Author Topic: Sucal's daul roulette v6 - POST-ROULETTE UPDATE FOR R1!!!!!!  (Read 23808 times)

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
  • tdjghjjkhliòujoàupougjyufkuyrkuyt
Re: Sacul's dual roulette v6 - SECOND HALF-PRESSIONS ARE UP !!!!!!1!
« Reply #245 on: December 07, 2023, 08:04:55 PM »
i guess it's the 'murican one? zach bryan is like, the least country-sounding country dude i've ever heard tho but fair :V

Offline soupytwist

• Star Trekkin
« Reply #246 on: December 08, 2023, 05:00:58 AM »
Midwest? or 'Merican?

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ¿De qué sirvió haber cruzado a nado la mar?
« Reply #247 on: December 08, 2023, 05:07:36 AM »
i guess it's the 'murican one? zach bryan is like, the least country-sounding country dude i've ever heard tho but fair :V
Might not be obvious since you live there but it does sound too burger 'murican to me indeed, not necessarily country :lol

Midwest? or 'Merican?
Neither.

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
Re: Sacul's dual roulette v6 - FIRST HALF-PRESSIONS ARE UP !!!!!!1!
« Reply #248 on: December 08, 2023, 09:51:52 AM »
Anyway here's the solved thing, I'll have results hopefully tonight or tomorrow morning, depends on whether i get drunk later today or not :P

Lizzo: Interesting atmosphere
soupytwist: It ends just when it was getting interesting
twosuitsluke: Pretty intricate song, though I feel it could have been shortened a bit
romdrums: I don't know what the title has to do with the music, but I think it fits somewhat
ReaperKK: Very technical, and lacking memorable melodies
Crow: Maybe a bit too 'murican for my taste
Indiscipline: Lyrics are a bit too hippie for me, but the music is rather nice
Shadow Ninja 2.0: It feels quite like midwest emo but with very different instrumentation
faizoff: The strings are lovely here, but I'm not sure about the rest
Buddy: This is quite emo
HOF: At first I thought it was an 80s recording, but seems it's way more recent?
Vmadera00: This one feels fitting for a bar with a bit of a hippie public
Elite: I kept expecting this song to explode or something, but it didn't
Puppies: First half of the song is nice, second one is nicer.
ariich: Quite a cinematic vibe

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
Re: Sacul's dual roulette v6 - SECOND HALF-PRESSIONS SOLVED !!!!!!1!
« Reply #249 on: December 08, 2023, 09:55:22 AM »
So just in case you haven't been to the deep-cuts sessions or have no clue what I'm digging lately, here's a chart I made with my favorite discoveries of the year so far:

Open the image in a new tab to see it in full size. I've also added a link to it in the OP, under "Useful links".

Offline Indiscipline

• Ponce
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Apply IMO --->
« Reply #250 on: December 09, 2023, 02:08:47 PM »
Pop and corn

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #251 on: December 09, 2023, 10:59:07 PM »
Oops, I got a bit depressed on Friday, and today I ended up spending all day long with my friends so I felt better. Now it's 3 AM and I've got insomnia, which means I'm making writeups right now :corn

Offline King Puppies and the Acid Guppies

• I find your lack of filtered water disturbing
  • DTF.org Member
  • Together we can rule the ocean as father and son
Re: Sacul's dual roulette v6 - SOON!!!!!1!
« Reply #252 on: December 09, 2023, 11:03:23 PM »
 :metal
aka Puppies_On_Acid
Hey Stadler, your PM inbox is full.
Derek Sherinian probably stands 10 feet away from the urinal, shoots from downtown, and announces loudly that he's making history.
Quote from: TAC, definitely not King
Thes sng is are sounds rally nece an I lyke tha sungar

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #253 on: December 09, 2023, 11:18:59 PM »
 :corn

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #254 on: December 10, 2023, 12:04:27 AM »
I'm 1/3 through them, and as Metro said, nothing personal, kiddos.

