Author Topic: Video Game Thread v. Series Xbox One X Series Switch S 5  (Read 174732 times)

Offline ErHaO

Re: Video Game Thread v. Series Xbox One X Series Switch S 5
« Reply #2240 on: November 03, 2022, 04:12:40 PM »
Get ready folks!  GoW Ragnorak in one week... :corn

It is reviewing very well!

Glad to see they sticked the landing. GoW 2018 is one of the finest games ever made, but a very large portion of the game is building up to the sequel.  Thankfully they did not pull a Game of Thrones here.

Offline Dublagent66

• Devouring consciousness...
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #2241 on: November 04, 2022, 08:54:17 AM »
Yeah, I saw one review that called it nearly perfect.  I really wanted to play through GoW 2018 again before this came out but have just been too preoccupied with other games.  Not enough hours in the day...
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Offline XJDenton

• What a shame
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2242 on: November 04, 2022, 10:30:38 AM »
Didn't realise it was coming out for PS4. This makes me happy.
"For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for nature cannot be fooled." - Richard Feynman

Offline Revenge319

• I once thought it better to regret...
« Reply #2243 on: November 04, 2022, 10:39:42 AM »
While I'm pretty excited for GoW Ragnarok since I really enjoyed the previous game, I think I'm going to wait to get it later if it gets a PC port so I can play it on PC instead of my regular PS4. I know I'll be waiting quite a while for it if it does end up getting a PC port, but that's alright with me.

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #2244 on: November 04, 2022, 11:43:49 AM »
Man i'm so looking forward to the bossfights in this game:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s5iuzXjttBE&ab_channel=IGN
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline Herrick

• Hello Mangs
« Reply #2245 on: November 04, 2022, 12:17:27 PM »
Can't remember the last COD game I finished.

The last one I bought was Call of Dooty 2.
DISPLAY thy Breasts, My Julia!

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2246 on: November 07, 2022, 08:40:17 AM »
I've been playing a bit of God of War 2018 the last couple of days, and finding I'm enjoying it. I tried it out around Christmas of that year when I bot my Playstation 4 Pro, and was sorely intimidated by it...I was pretty new to console gaming. Since then, I've completed quite a number of titles and have gotten much better with a controller and thought I'd give it a go to see if Ragnarok would be in my future. I dug out the DVD and installed it on my PS5, and sure enough, in one sitting I got way farther than four years ago, and enjoyed it a lot.

I've got to wear headphones though, Mrs. P got sick of hearing "BOY," pretty quickly.  :lol
"Owners of dogs will have noticed that, if you provide them with food and water and shelter and affection, they will think you are God. Whereas owners of cats are compelled to realize that, if you provide them with food and water and affection, they draw the conclusion that they are God.” — Christopher Hitchens

Offline Herrick

• Hello Mangs
« Reply #2247 on: November 07, 2022, 08:43:46 AM »
I didn't think God of War was that great but I'll play the second one if it ever comes to PC.

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2248 on: November 07, 2022, 09:04:41 AM »
I would be surprised if it didn't come to PC. I was going to wait for the PC release but I see that GoW2 is coming to PS4 so I may play it beforehand.

Offline MetalJunkie

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #2249 on: November 07, 2022, 02:08:41 PM »
So I've really been enjoying Fallout 76. Hit level 80 and just switched from a stealth sniper build to a power armor build.  :hat
Listen! Do you smell something?

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2250 on: November 08, 2022, 06:13:27 AM »
How is the community in the game? I've always said I'd check it out but never did.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #2251 on: November 08, 2022, 08:59:44 AM »
Started Prey, finally.  Whoever suggested it to me, well, a) thank you, it seems like the bomb so far and b) f--- you, because I think I'm going to be spending far more time than I should on this game!  :) :) :) :)

Offline Dublagent66

• DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #2252 on: November 08, 2022, 10:02:34 AM »
Oh no Stads!  That'll cut into your DTF posting time. :omg:  Everybody, give Stads more games to play.  :lol
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Offline orcus116

