Author Topic: 2022 NFL Thread (Chiefs win Super Bowl 57)  (Read 102964 times)

Offline Dublagent66

• Devouring consciousness...
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
Re: 2022 NFL Thread (Brady butt-kissing session Volume 31)
« Reply #1715 on: December 06, 2022, 10:40:41 AM »
I didn't see the game, but I guess it's an indicator that standards for even TB12 fans have dropped when they are taking victory laps over beating a 4-9 team by 1 point at home.  :lol :lol
NOLA had been outplaying them the entire game. With <5 minutes left Brady absolutely carved them up by doing what Brady has always done: read Ds and make plays. Not only that he had to score 3 TDs to win after one was called back. If you can't appreciate that you're not much of a football fan. It was thrilling to watch, regardless of their respective records.

Also, since when am I a TB12 fan?

To be clear, I was speaking in general, not referencing you as a Brady fan, and to reiterate, there is nothing for me to appreciate since I didn't see the game.

This thread is darn near unreadable now, though.  When just about any other QB is awesome, it's shhhhh, let's not overreact, but Brady comes back and beats a bad team at home and were supposed to drop to our knees and genuflect.  It's ridiculous.

Agreed.  It is ridiculous.  I mean, it's one thing to be the GOAT.  It's quite another to keep throwing it in everyone's face and expect the rest of the team to play up to his standard.  It's not about the team anymore at that point.  It's more about the team making the GOAT look bad on national television.  Regardless, of what it actually is, that's how it looks when he loses his shit on the sidelines.

Oh yeah, and Buck said something pretty stupid while introducing Troy at the beginning of the broadcast.  "I'm Joe Buck and this is the 3-time SB champion hall of famer, which pales in comparison to..." whatever he said after that (referring to TB12).  I'm sure Troy appreciated that little dig. :\
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
Re: 2022 NFL Thread (R.I.P. NFL)
« Reply #1716 on: December 06, 2022, 10:46:39 AM »
I didn't see the game, but I guess it's an indicator that standards for even TB12 fans have dropped when they are taking victory laps over beating a 4-9 team by 1 point at home.  :lol :lol
NOLA had been outplaying them the entire game. With <5 minutes left Brady absolutely carved them up by doing what Brady has always done: read Ds and make plays. Not only that he had to score 3 TDs to win after one was called back. If you can't appreciate that you're not much of a football fan. It was thrilling to watch, regardless of their respective records.

To be clear, I was speaking in general, not referencing you as a Brady fan, and to reiterate, there is nothing for me to appreciate since I didn't see the game.

This thread is darn near unreadable now, though.  When just about any other QB is awesome, it's shhhhh, let's not overreact, but Brady comes back and beats a bad team at home and were supposed to drop to our knees and genuflect.  It's ridiculous.
Stadler and I both gave props to Mahomes last week for doing the exact same thing. A great QB carving up a D for a come from behind win is always an exciting thing to watch if you're a football fan. It doesn't have to be any more than that. 
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #1717 on: December 06, 2022, 10:49:27 AM »
Oh yeah, and Buck said something pretty stupid while introducing Troy at the beginning of the broadcast.  "I'm Joe Buck and this is the 3-time SB champion hall of famer, which pales in comparison to..." whatever he said after that (referring to TB12).  I'm sure Troy appreciated that little dig. :\
I'm not positive, but I think I recall Troy owning up to that very thing after the game last night. The guy's never lacked for humility, and he knows very well he's not Tom Brady.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #1718 on: December 06, 2022, 10:50:22 AM »
Or is he pointing out how nuts it is for someone to win 7 SB's?  Hard enough for 1.  Nevermind 3, or 7!  The problem is, Brady keeps pulling games like this out of his ass that adds to his crazy history of excellence.  Mahomes is on a killer path.  In the end he will be up there with the greatest QB's ever.  One thing people overlook with great QB's is there ability to stay on the field.  That's why SF went out and got QB while they still had Jimmy G.  We'll never know how good Jimmy could be because he can't play a full season.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1719 on: December 06, 2022, 11:04:20 AM »
I'm not positive, but I think I recall Troy owning up to that very thing after the game last night. The guy's never lacked for humility, and he knows very well he's not Tom Brady.

