Author Topic: The Avenged Sevenfold Thread (merged)  (Read 166467 times)

Offline Mosh

• For I have dined on honeydew!
Re: The Avenged Sevenfold Thread (merged)
« Reply #805 on: November 04, 2015, 05:01:55 PM »
I used to be really into them, but HTTK completely ruined it for me. Wouldn't be so bad if it didn't take such a long time for them to release albums, I've gotten burnt out on them as a whole I think.

City of Evil is a bit of a grower I think. It's a pretty long listen. Some really good songs mixed in with some not so good ones.
New Animal Soup scifi space opera for fans of Porcupine Tree, Mastodon, Iron Maiden: Chariots of the Gods

https://animalsoup.bandcamp.com/album/chariots-of-the-gods

Offline ErHaO

« Reply #806 on: November 04, 2015, 05:18:11 PM »
I really like Bad Religion, but I am not sure how this drummer would be a good fit for AX7. Not when they had the Rev and briefly MP rocking out. We'll see.

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #807 on: November 04, 2015, 05:30:34 PM »
I really like Bad Religion, but I am not sure how this drummer would be a good fit for AX7. Not when they had the Rev and briefly MP rocking out. We'll see.
Brooks is not your ordinary punk drummer if that's what you're worried about. He's always been overqualified for BR imo. He's a beast on drums and so is his brother. I'm pretty sure he will do fine in AS.

Brooks rocking out with Tenacious D:

https://youtu.be/aK_wpT9RGH0

BR - True North (live in studio)

« Last Edit: November 04, 2015, 05:57:10 PM by MrBoom_shack-a-lack »
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline SystematicThought

• DTF.org Member
  • Carpe Diem-2020
« Reply #808 on: November 04, 2015, 08:31:48 PM »
I saw Wackerman and immediately thought: Oh, must be Chad's son. Nope, his younger brother  :lol

It'll be interesting to see where they go next. I felt bad for Arin because I don't think he ever got to show his potential, but the other guys in the band must have seen something we didn't.
God have mercy on a man
Who doubts what he's sure of.
-Bruce Springsteen

Offline Mosh

• For I have dined on honeydew!
« Reply #809 on: November 04, 2015, 09:53:57 PM »
I saw Wackerman and immediately thought: Oh, must be Chad's son. Nope, his younger brother  :lol

I thought the same thing! So they're actually related? That's still pretty cool.
New Animal Soup scifi space opera for fans of Porcupine Tree, Mastodon, Iron Maiden: Chariots of the Gods

https://animalsoup.bandcamp.com/album/chariots-of-the-gods

Offline SystematicThought

• DTF.org Member
  • Carpe Diem-2020
« Reply #810 on: November 04, 2015, 10:10:49 PM »
They're brothers. I was surprised to find that out. 12 years apart, which is what threw me for a loop at first.
God have mercy on a man
Who doubts what he's sure of.
-Bruce Springsteen

Offline LordCost

« Reply #811 on: November 05, 2015, 11:15:08 AM »
City Of Evil
Waking The Fallen
Self Titled
Sounding The Seventh Trumpet
Nightmare
Diamonds In The Rough
Hail To The King, which is the only A7X album I don't really like apart three tracks.

I'll partecipate to the A7x survivor, great idea!
I can't judge the drummer, but I only hope that they return to write great songs without the Rev

Offline Heretic

• hold your head up high
  • DTF.org Member
  • never give up, never give in
« Reply #812 on: November 05, 2015, 04:02:04 PM »
Interesting drummer choice, hopefully he can revitalize the creativity in the band a bit. Hail to the King is still so dreadful to me.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #813 on: November 09, 2015, 06:17:07 AM »
I really love Bad Religion, been a fna of theirs for almost 20 years now although I hardly listen to them anymore.  I would not have ever thought any of their band members would be a fit for A7X, but I guess we will find out.

Offline ZKX-2099

• The Drifting Drifter

Offline Train of Naught

• I sympathize, with a cockroach
  • .....and a cockroach
« Reply #815 on: November 09, 2015, 09:31:23 AM »
I don't get it, are these various snippets of a song they spread out through the game or something? Anyway, this sound does not particularly scream "Avenged Sevenfold" to me, although I do quite like most of it.
people on this board are actual music fans who developed taste in music and not casual listeners who are following current fashion trends and listening to only current commercial hits.

Offline ZKX-2099

• The Drifting Drifter
« Reply #816 on: November 09, 2015, 09:47:37 AM »
Yeah I think that's what it is.

