Author Topic: The $5.98 TAC EP Roulette V.4 Final Results  (Read 164560 times)

Offline faizoff

Re: The $5.98 TAC EP Roulette V.4 Round 5 Hanging Concepts
« Reply #3185 on: December 02, 2019, 06:17:13 PM »
Joe Cocker
Billy Joel?
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #3186 on: December 02, 2019, 06:19:05 PM »
STADLER

1. The Royal Guardsmen-Snoopy vs The Red Baron
2. The Replacements-__ac_ __a_o__
3. Marillion-Script For A Jester's Tear
4. Alter Bridge-Clear Horizon
5. Genesis-E___e__e O_ A_t____
6. Billy Joel-__e__a
7. Peter Gabriel-Solsbury Hill
8. Oasis-The __r_ __ T_e __rt_ Sh_rt
9. _r__ _r_s_o__er_o_-S_____ _or___' _o___' _o__
10. Joe Cocker-You Are So Beautiful
11. Flying Colors-Better Than Walking Away
12. Train - Drops of Jupiter
13. Elton John-H__h ______ __r_
14. Billy Joel-A_ ___o_e_t _a_
15. _e_____s_-T_e ____ __ Ha__ ___resse_
16. _rett E__r___e-_a__a _e T__t So__
17. Soundgarden-__ _a_e
18. Tim McGraw-H____e A__ ____

TAC SPHORE
« Last Edit: December 02, 2019, 07:06:02 PM by TAC »
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3187 on: December 02, 2019, 06:41:19 PM »
Alter Bridge is Clear Horizon.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline faizoff

« Reply #3188 on: December 02, 2019, 06:46:02 PM »
Genesis

H
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Offline faizoff

« Reply #3189 on: December 02, 2019, 07:02:40 PM »
Joe Cocker - You are so beautiful?

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #3190 on: December 02, 2019, 07:19:57 PM »
STADLER

1. The Royal Guardsmen-Snoopy vs The Red Baron
2. The Replacements-Black Diamond
3. Marillion-Script For A Jester's Tear
4. Alter Bridge-Clear Horizon
5. Genesis-Evidence Of Autumn
6. Billy Joel-Vienna
7. Peter Gabriel-Solsbury Hill
8. Oasis-The Girl In The Dirty Shirt
9. Kris Kristofferson-Sunday Mornin' Comin' Down
10. Joe Cocker-You Are So Beautiful
11. Flying Colors-Better Than Walking Away
12. Train-Drops Of Jupiter
13. Elton John-High Flying Bird
14. Billy Joel-An Innocent Man
15. Jellyfish-The King Is Half Undressed
16. Brett Eldridge-Wanna Be That Song
17. Soundgarden-My Wave
18. Tim McGraw-Humble And Kind
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #3191 on: December 02, 2019, 07:23:02 PM »
I present to you, The Story Of Stadler:

EPISODE IX: THE RISE OF STADLER
https://open.spotify.com/playlist/2MGSsoAUVYORa8dtCPtRJ3?si=JTYNI3nGRsK0XSLiv3DKuQ
Please insert "Genesis: Evidence Of Autumn" after "Clear Horizon" by Alter Bridge
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E8h0Wz6Z5nU

Bradley Cooper spoke to me; sure, his character was talking to The Lady Gaga’s character in “A Star Is Born”, but I knew he was talking to me.  “Reach down into your FUCKING SOUL.”   So I knew I had to step up.  From early on in my life, I knew that music was something special and would be in my life for good.  Almost all the major events in my life are tied to a song or an album in some way.  The songs don’t always match up lyrically or thematically, but they form the basis of a story, a story that is probably not of interest to anyone but me, but perhaps there’s a lesson in there somewhere.  Any banned songs, just drop them (Soundgarden is banned, I know that, but I needed the narrative).  The double points song is "The King Is Half-Undressed", or, if that is banned, "Clear Horizon" by Alter Bridge (from the new album).

BRO, THIS IS A NOVEL; seriously, it's coming in two parts.  You don't have to read it all, though I'd be honored if you did.  There's some poetic license in here - mainly with timelines - but easily 97% is true and accurate.