But that is the thing: Aikman has nothing to own up to or be ashamed of.  He won three Super Bowls (!!), and in the history of the NFL, only three have won more than that, so Buck poking fun at him, even cheekily, because he didn't win seven is just stupid.  But that is where we are now.

And the funny thing is that early in his career, Tom Brady WAS Troy Aikman. I made that comparison numerous times back then, that Brady was like Aikman: a good (not great) QB winning Super Bowls with a great head coach and a loaded roster.   Brady didn't become a great QB till his late 20s (he was 30 when he won first MVP and when he finally was 1st team All-Pro), while Aikman (who was never All-Pro) saw his career cut short due to health issues, and of course he didn't have the luxury of being protected like QBs have been for the last 15+ years.

Offline pg1067

« Reply #1720 on: December 06, 2022, 11:28:07 AM »

Yup.  And if it's not that, it's whining about announcers.   :)
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #1721 on: December 06, 2022, 11:51:49 AM »

Some of that is directed at me, and that's not accurate.   That's an extremist version of... at least the conversations I'm part of.  I don't think I've ever said anything about talking about a good performance.  And I'm not asking for anyone to genuflect.  I just thought it was neat to watch him do something, yet again, that he's done 1,000 times before but with far less weaponry around him, and with far more miles on the odometer.  The reality is, his season is kind of shit and there's no need to genuflect in the direction of Tampa unless we agree this is a victory lap of sorts.

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #1722 on: December 06, 2022, 11:55:11 AM »

But that is the thing: Aikman has nothing to own up to or be ashamed of.  He won three Super Bowls (!!), and in the history of the NFL, only three have won more than that, so Buck poking fun at him, even cheekily, because he didn't win seven is just stupid.  But that is where we are now.
I don't think it was simply ribbing him about the rings. I think it was pointing out that Brady is the GOAT, which pretty much everybody recognizes at this point. Troy definitely recognizes it, and his is a qualified opinion. So what, we're allowed to talk about Mahomes being Jesus Christ Jr, but still considering TB the GOAT is out of line?

Honestly, Kev, if the thread is unreadable I'd say it's because of people taking things far too seriously, and reading into them things that aren't there. All I did was say that watching Brady pick apart a D is still a great thing to watch, and you make it out to be something bigger than that. If Baker Mayfield managed to pull that off at some point I'd say the exact same thing about him and you wouldn't have any commentary to add. I did say that about His Majesty Sir Patrick Mahomes and, aside from Stadler, crickets. You share a chunk of responsibility if the thread is as bad as you think it is.

And the funny thing is that early in his career, Tom Brady WAS Troy Aikman. I made that comparison numerous times back then, that Brady was like Aikman: a good (not great) QB winning Super Bowls with a great head coach and a loaded roster.   Brady didn't become a great QB till his late 20s (he was 30 when he won first MVP and when he finally was 1st team All-Pro), while Aikman (who was never All-Pro) saw his career cut short due to health issues, and of course he didn't have the luxury of being protected like QBs have been for the last 15+ years.
I agree with a big chunk of that. Something I will say is that Aikman was very definitely on the decline. Big time. He wasn't heading down Brady's path and fell short because of injuries. While I have no doubt that he retired because of the concussions, I also have no doubt that he knew he couldn't play like he used to and it was his time either way.
E.F. Benson

Offline Dublagent66

• DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #1723 on: December 06, 2022, 12:08:02 PM »

Everybody knows he's not TB.  Nobody is.  Buck didn't have to rub it in.  That was just classless man.
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1724 on: December 06, 2022, 12:10:08 PM »