Offline Heretic

• hold your head up high
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #817 on: November 09, 2015, 09:24:34 PM »
These instrumentals are basically better than the entirety of HTTK. They sound more metalcore influenced, which I would LOVE a return to.

Maybe they re-released Waking the Fallen to prepare us for a more metalcore-esque album such as that one? Please?!

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #818 on: January 14, 2016, 10:21:38 AM »
https://www.avengedsevenfold.com/news/a-message-from-avenged-sevenfold

We recently exercised our rights under California law and notified Warner Bros. Records we would no longer record for them. Few of the executives who have been integral to our continued success are still at the label, and we love and are grateful to them for their hard work. However, since we signed with the label, Warner Bros. has had 3 different regimes, multiple heads of marketing, and none of the senior management or A&R executives who were at the company and responsible for signing us are still there.

Whatever the activity, it takes a full team to compete, and we no longer know most of our teammates. In the coming days, you may read about the lawsuit our label filed against us for exercising our legal rights, rights the State of California granted specifically to protect artists. You may see mistaken facts or worse.

One such error we want to make sure you know about: Avenged Sevenfold has never renegotiated its original recording agreement with Warner Bros. Records. Billboard has now corrected its story to reflect the real facts.

Most importantly, we want our fans to know this: we are in the middle of writing a record we cannot wait for you to hear. We expect to go into the studio very soon, and look forward to releasing our new album later this year.

Until then, we wish all of you a happy, healthy 2016.

Love,
A7X

Offline Train of Naught

• .....and a cockroach
« Reply #819 on: January 14, 2016, 10:29:29 AM »
Wow.

It's good to see they're soon entering the studio, but what's that whole lawsuit about? May be my limited English knowledge, but I'm not exactly sure what they're being accused of.
people on this board are actual music fans who developed taste in music and not casual listeners who are following current fashion trends and listening to only current commercial hits.

Offline jakepriest

« Reply #820 on: January 14, 2016, 10:34:00 AM »
Nice, let's just hope they've learned a lot from Hail of the King.

Offline Anguyen92

« Reply #821 on: January 14, 2016, 11:09:03 AM »
It's good to see they're soon entering the studio, but what's that whole lawsuit about? May be my limited English knowledge, but I'm not exactly sure what they're being accused of.

Don't know if this tells the full story, but mainly I think it's simple as A7X not finishing up their overall obligations to them in creating 5 albums while contracted to Warner Bros which A7X opt not to, since they probably do not feel the vibe that the people in charge, now, are showing towards them?

According to Warner Bros., the suit is unlawful for several reasons. The label says the band sent it a letter announcing an intent to leave the contract effective November 25, 2015, but that they did not receive it until November 30.

They claim to invested significant funds in the band's future releases and have been led on to believe the agreement would remain effective, thus making the sudden opt-out unfair and a breach of good faith and fair dealing. The lawsuit also reveals that the band is obligated to turn in an additional CD/DVD live album, which the label purportedly already funded.

Avenged Sevenfold have completed four of the original five studio albums called for by their original contract.

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/general_music_news/avenged_sevenfold_sued_by_warner_bros_for_trying_to_get_out_of_contract.html

Offline Deathless

« Reply #822 on: January 15, 2016, 07:34:53 AM »
I know a lot of people gave them hell for how the last album sounded... but what if that was the product of the label/A&R people? I don't think they'll ever get back to the sound from the first few albums... but heavier/more aggressive stuff would be great.

We'll see how this lawsuit goes. I can't imagine they are the first band to try this, and it doesn't sound too promising.

Offline ZKX-2099

• The Drifting Drifter
« Reply #823 on: January 15, 2016, 07:49:59 AM »
Well that explains why we never heard anything about that live DVD they were working on... kinda.

Offline cfmoran13

« Reply #824 on: January 15, 2016, 08:19:32 AM »
We'll see how this lawsuit goes. I can't imagine they are the first band to try this, and it doesn't sound too promising.
Metallica used the same California law to get out of a contract.

Offline ASacrificedSon

• The Forsaken
  • Take me far away, to the ends of this earth.
« Reply #825 on: January 29, 2016, 11:02:57 AM »
Hmm, this might be controversial, but I think HTTK is the best a7x album. It is strong all round and provides a nice melody. Arin is at his finest and I think his drumming was better than. the Revs for their self titled and WTF. COE was a strong Rev performance, but lacked melody. Their self titled was toon experimented and kinda strayed away from their purpose. WTF was not melodically at all and the scream doesn't stick to me. Nightmare was also great and falls second.
I've been drinking beer since I was 18 and dabbled since I was 16. I have at least 500 beer bottles in my collection and love the fancy shit though my wallet doesn't. I'll drink liquor not even five times a year including shots or mixed drinks. Jack Daniels and Coke is an easy go-to for me. Very smooth nads candy sweet.