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #255 on: December 10, 2023, 12:08:23 AM »

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #256 on: December 10, 2023, 12:14:06 AM »
Jesus Freaking Christ :lol

So far the lowest score is gonna be a 3 or a 2.75, highest one a 4.5 :corn

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #257 on: December 10, 2023, 12:20:28 AM »
Except for me, I'm getting a 1 right?
aka Puppies_On_Acid
Derek Sherinian probably stands 10 feet away from the urinal, shoots from downtown, and announces loudly that he's making history.

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #258 on: December 10, 2023, 12:27:40 AM »

Online twosuitsluke

• Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
« Reply #259 on: December 10, 2023, 12:51:31 AM »
I'm 1/3 through them, and as Metro said, nothing personal, kiddos.

It's OK, I never take your poor taste personally. You probably should though :lol

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #260 on: December 10, 2023, 01:07:40 AM »
At least nobody fears getting Rattlesnake in a roulette out of nowhere from me ;D

Ok, just 6 writeups remaining, and I think sleep is finally catching up with me, so I'll leave them for when I wake up, sorry :P

In the meantime, enjoy the round's playlist.

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
Re: Sacul's dual roulette v6 - VERY SOON (I JUST WOKE UP)!!!!!1!
« Reply #261 on: December 10, 2023, 08:27:48 AM »
Aight, just woke up, feeling tired, but also motivated to finish these writeups, let's goooo :metal

Online twosuitsluke

« Reply #262 on: December 10, 2023, 08:36:59 AM »
Rattlesnake
Rattlesnake
Rattlesnake
Rattles Me

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #263 on: December 10, 2023, 10:13:22 AM »
twosuitsluke

Mahavishnu Orchestra – Open Country Joy
First impression: Quite a fitting title

So both of these tracks have been a bit of cheating (considering my recent rekindling of prog), but also very risky (I was kinda bored by one of their albums). And it paid off quite well! Both tracks took quite a bit to digest, so let's go with the this track.
First off, your dad was so based, I'm sure he'd have loved to hear you tell him this band scored quite well in "one of your internet games".
Second, France.
Third, although short and dense, this track is quite beautiful and upbeat, I love the violin and how it's an active member of the compositon rather than an afterthought - it blends wonderfully with the other instruments. I'm kinda left wanting a bit more actually, when the track ends, so...

Mahavishnu Orchestra – One Word
First impression: Pretty intricate song, though I feel it could have been shortened a bit

...onto a track that, while great on the whole, and fucking awesome at individual moments, it really could have done with like, a minute less of just a drums solo in the second half imo. But that's not too distracting, since the rest of the song blows... most prog instrumentals out of the water. Such a tight composition, it feels like a very good jam session instead. Just great solo after great solo, constantly going back and forth with each other. And then the grand finale, which is just a wall of intensity and synchronicity - so good.
While some years ago I'd have not paid much attention to it, I must say this track is one that requires quite intense focus to appreciate, else it can become (annoying) background music quite easily.

Shadow Ninja 2.0

Homestuck – Pumpkin Party in Sea Hitler's Water Apocalypse
First impression: Now this is the kind of genre bending I dig

The most Shadow Ninja thing you could have sent me, and quite off to a good start! At first I felt this was just quirky music for a very peculiar webcomic / crossmedia thing / whetever Homestuck is. But I've come to appreciate the blend of chiptune, DJ scratches, sea chants (?) and uhhhh yeah no clue what else is going on, but it's certainly quite catchy.
Short, sweet, and makes me curious to at least check out the OST to this thing you love dearly.

Pete Yorn – Lose You
First impression: It feels quite like midwest emo but with very different instrumentation

Dunno why you thought I'd be familar with this one, it doesn't ring a bell at all nor I've heard of this guy. Anyway, my comment came from thinking that, if you replaced that piano for an electric guitar, and the beats for drums, then it wouldn't sound ouf of place in an emo album.
So, fairly simple track in its structure, but that slowly adds elements as it progresses, making it feel a bit more dynamic and just interesting enough for me to want to keep listening to more.