THE STORY - Part I
The song that made me realize music was more than incidental background noise was “Snoopy And The Red Baron”.  Dumb song, but it hooked me, and from that point, music started to integrate itself into my life.  From playing records with my grandmother, to noticing that when my aunt and uncle came over every Saturday night, they brought a stack of records to be played.  I got a portable record player for Christmas one year, and not long after, discovered Kiss.   I’m sure it sounds crazy to anyone that wasn’t there at the time, but those guys were GODS.  They really were larger than life.  They were taller, louder, bolder, and more outlandish than anyone else, and the delivered the goods.  Obviously they weren’t the first, nor, probably, the best at it, but for an 11-year-old boy, to have the guts to write songs about your cock was a whole new frontier!  I’m sure you’re well-versed in the Kiss catalogue, so this is an interesting cover of "Black Diamond" that I found back in high school; they changed the words, tried to give it a little more “meaning”, but it’s still raw and still pretty cool.   

Time passes and our hero finds himself in high school.  There’s no drama here, for better or worse, but certainly things that shape a person.   I was decidedly middle of the road; I didn’t realize it then, but this is when a real pattern started to emerge.   I wasn’t a clearly in any category; I played three varsity sports, but none exceedingly well.  The baseball team was mostly jocks, and I got along with most of the guys (especially the older guys) but I wasn’t really a full-on jock.  The soccer team was a bunch of nerds, and I was in the advanced classes, but I wasn’t really a part of that crowd.   The hockey team were all the burn-outs and stoners, and I didn’t smoke much, so even though my closest friends were on the hockey team, it was an uncomfortable fit.   I struggled with my Dad, I struggled with girls, I struggled with being authentic; nothing that would turn me into Cobain or anything, but it always seemed harder than it needed to be.   It’s a shade melodramatic, but the song “Script For A Jester’s Tear” sort of covers that feeling of being slightly out of step with the rest of the world, especially when my friends and ex-girlfriends were getting married and I could barely keep a girlfriend. 

So in that light, college was going to be the great transformation.  A lot happened to me – good and bad – in college, but those years set the tone for everything that has happened since.  There is no better song for this period than “Welcome To The Jungle”; though it came out a couple years after I got to Uconn, I lived in the dorms called “The Jungle”, and in so many ways that song fits like a glove.  Banned, of course, so I present you with “Clear Horizon”, by Alter Bridge, a band whose singer in my view brought Slash back from the (musical) dead and gave him a second chance.  It was also at college that I met someone, and had what I would call my first real relationship.  I’m not sure what to say about it now, but I think our first date really tells the story:  we both had tests the next day, while most of the dorm was in full-on party mode, so we took a drive.  Very “Blues Brothers”; full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, and we went and drove, for what turned out to be hours.  We ended up out by you (near Wrentham), not “lost”, per se, but in the times before iPhones and GPS, it was a sort of new adventure.  We fell in… lust is probably the best word; we told each other “I love you”; it wasn’t a lie, but it’s hard to be truthful when you don’t know what you’re talking about.   We broke up literally the day after I graduated; I was sad and bewildered at the time, but it was the right thing. I’ve only spoken to her once since then (swear to god, we ran into each other at a rest stop on the Mass Pike later that summer) but there is no animosity or anger or hurt.  I know you’re not a huge Genesis fan, and I believe this song is more about a suicide than a breakup, but there’s one line that is absolutely perfect, and this song – "Evidence Of Autumn" - to this day is my one lingering memory of that woman: “Though you hardly can recall her face or form, her memory lingers on”. 

