Author Topic: IndyCar Wacky Cruise of Placid Procrastination - Back to Biz(arro)ness.  (Read 78999 times)

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
Hey hey!
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline Indiscipline

• Ponce
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Apply IMO --->
Re: IndyCar Wacky Races of Madness Roulette - Host in Translation
« Reply #2906 on: March 11, 2024, 02:47:49 PM »
I thought those orcs had even smaller teeth and claws than the ones in the first round.  They must have been sharper.   :censored

Also, so it sounds like for future reference for people in first (unlikely I'll get back there, but you never know), when sending you two songs, you're automatically rejecting a song you already know, even if it would have scored better than the one you didn't.  But for lower seeds sending a song you already know, you're accepting it anyway. 

Something peculiar has happened and has been peacefully ruled on, therefore in Common Law regimen it becomes standard practice and it behooves me to let you all know, because it might happen again.

As you know, while in p1, a player is able to send two songs. In case one of the song is already known by me, I will automatically pick the other one.

Indiscipline, Esq.

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
Re: IndyCar Wacky Races of Madness Roulette - As Soon as I Get Home.
« Reply #2907 on: March 11, 2024, 02:53:48 PM »

VII – lonestar p16 vs Sacul p13: Successful Overtake (better guitars break tie).

Band Maid: Daydreaming: 5.
Raw Score: 3. After five rounds, I think I've finally found my sweet compromise spot with your generous Japanese offering, that is those jumpy tunes (like this one) which with spunky, joyous, positive, and energetic amusement make me feel like the invincible (and vaguely pervy) hero of my own personal mecha anime fantasy. Great melody eventually helped as well.

It's funny you make this distinction, I came across the Japanese rabbit hole at the worst part of the pandemic, when thousands were dying daily, race riots were running rampant across the country, and we had our own delicious hell of the first Biden v trump campaign, and the ensuing shit show after he won. I found Nemophila at that time, and in the midst of all that chaos, there were these five adorable and ridiculously talented ladies who were dropping cover videos and originals every Friday like clockwork. I wouldn't be understating it to say that they (and all the acts in their blast radius like and Maid) saved my sanity in those days, and I think it's what you say that did it. All the J-metal acts have that same positivity and fun atmosphere about them, and it's so infectious, especially in a live environment.

Offline Indiscipline

• Ponce
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Apply IMO --->
The RouletteMania saved your sanity!
« Last Edit: March 11, 2024, 03:47:01 PM by Indiscipline »

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Alessandro, I'd love to hear about why my song hit you as hard as it did if you were willing to share.  If not, that's fine too.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Immediately got one back on Stads too!  :metal

Offline Indiscipline

• Ponce
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Apply IMO --->
Alessandro, I'd love to hear about why my song hit you as hard as it did if you were willing to share.  If not, that's fine too.

No problem. I had a bit of CoVid complications focking my throat up good and stopping me from performing for a while. In retrospect, it was a great time to stay alone with myself and fix other things after 20 years burnt without a pause, but during the ordeal I felt my very identity crumble. Now I'm fine, but I have a new appreciation for the limitations of being human and a newfound empathy for whomever loses his/her voice, in every sense.

Online twosuitsluke

• Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
Fucking nailed it! So glad you like that song. I don't think I've had a bad roulette score with Cosmic yet, it's that fucking good. I love challenging people's preconceptions of Avenged Sevenfold with it as well. Honestly, one of the next songs I've ever heard and holy shit does it stop time and space!

Litho, thanks for keeping my spot warm. I'm sure I won't be in it long :lol

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
Deciding whether or not I want to send this song is more difficult now that I’m in 5th place with enough overtake points to possibly take the lead :lol
Hey dude slow the fuck down so we can finish together at the same time.  :biggrin:
Squ
scRa are the resultaten of sound nog bring propey

Online twosuitsluke

Deciding whether or not I want to send this song is more difficult now that I’m in 5th place with enough overtake points to possibly take the lead :lol

If it helps, I have no fucking clue what to.send right now.

Online Buddyhunter1

• Professional Mellotron Spotter
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Observe The Train
Wait, my song was so bad I didn't even get the 1 point for you never hearing it before? :lol
BUDDYHUNTER | Debut Demo Out Now! FREE DOWNLOAD: https://buddyhunter.bandcamp.com/
RYM: https://rateyourmusic.com/~buddyhunter1

Offline Indiscipline

• Ponce
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Apply IMO --->
Wait, my song was so bad I didn't even get the 1 point for you never hearing it before? :lol

The bonus point is only for a never heard before "4".

Offline LithoJazzoSphere

• DT.net Veteran
  • Placid Eruption
I thought those orcs had even smaller teeth and claws than the ones in the first round.  They must have been sharper.   :censored

Also, so it sounds like for future reference for people in first (unlikely I'll get back there, but you never know), when sending you two songs, you're automatically rejecting a song you already know, even if it would have scored better than the one you didn't.  But for lower seeds sending a song you already know, you're accepting it anyway. 

Something peculiar has happened and has been peacefully ruled on, therefore in Common Law regimen it becomes standard practice and it behooves me to let you all know, because it might happen again.

As you know, while in p1, a player is able to send two songs. In case one of the song is already known by me, I will automatically pick the other one.

Indiscipline, Esq.

