Author Topic: 2022 NFL Thread (Chiefs win Super Bowl 57)  (Read 102973 times)

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
Re: 2022 NFL Thread
« Reply #2520 on: January 21, 2023, 07:39:59 PM »
Definitely getting nervous just following the score... Talk about putting an ass whooping

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #2521 on: January 21, 2023, 08:06:59 PM »
Giants down 28 in the 3rd. Executes 2 running plays.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #2522 on: January 21, 2023, 08:36:19 PM »
All you dummies complaining about the big time announcers need to STFU.

Daryl Johnston and Joe Davis are boring AF.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #2523 on: January 21, 2023, 08:54:53 PM »
Wow, NY seems incapable of stopping anything:lol 
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #2524 on: January 21, 2023, 11:08:43 PM »
Welp, bought my plane ticket to Philly.  Anyone up for a meetup?
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #2525 on: January 22, 2023, 06:17:27 AM »
I can't do a Philly trip next week, but Cowboys/Eagles in the NFCCG will be fun!

Online DragonAttack

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2526 on: January 22, 2023, 07:09:07 AM »
 :lol
...going along with Dragon Attack's Queen thread has been like taking a free class in Queen knowledge. Where else are you gonna find info like that?!

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #2527 on: January 22, 2023, 09:35:53 AM »
:rollin

Online pg1067

« Reply #2528 on: January 22, 2023, 04:19:49 PM »
I didn't see the first half of the KC/JAX game.  Then I noticed I could get live TV on plane.  I turned it on when it was 17-14, but it was pretty much a dud after that.

The PHI/NY game was terrible.  Completely non-competitive.

Same with the BUF/CIN game.  I don't know if the weather caused or contributed to it, but CIN looked miles better, and Buffalo and Josh Allen looked completely outmatched.

Hoping that the DAL/SF game will salvage an otherwise fairly shitty weekend of football.  Hoping it comes down to a last second field goal for a Cowboy win.
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Online King Puppies and the Acid Guppies

• I find your lack of filtered water disturbing
  • DTF.org Member
  • Together we can rule the ocean as father and son
« Reply #2529 on: January 22, 2023, 04:22:52 PM »
I did not see the Bengals dispatching the Bills so easily. :o
aka Puppies_On_Acid
Hey Stadler, your PM inbox is full.
Derek Sherinian probably stands 10 feet away from the urinal, shoots from downtown, and announces loudly that he's making history.
Quote from: TAC, definitely not King
Thes sng is are sounds rally nece an I lyke tha sungar

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #2530 on: January 22, 2023, 04:38:02 PM »
I did not see the Bengals dispatching the Bills so easily. :o

Yeah, that was a thoroughly convincing win. I really don't see the Chefs being up to that level of play, especially if Mahone isn't on a full tank, but we'll see

Offline jammindude

« Reply #2531 on: January 22, 2023, 06:46:49 PM »
OK, that may have been one of the greatest catches I’ve ever seen in my life!
"Better the pride that resides in a citizen of the world.
Than the pride that divides when a colorful rag is unfurled." - Neil Peart

The Jammin Dude Show - https://www.youtube.com/user/jammindude

Online King Puppies and the Acid Guppies

• I find your lack of filtered water disturbing
  • DTF.org Member
  • Together we can rule the ocean as father and son
« Reply #2532 on: January 22, 2023, 06:57:15 PM »
OK, that may have been one of the greatest catches I’ve ever seen in my life!
No kidding! That concentration! :metal
aka Puppies_On_Acid
Hey Stadler, your PM inbox is full.
Derek Sherinian probably stands 10 feet away from the urinal, shoots from downtown, and announces loudly that he's making history.
Quote from: TAC, definitely not King
Thes sng is are sounds rally nece an I lyke tha sungar

Offline faizoff

« Reply #2533 on: January 22, 2023, 07:10:22 PM »
Kittle is such a character, great catch and then moved away from getting pummelled during that catch.
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Offline faizoff

« Reply #2534 on: January 22, 2023, 07:23:19 PM »
It's going to be something if the Cowboys score a TD in this drive with no time remaining and the kicker misses the extra point.
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #2535 on: January 22, 2023, 07:47:15 PM »
Ya gotta dump that on Dak, but McCarthy kind of bungled the end of the game.

Phili is going to massacre SF.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline faizoff

« Reply #2536 on: January 22, 2023, 07:47:21 PM »
What ever in the world was that last play supposed to be with Zeke at center?