Buddyhunter1

Blanck Mass – House Vs. House
First impression: It takes a bit of time to get going, but is it worth it?

So yeah this was quite fun to listen to on my playlist, as is the song that immediately follows John Lennon's God :lol.
I'll admit I listened to World Eater twice but didn't think much of it, and even ended up liking Death Drop from this album, but you're quite lucky I didn't listen to the  whole thing, as I may have banned it. This track may feel quite repetitive to some, but I just think that electronic music lends itself naturally better to this style of songwriting - I like how this track plays with just a few sounds and has a very simple song structure, but it just works so well. Love the synths and the uninteligible vocals, and the beats are great. Kinda wished the production was a tad cleaner and less compressed, but it doesn't detract that much.

Greet Death – I Hate Everything
First impression: This is quite emo

Not a bad thing to be emo tho! I've just had a very hard time finding something other than Brand New I can connect with, and seeing you send me another song by these guys but "this time is different", it made me curious. I think I prefer the mellower approach on this track, with some subtle but very tasty distorted guitars here and there.
But I'm afraid the song has the fault (for me at least) of not varying too much on itself, that is, I feel it's just one continous section rather than having several distinct ones, and the pacing rarely changes. While that works quite well on the Blanck Mass tune, it makes this track feel a bit same-y to me.

HOF

Yes – Our Song
First impression: Kinda similar to some stuff I've been digging lately

You're quite lucky I've been jamming some 80s New Wave and similar lately, very slowly warming up to that style. So seeing you send me some poppier Yes made me curious, would this be cool or suck and blow?
It's a cool track indeed! You know that my favorite pop album ever is The Colour of Spring, so every pop song is gonna have to compare to that, and while it doesn't reach that level, I found myself enjoying this quite a bit. I find the synths a biiiiit too bombastic for my liking, but that's also part of the 80s charm. It's a pretty convential song in terms of structure too and that's just fine.
Fairly short and catchy tune, I like it.

Jakko Jakszyk – The Trouble With Angels
First impression: At first I thought it was an 80s recording, but seems it's way more recent?

Definitely an ear cleanser after such intense music :lol. I thought it reminded me of some 80s projects like This Mortal Coil and David Sylvian's solo work, but seems it's very recent. Is this the guy that's been the touring singer with KC lately, right? I think I may have seen him live when they came to Argentina in 2019.
Anyway, the song has quite an interesting, mellow atmosphere that I find myself
digging. Not sure what the deal with angels is but he sings it so nicely I don't care. Love the fretless bass here and there, and the piano is lovely.
Simple song, and an effective one.

Puppies

Monica Heldal – The One in the Sun (Tinka)
First impression: Guitar tone reminds me of the first GYBE! albums.

Yeah that guitar tone is very similar to the one used in some of my favorite albums of all time, so I was curious to see how it'd be used on a completely different genre. This song starts in an almost modern GYBE! fashion but then stops for a moment and acoustic guitars appear, nice. Quite an interesting approach to the Folk Rock genre, almost feels mixed with Post-Rock. I like the instrumental parts a lot more than the sung sections - not that I dislike her voice, but I feel these parts tend to be a little weaker in comparison.
As much as I enjoyed this track, I feel it's a tad too long - at around the 7 minute mark I felt it had said most of what it had to say, but then it went on for another 2 minutes for some reason. It's a nice section certainly, and sort of wraps up with the rest, but I dunno. Maybe some of the middle sections could have been cut.

The The – Uncertain Smile
First impression: First half of the song is nice, second one is nicer.

You're in luck, as I've been digging New Wave and similar 80s Pop lately, very slowly warming up to those sounds. This song on its first half feels a bit like a standard radio tune of the time, but when the piano appears on the second half, now that's when things get very interesting. It's such an energetic, vibrant playing, and fits this song so well, and elevates it a lot imo - I also love how it plays with the bass. Real good shit.
Seems I've had this album on my wishlist for ages, guess it's time to check it out.