Aha.  I skimmed the OP and didn't see it, and sifting through 3,000 posts to find it was too daunting a concept. 

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns

Indiscipline, Esq.

Aha.  I skimmed the OP and didn't see it, and sifting through 3,000 posts to find it was too daunting a concept.

But you're right to point that out though.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Indiscipline

• Ponce
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Apply IMO --->
Jazzo did indeed good to point it out, and others could have lost that post of mine. I will add that - and I believe it has already happened, just don't remember with whom - when/if both the songs you submit are known, I will let you choose.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Jazzo did indeed good to point it out, and others could have lost that post of mine. I will add that - and I believe it has already happened, just don't remember with whom - when/if both the songs you submit are known, I will let you choose.

You can't get anything by Litho.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni

No problem. I had a bit of CoVid complications focking my throat up good and stopping me from performing for a while. In retrospect, it was a great time to stay alone with myself and fix other things after 20 years burnt without a pause, but during the ordeal I felt my very identity crumble. Now I'm fine, but I have a new appreciation for the limitations of being human and a newfound empathy for whomever loses his/her voice, in every sense.

Thanks mate.  Glad it all worked out and you were able to get back to normal.  It's true, sometimes we need to be reminded how lucky we are we can do the things we can do.

Offline King Puppies and the Acid Guppies

• I find your lack of filtered water disturbing
  • DTF.org Member
  • Together we can rule the ocean as father and son
Wow, I honestly didn't think you'd hate the song. I guess that's enough experimentation trying to go outside your comfort zone.

I'll send for the next round when I get home from work.
aka Puppies_On_Acid
Hey Stadler, your PM inbox is full.
Derek Sherinian probably stands 10 feet away from the urinal, shoots from downtown, and announces loudly that he's making history.
Quote from: TAC, definitely not King
Thes sng is are sounds rally nece an I lyke tha sungar

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
I may be a dumbass but I'm confused on what we are sending this round?

Offline Indiscipline

• Ponce
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Apply IMO --->
Re: IndyCar Wacky Races of Madness Roulette - As Soon as I Get Home.
« Reply #2924 on: March 11, 2024, 05:38:17 PM »

But while I'm still here, let me remind you to send for Round 6, where you join two different songs (provided by me just below) with a thematic / musical / lyrical (your choice) songbridge:

How did this guy become this guy

As always, in an unsufferable pretense of professionalism, I gladly point you to my second post on page 1 for all the pertinent info.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Sorry, yes told you, dumbass, missed all that.

Yeah......right.....okay.....WTF?!  :lol

Offline LithoJazzoSphere

• DT.net Veteran
  • Placid Eruption

You can't get anything by Litho.

Well, you kind of can, because I didn't quite remember that post.  :lol  I thought perhaps he could have written something like that, and theoretically could have asked when I PMed my songs, but since the ultimately chosen song was one I'd been sitting on for weeks, I decided to hedge my bets and go with an impulsive one for the second choice and see what happened. 

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Sent.

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
I'll send tomorrow, need to figure out what to send
Vmadera has evolved into Lonk

Online Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
As I said in my PM, I thought you might be familiar with that song. She has a lot of songs so I thought it was worth a shot.

Expecting to drop in the next round though. Probably need to amass some overtake points now.
This first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
Send something
Vmadera has evolved into Lonk

Online Buddyhunter1

• Professional Mellotron Spotter
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Observe The Train
Sent. Neither of your songs are really up my alley, so let's see how this does. :lol
BUDDYHUNTER | Debut Demo Out Now! FREE DOWNLOAD: https://buddyhunter.bandcamp.com/
RYM: https://rateyourmusic.com/~buddyhunter1

Online twosuitsluke

Sent. Neither of your songs are really up my alley, so let's see how this does. :lol

Yea, I'm struggling here, but will be sending soon.

Offline romdrums

Sent!
Though we live in trying times, we're the ones who have to try. -Neil Peart, 1952-2020.

There is a fundamental difference between filtered facts and firehosed opinions. -Stadler.

Online twosuitsluke

Sent

Offline Indiscipline

• Ponce
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Apply IMO --->
15/17.

So far, my hat goes off to everyone (who has sent) for a batch of extremely thought out / researched / out of the box submissions. That's exactly the kind of engagement I set up roulettes for. Theme-wise, pretty much everything is on point, therefore I suspect the line of scrimmage will be sheer musical appreciation for this bout.

Also, four songs I already know this time.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
So.....

TWO SLACKERS!!!!!! :lol

Offline King Puppies and the Acid Guppies

• I find your lack of filtered water disturbing
  • DTF.org Member
  • Together we can rule the ocean as father and son
So.....

TWO SLACKERS!!!!!! :lol
Not me this time.
aka Puppies_On_Acid
Hey Stadler, your PM inbox is full.
Derek Sherinian probably stands 10 feet away from the urinal, shoots from downtown, and announces loudly that he's making history.
Quote from: TAC, definitely not King
Thes sng is are sounds rally nece an I lyke tha sungar

Online Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
This first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.

Online Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ¿De qué sirvió haber cruzado a nado la mar?
Re: IndyCar Wacky Races of Madness Roulette - Well, I Am the Slacker!
« Reply #2939 on: March 13, 2024, 10:20:31 AM »
Surprisingly, not even me :o