Author Topic: Video Game Thread v. Series Xbox One X Series Switch S 5  (Read 167373 times)

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
Re: Video Game Thread v. Series Xbox One X Series Switch S 5
« Reply #2310 on: November 28, 2022, 08:57:27 AM »
No idea how this happened, but I made a simple tiktok using the bomb drone in Warzone 2 and it went viral  :lol 1 million views https://www.tiktok.com/@cramx3/video/7169993139963383083?is_from_webapp=1&sender_device=pc&web_id=7133988788720698926 I guess having people argue in the commens about whether the bomb drones should even be in the game is why?
That’s amazing. I’ve been having a blast with DMZ.

I put a bunch more time into DMZ yesterday.  I'm coming around to it, but I'm not a fan of the AI just being everywhere.  Like I find it hard to just "breathe" in that game without some AI coming after me which makes it frustrating to do any sort of mission.  Having a full 3 person team going at it together though makes it a better experience, but it's hard to match up with people who are going to want to play the mode properly with you.  I did finally complete the Stronghold missions to really open up the game to more missions so I'm really only just starting to find my way there.  I find this mode to be good for leveling up my guns though.  Went hard with a 100 round Rapp yesterday and got that bad boy half way leveled.  I need that to unlock the schlagger 3.4x scope which apparently is the best scope for AR/LMGs. 

I did make a full Warzone win video yesterday.  Since my tiktok has been getting a lot of attention, I wanted to make sure that if someone clicked on my link to get to my youtube page, that there would be a COD video at top for people to check out.  It's not the best video, but shows off some of the new game play.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RQ-AHWaPrcM

Offline Dublagent66

• Devouring consciousness...
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #2311 on: November 28, 2022, 10:07:59 AM »
I've been playing GoW:R nonstop for the last 2 weeks, and last week I finally got my hands on a PS5.

Working my way through the post-game stuff now, and these Berserkers are no joke.  :censored

I am so bad at this game. Don't know why. I swear I doing better in games like Sekiro and I play GoW on normal. Thankfully the checkpoints are very forgiving. But maybe the sidequest are intended to be hard and I should leave some of them for the post-game?

It is an excellent game but I will say I think 2018 is better in at least some ways. But then Ragnarok also has a lot of improvements and it basically is pt2. And it also has some neat surprised in store.

I accidentally booted up GoW 2018 on my PS5 and for more time than I care to admit I thought my Ragnarok game did not save (my 2018 save was in a spot that is kinda the same in both) :lol I don't mind that at all btw, I very much prefer a series to be cohesive and the budget being put into making the game bigger and better rather than a fancy new engine. 2018 and Ragnarok together form a massive gaming epic to me (though I have not finished it yet!).

Don't feel bad.  I started GoWR on "Give me balance" which is medium difficulty and I've died so many times I can't count.  I've gotten a lot better at dodging and blocking certain attacks, but this game just seems a lot harder and there's so many different combos to learn.  That's part of my problem also.  Almost done with main story, but after that is gonna be some bigtime exploring and leveling up skills and gear.  Only killed one Berserker so far.  Those guys are insanely difficult.  Always keep a resurrection stone handy.
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Offline MetalJunkie

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #2312 on: November 28, 2022, 12:27:19 PM »
No idea how this happened, but I made a simple tiktok using the bomb drone in Warzone 2 and it went viral  :lol 1 million views https://www.tiktok.com/@cramx3/video/7169993139963383083?is_from_webapp=1&sender_device=pc&web_id=7133988788720698926 I guess having people argue in the commens about whether the bomb drones should even be in the game is why?

I put a bunch more time into DMZ yesterday.  I'm coming around to it, but I'm not a fan of the AI just being everywhere.  Like I find it hard to just "breathe" in that game without some AI coming after me which makes it frustrating to do any sort of mission.  Having a full 3 person team going at it together though makes it a better experience, but it's hard to match up with people who are going to want to play the mode properly with you.  I did finally complete the Stronghold missions to really open up the game to more missions so I'm really only just starting to find my way there.  I find this mode to be good for leveling up my guns though.  Went hard with a 100 round Rapp yesterday and got that bad boy half way leveled.  I need that to unlock the schlagger 3.4x scope which apparently is the best scope for AR/LMGs. 

I did make a full Warzone win video yesterday.  Since my tiktok has been getting a lot of attention, I wanted to make sure that if someone clicked on my link to get to my youtube page, that there would be a COD video at top for people to check out.  It's not the best video, but shows off some of the new game play.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RQ-AHWaPrcM
I have a few friends that I play online with. I don't actually try to accomplish anything unless they're on. We're in discord, so communicating with each other helps. I have one PTT key for Discord and one for proximity chat, so we can use proximity chat but also talk to each other without alerting nearby players.