Indiscipline

John Lennon – Beautiful Boy (Darling Boy)
First impression: Although I can't relate to being a dad, I think this is quite heartfelt and lovely

This song is quite catchy, maybe a bit too much in the end - I've had this stuck on my head all week long, and it's been a little annoying to be honest :lol. I like the minimal but subtle processing on his voice, and the rest of the instrumentation sounds quite nice. Where it loses me a bit is that overall it felt a tad one-dimensional - the percussion rarely changes in a noticeable way for instance, and while I don't mind that in, say, electronic music, in other genres it can be a tad grating. And while I'm never truly bothered, it does lower its score a bit for me.

John Lennon – God
First impression: Lyrics are a bit too hippie for me, but the music is rather nice

I love the main melody here, it's got quite an intensity, and the pacing is rather nice, it works better than the other track imo. But man, I'm not a fan of the lyrics, if I didn't know they were written in 1970 and by this dude, well... I guess they must have been shocking to parents back then.

Elite

Chano Dominguez, Antonio Lizana, Marc Miralta, Manel Fortia – All the Things You Are
First impression: Quite a lot to take in

Pure Jazz music can be quite a bit to take in for me, so I need several listen to begin to unwrap it. So seems this album is just a bunch of standards? I know nothing about them, so it all sounds new to me. I like the interplay between all of the instruments here, these guys are quite talented. What I'm usually struggling with in Jazz is that I want a bit more than just the typical instruments - give me vocals, give me synths, electronics, weird shit! I'm a contemporary person that enjoys weird genre fusions most of the time. One band that I've found interesting but has been a bit hit or miss is Fire! Orchestra - their album Exit is so cool.
What I'm trying to say it, take bit more of a risk in this roulette, it might pay off quite well.

Imogen Heap – Hide and Seek
First impression: I kept expecting this song to explode or something, but it didn't

Dunno why everyone surprised I didn't know this one - maybe it's just typical first worlders acting up like I should know their niche songs while they know nothing about my culture :P.
Anyway, this is a nice song, on my first listen I kept expecting the vocoder to fade into unprocessed vocals and a band to appear and all of that. But nope. I've come to appreciate this song for what it is, a pretty nice and layered tune with just vocals done in an interesting way. It's got a nice emotional components to it, but due to the vocoder, I'm afraid I don't understand half the lyrics without looking them up, and even then I find it a bit difficult to connect with what she's singing.
Still, a very interesting piece.

ariich
Vaults – Midnight River
First impression: Pretty straightforward and simple, I like it

It certainly would fit some of the other impressions like "normie" and "supermarket music", but it's certainly way less offensive than most music by those labels. It's quite well-written, it's catchy, it comes and goes and does its job well enough. One thing I don't dislike but that I don't like either is the vocalist - I've just heard that same style over and over, and never appealed to my latino ears for some reason.
Not much to say, I like it, but I prefer my pop to be a bit more elaborate and dynamic.

A.A. Williams – Melt
First impression: Quite a cinematic vibe

Now this is a name I've seen you send in many roulettes, and for some reason I expected another pop tune that would still appeal to our prog sensibilities. So uhhh yeah this is different :lol.
Feels like a mix of Singer-Songwriter with Post-Rock, and while I find such genre bending very intriguing, it may not end up succeeding all the time. Maybe is this particular track that doesn't grab me much as I'd like to, but I feel the vocal melodies to be a little too safe, and her singing style quite normal, not risking much as with the instrumentation. I dunno, maybe had this been a little more experimental I'd have liked it more.
I can see why this has been a like, It's Free Real Estate round winner in most roulettes recently, but I'm afraid not this time.

Crow

Gang of Youths – the kingdom is within you
First impression: Feels both modern and old

Hmnnn I'm still not sure what to make of this after several listens - on the one hand it's got a lovely sound and feels somewhat fresh, which is always good in my book. On the other hand, the main melodies are a biiiit on the more commercial side of things, but not much thankfully. Also I'd have liked a bit more balance between the instrumental sections and the sung parts, as I'm sure they'd have sounded great with a bit more time to elaborate.
Although it may not hit the mark, I feel this is headed in the right direction. Curious to hear the rest of that roulette playlist you sent me.

