Author Topic: What pissed you off today?  (Read 132174 times)

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
Re: What pissed you off today?
« Reply #2485 on: November 17, 2023, 10:39:17 AM »
Looks like get-ins are $102 all in. That does seem excessive, but not necessarily for NYC.

How long have those tickets been on sale? There are a ton of seats available. There are still non-platinum floor seats available. Looks like the pricing has scared off quite a few people. I'd assume that to be a surefire sellout, but it certainly hasn't started well for that. If they can't sell it out then it's going to be a real buyer's market once the date gets closer.

Today was public sale, but I had no expectations of a sell out personally (I guess unless the tickets were stupid cheap).  I know it's always a big draw to play the Garden but Pantera is not big enough to sell it out, nor is the combo with Lamb of God.  The good thing, I expect deals to be had.

Also, I've seen quite a few bigger bands at the Garden for under $100, so while I generally agree that all in for $100 is generally fair for MSG/NYC, it seems excessive for these bands.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #2486 on: November 17, 2023, 10:52:54 AM »
I am pissed about still having COVID.  I first tested positive on Halloween, and Thanksgiving is next week FFS.

Also, I have been without the senses of taste or smell for over a week now.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #2487 on: November 17, 2023, 10:59:43 AM »
I am pissed about still having COVID.  I first tested positive on Halloween, and Thanksgiving is next week FFS.

That sucks. Hope you get better soon.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline Awaken

« Reply #2488 on: November 17, 2023, 11:43:52 AM »
Looks like get-ins are $102 all in. That does seem excessive, but not necessarily for NYC.

How long have those tickets been on sale? There are a ton of seats available. There are still non-platinum floor seats available. Looks like the pricing has scared off quite a few people. I'd assume that to be a surefire sellout, but it certainly hasn't started well for that. If they can't sell it out then it's going to be a real buyer's market once the date gets closer.

Today was public sale, but I had no expectations of a sell out personally (I guess unless the tickets were stupid cheap).  I know it's always a big draw to play the Garden but Pantera is not big enough to sell it out, nor is the combo with Lamb of God.  The good thing, I expect deals to be had.

Also, I've seen quite a few bigger bands at the Garden for under $100, so while I generally agree that all in for $100 is generally fair for MSG/NYC, it seems excessive for these bands.

I will probably hold off and see what I can get as the show gets closer, as well. 

Offline Awaken

« Reply #2489 on: November 17, 2023, 11:44:48 AM »

Seconded - hope you're better soon

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #2490 on: November 17, 2023, 01:06:28 PM »

Thirded.

Offline Jamesman42

• There you'll find me
  • DT.net Member
  • Spiral OUT
« Reply #2491 on: November 17, 2023, 01:43:20 PM »

Thirded.

Fifthed.

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #2492 on: November 17, 2023, 02:05:16 PM »

Shit dude... that honks.  I've had a brutal head cold for the past week, but 2.5 weeks of COVID tops that.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #2493 on: November 17, 2023, 02:31:00 PM »

Just awful. Lost mine for more than week when I had it in August.

Got the newest Moderna vax this morning. Shoulder is starting to really hurt.
beul ni teh efac = Lube In The Face / That has to be wrong.  :lol / EDIT: Oh, it's Blue! I'm an idiot.
Pardon the interruption, but I just had to run in and celebrate the majesty of Lube in the Face as highest moment in roulette history

Offline TheHoveringSojourn808

• fun committee president, sloth gang initiate, and annie clark lover
  • JLB + MP friendship stan
« Reply #2494 on: November 17, 2023, 06:40:23 PM »

WTF, that is fucking crazy dude.

I'm sure there's not much of a comparison anymore because of how fast it has mutated and how varied symptoms/responses are to it, but the first (of three) times I have had COVID (in May 2020, pre vaccines) I lost my sense of smell and taste for about 10 months. If you've had it before or have been vaccinated I'm sure that won't be your case, but I can empathize. It sucked hard :(

EDIT: 2nd/3rd bouts of COVID (both post vaccination + prior infection obviously) I never lost either sense.
harusame ni nuretsutsu yane no temari kana
RIP the Great Ape, 2024.02.01
Welcome to the Forums!

Offline chknptpie

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #2495 on: November 18, 2023, 05:39:49 AM »
I came down with covid when we came home from the cruise (not shocked lol). Only down for a week. However, hubby has been down and out for like 2 weeks now and kept testing negative. Got tested at the doctors office and its the flu. Crazy that we both got the covid and flu boosters before the cruise and then each of us gets a different virus.