If I'm playing solo, I just take my suppressed sniper rifle and camp exfiltration points. I know, I'm the worst.
Listen! Do you smell something?

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2313 on: November 28, 2022, 12:28:28 PM »

I have a few friends that I play online with. I don't actually try to accomplish anything unless they're on. We're in discord, so communicating with each other helps. I have one PTT key for Discord and one for proximity chat, so we can use proximity chat but also talk to each other without alerting nearby players.

If I'm playing solo, I just take my suppressed sniper rifle and camp exfiltration points. I know, I'm the worst.

Thattta boy! Keep trollin  :lol

Offline Metro

• DTF Resident Sloth
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Keeper of the Seven Sloths
« Reply #2314 on: November 28, 2022, 01:13:53 PM »
I've been playing GoW:R nonstop for the last 2 weeks, and last week I finally got my hands on a PS5.

Working my way through the post-game stuff now, and these Berserkers are no joke.  :censored

I am so bad at this game. Don't know why. I swear I doing better in games like Sekiro and I play GoW on normal. Thankfully the checkpoints are very forgiving. But maybe the sidequest are intended to be hard and I should leave some of them for the post-game?

It is an excellent game but I will say I think 2018 is better in at least some ways. But then Ragnarok also has a lot of improvements and it basically is pt2. And it also has some neat surprised in store.

I accidentally booted up GoW 2018 on my PS5 and for more time than I care to admit I thought my Ragnarok game did not save (my 2018 save was in a spot that is kinda the same in both) :lol I don't mind that at all btw, I very much prefer a series to be cohesive and the budget being put into making the game bigger and better rather than a fancy new engine. 2018 and Ragnarok together form a massive gaming epic to me (though I have not finished it yet!).

Don't feel bad.  I started GoWR on "Give me balance" which is medium difficulty and I've died so many times I can't count.  I've gotten a lot better at dodging and blocking certain attacks, but this game just seems a lot harder and there's so many different combos to learn.  That's part of my problem also.  Almost done with main story, but after that is gonna be some bigtime exploring and leveling up skills and gear.  Only killed one Berserker so far.  Those guys are insanely difficult.  Always keep a resurrection stone handy.

I finally beat the remaining berserkers over the weekend and finished up all the side quests and hidden bosses and ravens and whatnot to get the Platinum trophy. This game is a masterpiece, unfortunately there’s nothing else to do now until NG+ comes out. I started a play through of the 2018 game yesterday, and it’s interesting seeing some things from the first game in a new light knowing how it all ends.

Offline Dublagent66

• DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #2315 on: November 28, 2022, 01:55:31 PM »
Yeah, I plan on going back and replaying GoW 2018 again after this.  The GoW franchise is one of my all-time favs, if not THE fav.  Although, I'm afraid this one might be the last, but hopefully not.
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Offline Skeever

« Reply #2316 on: November 28, 2022, 02:14:02 PM »
Yeah, I plan on going back and replaying GoW 2018 again after this.  The GoW franchise is one of my all-time favs, if not THE fav.  Although, I'm afraid this one might be the last, but hopefully not.

This is, supposedly, the last of the Norse phase of the franchise. Next up is likely Egypt, or Mayan.

Offline billboy73

« Reply #2317 on: November 29, 2022, 07:43:46 AM »
Anyone picked up Sonic Frontiers yet?  Reviews look pretty good.  I'll probably get it soon.

Offline Dublagent66

• DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #2318 on: November 29, 2022, 09:19:00 AM »

This is, supposedly, the last of the Norse phase of the franchise. Next up is likely Egypt, or Mayan.

Not really sure what that means, but Kratos isn't getting any younger.  The franchise is based on his character.  Unless Atreus gets all ripped and shaves his head as the next gen GoW.

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline Dublagent66

• DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #2320 on: November 30, 2022, 10:48:44 AM »
Finally completed my Playstation console collection.  The only one that was missing is the PS3.  A little back story.  Never got the PS3 at launch cause I just didn't have the setup for it (HDTV, broadband internet, etc...).  Started gaming on an iPad and PSP for quite some time.  Didn't get my PS4 until late 2015 and it's been gung ho ever since.  Been rearranging my office/den into a separate gaming room.  Just recently noticed a PS3 slim (500GB) on Amazon.

