Author Topic: 2022 NFL Thread (Chiefs win Super Bowl 57)  (Read 102996 times)

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
Re: 2022 NFL Thread
« Reply #2345 on: January 14, 2023, 09:17:52 PM »
I can't be angry. I have no akin in this game.

I know this will shock you but I am pulling for the Bills. Their fan base are amazing,  welcoming and are so snake bitten I want them to win it all.

I'll give you my kids number, you can root them on to another SB disappointment together

Offline King Puppies and the Acid Guppies

• I find your lack of filtered water disturbing
  • DTF.org Member
  • Together we can rule the ocean as father and son
« Reply #2346 on: January 14, 2023, 09:20:09 PM »
The Chargers sure look like they don't want to win  :corn
aka Puppies_On_Acid
Hey Stadler, your PM inbox is full.
Derek Sherinian probably stands 10 feet away from the urinal, shoots from downtown, and announces loudly that he's making history.
Quote from: TAC, definitely not King
Thes sng is are sounds rally nece an I lyke tha sungar

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #2347 on: January 14, 2023, 09:21:05 PM »
Look at this SF dick snagging. You are wagging at the wring bro RJ.  Boston's Championship Dick is Long Dong Silver impressive.

RJ is so old, hell get this. Lol
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline TheCountOfNYC

« Reply #2348 on: January 14, 2023, 09:29:19 PM »
I’d definitely call myself a fan of the Chargers. Still, I don’t trust them…

As I said…
People figured out that the white thing that comes out of cows' titties could be drunk, and the relation between sweet desires and women's bellies growing up for 9 months. It can't be THAT hard to figure out how a trumpet works.”

-MirrorMask

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #2349 on: January 14, 2023, 09:29:52 PM »
Wow...

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2350 on: January 14, 2023, 09:29:57 PM »
Holy fucking shit.

The only response allowed.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline faizoff

« Reply #2351 on: January 14, 2023, 09:33:53 PM »
What a game, I was wondering who would screw it up more at the end there. There's no way Staley doesn't get fired. Also wasn't Al Michaels with thursday night football? is this a special arrangement with NBC?
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Offline Dream Team

« Reply #2352 on: January 14, 2023, 09:54:00 PM »
Well everyone wants to crown Herbert like they want to crown Burrow but wow is that a bad look for him. Spotted 27 points but was consistently shitting the bed in the red zone giving Jac the opportunity.

Offline Dream Team

« Reply #2353 on: January 15, 2023, 05:58:40 AM »
Honest question, do you guys think the Bills will get favorable calls throughout the playoffs in light of the Damar Hamlin situation? I sure hope the refs aren’t tempted to go there.

A lot of talk about where Brady might play next year. It must be nice to be able to choose what loaded team you go to every other year. He should choose the Texans instead, that would be a real challenge.

Speaking of Brady, you hear a lot of “he makes everyone better!” “He elevates the team!” Well he sure as hell didn’t do it this year, 8-9 and in the playoffs by a miracle and horseshoe. You know who actually elevated his team the most this year? Mahomes. Defense ranked in the 20s, terrible kicking game, yet 14-3 and first round bye. Mahomes had a 4th quarter lead in EVERY game this year but the D blew 3 of them. So 3 losses by a combined 10 points. His skill position players outside of Kelce are a bunch of has-beens/never-weres/don’t-know-yets.

If that’s not elevating your team, what the hell is?

And again, LOL Chargers  :lol.

Offline hunnus2000

« Reply #2354 on: January 15, 2023, 06:12:32 AM »
All the reports that I have heard have Brady going to the Raiders.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #2355 on: January 15, 2023, 06:45:07 AM »
49ers looked like the team I expected to see in the second half.

Chargers/Jags - wow, that was nuts.  I swear, when the Jags got it to 27-14, I said to my buddy, "You just know the Jags are gonna win this now." And they did.  Staley, who I've thought it was a bit of nitwit already, should not survive this.   The Chargers cannot waste the rest of Herbert's early years with that clown as their coach.  Brutal start for Lawrence, but what a finish. 