Hope anyone feeling poorly gets better soon.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2496 on: November 18, 2023, 05:47:26 AM »
I came down with covid when we came home from the cruise (not shocked lol). Only down for a week. However, hubby has been down and out for like 2 weeks now and kept testing negative. Got tested at the doctors office and its the flu. Crazy that we both got the covid and flu boosters before the cruise and then each of us gets a different virus.

Hope anyone feeling poorly gets better soon.

Charming.  mrs.jingle and I are planning a Trans-Atlantic Disney Cruise for our 25th anniversary (anniv is April; cruise is 13 days in May).  Cruises are already floating petrie dishes.
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline chknptpie

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #2497 on: November 18, 2023, 05:57:29 AM »
Charming.  mrs.jingle and I are planning a Trans-Atlantic Disney Cruise for our 25th anniversary (anniv is April; cruise is 13 days in May).  Cruises are already floating petrie dishes.

Add on to it the airports, airplane, rideshare/taxi's, hotels... yeah just plan for being sick after your trip. Hopefully nothing during!

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #2498 on: November 18, 2023, 07:52:14 AM »

WTF, that is fucking crazy dude.

I'm sure there's not much of a comparison anymore because of how fast it has mutated and how varied symptoms/responses are to it, but the first (of three) times I have had COVID (in May 2020, pre vaccines) I lost my sense of smell and taste for about 10 months. If you've had it before or have been vaccinated I'm sure that won't be your case, but I can empathize. It sucked hard :(

EDIT: 2nd/3rd bouts of COVID (both post vaccination + prior infection obviously) I never lost either sense.
This is my first time.

I got a negative result this morning, so that's good.  However, per my wife, I am still in lockdown until a second negative in 48 hours.

My Mom tried to tell me about the CDC guidelines and how they aren't as stringent as what I've been living under, and I had to tell her, "Mom, that's fine, but I'm not married to the CDC."
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2499 on: November 18, 2023, 08:37:38 AM »
 :lol :lol

I've been sleeping in jingle.son's bed for the last week (he's away at school) because of a viscious head cold.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #2500 on: November 18, 2023, 09:23:07 AM »
:lol :lol

I've been sleeping in jingle.son's bed for the last week (he's away at school) because of a viscious head cold.
Yep yep yep

Offline Glasser

« Reply #2501 on: November 18, 2023, 02:37:03 PM »

I had covid in September and had the same symptoms. I'm not sure if its an age thing or just how fucked covid is but the healing was so gradual it seemed like forever. Now I've had vertigo for a month!  >:( :censored

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #2502 on: November 18, 2023, 03:16:33 PM »

I had covid in September and had the same symptoms. I'm not sure if its an age thing or just how fucked covid is but the healing was so gradual it seemed like forever. Now I've had vertigo for a month!  >:( :censored
That sucks!

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2503 on: November 18, 2023, 03:54:25 PM »

Fuckin hell, I'd NEVER heard of anyone personally with a case of Vertigo, and since COVID, you're now the 4th or 5th person I've heard of that had it.  I wonder if it's a long term COVID consequence, or vaccine?  Or just completely coincidental

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2504 on: November 18, 2023, 04:07:50 PM »

Fuckin hell, I'd NEVER heard of anyone personally with a case of Vertigo, and since COVID, you're now the 4th or 5th person I've heard of that had it.  I wonder if it's a long term COVID consequence, or vaccine?  Or just completely coincidental

My gf recently had a small bout of Vertigo as the two of us had been dealing with an on/off cold.  Even I felt like I might had had it because of my ears popping and the pressurization in my head was all off for a couple days.

Definitely sucks to be sick during the holidays though as I had the flu last year that caused me to stay home for Thanksgiving and cancel my plans to see my family in Florida.  My boss got covid this week. It's been on my mind between the cold (which is gone now) and past years illness during the holidays that I keep thinking this years will be cancelled too.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #2505 on: November 18, 2023, 05:59:46 PM »
I thought I had a vertigo the last few days, as my symptoms were similar to my brother's (he gets it on occasion), but I think it was just an inner ear infection.  I had that feeling like I was going to get sick with a cold, but never did, and I felt for a good 36 hours like I was on the verge of getting dizzy, but also never did.  And I didn't have a headache, but felt slightly off center.  It seems to have cleared up, but was a strange feeling.

Offline Glasser

« Reply #2506 on: November 18, 2023, 07:32:17 PM »

I had vertigo last year that crippled me for s few days and then was gone. I had covid end of September for about 2 weeks. Now this vertigo is less intense but lingering like a condition and meclizine doesn't help it. I was  vaxxed in 2021, the 2 part Moderna and that's it. Also had shingles last year, that was off the charts miserable. Who knows why.

