Author Topic: DT15: A View From The Top Of The World (Timeline for DT15)  (Read 358976 times)

Offline RAIN

Yeah, we kinda know… /s

Really?  This is the first I've come across it.  I don't hang here all that often.

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
Well, this is the same "fiasco" as with The Astonishing, where the tour dates announcement spoiled the album title. Coordination is not really a thing, uh?

The bigger fiasco with The Astonishing was that it existed in the first place.

:facepalm:  :facepalm:  :facepalm:

Offline darkshade

now they're getting longer again.

When Dream and Day Unite
Images and Words
Awake
Falling Into Infinity
Metropolis Part 2: Scenes From A Memory
Six Degrees of Inner Turbulence
Train of Thought
Octavarium
Systematic Chaos
Black Clouds & Silver Linings
A Dramatic Turn of Events
Dream Theater
The Astonishing
Distance Over Time
A View From The Top Of The World

Offline Architeuthis

I sure hope the new cornholio variant doesn't put the kibosh on this tour..  sorry, had to say it..  :-\
You can do a lot in a lifetime if you don't burn out too fast, you can make the most of the distance, first you need endurance first you've got to last....... NP

Offline darkshade

I sure hope the new cornholio variant doesn't put the kibosh on this tour..  sorry, had to say it..  :-\

You mean the CCP/Fauci/Gain of Function variant?

Offline Architeuthis

Something like that..  :lol
You can do a lot in a lifetime if you don't burn out too fast, you can make the most of the distance, first you need endurance first you've got to last....... NP

Offline darkshade

Something like that..  :lol

It's never a China or United States variant..

Offline noxon

• Fan Club Professional
Yeah, we kinda know… /s

Really?  This is the first I've come across it.  I don't hang here all that often.

There’s pages discussing these details in this very thread. Plus that was all my Instagram account that shared them ;)

Offline emtee

Just checked out 2 Arch Echo songs. No vocals. Instrumental band?

Anyhoo, always an exciting time when new DT music is on the horizon.

Offline zappafrank2112

Haha, just saw a suggestion that the deluxe edition of the album should include a ViewMaster

Online Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods

Yup, and a great one with excellent melodies.

If it wasn't one of the songs you heard, I would recommend A Measure of A Life from their new EP. Their latest album "You Won't Believe What Happens Next!" is a great listen from front to back.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline goo-goo

Yep. Totally instrumental band but all of the music is composed with minimal improvisation (or none to that matter). Check them out. I think you will like them.

Online The Letter M

https://www.facebook.com/61758269281/posts/10159608073944282/

"To stretch beyond our limits
To blaze a brand new trail
Bold enough to conquer
Brave enough to fail"

Lyrics to the epic title track? Any guesses on who wrote them? Also, I'll be surprised if this isn't the main album cover, or at least, a special edition cover. I like that they included a "15" on there as well.

-Marc.
ATTENTION - HAKEN FANS! The HAKEN SURVIVOR 2023 has begun! You can check it out in the Polls/Survivors Forum!!!

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
Bold enough to conquer
Brave enough to fail"

They just Scream Myung lyrics.

Offline Trav86

If that’s the cover, it’s like a cross between ADTOE and DT12. Im surprised they would make a cover so similar.
Can't we find the minds
to lead us closer to the heart?

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
Didn't pick up on the 15, but that's pretty cool.  I like the artwork a lot. 
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Online The Letter M

Bold enough to conquer
Brave enough to fail"

I was thinking that too. Or maybe another collaboration between JP and JM., like BAI, S2N, and FITL.

-Marc.
ATTENTION - HAKEN FANS! The HAKEN SURVIVOR 2023 has begun! You can check it out in the Polls/Survivors Forum!!!

Offline Architeuthis

Didn't pick up on the 15, but that's pretty cool.  I like the artwork a lot.
A huge step up from the d/t cover.  A have a feeling this new album is gonna be very melodic and positive.  :coolio

Offline noxon

• Fan Club Professional
Look ar what you saw in our teasers… what was a recurring thing?

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
Is Arch Echo the opener across the states?