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #2253 on: November 09, 2022, 08:15:37 AM »
Started Prey, finally.  Whoever suggested it to me, well, a) thank you, it seems like the bomb so far and b) f--- you, because I think I'm going to be spending far more time than I should on this game!  :) :) :) :)

Sorry, not sorry.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2254 on: November 09, 2022, 02:33:11 PM »
Started watching some of the live COD event happening now with a bunch of streamers showing off the new DMZ mode for Warzone 2.  I must say, I'm not feeling this mode.  Just too much AI fighting and not enough at stake.  I could be misinterpretting how it's played because all the people playing are just learning it themselves now.  The new map for Warzone looks good though.  I'm very excited to play one week from today. 

Offline XJDenton

• What a shame
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2255 on: November 09, 2022, 02:37:32 PM »
Anyone picking up Ragnarok today?
"For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for nature cannot be fooled." - Richard Feynman

Offline MetalJunkie

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #2256 on: November 09, 2022, 02:44:04 PM »
How is the community in the game? I've always said I'd check it out but never did.
I don't know how I missed this, sorry. The community is one of the nicest and most helpful communities I've ever been in. That being said, the community is very different on console and PC, because there is no in-game text chat function, I guess to simulate the isolation of a wasteland? There is proximity voice chat, and you can start a team for events that anyone in your server can join (24 people to a server), and there is voice chat in that. On PC, however, there is a very widely used text chat mod that's implementation feels VERY natural and the aesthetic feels very Bethesda, only without bugs.
Listen! Do you smell something?

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2257 on: November 09, 2022, 03:58:26 PM »

I'm seriously thinking about it. It looks pretty cool! I want to play more of GoW 2018 before I decide...the franchise may be a little too frenetic for this ol' fart.
"Owners of dogs will have noticed that, if you provide them with food and water and shelter and affection, they will think you are God. Whereas owners of cats are compelled to realize that, if you provide them with food and water and affection, they draw the conclusion that they are God.” — Christopher Hitchens

Offline XJDenton

• What a shame
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2258 on: November 09, 2022, 04:29:13 PM »

I'm seriously thinking about it. It looks pretty cool! I want to play more of GoW 2018 before I decide...the franchise may be a little too frenetic for this ol' fart.

I think you'd want to finish the story of 2018 before Rag anyway. Definitely worth it though. It's super good.

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #2259 on: November 10, 2022, 01:27:56 AM »
Yea DMZ is not Tarkov....surprise!  :lol
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ¿De qué sirvió haber cruzado a nado la mar?
« Reply #2260 on: November 10, 2022, 06:55:08 AM »
Started playing Untitled Goose Game yesterday. Quite fun so far.

Offline ErHaO

« Reply #2261 on: November 10, 2022, 07:21:39 AM »
PSVR 2 is pricey, but considering the specs it seems very reasonable.  I ended up being impressed with the support PSVR 1 got. I ordered my PSVR adapter for the PS5 and will first play some of the major PSVR games I have not played (Iron Man and Sniper Elite VR in particular). I can see me getting the PSVR 2 in the future.

I will probably do so next week, very excited for this one.

It is a really charming adventure game. Fun to bully people and the puzzles are well designed.

Offline Dublagent66

• DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #2262 on: November 10, 2022, 09:52:39 AM »

I think you'd want to finish the story of 2018 before Rag anyway. Definitely worth it though. It's super good.

Got my copy yesterday.  So far, it's been pretty fuckin' amazing!  :hefdaddy

Oh and BTW, this game has a GoW 2018 recap selection in the menu.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2022, 10:27:23 AM by Dublagent66 »

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2263 on: November 10, 2022, 10:02:04 AM »
Yea DMZ is not Tarkov....surprise!  :lol

I didn't think they'd be able to capture that games atmosphere and feel, but it seems it's lacking a lot including a marketplace.  It just makes me question, why should I play this?

Offline chknptpie

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #2264 on: November 10, 2022, 11:25:39 AM »
Found this game to be super entertaining. I heard there is now a 2 player version but haven't seen/tried it.