Decided to snag that and a few games that I never played before (mainly GT6).  Also downloaded the HD versions of GoW and GoW II, GoW: GoS, GoW: CoO, and GoW: Ascension.  Just having a blast with it!  OMG how the download times have improved since the PS3. :eek

Now I got my SNES, PSOne slim, PS2 slim and PS3 slim side by side hooked up to the same TV.  PS4 and PS5 are the big dogs in the living room.  Not a Microsoft fan whatsoever, so Xbox is out of the question, but Nintendo on the other hand?  I definitely see a Switch in the near future.

Offline TheOutlawXanadu

• The Original Unseasoned Fan
  • DTF.com Member
« Reply #2321 on: November 30, 2022, 02:29:35 PM »

I started out planning to beat all the Berserkers but then I got to the king and was like... I'm good. I think I got to like 68% complete in terms of trophies, which is pretty high for me. I finished up collecting a few things and then called it a day. It was a glorious 41 hours!
:TOX: <-- My own emoticon!

Offline Dublagent66

• DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #2322 on: November 30, 2022, 02:53:31 PM »
Yeah, I was always getting distracted by side quests during the main story so I'm well over 60 hrs.  Then, I go back to the story and get stuck on Thor.  I'm like, "oh shit" maybe it's time to take a short break.  I was bleeding GoWR for nearly 3 straight weeks.  :lol

Offline Metro

• DTF Resident Sloth
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2323 on: November 30, 2022, 05:41:57 PM »
I was right around 60 hours when I got Platinum. The Berserker king had me throwing my controller across the room. I do think the 3 against 1 Berserker fight was harder, but with the right strategy and build it becomes manageable. Still far from easy but manageable  :lol

In the settings, there is an option for boss fight checkpoints. If you manage to get them down to 1/2 health, when you die and restart the fight the boss will still be at 1/2 health.

Or you know, you could just get good  :hat

Offline Skeever

« Reply #2324 on: December 01, 2022, 06:36:18 AM »
Help me out here, fellas.

I'm about 16 hours into Ragnarok, and I feel pretty burnt out, at this point?
I just  beat a particularly nasty boss (won't spoil it) and I am finding that the main missions all feel very long. Some of them take a few hours, but generally, they always seem to take at least 45 minutes, if not longer. And I don't really find the gameflow super compelling (i.e., walk in a straight line, go down detours to find chests, occasionally do a puzzle). It just all feels really slow and plodding.

Visually, the game is amazing. It controls well. It sounds phenomenal. The story is great.
But man I'm just not having a ton of fun with it. It feels very "on rails" in a way that, say, Final Fantasy XIII felt.

Offline Dublagent66

• DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #2325 on: December 02, 2022, 08:31:32 AM »

I just  beat a particularly nasty boss (won't spoil it) and I am finding that the main missions all feel very long. Some of them take a few hours, but generally, they always seem to take at least 45 minutes, if not longer. And I don't really find the gameflow super compelling (i.e., walk in a straight line, go down detours to find chests, occasionally do a puzzle). It just all feels really slow and plodding.

Visually, the game is amazing. It controls well. It sounds phenomenal. The story is great.
But man I'm just not having a ton of fun with it. It feels very "on rails" in a way that, say, Final Fantasy XIII felt.

Well, there are very few things wrong with this game.  I actually never played FFXIII, but that's about to change since I just got a PS3 recently.  I'm guessing your issue is that GoWR isn't open world enough?  Too linear?  I can see how the latter might be an issue, but personally I think they balanced out those aspects pretty well.  :dunno:

Offline Metro

• DTF Resident Sloth
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2326 on: December 02, 2022, 12:32:52 PM »
I like the open world(s) aspect of the game, but I feel like they could have expanded some of the realms. I would love to see more of Asgard and Niflheim. Seems all the attention went towards Svartalfheim, Midgard, and Vanaheim this time around.

Offline TheOutlawXanadu

• DTF.com Member
« Reply #2327 on: December 04, 2022, 09:14:35 AM »

Early in the game, I felt similarly, particularly during the Atreus sections. I will say that towards the final third, it gives you more time to do side quests in-between the major missions. I don't want to spoil anything but it sounds like you're not having a great time, so maybe I'll just say this... New areas open up, even pretty late in the game, that are not nearly as "on rails" as the early areas.

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #2328 on: December 06, 2022, 11:39:26 AM »
Two step verification with Google's authenticator app.   

I am currently unable to login to my PS4 or Discord because some kind of two-step verification system has been implemented. I'm supposed to be using Google's authenticator app, and I can't for the life of me figure out how it works. It's generating a code, but it never works on any of the services  I try and log into.   