Offline Raise the Drum

• ::::::::::|...|::::::::::
  • Ñ
If those are lyrics to the epic im thinking that "the alien" (or "aliens") is not so far away for the opening track title.
Maybe this album is inspired a little by the space race that is happening with humans wanting to go to mars and all that.

The aliens would be us and the lyrics (of the epic) talk about conquer, go beyond and new trails.

it would be an 8V-kinda concept album

being "A view from the top of the world" the last thing you see before entering new worlds

Offline Architeuthis

Bold enough to conquer
Brave enough to fail"

I was thinking that too. Or maybe another collaboration between JP and JM., like BAI, S2N, and FITL.

-Marc.
Reminds me of a section from illumination Theory. 

Offline SleeperAwake

Yeah, they sound way more like something JP would write.

Online Ben_Jamin

I see we are finally coming back down to Earth in the Album Covers Meta story theme I can see happening with the album covers.

Since, Black Clouds and Silver Linings, each album cover has been telling some sort of story. As the door opens, we witness a circus clown on a unicycle riding a tightrope about to snap high above the clouds as a plane passes by. Apparently he gets by okay, as we "cross the bridges in the sky" "breaking all illusions" out into space. Peering through "The Looking Glass" we see Planet Earth, beautiful and illuminating. We come across a distant future dystopian world where "People just don't have the time for music anymore, and no one seems to care." This world is ruled by a Nefarious leader who rules over The Great Northern Empire with his Noise Machines. "The savior in the square" reunites the empire while his brother succumbs to fate, along with the Rulers son. The Great Northern Empire becomes Astonishing again. We now become "Untethered Angels falling into darkness" as we descend into a world ruled by machines, as the cover indicates Machine has now ruled over man, have the NOMACS conquered the humans in The Astonishing (?)...After receiving a signal, we have acquired a connection back home. Being "Out of Reach" and so far away "At Wit's End", we navigate circling back seeing Earth as a "Pale Blue Dot", all that "Ever is and ever was" for humans lies within that single dot.

IF this is the album cover. We now arrive back on Earth, with A View From The Top Of The World.

:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
 :corn
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
I'm looking forward to getting all the officially official info on Wednesday. And maybe an album trailer / In The Studio making of Trailer etc etc...

:D

Offline DarkLord_Lalinc

• pr0nman extraordinaire
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Hostages love me
Huge ADTOE vibes with that artwork. I dig it.
Quote from: TioJorge
MAN FUCK YOU KUJA.
Quote from: hefdaddy42
The Darklord is amazing

Offline emtee

The artwork is pretty cool. I don't look at it and think, "metal" but that can be said of most DT artwork.

Online Ben_Jamin

I'm looking forward to getting all the officially official info on Wednesday. And maybe an album trailer / In The Studio making of Trailer etc etc...

:D

I would be euphoric if they ended up releasing the single as well.

It's starting to make more sense that the tour leaks are happening. They may coincide with the announcement as the pre-sales for the tickets, at least the Mesa venue, are going on-sale that same day. So the venues have to post the events and make them open to handle to the load of traffic once the announcement is made and the tickets go on sale. According to the Mesa email, the general public tickets go on sale on Monday, August 2nd.

Offline evilasiojr

The guy on the reddit page, who supposedly had access to the vinyl before hand, implied that the album is called "View From The Top of the World".

I think it's a possibility the song is called "A View From..." and the album is only "View From...", like in "The Astonishing" (album) and "Astonishing" (song).

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
I definitely prefer the lighter album covers. Like Octavarium and A Dramatic Turn of Events.

Not a fan of the collage style ones like Awake / Black Clouds.

Online JRuless

The recurring thing I HEAR is the sound of birds. So maybe The Answer Lies Within?

Online Ben_Jamin

The pictures being viewed from a Viewfinder?

Offline RMGadelha

• Language nerd
  • Блин...
Birbs

Offline hunnus2000

That picture reminds me of Bubo from Jason and the Argonauts.

Who cares - bring it on!!!  :metal

Offline Dream Team

Serious question: have the guys ever sounded that amped before?