So I’m out of school, I’m in the real world, and it’s both terrifying and a breath of fresh air.  I didn’t follow the beaten path, but rather let the waves carry me.  Still struggling with home, frustrated and tired of my high school friends, I very much knew I needed to move on, but did not know what “connections I should cut”.  Poetic license here, since this period wasn’t a week or a month, but more like several years.  I lived on Block Island, off the Rhode Island coast, for about six months.  I lost my grandmother – who I loved dearly – in summer of 1991.  Billy Joel didn’t know his father well, but reconnected with him later in life, and wrote the song “Vienna” about the experience.  It’s not an exact match to my feelings about my grandmother, but the sentiment is there, and the added bonus that “The Stranger” is one of the records I used to play on my portable record player at my grandma’s house.  She was amazing, in that she didn’t care what the music was, only that I was listening.  I carry that sentiment with me to this day.  Later that year I moved to California for about a year, I came back and decided to go to law school (fun fact:  I was two interviews into the process to become an FBI agent when I decided to go to school instead!), I met a girl and came thisclose to getting married...   it was my metaphorical "Solsbury Hill"; there was no “eagle”, but it was all a search, it was all sort of finding my way “home”.

Then I met my first wife.  At first it was everything you could imagine.  She was a widow at the time, so on a search of her own. She lived on a boat in a harbor of Long Island Sound, and I thought that was the coolest, boldest thing I’ve ever experienced.  While we dated, we would take the boat out to Block Island (a place I knew well). She would cook elaborate meals and while she would make a holy mess, she made the whole process look so easy.  I even started to call her the “Girl in the Dirty Shirt”.   I was on a roll; climbing the ladder at GE, going to business school for my MBA, moving around the country (first Georgia), and it was there that two things happened; one, I reconnected with my dad, and two, I became a dad myself.  My dad and my daughter are to this day, the two towering figures in my life.   

My dad was a rock star when he was younger.  No, not literally, but he was a man’s man.  He worked for a time on Federal missile programs, but in his spare time, he loved cars and worked on them (he once bought three Corvettes, and basically combined them into two working cars, a ’67 Stingray convertible and a ’69, and sold them.  I was born in ’67 and my brother was born in ’69; we bust his balls to this day about how they would have made great gifts).  He hunted; he fished; we lived on a lake and he ran the annual lake clambake and it was always the event of the year.  Then when I was about 7 or 8, he got sick.  And it got worse and worse.  It was later diagnosed as “arthritis”, but there was something more going on, because that doesn’t usually strike at that age.  When I was in middle school and high school, he could barely walk, could barely stand up by himself, and there were many days when my mom or I would have to put his socks and shoes on for him.  I remember one day coming home from school, and seeing my mom and dad at the table talking.  I asked what was up and my dad said, without a flinch of embarrassment or self-consciousness, that they told him at his job interview that they “wanted someone a bit more… healthy looking”.  This was a guy that once had top-secret security clearances, that owned his own business – twice! – and made them successful until his health made it too much to juggle.   It was hard; when you’re a bold teenager that knows everything, how do you respect a man who can’t even get out of a chair himself?   Who couldn’t even throw you a football?   Yet… I did.  I didn’t always like it, or him, but he had a way.  He taught me you go with your strengths.   You don’t ever give up.  You don’t ever take the easy way out.  You don’t ever make excuses.  I remember one time, when I was working on my car, and I’m under the vehicle trying to change the transmission, and he sat in the garage with me, on a stool and walked me through the process from memory.   No phones (to take pictures with), no “Haynes Manual”, no visuals of any kind, just his memory.  “There should be 7 or 8 bolts holding the housing in; loosen those.  Then disconnect the drive train before you fully remove the bolts”, and all the way through.   He’s 80 now, married to my mom for 55 years, and for the life of me I have no idea how he did it.   I celebrate him here with his favorite song of all time, “Sunday Morning Coming Down”, by Kris Kristofferson.  I think this song speaks to him; I think the point of the song is “what could be, and what could have been”, and if there’s anything about my dad that resonates over these years is the thought about “what could have been”, but the realization that all that matters is “what could be”.  He’s my hero, and while it’s sad to watch him age - his one gift, his mind, is slowly failing and it’s like burning needles to watch – he’ll always be that way for me.   (There’s not a lick of poetic license in this paragraph; this is all true, and I mean every word.)