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2507 on: November 19, 2023, 06:05:46 AM »

Man it's wild you say this because when I had COVID in September (not my first time having COVID) I had vertigo. Even when all my other covid symptoms disappeared and I'm testing negative I still have vertigo come up. I had my physical and talked to my doctor in October and everything was fine in my bloodwork. She (my doc) told me that I'm not the first person to complain about getting vertigo from covid.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #2508 on: November 19, 2023, 07:56:13 AM »
Guys, stop talking about vertigo.  I'm afraid I will be the next to catch it.

Offline Jamesman42

• There you'll find me
  • DT.net Member
  • Spiral OUT
« Reply #2509 on: November 19, 2023, 08:11:33 AM »
Dad, I've been sick as all fuck for the last week. Not Covid, just a bad virus wrecking me. I missed 3 days of work last week.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #2510 on: November 19, 2023, 08:37:17 AM »
Dad, I've been sick as all fuck for the last week. Not Covid, just a bad virus wrecking me. I missed 3 days of work last week.
I hate to hear that, son.  Hang in there.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2511 on: November 20, 2023, 09:53:15 AM »

I missed 1, but I work from home.  If I was in a career where I had to be somewhere or around people, I'd probably have called in sick all week.  I'm still fairly congested in the head/sinuses.

Offline Jamesman42

• There you'll find me
  • DT.net Member
  • Spiral OUT
« Reply #2512 on: November 20, 2023, 10:30:23 AM »

I missed 1, but I work from home.  If I was in a career where I had to be somewhere or around people, I'd probably have called in sick all week.  I'm still fairly congested in the head/sinuses.

I wanted to, but I felt okay enough last Tuesday/Wednesday, which happened to be the most important days for me to be there (did my first eval and had an important lunch for a student to attend). I think today is the day I am finally feeling some semblance of being okay.

Offline Glasser

« Reply #2513 on: November 20, 2023, 02:14:36 PM »
My mother-in-law. But that's everyday.  >:( :censored

Offline Awaken

« Reply #2514 on: November 30, 2023, 08:08:41 AM »
Here to bitch and moan about ticket prices again.  A7X at Mohegan Sun (CT) presale, lowest price ticket in nosebleeds $140/each.  I really hate to say I'm just priced out of shows these days.  I'll have to travel to NH (lowest price is approx half CT) to see this show I guess. 
« Last Edit: November 30, 2023, 08:24:47 AM by Awaken »

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #2515 on: November 30, 2023, 08:28:06 AM »
Here to bitch and moan about ticket prices again.  A7X at Mohegan Sun (CT) presale, lowest price ticket in nosebleeds $140/each.  I really hate to say I'm just priced out of shows these days I guess.  I'll have to travel to NH (lowest price is approx half CT) to see this show I guess.
They're doing something weird there. The $140 are platinum tickets. Non-platinums are still a whopping $123 (including TTL), but that seems to apply to both balconies. I'm seeing lowers for that same $123, and once they un-platinum everything there should be some decent seats.

That said, I've never seen anybody slap a platinum sticker on nosebleeds like that. It really is strange.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2516 on: November 30, 2023, 09:41:44 AM »
Nose bleeds are $40 plus fees in NJ.  Granted, those seats suck.  Going to be 110 + fees for a somewhat decent seat.  I feel like I paid $90 for the MSG show in the last row of the venue, but that show had better support. 

Offline Awaken

« Reply #2517 on: November 30, 2023, 10:17:20 AM »
Nose bleeds are $40 plus fees in NJ.  Granted, those seats suck.  Going to be 110 + fees for a somewhat decent seat.  I feel like I paid $90 for the MSG show in the last row of the venue, but that show had better support.

That's exactly why I can't pull the trigger for seats in CT.  Thinking about the NH or NJ show instead. 

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2518 on: November 30, 2023, 10:18:31 AM »

That's exactly why I can't pull the trigger for seats in CT.  Thinking about the NH or NJ show instead.

You'll have to let me know if you come down to NJ.  Planning on going with my college roommate and my gf as of now.  But there's at least one other DTFer that was toying with the idea of going to the NJ show too.

Offline Awaken

« Reply #2519 on: November 30, 2023, 10:22:50 AM »

You'll have to let me know if you come down to NJ.  Planning on going with my college roommate and my gf as of now.  But there's at least one other DTFer that was toying with the idea of going to the NJ show too.

Definitely will - I'm leaning toward NJ, NH in late winter/early spring can be a pain