I hate this shit so much, especially with the PS4. I think I've expressed my frustrations with it in the past, but the security on the thing has honestly killed my desire to use the console. Every time I try and do anything, I spend more time trying to log in, update, or redownload the game due to limited HD space. It's such a fucking hag. I just want to be able to turn on the thing I paid for and go. All these extra steps have soured console gaming. It used to be easier than PC gaming.

I feel like an idiot here because I'm usually pretty tech savy, but I can't figure out for the fucking life of me how this works. I just want to be able to use streaming services on my PS4, and I can't do that because I can't log into my Playstation account to update the system. .

Offline Dublagent66

• DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #2329 on: December 06, 2022, 12:12:35 PM »
Not sure I understand.  Why do you need Google to login to your PS4?  PS4 has its own 2 step verification process. ???

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #2330 on: December 06, 2022, 12:15:07 PM »
It's telling me I need to use an authentication app to log in. It doesn't say which one. My research says Google's is the one I'm suppose to use.

Offline Dublagent66

• DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #2331 on: December 06, 2022, 12:34:29 PM »
Well, I haven't logged into my PS4 in a while, and I've never used 2 step verification.  Maybe that's what I'm missing.  However, I didn't think you had to use someone else's app to do it.  The PSN has that already, I thought.  Could be wrong.

Offline TheOutlawXanadu

• DTF.com Member
« Reply #2332 on: December 09, 2022, 08:09:48 AM »
I'd be curious to hear peoples' thoughts on Elden Ring versus God of War. I know it's an apples-to-oranges comparison and both games are ultimately amazing but I still think it's an interesting comparison.

I was personally a bit more impressed with Elden Ring just because of the world. It truly haunted me in the best way and I couldn't get it out of my head. The Lands Between are just so imaginative and the open world format works so well for it. Both games are probably some of the best ever made but Elden Ring takes it by just a hair for me.

Offline Dublagent66

• DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #2333 on: December 09, 2022, 08:53:42 AM »
I have Elden Ring but stopped playing because it has too much of a Dark Souls vibe and I'm not a Dark Souls fan at all.  I might go back to ER eventually, but GoW is just a better overall game. IMO.

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #2334 on: December 09, 2022, 09:45:52 AM »
I'd be curious to hear peoples' thoughts on Elden Ring versus God of War. I know it's an apples-to-oranges comparison and both games are ultimately amazing but I still think it's an interesting comparison.

I was personally a bit more impressed with Elden Ring just because of the world. It truly haunted me in the best way and I couldn't get it out of my head. The Lands Between are just so imaginative and the open world format works so well for it. Both games are probably some of the best ever made but Elden Ring takes it by just a hair for me.
I haven't played a GOW game in ages and i've never played the Dark Souls games but Elden Ring is GOTY for me. It completly devoured my life for a couple of months.
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #2335 on: December 09, 2022, 11:59:20 AM »
Ken Levin and his studio is finally back in business:

Judas Official Reveal Trailer

Offline XJDenton

• What a shame
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2336 on: December 09, 2022, 12:00:50 PM »
I look forward to playing Bioshock with the serial numbers filed off.
"For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for nature cannot be fooled." - Richard Feynman

Offline King Puppies and the Acid Guppies

• I find your lack of filtered water disturbing
  • DTF.org Member
  • Together we can rule the ocean as father and son
« Reply #2337 on: December 09, 2022, 04:29:06 PM »
Ah it's Bioshock in space! :corn
aka Puppies_On_Acid
I peed next to Ian Mosley and Mark Kelly
Derek Sherinian probably stands 10 feet away from the urinal, shoots from downtown, and announces loudly that he's making history.
Quote from: TAC, definitely not King
Thes sng is are sounds rally nece an I lyke tha sungar

Offline XJDenton

• What a shame
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2338 on: December 09, 2022, 04:48:32 PM »
Or System Shock, for us old farts. :P
"For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for nature cannot be fooled." - Richard Feynman

Offline ErHaO

« Reply #2339 on: December 09, 2022, 05:10:20 PM »
Ooooh Death Stranding 2!!!!! Was not expecting that. I think the first is a masterpiece. At least, to the point where I am. I am playing the Director's Cut and am loving it (again, played a bit on the PS4 but when the PS5 directors cut game I decided I wanted to do that version).

The new "Bioshock" has my attention as well.

Elden Ring for me. A massive one of a kind journey filled with intrigue.

God of War Ragnarok is a great game with some truly fantastic sections, but in many ways I do prefer GoW 2018 (of which the biggest flaw was it's lack of boss variety). I thought the ending of Ragnarok felt a bit rushed (but still with a good plot and some great character moments). I wish more of the game was like the late(r) game sidequesting in Vanaheim, when it opens up a bit and offers some more interesting puzzles and world interactions. That whole part is by far my favourite part in the game, gameplay/leveldesignwise.