<End Part I>

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #3192 on: December 02, 2019, 07:23:13 PM »
THE STORY - Part II
My daughter; the light of my life, and the reason I do most of what I’ve done for the past 20 years, good (get up in the morning, endure a loveless marriage) and bad (still drink (I’m kidding), endure a loveless marriage (not kidding)).  I used to sing to her at night; we would alternate between “Beth” (her name is Elizabeth, a family name), “Yesterday” and “You Are So Beautiful”. This is a sort of throwaway song, a transition; I’m sure you’ve heard it, and even if you haven’t, it’s the sort of song that doesn’t really stand on it’s own, but relies on the memories and the feelings that you might have shared with it.  I hope, though, that it tells the story, and gives a 2:39 snapshot into how much I love my daughter.  I’ve sung this to her hundreds of times (I would wager it’s a finalist for the “Father/Daughter” dance at her wedding) and burned her countless CDs with this on it; this story would be incomplete without this, and it’s probably the most literal song choice in this story.

Alas, the life I knew wasn’t meant to last.  We communicated horribly, childishly, and she had a knack for blowing molehills into mountains.  I, for my part, began to “manage” our existence, avoiding certain topics, gauging her mood like a seasoned psychotherapist to find the opportune time to bring up subjects that just could not be avoided.   Alcohol is a fantastic lubricant for unpleasant conversations with a recalcitrant partner.  I never cheated on her, but I had a friend (a woman) to whom I told something that my wife thought was a violation of confidence.  In typical fashion, she went nuclear, and from that day forward (even to this day) is convinced that was the tip of the iceberg and there must have been more between us (she was married too; we talked about “what ifs” but never came close to any substantive transgression).  Probably the greatest mistake of my life was letting that impression linger; rather than fight it, I chose to take the bullet and do what I could to keep the family unit together.  After all, divorce was a failure, and walking away was a failure.  Anything had to be “Better Than Walking Away”.   Flying Colors may be banned here, but I’m going to ask your indulgence.  This song is one of a small handful of songs that makes me cry to this day; it has deep meaning on (at least) two levels.  First, it was my belief about marriage.  Divorce WAS a failure, and I had to do everything I could, including live inauthentically, to make it work.  Anything was better than me walking away (after all, my dad never quit).  That was wrong, but I didn’t find out until later.  But second, the first verse IS my ex-wife; not only was I living that mantra for myself, but at the time I was praying that she would see that light and realize that for her, anything was better than walking away.   

As I said, she took it to extremes;  she ended up having two affairs that I know of, and a third that I strongly suspect.  At first, because I was traveling for work, and struggling to keep things afloat, I accepted it.  The song “Drops Of Jupiter” is another that to this day makes me cry.  I called her out on the first affair, and there was contrition and remorse.  I asked her, metaphorically, “did you sail across the sun?  Did you make it to the Milky Way to see the lights all faded, and that heaven is overrated? And… did you miss me while you were looking for yourself?”  At first, she said she did.  She begged for forgiveness, and I felt it was answered prayers.  We reconciled for a spell, but it wasn’t a couple months before she began another affair, with a gentleman she worked with (and with whom I was friends; he was and is a big fan of English prog).  It was to me a sign of the inevitable, and I finally took one final bullet; we moved back to Connecticut and accepted the divorce.   I know this sounds so reactionary, and might even make me sound like the victim, and I assure you, I’m not, not even a little bit.  I played my part and I made my decision accordingly; there was also a continuance of the theme of “riding the wave”.  I wasn’t going to be the first to surrender.   But I had to realize that “divorce” wasn’t “failure”, but also that sometimes the price for being “right” is too high.   There’s metaphor in the song, but “High Flying Bird” really gets to the essence of the issue.  She still feels wronged, and I’ve given up the fight of trying to convince her otherwise, and I’m only left with my feelings and what I take from the experience.   