Offline Shadow Ninja 2.0

• Heir Transparent
  • Transcribing Existence Rivets
« Reply #2265 on: November 12, 2022, 12:21:38 PM »
I live about five years in the past relative to everyone else, so I just got into Stellaris recently. Tons of fun, although I'm really struggling to come up with names for planets and leaders since I insist on renaming every one. My main issue at this point is that I'm just too wealthy and successful; I'm producing more resources than I can use.

Hits pretty close to home, actually, since that's the exact problem I face in real life as well.

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ¿De qué sirvió haber cruzado a nado la mar?
« Reply #2266 on: November 12, 2022, 12:29:39 PM »
Yeah same, I just don't have a gaming PC so I mostly play older games or indie stuff. For instance, I'm now replaying Silent Hill 3.

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2267 on: November 12, 2022, 01:12:21 PM »
I live about five years in the past relative to everyone else, so I just got into Stellaris recently. Tons of fun, although I'm really struggling to come up with names for planets and leaders since I insist on renaming every one. My main issue at this point is that I'm just too wealthy and successful; I'm producing more resources than I can use.

Hits pretty close to home, actually, since that's the exact problem I face in real life as well.

I bought Stellaris a few years back but I just can't get into it, I've tried a few times with grand strategy games but they never really click with me.

I'm currently playing Dead Space, after hearing about the remake I realized I own the original and have never played through it. My buddies were really hyping it up and well so far it's living up to the hype. I love the game, I love the atmosphere and really my only complaint is the movement. It just feels a bit off to me but I'm getting used it to it.

I'm trying to take my time with the game but I already wrapped up Chapter 3.

Offline Herrick

• Hello Mangs
« Reply #2268 on: November 12, 2022, 08:04:06 PM »

I bought Stellaris a few years back but I just can't get into it, I've tried a few times with grand strategy games but they never really click with me.

I'm currently playing Dead Space, after hearing about the remake I realized I own the original and have never played through it. My buddies were really hyping it up and well so far it's living up to the hype. I love the game, I love the atmosphere and really my only complaint is the movement. It just feels a bit off to me but I'm getting used it to it.

I'm trying to take my time with the game but I already wrapped up Chapter 3.

The first Dead Space is easily my favorite in the trilogy. It's one of the few games I've played more than once since it came out. I think I've played it at least 3 times.

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2269 on: November 13, 2022, 06:51:23 AM »
I'm honestly hooked. I'm craving to play more but I'm trying to pace myself :lol. I think my only real complaint with the game is the movement seems a bit clunky.

Offline Herrick

• Hello Mangs
« Reply #2270 on: November 13, 2022, 09:09:46 AM »
I'm honestly hooked. I'm craving to play more but I'm trying to pace myself :lol. I think my only real complaint with the game is the movement seems a bit clunky.

It's kind of standard for that type of game of that era but yeah it isn't the most fluid. I originally played it with a keyboard and mouse and it felt ok.

Offline ErHaO

« Reply #2271 on: November 14, 2022, 12:58:43 AM »
Dead Space is excellent, but I am personally on team Dead Space 2, which is more action focused (a preference thing) and is almost on Resident Evil 4 levels.

I hope the remake is a success and we will see 2 remade. And if they do 3 they should alter some things to bring it up to 1-2 levels.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2272 on: November 14, 2022, 08:02:55 AM »
It's been many years, but I recall really enjoying the Dead Space games.  I have the third one, but never played it for some reason.

Offline ErHaO

« Reply #2273 on: November 15, 2022, 06:42:37 AM »

Got my copy yesterday.  So far, it's been pretty fuckin' amazing!  :hefdaddy

Oh and BTW, this game has a GoW 2018 recap selection in the menu.

God of War Ragnarok is great thus far.

That recap was pretty bad though, one of the worst I have seen. I am sure some youtuber made a vastly superior one.

Offline Fiery Winds

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2274 on: November 15, 2022, 06:46:52 AM »
God of War Ragnarok is great thus far.

That recap was pretty bad though, one of the worst I have seen. I am sure some youtuber made a vastly superior one.

This recap is solid: https://youtu.be/qnYfATh60YQ