Author Topic: DT15: A View From The Top Of The World (Timeline for DT15)  (Read 358316 times)

Offline dream75

TT = Transcending Time?

Offline Trav86

So I’ll ask again: does anyone recall the guys ever being this hyped for an album?

They seemed pretty hyped about the last one.
Can't we find the minds
to lead us closer to the heart?

Offline Architeuthis

Didn't pick up on the 15, but that's pretty cool.  I like the artwork a lot.
A huge step up from the d/t cover.  A have a feeling this new album is gonna be very melodic and positive.  :coolio

JP has said about the new album in an interview: "The record is filled with energy and excitement and positivity. I'm excited about it."

So yeah it sounds like it will be a positive and uplifting album.
This is great!  I also read what the other band members James, Jordan, and Mike saying that they themselves are totally blown away after listening back to it and that they have reached a new level. 
John Myung is absolutely speechless!!!

:lol I can't believe nobody took up on that!

B.Lee
I hope his bass parts really stand out on this record!  💯💪
You can do a lot in a lifetime if you don't burn out too fast, you can make the most of the distance, first you need endurance first you've got to last....... NP

Offline jayvee3

Apologies if this has been answered in an interview or something that I missed, but is there anything suggesting yes or no for an instrumental track? I just feel “Sleeping Giant” would be a great name for an instrumental, based on nothing concrete in the slightest… 😊

Offline Wim Kruithof

• Official Guardian of The Shattered Fortress
I just keep on coming back to this DT15 thread, not to write down (I do not have FB or Instagram so am usually the last to know), but because this thread is gasoline for my adrenaline on the new record. So much looking forward.
Wim pointed out something I don't see mentioned very often...

Offline Trav86

Apologies if this has been answered in an interview or something that I missed, but is there anything suggesting yes or no for an instrumental track? I just feel “Sleeping Giant” would be a great name for an instrumental, based on nothing concrete in the slightest… 😊

I haven’t heard or read anything regarding an instrumental track.
Can't we find the minds

Offline Madman Shepherd

What else could the album be called if it's The Top of the World Tour? Sitting On Top of the World? Flying to the Top Of The World? Spinning My Top Of The World?

The DT12 tour was called Along For The Ride so not related to the album title at all, although the album didn’t actually have a title!

There were 2 options:

1) Dream Theatour

2) Dream Theater Tour to promote Dream Theater by Dream Theater, sometimes in a theater

I would have preferred the "Dream Theater Theatre Theatour"  :-\

Offline YouMakeMeSick

Edit: nevermind.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2021, 10:44:48 AM by YouMakeMeSick »
The owls are not what they seem...

Offline Edergilmour

• no alarms and no surprises, please.
I know you can't say much, but is there a particular reason why you chose those songs for this campaign?

I am also wondering if the pictures with the time stamps are referencing songs from the albums...

Afterlife
Metropolis
Caught In A Web
Peruvian Skies
The Dance of Eternity (And  :rollin at the reference to the misheard lyric in Metropolis Pt.1, "death is the first dancing turtle")
The Great Debate
Stream of Consciousness
Octavarium
In The Presence of Enemies/The Dark Eternal Night (?)
The Count of Tuscany
Bridges In The Sky
Engima Machine
Heavens Cove (this doesn't have the tracklistings)
S2N

The written plaque on the viewfinder in the slide after the piano octave picture is different than what is written on the tour flyers.

That's pretty much spot on as for what I had in mind when I scripted the teaser campaign...

Offline noxon

• Fan Club Professional
“What image can  we logically create that will make sense to fans”

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
So I’ll ask again: does anyone recall the guys ever being this hyped for an album?
Only at every single album release.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline TheLordOfTheStrings

• I make music. I also do other stuff sometimes.
  • EB
Can’t recall Jordan being this stoked tbh
Check out the latest concept album “III: The Sparrow & The Architect”, released through my project The Circle of Wonders:

https://linktr.ee/STARCOMMANDStudios
www.starcommandstudios.com

Offline dparrott

I was just thinking about an instrumental.  Time Trial sounds like a high speed instrumental.
"I don't know nuttin about nuttin" - Marshawn Lynch

The very soul of what was once real music is now lost in a digital quagmire of emotionless sonic madness.

Offline pg1067

I would say John Myung's level of enthusiasm for this album has never been higher (or, for that matter, lower).   :biggrin:
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline noxon

• Fan Club Professional

I was just thinking about an instrumental.  Time Trial sounds like a high speed instrumental.

But that's not a title of a track on the album...

Offline Trav86

“What image can  we logically create that will make sense to fans”

So if the songs don’t have a particular meaning, you were just going for ones that you could easily make an image for? If that’s the case, well done!
Can't we find the minds

Offline illusionist

Hey Noxon, do you know all these things people keep asking on this thread?
I know you can't give us details, and i am not that dumb to ask details either, but can you tell us what things you already know?
I mean, you can answer like this.