Zach Bryan ft. Maggie Rogers – Dawns
First impression: Maybe a bit too 'murican for my taste

I guess this is certainly the "least country-sounding country dude" I've listened to as well, but it still is quite 'murican for my tastes. It starts quite well, but when the strings appear and the voices in the background start going "ooooohhhh", I begin to lose interest - I wouldn't say it's that generic, but if I was watching one of those boring horse movies set in Montana (or wherever you have people rising horses these days, I don't really know / care / same thing), I wouldn't be surprised at all if this began playing.
It's a fine song I guess, country in any of its forms just doesn't appeal to me.

ReaperKK

Don Ross – First Ride
First impression: Hmnnn fairly intricate and nice playing, but I feel Lizzo would jam with this more than me

I wouldn't have been surprised if Lizzo had sent me this instead of you, I know you both share a love for this sort intricate, mostly one instrument chill compositions. I think this would work quite nicely as a soundtrack for a game or an indie film, as it creates a very chill and joyful atmosphere. Fairly simple song is terms of structure, it's easy to get lost into it and just enjoy the layers of sounds this guy creates, but I'm not sure I enjoy it as much on its own.

Kaki King – Joi
First impression: Very technical, and lacking memorable melodies

Yeah I've seen her around a bit, I think the first time I did encounter her was a TED Talk years and years ago, and then you sent me something from her some roulette(s) ago. I recall her being extremely talented and skilled, but lacking any sense of composition. I'm afraid my opinion hasn't changed much - this feels like guitar ASMR rather than a piece that goes anywhere, and while that is fine, it's not what I'm looking for these days. Sure I like when it gets intense near the end, but that's about the most interesting part of this.

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #264 on: December 10, 2023, 10:13:49 AM »
Lizzo

Nickel Creek – Ode To a Butterfly
First impression: The cover for this album looks like a pop record instead

Yeah this cover felt like they were the next Cardigans or something :lol. But no, it's just bluegrass, which I've never found too exciting tbh. And I think this song shows that, if I were 'murican, and lived in the countryside, sure this would be a banger to dance to in the barn with ~~you're mom~~ the ladies. But such an intricate, technical song kinda loses me outside of its proper context.
It's decent background music I guess.

King Woman – Golgotha
First impression: Interesting atmosphere

2 out of 5, sucks and blows amirite :neverusethis:.
Ok so, Atmospheric Sludge Metal and Doom Metal seem to be more miss than hit genres for me, as I tend to find most of the songs kinda boring and unoriginal. And while this track adds something cool with the strings, I'm afraid they're so sporadic they might not be there at all. And this song kinda has a sort of intense section in the second half but it's so tame it felt like a regular section in a heavier song. Production is uninventive and sounds like every other band of this ilk - at least it's well recorded and mixed.

faizoff

M83 – Reunion
First impression: A bit too normie for my taste, but it's quite well produced at least

I quite like the collab they made with Suzanne Sundfor for that movie, but I never bothered to listen to them. Outside of the half lovely, half annoying Midnight City. I'm afraid this doesn't improve my opinion of the, quite the opposite - it feels to Synthpop what Coldplay is to Alternative Rock, if that makes any sense.

M83 – Soon, My Friend
First impression: The strings are lovely here, but I'm not sure about the rest

I prefer this track a bit more, in particular the strings and the feeling of closure, but man this is just too "normal people music", and while I don't consider myself a weirdo ~~nor a creep, what the hell am I doing here, I don't belong here~~, I prefer my Synthpop a bit more original.
This is just too commercial for me.

soupytwist

Ezra Vine – Celeste
First impression: I'm vaguely reminded of Fleet Foxes, but watered down

It's that sort of Indie Folk sound with layered vocals that reminds me of that band, but quite a bit more commercial and "normie" I guess, to the point of feeling quite generic for its genre - wouldn't be out of place in a mayor Hollywood movie. It's also got a fairly repetitive structure with little to no modulations that makes it one-dimensional. I just feel I've heard this style before and done better.