Coming out of that experience, I realized that on HER terms, by her accusations, I was “An Innocent Man”.  I didn’t do the things she thought I did – real or metaphorical.  I wasn’t innocent, necessarily.  I contributed, I aided, I abetted, but not of what I stood accused.   My real crime was being inauthentic.   And in the aftermath of the divorce, I realize that I owed no one anything except myself. My true self.  No, not an anthemic “I just need a will of my own and the balls to stand alone!” kind of realization (Kiss reference), nothing I would shout from a stage to 10,000 adoring fans, but a more basic, more humble realization about being authentic.   It’s damaging to be otherwise, and when you’re not fundamentally honest with yourself it makes it so much harder to know what the right decision is in any given moment.    It leads to an almost blindness, a sort of disconnect from your experience that was for me draining, and tiring.  The song itself is about a prostitute and her client, and how she got to see his real self when the "King Is Half-undressed”, but it really captures the feeling of letting yourself be who you are.  The difference for me was, I didn’t need to do it in front of a prostitute by accident, I needed to do it in front of the people that I care for on purpose!   The divorce was painful, ugly, and not something I want to repeat, but it brought me closer to my daughter and my mom and dad, and I’m better for it.   In the years since (it’s been six and a half years since the divorce was final, though we were separated a while before that) I’m actually closer to my ex – who married that prog fan - now than I’ve ever been, to the point that when we took my daughter to her college, people couldn’t believe we were actually divorced.   I have zero feelings for her – no love, no hate – just indifference, but it’s healthier that way and I took that as a compliment to my own growth.

In the meantime, I met, almost by accident, a wonderful, beautiful woman.  We met through Match, and without belaboring this story, believe it was very much meant to be. Our first date was at a local restaurant, and we sat down for dinner around seven, and the waitress brought us waters.  We began talking, without ordering even a cocktail, and soon it was ten o’clock.  She had to go (she has three kids from her previous marriage) and as we left – again, not having ordered a single thing from the menu, just the free waters (yes, I tipped as if for a full meal) – the owner ran out to the parking lot to ask us what was wrong.  I answered, in perhaps the only time in my entire life I was ever smooth, that “everything was perfect; I just met a wonderful woman and we got wrapped up in our conversation.”  Rather than go straight home, I went to my local bar for a night cap, and the waitress – a younger woman who was kind but honestly felt a little sorry for me (and with whom my ex was convinced I was sleeping) – asked how it went.  I told her how special it was, and as a joke I asked “so how long do the kids wait these days to give the follow up call”?   And she said “do you like her?” and I said “yes” and she said “then don’t fuck around; tell her.”  I texted her that minute that I had a wonderful time and I hope she got home all right. It hasn’t been perfect, but it’s been wonderful, and we’ve been together ever since.  Her favorite singer is Keith Urban, and we’ve had the privilege of seeing him three times with Brett Eldridge – also a favorite – as the opener.  In tribute to my wife, and the role of music in our lives, I include “Wanna Be That Song” by Brett Eldridge.

Looking back I realized that I wasn’t ever an outsider, I wasn’t a “rebel and a loner”, like Pee-wee Herman, and I have no claim to any angst or trauma.   But I did sometimes let life live me, as opposed to the other way around.  I can’t submit it, because I’ve used the artist (and I’m pushing my luck with the Soundgarden) but “My Wave” is a very clear representation of my feelings on that.  Live and let live, “tend your own garden”, just keep it off my wave.  You see that in some form or fashion in most of my interactions on the site.   I also lived life at my own pace; it always took me a little longer to get to where I needed or wanted to go.  I later on turned into a very good softball player, but it wasn’t until I was in my late 20’s and after anyone would notice or care.  I wanted so bad to play guitar, and later on I got fairly good (I played professionally when I lived in Philly) but not quick enough to make a career of it.  I married late the first time and didn’t really sort out what it meant to be a good husband until later, after it was too late.  I was always fairly successful at work, often rated “High Potential” while at GE, but never really found my groove until the opportunities for real advancement were passed.  I’m still riding the wave; still reserving the right to exert my will on my own terms, but the message in this is to not get wrapped up in the circumstances, but tend your own garden.  Be who you are, be what feels most right.  For me, that’s being "Humble And Kind"

<End>

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #3193 on: December 02, 2019, 07:24:36 PM »
@ Elite..Please get your Hangman up in the morning! I'll pick it up once I get going tomorrow.

Get your writeup in too, so I can post it when hangman is done.