Yup.  And if it's not that, it's whining about announcers.   :)

And as the only one that really complains about the announcers, jeez.  Just block me if it's that fucking bad.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #1725 on: December 06, 2022, 12:12:49 PM »
Nothing but love and respect for Kev, but Barto nailed it here:
Honestly, Kev, if the thread is unreadable I'd say it's because of people taking things far too seriously, and reading into them things that aren't there. All I did was say that watching Brady pick apart a D is still a great thing to watch, and you make it out to be something bigger than that. If Baker Mayfield managed to pull that off at some point I'd say the exact same thing about him and you wouldn't have any commentary to add. I did say that about His Majesty Sir Patrick Mahomes and, aside from Stadler, crickets. You share a chunk of responsibility if the thread is as bad as you think it is.

Anyhow, as far as Brady, it's...complicated.  And both the media's overreaction to everything he does, as well as how he carries himself, make it so.  His performance at the end of last night's game is typical of what makes him so great.  And his overall demeanor in game and on the sidelines are typical of why a lot of people dislike him.  He just comes across as self-centered and entitled.  When things aren't going well, he's impatient and comes across like he's blaming everyone else for making him look bad.  It almost feels like he's just thinking, "I'm amazing and I don't have time for substandard performance.  If you can't make that play, you're hurting my legacy and don't belong on a team with me."  Even if that's NOT what he's thinking, that's how it comes across, and that's a bad look.  Part of me loves seeing him have continued success because it's mindblowing that he can still achieve greatness this long in the league, and that is itself praiseworthy and enjoyable to watch.  But the attitude that comes with it, whether real or perceived, is also incredibly offputting.

And no problem praising others when they do similar things.  Mahomes doing something similar was pretty awesome to see.  No problem acknowledging that.  On the other hand, I can still think he is overrated, and I can still intensely dislike him for being such an awful human being.  Those aren't mutually exclusive.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1726 on: December 06, 2022, 12:15:06 PM »
So....  Baker Mayfield to San Francisco?  Could be a good fit....

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #1727 on: December 06, 2022, 12:23:44 PM »

I doubt it.  Doesn't seem like a good fit from a team chemistry standpoint.  Here's what Shanahan said about it:

"We look into everything, but that would surprise me right now," Shanahan said, via ESPN. "We've got to discuss more this afternoon. I've always been a fan of his, but I feel really good about our players. We'll look into everything, but I feel pretty good with where we're at."

I don't want to overreact to Purdy's performance against Miami.  But honestly, he seems like the perfect fit as a replacement.  He knows the system, the players like him, and as Fred Warner said, he's been practicing against the best defense in the league week in and week out this season, so he isn't as untested as people might tend to assume.  I don't see any potentially available QBs in the league stepping in and doing any better than him. 

That said, I guess there could potentially be value in having Mayfield compete for the backup spot, or becoming the practice squad QB. (I think the organization is satisfied with picking up Johnson to be Purdy's backup, so the latter role would make more sense for Mayfield)

EDIT:  But I will say I give Mayfield better odds of being added to the roster than Kaepernick.   :P  I'm actually surprised he and his supporters haven't crawled out from under a rock to whine about him not immediately being signed when Jimmy went down.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline Dublagent66

• DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #1728 on: December 06, 2022, 12:29:09 PM »
I also noticed something that none of analysts even mentioned (that I know of).  Some were questioning if the Saints defense let up or the Bucs offense ponied up.  I think it was probably both.  Obviously, the Bucs were in hurry up mode being down by 2 scores.  The Saints didn't adjust to that very well.  Maybe the Bucs should've tried a hurry up offense earlier on.  Didn't seem like they had much of a game plan until the final 6 mins or so.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #1729 on: December 06, 2022, 12:30:05 PM »
^I don't disagree with any of that.