Offline MetalJunkie

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #2340 on: December 10, 2022, 09:15:02 AM »
It looks interesting. I need to try Bioshock again. I don't know why I didn't get into it the first time I tried. It might have been a combination of things. For one, I'm not super into linear games. Secondly, sometimes games where I'm isolated/alone can be very taxing on me, mentally. That's part of the reason I love "lived-in" open world games.

But I know the Bioshock series is held in high regard, so I'm willing to give it a go again.
Listen! Do you smell something?

Offline King Puppies and the Acid Guppies

• I find your lack of filtered water disturbing
  • DTF.org Member
  • Together we can rule the ocean as father and son
« Reply #2341 on: December 10, 2022, 09:36:37 AM »
Or System Shock, for us old farts. :P
Yeah, I had a momentary brain fart. Of course it's modern System Shock. Been way too long since I played that. Looking forward to the remake though.
aka Puppies_On_Acid
I peed next to Ian Mosley and Mark Kelly
Derek Sherinian probably stands 10 feet away from the urinal, shoots from downtown, and announces loudly that he's making history.
Quote from: TAC, definitely not King
Thes sng is are sounds rally nece an I lyke tha sungar

Offline Herrick

• Hello Mangs
« Reply #2342 on: December 10, 2022, 03:40:35 PM »
It looks interesting. I need to try Bioshock again. I don't know why I didn't get into it the first time I tried. It might have been a combination of things. For one, I'm not super into linear games. Secondly, sometimes games where I'm isolated/alone can be very taxing on me, mentally. That's part of the reason I love "lived-in" open world games.

But I know the Bioshock series is held in high regard, so I'm willing to give it a go again.

I didn't realize this until reading your post but yeah that game is quite linear isn't it? I remember it not feeling linear though. I loved that game when It came out but I didn't enjoy it nearly as much when I replayed it for the second time a few years ago. I really disliked the spastic enemies always running around and they sounded so stupid and annoying. The gunplay wasn't that good either.

BioShock 2 wasn't much better for me. I never actually felt like one of those Big Daddy things. I'm sure there's a story reason as to why the player is so weak but I don't remember it.

BioShock Infinite: I didn't even finish it. I might try it again one day but it was boring and I didn't like the game world.

And it's not like I dislike games like that because I enjoyed System Shock 2 which had worse combat and I fucking absolutely loved Prey. Herrick is currently (well not at this very moment) enjoying Deathloop.
DISPLAY thy Breasts, My Julia!

Offline TheOutlawXanadu

• DTF.com Member
« Reply #2343 on: December 12, 2022, 06:43:17 AM »

I haven't played a GOW game in ages and i've never played the Dark Souls games but Elden Ring is GOTY for me. It completly devoured my life for a couple of months.
I finally finished the game last night. Took 70+ hours but I got there. :lol

I had this really cool experience where I couldn't beat the last boss, so I said screw it and summoned some other players to co-op with me. We bowed to each other and then went for it. With all three of us, the final boss went down easy. I was honestly kind of moved that these people came in and actually helped me do something that I'm not sure I would be able to do myself. I don't think I've ever had that feeling from another game. Elden Ring was honestly one of the best gaming experiences I've ever had. :metal

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #2344 on: December 12, 2022, 07:39:44 AM »

I didn't realize this until reading your post but yeah that game is quite linear isn't it? I remember it not feeling linear though. I loved that game when It came out but I didn't enjoy it nearly as much when I replayed it for the second time a few years ago. I really disliked the spastic enemies always running around and they sounded so stupid and annoying. The gunplay wasn't that good either.

BioShock 2 wasn't much better for me. I never actually felt like one of those Big Daddy things. I'm sure there's a story reason as to why the player is so weak but I don't remember it.

BioShock Infinite: I didn't even finish it. I might try it again one day but it was boring and I didn't like the game world.

And it's not like I dislike games like that because I enjoyed System Shock 2 which had worse combat and I fucking absolutely loved Prey. Herrick is currently (well not at this very moment) enjoying Deathloop.

What's Deathloop?

I LOVE those types of games; System Shock might be my favorite game of all time (if it's not the Ultima series) and I LOVED all three Bioshock games. I just finished Prey (excellent!) and I'm doing the Mooncrash add-on (though it's not the same thing).   I'm going to hit the next Deus Ex next.    I'm in for a (meta) sequel to Bioshock.  I also heard that they might release System Shock for the console?  Is that right?