Offline Train of Naught

• .....and a cockroach
« Reply #826 on: January 29, 2016, 11:11:00 AM »
Well.. no doubt it's controversial as fuck, but to each their own.

I'm currently working on a A7X discography thread and will go through their entire career soon if you're interested  :)

Offline jakepriest

« Reply #827 on: January 29, 2016, 11:13:08 AM »
Hmm, this might be controversial, but I think HTTK is the best a7x album. It is strong all round and provides a nice melody. Arin is at his finest and I think his drumming was better than. the Revs for their self titled and WTF. COE was a strong Rev performance, but lacked melody. Their self titled was toon experimented and kinda strayed away from their purpose. WTF was not melodically at all and the scream doesn't stick to me. Nightmare was also great and falls second.

I don't think I can agree with a single thing in this post. Arin is probably the most boring drummer in a famous band I know.

Offline ZKX-2099

• The Drifting Drifter
« Reply #828 on: January 29, 2016, 11:18:32 AM »
Arin isn't too bad. You can hear more of what hes capable of on Carry On and Not Ready To Die. His work on Hail is solid as well. The band wanted a simple style on the album and he hit that pefectly.

Offline ASacrificedSon

• The Forsaken
« Reply #829 on: January 29, 2016, 11:26:26 AM »
Yes. Agreed. I feel like this is syn's finest also. All his solos are brilliant and amazing. Requiem, This means war, etc.
I've been drinking beer since I was 18 and dabbled since I was 16. I have at least 500 beer bottles in my collection and love the fancy shit though my wallet doesn't. I'll drink liquor not even five times a year including shots or mixed drinks. Jack Daniels and Coke is an easy go-to for me. Very smooth nads candy sweet.

Offline ZKX-2099

• The Drifting Drifter
« Reply #830 on: January 29, 2016, 01:21:03 PM »
No.

Offline ASacrificedSon

• The Forsaken
« Reply #831 on: January 29, 2016, 01:23:42 PM »
Why not?

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #832 on: January 29, 2016, 01:24:39 PM »
Well.. no doubt it's controversial as fuck, but to each their own.

This. But I do enjoy HttK.  It isn't their best and the drumming is, well just there, but the songs aren't that bad.  The album just doesn't stand out, that's how I feel.

Offline ZKX-2099

• The Drifting Drifter
« Reply #833 on: January 29, 2016, 03:07:18 PM »
Why not?

Because Eternal Rest, Second Heartbeat, Clairvoyant Disease, And All Things Will End, Beast And The Harlot, Bat Country, Sidewinder, Strength Of The World, Afterlife, Lost, Danger Line, Buried Alive and Save Me.

Offline CharlesPL

« Reply #834 on: January 30, 2016, 06:10:21 AM »
^ MIA, The Wicked End and many more.

For me a fan since 03' HttK it's their worst album.

And All Things Will End ?

Richard Benson – Guitar solos on "I Won't See You Tonight Part 2" and "And All Things Will End"

Offline Hanz Gruber

« Reply #835 on: February 03, 2016, 11:47:07 AM »
Hmm, this might be controversial, but I think HTTK is the best a7x album. It is strong all round and provides a nice melody.

Agreed on this part.  A lot of songs sounded like other bands that I am into so I enjoyed it more than their other albums.

I heard obvious Iron Maiden, Guns N Roses, Megadeth, Testament, and Metallica like songs on the album and most of the songs had great melody.

With all of the garbage music out there it was nice to hear a more straight forward - metal - catchy - quality album from someone.  Something that is rare nowadays (for me anyway because I dislike most of the singers in newer bands and the style of their songs)
« Last Edit: February 03, 2016, 11:52:24 AM by Hanz Gruber »

Offline ZKX-2099

• The Drifting Drifter
« Reply #836 on: April 01, 2016, 07:40:45 AM »

Offline Train of Naught

• .....and a cockroach
« Reply #837 on: April 01, 2016, 07:52:30 AM »
Awesome, I see they're going for a different approach in their career, love the disco vibes!

Offline mikeyd23

« Reply #838 on: April 01, 2016, 07:54:06 AM »

Offline Heretic

• hold your head up high
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #839 on: April 01, 2016, 02:16:54 PM »
don't wanna get too hyped because I don't want to get disappointed again but my lord if that doesn't sound like old a7x