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
« Reply #3194 on: December 03, 2019, 12:02:30 AM »
Thanks for the responses to that wall of text in this thread. It'll get better eventually - at least that's the plan!

---

ELITE

1: _________ _____ - ___ ____ ___ __ _______ (____ ___________ ___)
2: __________ - ___ ______
3: _______ - ___ _______ ___ ___ ______ ____
4: ______ - ____ ________
5: _______ - _____ ______
6: _____ ______ - ___ ____
7: _____ - ________
8: __ ______ - ___ ___ ___________ _________
9: _____ ______ - _____
10: _________ _____ ___ - ______ _________
11: _________ _____ ___ - ___ ____ ___ ___ _____
12: ___ _____ - ___________ _ ____ __ ___ ____
13: ___ _____ - ___________ __ ___ ____ _______

- Let's go!
« Last Edit: December 03, 2019, 02:27:09 AM by Elite »
Hey dude slow the fuck down so we can finish together at the same time.  :biggrin:
Squ
scRa are the resultaten of sound nog bring propey

Offline ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #3195 on: December 03, 2019, 12:19:06 AM »
Give us EP!

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Offline King Puppies and the Acid Guppies

• I find your lack of filtered water disturbing
  • DTF.org Member
  • Together we can rule the ocean as father and son
« Reply #3196 on: December 03, 2019, 01:28:47 AM »
and a C :o
aka Puppies_On_Acid
Hey Stadler, your PM inbox is full.
Derek Sherinian probably stands 10 feet away from the urinal, shoots from downtown, and announces loudly that he's making history.
Quote from: TAC, definitely not King
Thes sng is are sounds rally nece an I lyke tha sungar

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
  • tdjghjjkhliòujoàupougjyufkuyrkuyt
« Reply #3197 on: December 03, 2019, 01:34:41 AM »
and an R for six Roaming owls

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
« Reply #3198 on: December 03, 2019, 02:26:51 AM »
ELITE

1: Ca_____a_ __r_e - __e C___ _a_ __ E_pa___ (___r _e____e____ __e)
2: _e____ere_ - __e _earc_
3: _______ - __e _a__e__ a__ __e _a_a_e ___e
4: ___a__ - _a__ _ar__e__
5: ___a_er - ____e __a___
6: A_e__ _re_c_ - _ee _e__
7: ___er - _pera__r
8: _r _____e - __e A_r C________e_ ______are
9: A_e__ _re_c_ - A____
10: __rapp___ _____ _a_ - _e__e_ _e__r__a_
11: __rapp___ _____ _a_ - A__ _a__ __e _e_ __e__
12: __e _cea_ - _a__pe_a__c _ __e_ __ __e _eep
13: __e _cea_ - _a__pe_a__c __ _e_ __e_ _e__e_e

Guessed letters: CRAP E

--

I hope I didn't miss any letters. You should be able to guess everything now. Go!
« Last Edit: December 03, 2019, 07:09:06 AM by Elite »
Hey dude slow the fuck down so we can finish together at the same time.  :biggrin:
Squ

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3199 on: December 03, 2019, 04:05:08 AM »
A
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
« Reply #3200 on: December 03, 2019, 07:09:14 AM »
A added above!
Squ

Offline faizoff

« Reply #3201 on: December 03, 2019, 07:19:41 AM »
T

So much listening to catch up to. I'm not reading any more writeups until I get to listen to the albums/EP. Almost done with Puppies, after that I beleive Evermind is next.

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
« Reply #3202 on: December 03, 2019, 07:20:40 AM »
Not adding a T yet, until an evermind solves half of that hangmanen. It's probably not too difficult :biggrin:
Squ

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • PSA: Stairway to Heaven is in 4/4
« Reply #3203 on: December 03, 2019, 07:22:00 AM »
Not adding a T yet, until an evermind solves half of that hangmanen. It's probably not too difficult :biggrin:

The hell it isn't, I can't decipher jack shit out of this. You put that T and an S in there, damn it!