Offline faizoff

« Reply #1730 on: December 06, 2022, 12:52:45 PM »
I also noticed something that none of analysts even mentioned (that I know of).  Some were questioning if the Saints defense let up or the Bucs offense ponied up.  I think it was probably both.  Obviously, the Bucs were in hurry up mode being down by 2 scores.  The Saints didn't adjust to that very well.  Maybe the Bucs should've tried a hurry up offense earlier on.  Didn't seem like they had much of a game plan until the final 6 mins or so.

The Bucs Offensive line has had problems from the get go this season. With the Center Jensen out, Marpet retiring, Alex Cappa signing with the Bengals, they haven't adjusted well at all. With Wirfs now out it makes it even worse. How they've managed to even win these many games is probably a lot to do with Brady being himself and Defense showing up at times.

That said the coaching has been abysmal this season and they don't have the 'No risk it, no biscuit' mentality that Arians had. They don't make proper adjustments to the porous O-line. The local reporters have been making fun of it on twitter. The most success they've had has been when they go no huddle and Brady's dialing up the calls and tearing apart the defense during crunch time.

They will win the group due to how even more shittier everyone else is playing. They'll make the playoffs and be a one and done team and will probably go back to the bottom of the division again. With that talent of a team they really should be better coached.
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #1731 on: December 06, 2022, 01:20:46 PM »

I doubt it.  Doesn't seem like a good fit from a team chemistry standpoint.  Here's what Shanahan said about it:

"We look into everything, but that would surprise me right now," Shanahan said, via ESPN. "We've got to discuss more this afternoon. I've always been a fan of his, but I feel really good about our players. We'll look into everything, but I feel pretty good with where we're at."

I don't want to overreact to Purdy's performance against Miami.  But honestly, he seems like the perfect fit as a replacement.  He knows the system, the players like him, and as Fred Warner said, he's been practicing against the best defense in the league week in and week out this season, so he isn't as untested as people might tend to assume.  I don't see any potentially available QBs in the league stepping in and doing any better than him. 

That said, I guess there could potentially be value in having Mayfield compete for the backup spot, or becoming the practice squad QB. (I think the organization is satisfied with picking up Johnson to be Purdy's backup, so the latter role would make more sense for Mayfield)

EDIT:  But I will say I give Mayfield better odds of being added to the roster than Kaepernick.   :P  I'm actually surprised he and his supporters haven't crawled out from under a rock to whine about him not immediately being signed when Jimmy went down.

Hard to bring a guy in that doesn't know the terminology of the team and get up to snuff quickly.  Unless the player was once in Shanahan's system before.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline Dublagent66

• DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #1732 on: December 06, 2022, 02:15:46 PM »

The Bucs Offensive line has had problems from the get go this season. With the Center Jensen out, Marpet retiring, Alex Cappa signing with the Bengals, they haven't adjusted well at all. With Wirfs now out it makes it even worse. How they've managed to even win these many games is probably a lot to do with Brady being himself and Defense showing up at times.

That said the coaching has been abysmal this season and they don't have the 'No risk it, no biscuit' mentality that Arians had. They don't make proper adjustments to the porous O-line. The local reporters have been making fun of it on twitter. The most success they've had has been when they go no huddle and Brady's dialing up the calls and tearing apart the defense during crunch time.

They will win the group due to how even more shittier everyone else is playing. They'll make the playoffs and be a one and done team and will probably go back to the bottom of the division again. With that talent of a team they really should be better coached.

Can't argue with the abysmal coaching aspect.  Bowles was never really a good HC anyway.  However, Arians is a general consultant for the team.  You'd think some of that would trickle down or across, or whatever.  Even though Brady praised Bowles for the decision to punt on 4th down, it was all Brady calling the shots on the last 2 drives.  TB might be the one who actually saves Bowles job...or not.