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #2537 on: January 22, 2023, 08:03:45 PM »
That was a legit great football game.  Love those defensive battles where it feels like every turnover or score is very impactful.  Very old school.  And Dallas lost, which made it even better.  :metal :metal

I am not surprised the Bengals won today, but I thought the Bills would put up more of a fight.  They are going backwards and may have missed their window to get to and win a Super Bowl.  Joe Burrow is scary good.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
Re: 2022 NFL Thread (Bengals/Chiefs and 49ers/Eagles incoming!)
« Reply #2538 on: January 22, 2023, 10:15:31 PM »
Wow, even when everything that could possibly go right for Dallas goes right for Dallas, SF is still too much for them.  I don't give Philly a chance next week.  Like the Cowboys learned today, Philly just hasn't faced a team this good that can find so many ways to beat you. 

Offline Skeever

« Reply #2539 on: January 23, 2023, 05:06:49 AM »
Without a doubt I think we got the four best teams for the championship games. Just hope Mahomes injury doesn't mean a shadow of himself is going to be playing as I would like that to be a great game as last year.

Offline lordxizor

• EZBoard Elder
  • and that is the truth.
« Reply #2540 on: January 23, 2023, 05:56:53 AM »
I'm so glad the Cowboys lost. Eagles/Cowboys would have been horrible. Go Niners!

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #2541 on: January 23, 2023, 06:01:13 AM »
Mahomes can beat you from the pocket, but he definitely won't be able to run around and make busted plays like he normally does.  I have to think the Chiefs will have extra motivation having lost three straight times to the Bengals, but how much difference that makes is hard to say.  My early thought is that it feels like a game the Bengals should win, but the Chiefs find a way to win.

The Eagles front 7 is going to make life miserable for Purdy, who again looked for much of yesterday like a guy who was about to implode and commit THE turnover that flipped the game, but it never happened.  The Eagles at home are a much more difficult task than the Cowboys at home.  The 49ers defense can definitely flip the game by forcing a turnover or two.  It feels like if the Eagles play a clean game, they will be difficult to beat. 

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #2542 on: January 23, 2023, 07:40:14 AM »
Anybody remember when Donovan McNabb threw 4 touchdown passes on a broken ankle?

Of course not.  Everything Mahomes does is unique and special.  :) :) :) :) :) :)

Phillip Rivers played on a torn ACL.  Ben Roethlisberger played on a broken foot (and had a broken nose).  The announcers were fawning over Mahomes - a gutty performance, no doubt, I'm just ragging on the HYPE, not the player - and I kept thinking, "Ben Roethlisberger did this every two weeks for about five years. He must be tired of saying "hold my beer"". 

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2543 on: January 23, 2023, 07:45:23 AM »
Ya gotta dump that on Dak, but McCarthy kind of bungled the end of the game.

Phili is going to massacre SF.

Wow! How unusual!  :) :)   (Go back about a page or so, and you'll see I make that call.  McCarthy is HORRIBLE at late-game management.)

SO much for the "Dak has found redemption with that win against Tampa Bay!" line of reasoning.  Took exactly one game to fall back to form.   I am so happy Dallas lost.   

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2544 on: January 23, 2023, 07:46:35 AM »
That was a legit great football game.  Love those defensive battles where it feels like every turnover or score is very impactful.  Very old school.  And Dallas lost, which made it even better.  :metal :metal

I am not surprised the Bengals won today, but I thought the Bills would put up more of a fight.  They are going backwards and may have missed their window to get to and win a Super Bowl.  Joe Burrow is scary good.

I was literally thinking BOTH those things today.   I am a big Josh Allen fan; I think he had the opportunity to be the best quarterback in the league, and I think that's slipping away now. 

Online Dream Team

« Reply #2545 on: January 23, 2023, 08:24:51 AM »
Anybody remember when Donovan McNabb threw 4 touchdown passes on a broken ankle?

Of course not.  Everything Mahomes does is unique and special.  :) :) :) :) :) :)

Phillip Rivers played on a torn ACL.  Ben Roethlisberger played on a broken foot (and had a broken nose).  The announcers were fawning over Mahomes - a gutty performance, no doubt, I'm just ragging on the HYPE, not the player - and I kept thinking, "Ben Roethlisberger did this every two weeks for about five years. He must be tired of saying "hold my beer"".