The National – Sorrow
First impression: It ends just when it was getting interesting

For some reason I found Boxer to be a fairly insipid record, but that was some time ago, so I'm curious to see if my opinion changes on this track from another album.
It's certainly an improvement! Although this track has a similar construction to the previous song, it works a lot better here imo - I'm reminded of The Antlers for instance. And I like how it feels like it's building up to something, that sadly never comes to a climax or anything, but I guess it doesn't have to.
It's a nice song, not sure if it moves the needly enough for me to want to check out this band further, but it was enjoyable.

romdrums

Caspian – Halls of the Summer
First impression: I like how the percussion goes from electronic to real drums

Hmnnn Post-Rock tends to be a difficult genre for me, as I'm more into the first 2 waves of it than anything more recent - bands like Talk Talk, early Swans and Godspeed, Bark Psychosis, and such. More recent efforts have always felt like either clones of Explosions in the Sky or 65daysofstatic, both which I don't enjoy that much.
This I'm afraid seems to be closer to the latter band, and while I enjoy it a bit, I feel I've listened to this crescendocore style of songwriting quite a bit over the years, and unless it adds something genuinely interesting, I'm kinda bored. This song does nothing particularly special imo, I guess it'd fit well into a soundtrack like the No Man's Sky one, but on its own it's just ok.

Caspian – Fire Made Flesh
First impression: I don't know what the title has to do with the music, but I think it fits somewhat

I've got a very similar critique here, it just feels like Post-Rock by the numbers rather than an interesting exploration of the possibilities of ambient music through the lens of a Rock band. Again, it feels quite soundtrack-y, and while there are some sounds that I find a bit more interesting here, it's probably not enough to make it a standout song for the genre.

Vmadera00

Jarabe de palo – Bonito
First impression: Feels a bit much like radio music you listen to in the supermarket

Yeah both of these songs are just a bit too weed-smoking hippie for me, at least on the lyrics. The music is fine I guess, but I find it so funny this has tags like "Latin Pop" or "Latin Alternative", seeing these dudes are from Spain :P

Jarabe de palo – Dos Dias en la Vida
First impression: This one feels fitting for a bar with a bit of a hippie public

This one is slightly better, I wouldn't mind it as background music on a bar, but it just feels I've listened to this a dozen times, and none of those I've enjoyed it that much.

Scoreboard
twosuitsluke   8.5
Shadow Ninja 2.0   8
Buddyhunter1   7.75
HOF   7.75
King Puppies and the Acid Guppies   7.75
Indiscipline   7.25
Elite   7.25
Crow   6.75
ariich   6.75
ReaperKK   6.5
Lizzo   6.25
soupytwist   6.25
faizoff   6.25
romdrums   6.25
Vmadera00   5.75

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #265 on: December 10, 2023, 10:14:56 AM »
Aight, send for round 2! The theme is "Dreams".

Online Buddyhunter1

• Professional Mellotron Spotter
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Observe The Train
Re: Sacul's dual roulette v6 - ROUND 1 RESULTS ARE UP!!!!!!!!1!
« Reply #266 on: December 10, 2023, 10:23:08 AM »
Top three, not off to a bad start. :corn
BUDDYHUNTER | Debut Demo Out Now! FREE DOWNLOAD: https://buddyhunter.bandcamp.com/
RYM: https://rateyourmusic.com/~buddyhunter1

Online twosuitsluke

« Reply #267 on: December 10, 2023, 10:36:10 AM »
Firstly, you had me at the start! I forgot this was scores out of 5 and thought I'd come last!

Secondly, yes my Dad would've LOVED to have known that his influence had rubbed off on me, and then in turn on a guy in Argentina who is old enough to be his grandkid. All in 2023! Yea, I wish he was here for me to tell him all this!