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1733 on: December 06, 2022, 02:26:13 PM »

Can't argue with the abysmal coaching aspect.  Bowles was never really a good HC anyway.  However, Arians is a general consultant for the team.  You'd think some of that would trickle down or across, or whatever.  Even though Brady praised Bowles for the decision to punt on 4th down, it was all Brady calling the shots on the last 2 drives.  TB might be the one who actually saves Bowles job...or not.

I'm not a Bowles fan; he was a washout in New York with the Jets, and I think he's going to be a washout in Tampa Bay. Behind the scenes everyone seems to praise him, but the results aren't there.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #1734 on: December 06, 2022, 02:29:46 PM »
Rams claim Baker Mayfield

Good luck to both
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1735 on: December 06, 2022, 02:30:45 PM »

Good luck to both

I'm surprised at that, frankly.  That does not seem to be a good fit, IMO.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #1736 on: December 06, 2022, 02:34:21 PM »

Good luck to both

I agree.  That's why I wish them luck.  They're gonna need it.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #1737 on: December 06, 2022, 02:35:11 PM »

Good luck to both

MUCH better fit than S.F.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1738 on: December 06, 2022, 03:45:42 PM »
I agree with a big chunk of that. Something I will say is that Aikman was very definitely on the decline. Big time. He wasn't heading down Brady's path and fell short because of injuries. While I have no doubt that he retired because of the concussions, I also have no doubt that he knew he couldn't play like he used to and it was his time either way.

I agree with that. 

I find the Aikman and Emmitt Smith legacies fascinating as in real time, there were definitely thought who thought Aikman was better than Steve Young (John Madden frequently called Aikman the best QB in football), and many who thought E. Smith was better than Barry Sanders, yet here we are decades later and it seems pretty commonly accepted that Sanders > Smith and Young > Aikman.  Just goes to show ya how skewed thinking can be in real time because of WINNING.  Hindsight and letting things marinate a bit often gives different and better perspective.

And as a sidebar, there are few old coaches or players I'd rather listen to talk about the game than Jimmy Johnson. I was trained as a kid to hate the Cowboys, so I could never full appreciate him when he and the Cowboys had their run, but whenever he is on The Herd (which I don't watch, but I catch clips on YT) and talks football, it is like a football savant speaking and spitting knowledge.  It's easy to see why he was so successful as a head coach.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1739 on: December 06, 2022, 03:52:56 PM »
I'm President of the Troy Aikman is underrated fan club. He threw the best ball I've ever seen.

And I'm not say he was better or worse than Steve Young. But just because Aikman was surrounded by a team of studs does not make him not a stud himself.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #1740 on: December 06, 2022, 03:58:48 PM »

I agree with that. 

I find the Aikman and Emmitt Smith legacies fascinating as in real time, there were definitely thought who thought Aikman was better than Steve Young (John Madden frequently called Aikman the best QB in football), and many who thought E. Smith was better than Barry Sanders, yet here we are decades later and it seems pretty commonly accepted that Sanders > Smith and Young > Aikman.  Just goes to show ya how skewed thinking can be in real time because of WINNING.  Hindsight and letting things marinate a bit often gives different and better perspective.
Young and Aikman are fundamentally different players. Hard to really compare them. I suppose I'd probably give the edge to Young based on how dynamic he was, but with the right offense Aikman can easily be better. As for Emmett vs Barry, also very different. Emmett will never be the pure runner that Sanders was; nobody is. Sweetness is similarly different. Different styles and different capabilities. Factor in Big Jim Brown, too. Emmett was as good a running back as any of them, though, even if he wasn't the best at dodging tackles, or steamrolling tackles, or running through tackles like Barry, Walter, and Jim. Dude had vision I don't think any of them possessed, and that counts for a helluva lot.
E.F. Benson

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #1741 on: December 06, 2022, 04:20:11 PM »
Update on Jimmy G:  MRIs show that the foot injury is NOT the type of injury they first thought it was, and he could return in 6-8 weeks.  Which means he could be back for a playoff run.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1742 on: December 06, 2022, 04:21:29 PM »
Update on Jimmy G:  MRIs show that the foot injury is NOT the type of injury they first thought it was, and he could return in 6-8 weeks.  Which means he could be back for a playoff run.