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2356 on: January 15, 2023, 06:56:40 AM »
Dream Team, do you go to bed thinking of Brady?  He really owns headspace with you. Why waste energy on him?

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2357 on: January 15, 2023, 07:01:52 AM »
I cannot believe that Jacksonville won, I tuned out of the game at half time thinking it was a wrap.

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #2358 on: January 15, 2023, 11:54:33 AM »
I cannot believe that Jacksonville won, I tuned out of the game at half time thinking it was a wrap.
So did I, but only for a bit. I made a point to check the score frequently so I could turn it back on if JAX clawed their way back. I wouldn't have bet on that second half, but I wouldn't have bet against it, either. Everything I've heard is that TL has a good head on his shoulders. He doesn't choke and he handled pressure well. I never counted him out last night.

Seriously, the kid shook off a 4 pick first half and came back like a boss.

And yeah, SD needs to shake things up. That was butt ugly.  :lol
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #2359 on: January 15, 2023, 01:20:57 PM »
I had picked Jax, but gave up on them and didn't watch the second half.  Really surprising outcome.

And speaking of surprising outcomes, Miami takes the lead in the 3rd quarter????  I expected them to be losing by double digits at this point!  Pleasantly surprised at how this is going. 
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2360 on: January 15, 2023, 01:29:11 PM »
Was listening in the car at the end of the 2nd quarter. One of the guys said something like "remember when we were younger and at the 2 minute warning we would think 'that might not be enough time to make a score?' Nowadays we seem more likely than not to get a couple scores in that amount of time."
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #2361 on: January 15, 2023, 01:46:58 PM »
Yeah.  I mean, it's still really hard.  But what's different is that we've had a few decades of perfecting and refining 2-minute drills now, so it's expected that there are a few teams that can execute them at a high level and score quickly.  It's like anything else.  Back in the '80s, you'd listen to a Van Halen record, and hearing some of the stuff Eddie was doing, it was mindblowing to hear, and really difficult for less experienced players to figure out how to sound like that.  Even if you could see him, it was like, "wait, he's tapping?  That's insane!"  But we've had so much time to analyze and figure it out, so now lots of people can do it more easily.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #2362 on: January 15, 2023, 01:47:20 PM »
Pleasantly surprised at how this is going.

My kid is at the game...part of me is wanting to see the upset, the other part doesn't want my kid to be sad  :lol

(granted if it comes to Niner/Buffalo all that shit goes out the window lol)

My brother has Buffalo and the points on his parlay card, he just texted me saying he's gonna blame my kid if he loses it. :lol

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #2363 on: January 15, 2023, 03:05:53 PM »
Ugly win, but a playoff win is a playoff win.  Josh Allen better clean up that crap, though.  3 turnovers won't fly against Cincy or KC.

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator
  • But not the medical kind.
« Reply #2364 on: January 15, 2023, 03:07:23 PM »
Ugly win, but a playoff win is a playoff win.  Josh Allen better clean up that crap, though.  3 turnovers won't fly against Cincy or KC.

It would not have even flown against Miami if receivers not named Hill could catch a fucking ball.
For the best online progressive radio: ProgRock.com
For the best in progressive news, reviews, and interviews: SonicPerspectives.com
For a trove of older podcasts and interviews: WPaPU.com
Awesome Majesty Pendant Club: Member #1

Offline jammindude

« Reply #2365 on: January 15, 2023, 03:34:26 PM »
The Vikings look terrible!
"Better the pride that resides in a citizen of the world.
Than the pride that divides when a colorful rag is unfurled." - Neil Peart

The Jammin Dude Show - https://www.youtube.com/user/jammindude

Offline Dream Team

« Reply #2366 on: January 15, 2023, 03:37:46 PM »
The Bills lose that game if Tua OR Bridgewater was playing. Allen was ass, again. His D totally bailed him out.

Online pg1067

« Reply #2367 on: January 15, 2023, 04:24:50 PM »
Are the Chargers actually good, or are the Jaguars bad?

Yes.

Living in Socal, I hear a fair amount about the Chargers, and the radio PBP guy for the team does my favorite afternoon drive talk radio show.  It's not like they're playing a juggernaut today, but I kinda feel like the Chargers may be peaking at the right time.