I know the title and the tracklisting of the album. I know, or don't know, if there is an instrumental track in there.
I have/haven't listened to the album.
I have/haven't interviewed the band about it.
I was/wasn't asked from the band to help with the new album presentation and videos that were uploaded on the fan club page.

And, if you have already listened to the album, have you written your own review, or is it too soon to fully 'get' the album?

These are the things i would like to know.
Cheers!

Offline gzarruk

It's already 28th in Australia and there's no official announcement yet. I'm disappointed.
(just in case the green font isn't enough, it's a joke)
It sounds like, "ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk." Instead of the more pleasing kick drum sound of, "gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk."

Offline noxon

• Fan Club Professional
This isn’t really spoiling anything so:

I know the title, artwork and the tracklisting of the album. I know if there is an instrumental track in there.
I have listened to the album.
I haven't interviewed the band about it. I will, though.
I was asked from the band to help with the new album presentation and videos that were uploaded on the fan club page.
I have not  written my own review as it’s too soon.

I won’t answer any detailed questions yet.

Offline illusionist

Thanks a lot for answering!
Waiting for tomorrow!

Offline devieira73

• Boldly go where no brazilian has gone before...
This isn’t really spoiling anything so:

I know the title, artwork and the tracklisting of the album. I know if there is an instrumental track in there.
I haven't interviewed the band about it. I will, though.
I was asked from the band to help with the new album presentation and videos that were uploaded on the fan club page.
I have not  written my own review as it’s too soon.

I won’t answer any detailed questions yet.

Can I envy you... just a little bit?  ;)
Noxon, do you know what time tomorrow's announcement will be? Thanks!
"one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind." (RIP Neil Armstrong)

Offline MirrorMask

The announcement is tomorrow so I would be VERY surprised if you didn't know all of this  :D

Feel like telling SINCE WHEN you know? just to know how the promotion machine works and how long in advance things are being set up....
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline ReaPsTA

• DT.net Veteran
  • Addicted to the pain

"This album is our best work" - John Petrucci
Take a chance you may die
Over and over again

Offline DarkLord_Lalinc

• pr0nman extraordinaire
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Hostages love me

I get the joke but why would this be an issue? Why would you feel excited for something for which JP goes like: “Meh, people are still going to prefer Images and Words and bitch about the drum sound but hey, it’s pretty cool nonetheless.”
Quote from: TioJorge
MAN FUCK YOU KUJA.
Quote from: hefdaddy42
The Darklord is amazing

Offline noxon

• Fan Club Professional

Feel like telling SINCE WHEN you know? just to know how the promotion machine works and how long in advance things are being set up....

We started working on it early April…

Offline Architeuthis

I get the joke but why would this be an issue? Why would you feel excited for something for which JP goes like: “Meh, people are still going to prefer Images and Words and bitch about the drum sound but hey, it’s pretty cool nonetheless.”
And Images & Words has no room to talk when it comes to drum sound.. 😈
You can do a lot in a lifetime if you don't burn out too fast, you can make the most of the distance, first you need endurance first you've got to last....... NP

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
Yeah, but Images & Words can act unreasonably and be kind of a jerk sometimes, so take that with a grain of salt.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline MirrorMask

We started working on it early April…

Wow! that early? I would have said June or so!
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline IDontNotDoThings

It's already 28th in Australia and there's no official announcement yet. I'm disappointed.

Tell me about it :emo:
ドリームシアターはあまり好きではありませんが、ペンと紙を持っていたので、なんてこった。

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
Patience, my friends.  Patience. 

Don't worry.  As always, between Noxon and I, you guys will get plenty of info once it is ready to be released.  We will drop whatever little advance nuggets we are allowed to, at the proper time.  Not to mention the fact that this forum has proven over and over again that you guys are crazy Internet sleuths, so you guys will probably come up with things before they are intended to be known anyway.  :lol
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline Revenge319

• I once thought it better to regret...

I changed the date on all of my electronic devices to 7/29/21 and there's still no announcement. Where's the DT15 info???

Offline RMGadelha

• Language nerd
  • Блин...

I changed the date on all of my electronic devices to 7/29/21 and there's still no announcement. Where's the DT15 info???

Just change it to somewhere past September or October and you will get the full album!

Offline Dedalus

I'm disappointed too.  :biggrin:

Offline hunnus2000

Is it possible that they are testing the waters to see what kind of response will be before officially announcing?

Offline geeeemo

Is it possible that they are testing the waters to see what kind of response will be before officially announcing?
So if they think there is negativity, then no album?  And we just get idk....TA in its entirety for the tour... ;)