. I'm expecting much of the same from him, and probably an earlier exit. They're really milking the Hantz family for all its worth though.

Cochran - He seems pretty self aware about where he went wrong last time. Whether he's changed or not, I'm glad to see him back, because he was a fun character.

Phillip - I still don't get this guy. I think that's what makes him so entertaining, so at least he got that part right. A good choice for a returning player. The nutbars always keep it fun and unpredictable.

Matt - I always have to go for the long haired dude, and he seems cool.

Shamar - I like this guy! He's probably not going to last, but I hope he does.

Sherri - Pretty sure those eyebrows didn't move.

The rest of the new males seem pretty dull and generic.

I think this should be a great season.

Offline senecadawg2

« Reply #550 on: January 25, 2013, 11:21:57 AM »
I'm really excited about Phillip and Cocchran. The rest not so much.

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #551 on: February 13, 2013, 09:41:24 AM »
Tonight's the night!  Hour and a half Survivor premiere.  Up against episode 3 of Hollywood Week on American Idol.  Hell of a night!

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #552 on: February 13, 2013, 09:44:46 AM »
Shite, is it that time again already? Can't wait! This season is shaping up to be really good.

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #553 on: February 13, 2013, 09:46:48 AM »
Indeed it is.  Booyah!

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #554 on: February 13, 2013, 10:19:43 AM »
I haven't watched in a few seasons but got in an office pool. I have some young blonde 'fan' as my pic...I forgot her name already and my wife has the 'fan' Eddie. It'll be neat to watch again after not watching the past two seasons.
  They still doing immunity idols and redemption chances?
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #555 on: February 13, 2013, 10:24:25 AM »
No Redemption Island last season.  There's still hidden immunity idols, but the clues for them are usually hidden somewhere that someone will inevitably stumble upon it (like hidden deep in the bag of rice, for example).  Adds to the option for someone to sneak the clue into their pocket and walk off later ot read it.  I'm really looking forward to this season.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #556 on: February 13, 2013, 10:25:35 AM »
I haven't watched in a few seasons but got in an office pool. I have some young blonde 'fan' as my pic...I forgot her name already and my wife has the 'fan' Eddie. It'll be neat to watch again after not watching the past two seasons.

They've stopped with Redemption Island, but they always do immunity idols. I don't think they restock them as often since Russell though. :lol

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #557 on: February 13, 2013, 10:30:06 AM »

They've stopped with Redemption Island, but they always do immunity idols. I don't think they restock them as often since Russell though. :lol
Please tell me they are more difficult to find or figure out? For a while there the clues were like 'It's under the large red X on the beach'

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #558 on: February 13, 2013, 10:33:10 AM »
I wish they'd get back to having interesting challenges, but I am not counting on it.  It seems like nearly every challenge is now, "Run some obstacle course, find puzzle pieces, and then come back and put the puzzle together." BORING.  Challenging for the players, sure, but boring as hell for us viewers to watch, IMO.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #559 on: February 13, 2013, 10:36:58 AM »
I think a killer kick off immunity challenge would be to start and maintain a fire. First two to do so get immunity for, I don't know, 2 tribals their part of? I mean, every player should know how to start a fire from scratch. It's friggin 'Survivor'! Do something that requires 'survival' skills. Build a snare....something