Well...these posts obviously didn't age well!   :lol

I can't be angry. I have no akin in this game.

I know this will shock you but I am pulling for the Bills. Their fan base are amazing,  welcoming and are so snake bitten I want them to win it all.

Not quite the same history, but as a Broncos fan, I know how good it feels to finally win won after being considered a joke.  Go Bills.  Secondarily, I'd be ok with the Vikings or the Bengals.

Chargers/Jags - wow, that was nuts.  I swear, when the Jags got it to 27-14, I said to my buddy, "You just know the Jags are gonna win this now." And they did.

My kid called it at halftime.  I don't think he really believed it, but he absolutely called it.  He wasn't watching the 2nd half, and when it got to 30-28, I had to leave to take the daughter to the airport to go back to school.  I went into the son's room and told him the score and he started laughing.
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #2368 on: January 15, 2023, 04:28:41 PM »
The Vikings look terrible!

Their defense has been trash all year, so they are playing on brand so far today. :lol

Online pg1067

« Reply #2369 on: January 15, 2023, 04:55:05 PM »
They just showed Bud Grant at the game.  He's still alive?!  Damn!  I thought he was really old when I started following football 45 years ago.  <checks Wikipedia>...Dude is 95 years old, and he barely looks older than he did in 1977.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2023, 05:10:36 PM by pg1067 »
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2370 on: January 15, 2023, 04:59:41 PM »
Seriously. 

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #2371 on: January 15, 2023, 05:39:37 PM »
Wow.  HUGE mistake by the Giants.  This game should be all but over.  Slayton literally dropped the ball on that play, and it could cost them everything. 

Double wow at the refs giving the Vikings a free 15 yards.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #2372 on: January 15, 2023, 05:53:17 PM »
Giants hold on and will now play at Philly next week.

Dallas/TB winner now goes to SF.

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #2373 on: January 15, 2023, 05:57:56 PM »
Not sure who I'd like us to face... Dallas in the playoffs is always fucking intense, and who knows when you're facing playoffs Brady.

Offline King Puppies and the Acid Guppies

• I find your lack of filtered water disturbing
  • DTF.org Member
  • Together we can rule the ocean as father and son
« Reply #2374 on: January 15, 2023, 08:06:21 PM »
The Vikings losing should come as no surprise to anyone. They were probably the luckiest team during the regular season this year.
aka Puppies_On_Acid
Hey Stadler, your PM inbox is full.
Derek Sherinian probably stands 10 feet away from the urinal, shoots from downtown, and announces loudly that he's making history.
Quote from: TAC, definitely not King
Thes sng is are sounds rally nece an I lyke tha sungar

Offline T-ski

« Reply #2375 on: January 15, 2023, 08:06:45 PM »
Just needed to come in and laugh at the Vikings…..again.
Is all that we see or seem, but a dream within a dream?

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #2376 on: January 15, 2023, 08:38:03 PM »
Got home just in time to see the Ravens fumble on the 1 inch line and have a lumbering DE return it to the house.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #2377 on: January 15, 2023, 09:45:26 PM »
Wow, yeah, saw that as well.  Really surprised the Ravens almost won it.  I thought it would be a blowout.  I'm 5-0 on my picks so far, but a few of those have NOT gone how I thought they would.  (I picked Dallas for tomorrow)

Offline faizoff

« Reply #2378 on: January 15, 2023, 09:51:29 PM »
Unless the Cowboys massively fuck up they're going to win tomorrow. The Bucs aren't that good this time round plagued with injuries to the O Line and mostly terrible coaching. If they somehow manage to win there is no way they're getting past the 49ers. I think the 9ers are going to the superbowl possibly even win it. I think it might be a repeat Chiefs-49ers game with the 9ers winning it all.
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Offline The Realm

« Reply #2379 on: January 15, 2023, 10:24:19 PM »
Great games so far. Can't believe the Chargers lost...

Yes I am also on the 49s v Chiefs Superbowl with 49s winning.

TB have been very ordinary this year and so has Brady however, anything can happen now. Really looking forward to the game and seeing how it all plays out.