...only to sprain a knee.  ;D
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1743 on: December 06, 2022, 05:20:44 PM »
I'm President of the Troy Aikman is underrated fan club. He threw the best ball I've ever seen.

And I'm not say he was better or worse than Steve Young. But just because Aikman was surrounded by a team of studs does not make him not a stud himself.

Aikman was the perfect QB for that team.  A loaded team with a beast of a line, a stud RB and a stud WR, and Aikman had no problem handing it off and being unselfish when it came to stats.

Young and Aikman are fundamentally different players. Hard to really compare them. I suppose I'd probably give the edge to Young based on how dynamic he was, but with the right offense Aikman can easily be better. As for Emmett vs Barry, also very different. Emmett will never be the pure runner that Sanders was; nobody is. Sweetness is similarly different. Different styles and different capabilities. Factor in Big Jim Brown, too. Emmett was as good a running back as any of them, though, even if he wasn't the best at dodging tackles, or steamrolling tackles, or running through tackles like Barry, Walter, and Jim. Dude had vision I don't think any of them possessed, and that counts for a helluva lot.

Agreed, Emmitt had awesome vision.  For as amazing as Sanders was (he was literally a human highlight reel), when his dancing didn't work, he was eating it for a loss.  We used to joke that he could have a game where he had 15 rushes for 95 yards, with one 77-yard run and 18 yards on the other 14 rushes.

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #1744 on: December 06, 2022, 06:16:24 PM »

Troy had a strong arm, excellent accuracy, and perfect touch. Just as important, he had all of those things no matter what was happening in the pocket around him. He threw just as pretty a ball when LT or Reggie White was in his grill. Combine that with sky high competitiveness, and a tendency to never make stupid decisions and you've got a stud. I'm actually not a huge fan. I thought he was a little too clinical as opposed to some of the more entertaining quarterbacks, including Young. His studliness speeks for itself, though.

And Randall Cunningham probably threw a prettier ball than anybody I've ever seen.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2022, 09:29:10 PM by El Barto »
E.F. Benson

Offline Dream Team

« Reply #1745 on: December 06, 2022, 09:03:30 PM »
Brady is currently enjoying his 10th consecutive season with a top 10 scoring defense, more than Peyton Rodgers Brees Mahomes combined in their entire careers. Good thing too, imagine if he had to score more than 17 points to win a game. Number of times scoring 20+ points this year:

Brock Purdy 1
Tom Brady 1

Wonder how much Mark Ingram got paid to run out of bounds short of the sticks so that we had to go through another jerkoff session about a guy who led his offense to 3 points during the first 55 minutes against a 3-8 team so he could finally get to .500 in a shit division. Can’t wait until that Niners-Bucs game.

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #1746 on: December 06, 2022, 09:28:54 PM »
Well at least you're not bitter about it. Some people might let resentment like that turn them in to an angry bastard. Glad you're not one of them.
E.F. Benson

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1747 on: December 07, 2022, 06:16:53 AM »
Well at least you're not bitter about it. Some people might let resentment like that turn them in to an angry bastard. Glad you're not one of them.

:lol :lol :lol :lol

I look like a TB12 fan compared to Dream Team.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #1748 on: December 07, 2022, 09:34:34 AM »
So does Gisele.

Online DragonAttack

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1749 on: December 07, 2022, 09:43:53 AM »
What a great game winning late drive he had.  He deserves any and all accolades thrown his way....

Talkin' about Tyler Huntley, and the 91 yard, 16 play drive at the end to beat the Broncos.  :tup

(a pity that Denver has such an inept offense.  Their Top Five defense deserves better).
...going along with Dragon Attack's Queen thread has been like taking a free class in Queen knowledge. Where else are you gonna find info like that?!