Lastly, paying attention to a hosts tastes is not cheating! :lol  those deepcut.fm sessions really paid off. Now to blow it in the second round.

Offline Indiscipline

• Ponce
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Apply IMO --->
« Reply #268 on: December 10, 2023, 10:48:40 AM »
Way better than I expected!

I'll send once I reach a keyboard.

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #269 on: December 10, 2023, 11:17:28 AM »
I already have the round 2 songs on my playlist I sent you, but I might be changing one of them.
aka Puppies_On_Acid

Online Buddyhunter1

• Professional Mellotron Spotter
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Observe The Train
« Reply #270 on: December 10, 2023, 11:18:11 AM »
SENT, BOTH OF MY ARTISTS HAVE ALL-CAPS NAMES BUT THAT'S JUST A COINCIDENCE
BUDDYHUNTER | Debut Demo Out Now! FREE DOWNLOAD: https://buddyhunter.bandcamp.com/
RYM: https://rateyourmusic.com/~buddyhunter1

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #271 on: December 10, 2023, 11:26:21 AM »
middle of the pack, sure  :corn

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #272 on: December 10, 2023, 11:27:23 AM »
Firstly, you had me at the start! I forgot this was scores out of 5 and thought I'd come last!

Secondly, yes my Dad would've LOVED to have known that his influence had rubbed off on me, and then in turn on a guy in Argentina who is old enough to be his grandkid. All in 2023! Yea, I wish he was here for me to tell him all this!

Lastly, paying attention to a hosts tastes is not cheating! :lol  those deepcut.fm sessions really paid off. Now to blow it in the second round.
Yeah I kinda realized that only after I had posted the results :lol.

:heart

Time to suck and blow :metal

I already have the round 2 songs on my playlist I sent you, but I might be changing one of them.
Sure, let me know when you're ready.

Offline Shadow Ninja 2.0

• Heir Transparent
  • Transcribing Existence Rivets
« Reply #273 on: December 10, 2023, 12:06:50 PM »
Wow, I'm actually not doing terribly yet. I find most great Homestuck music is great in part because of how it's used in the comic and isn't necessarily as strong on its own, but there's also so much of it that there's a good amount I enjoy listening to just by itself.

Also, sent for next round.

Offline HOF

« Reply #274 on: December 10, 2023, 01:46:50 PM »
That's a solid start! Sent for round 2.

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #275 on: December 10, 2023, 07:30:35 PM »
Sure, let me know when you're ready.
I ended up changing both songs. They are ready to go in the playlist. :corn
aka Puppies_On_Acid

Online LithoJazzoSphere

• DT.net Veteran
  • Placid Eruption
« Reply #276 on: December 10, 2023, 09:42:24 PM »
It's early, but it's looking like I could mirror your placement in mine.   ;D

I'm kind of curious who you consider "bands of this ilk" though. 

And for Reaper's, I think I may have even played some Don Ross in deepcut.fm in the past month or two (play history says I definitely did, just don't remember for sure if you were in the room or not, but I'm thinking you were), so that might explain that. 

Sent for round 2. 

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #277 on: December 11, 2023, 05:50:00 AM »
Really? after I rigged my roulette for you  :biggrin: (just kidding, it was a clean win). That's fair though. Will send something shortly.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2023, 09:22:54 AM by Vmadera00 »
Vmadera has evolved into Lonk

Offline soupytwist

• Star Trekkin
« Reply #278 on: December 11, 2023, 09:14:25 AM »
Sent for round 2.

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
« Reply #279 on: December 11, 2023, 01:27:50 PM »
Maybe I should have sent one of the Spanish sung tracks on the record. It’s a beautiful album; yes, all the songs are standards, but the way they morph them intro this afro-cuban latin thing is amazing.

Sending soon!
Hey dude slow the fuck down so we can finish together at the same time.  :biggrin:
Squ
scRa are the resultaten of sound nog bring propey