Spot-on about Ben. Of course the haters accused him of playing up the injuries so enhance his "toughness" reputation which was BS. The guy took the biggest beating of any QB of his era and never backed down, never got in the fetal position during a pass rush. As you said, he was always playing banged-up.

Cincinnati is a complete team as was well demonstrated Sunday. KC is pure offense only, even a healthy Pat would have to play out of his mind to overcome that. I think Cinci wins easily. Already the 2nd post-season Pat's had to play with a significant injury, there sure as hell ain't no horseshoe up HIS ass.

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #2546 on: January 23, 2023, 08:33:47 AM »

Emmett pounding the Giants with the dislocated shoulder still takes the cake, though.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Online gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #2547 on: January 23, 2023, 08:39:08 AM »
Cincinnati is a complete team as was well demonstrated Sunday. KC is pure offense only, even a healthy Pat would have to play out of his mind to overcome that. I think Cinci wins easily. Already the 2nd post-season Pat's had to play with a significant injury, there sure as hell ain't no horseshoe up HIS ass.

Average Joe football fan observation here:

If the Jags receiver doesn't cough that ball up as they were about to score there late in the game KC loses that game anyway. Pretty 'fortunate' bounce there for KC which they always seem to get. i don't think they can rely on such fortune against Cincy who from what my eye test tells me is the better, more complete team.

Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline Dublagent66

• Devouring consciousness...
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #2548 on: January 23, 2023, 09:16:00 AM »
Wow, even when everything that could possibly go right for Dallas goes right for Dallas, SF is still too much for them.  I don't give Philly a chance next week.  Like the Cowboys learned today, Philly just hasn't faced a team this good that can find so many ways to beat you.

No idea what you're talking about.  What went right for Dallas?  9ers barely beat a team that played like shit with 2 turnovers, multiple penalties, and lost their star RB in the 2nd qtr.
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator
  • But not the medical kind.
« Reply #2549 on: January 23, 2023, 09:57:59 AM »

No idea what you're talking about.  What went right for Dallas?  9ers barely beat a team that played like shit with 2 turnovers, multiple penalties, and lost their star RB in the 2nd qtr.

Yeah, everything going right for Dallas was simply the 49ers underperforming in the first half, in my book. Niners play that game like they've played some others recently and that final score is a blowout ala Eagles v. Giants.

Are you actually going to follow through and come out to Philly Bosk? I doubt I have the money to attend the actual game, assuming cost is going to be insane, but would gladly have you over before or after or find something to do one of those days. We also have a guest room you're free to use if you haven't already found accommodations.
For the best online progressive radio: ProgRock.com
For the best in progressive news, reviews, and interviews: SonicPerspectives.com
For a trove of older podcasts and interviews: WPaPU.com
Awesome Majesty Pendant Club: Member #1

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #2550 on: January 23, 2023, 10:25:05 AM »

What went right for Dallas??  Um, let's see...  Just off the top of my head:
-Holding the #1 scoring offense since week 11 to under 20 points--something that hardly any team has been able to accomplish.
-On 4 drives, holding the 49ers to field goals instead of touchdowns
-Stealing a turnover on special teams
-The 49ers dropping 2 interceptions
-Getting constant pressures and sacks against that offensive line
-The 49ers mismanaging the clock at the end of the second half
-The 49ers barely cracking 100 yards rushing

Nothing like that combination has happened to the 49ers all season.  Even with ALL of that, the Cowboys couldn't overcome the 49ers.
 As Nick said, if it doesn't play out exactly that way, the 49ers blow the Cowboys out as they have done to most teams they have played.  I don't see any of the other 3 remaining teams getting such a lucky series of events going their way as the Cowboys did.  I just can't come up with any good argument for giving any of the remaining 3 teams a legitimate chance. 

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #2551 on: January 23, 2023, 10:40:18 AM »
bosk1, your dedication over the years to the "no one has a real chance to beat the 49ers" shtick every time they make the playoffs is impressive.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #2552 on: January 23, 2023, 10:46:18 AM »
I just call it like I see it.  And the fact that nobody this year has anything other than, "well, Purdy is only a rookie, so he has to crack sometime" or "well, any given Sunday, ya' know?" is telling. 

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #2554 on: January 23, 2023, 10:59:16 AM »
Interesting little blurb I saw, seems the powers that be in Vegas stand to lose a shit ton of money if the Niners win it all based on betting that occurred right after Jimmy G went down.