2: _e____ere_ - __e _earc_
12: __e _cea_ - _a__pe_a__c _ __e_ __ __e _eep
13: __e _cea_ - _a__pe_a__c __ _e_ __e_ _e__e_e
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.
"I don't worry about nothing, no, 'cause worrying's a waste of my time"

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #3204 on: December 03, 2019, 08:14:12 AM »
The Ocean - both parts of Mesopelagic
Semistereo - The Search

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
« Reply #3205 on: December 03, 2019, 08:27:23 AM »
The Ocean - both parts of Mesopelagic
Semistereo - The Search

Can't update hangmanen now, but the first is not correct, the second is
Squ

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #3206 on: December 03, 2019, 08:32:25 AM »
Hadopelagic* whatever i hate the goddamn song titles on this album  :lol

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #3207 on: December 03, 2019, 08:37:59 AM »
ELITE

2: Semistereo - The Search
12: The Ocean - Hadopelagic I: Omen of the Deep
13: The Ocean - Hadopelagic II: Let Them Believe

Guessed letters: CRAP E

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
« Reply #3208 on: December 03, 2019, 08:49:55 AM »
ELITE

1: Ca_____as __rse - T_e C_t_ _as __ E_pat__ (___r Se_t__e_t__ __e)
3: S______ - T_e _a__ess a__ t_e _a_a_e ___e
4: __sa__ - _ass _ar__ess
5: ___a_er - ___te S_a___
6: A_e_t _resc_ - See _e__
7: ___er - _perat_r
8: _r _____e - T_e A_r C____t___e_ ____t_are
9: A_e_t _resc_ - A__st
10: Strapp___ _____ _a_ - _e__et _e__r__a_
11: Strapp___ _____ _a_ - A__ _a__ t_e _e_ __es_

Guessed letters: CRAP SET

some of these are stupidly obvious now
Squ

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #3209 on: December 03, 2019, 08:53:36 AM »
some of these are stupidly obvious now

They must be if *I* can guess them.

Agent Fresco
Strapping Young Lad
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Lethean

« Reply #3210 on: December 03, 2019, 08:55:53 AM »
See Hell. :)

That and The Search were two of my favorites from my roulette.

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3211 on: December 03, 2019, 08:56:07 AM »
See Hell. I got one!!

EDIT: Damn it Lethean  :facepalm:
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #3212 on: December 03, 2019, 08:57:00 AM »
Caligula's Horse - This City Has No Empathy (Your Sentimental Liiiiieeeeeeeeee, LIARRRRRRRRRR)
Mr. Bungle - The Air Conditioned Nightmare

Offline Lethean

« Reply #3213 on: December 03, 2019, 08:57:16 AM »
See Hell. I got one!!

EDIT: Damn it Lethean  :facepalm:

:lol

Offline Lethean

« Reply #3214 on: December 03, 2019, 08:58:48 AM »
Ulver - Operator

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
« Reply #3215 on: December 03, 2019, 08:59:33 AM »
ELITE

1: Caligula's Horse - The City Has no Empathy (Your Sentimental Lie)
3: S______ - T_e _a__ess a__ t_e _a_a_e ___e
4: __sa__ - _ass _ar__ess
5: ___a_er - ___te S_a___
6: Agent Fresco - See Hell
7: Ulver - Operator
8: _r _____e - T_e A_r C____t___e_ ____t_are
9: A_e_t _resc_ - A__st
10: Strapping Young Lad - _e__et _e__r__a_
11: Strapping Young Lad - A__ _a__ t_e _e_ __es_

Guessed letters: CRAP SET
Squ

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3216 on: December 03, 2019, 09:01:37 AM »
Agent Fresco - Angst? :neverusethis:

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
« Reply #3217 on: December 03, 2019, 09:04:35 AM »
Squ

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #3218 on: December 03, 2019, 09:05:07 AM »
give me I

Online Buddyhunter1

• Professional Mellotron Spotter
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Observe The Train
« Reply #3219 on: December 03, 2019, 09:37:35 AM »
Velvet Kevorkian / All Hail The New Flesh
BUDDYHUNTER | Debut Demo Out Now! FREE DOWNLOAD: https://buddyhunter.bandcamp.com/
RYM: https://rateyourmusic.com/~buddyhunter1