Author Topic: What pissed you off today?  (Read 132176 times)

MetalJunkie and 7 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
Re: What pissed you off today?
« Reply #2380 on: November 02, 2023, 07:08:41 AM »
I took that as well when I got covid.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #2381 on: November 02, 2023, 08:28:05 AM »
I took that as well when I got covid.

so did mrs.jingle.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #2382 on: November 02, 2023, 08:48:11 AM »
I'm not allowed to take it. That said, has anybody here had Covid with and without Paxlovid? I'd be curious if anybody's taken it with a frame of reference?
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2383 on: November 06, 2023, 06:30:31 AM »
What's pissing me off today is the fact that I've managed to bypass YouTube's adblocker nonsense up til today. Now suddenly it was like "You can watch three more videos and then you're banned unless you whitelist us" and then I watched three more videos and they now are making it hard to bypass. For now I've switched from Chrome to Edge. Thus far my adblocker is working fine on there without any popups or warnings on my same YT account but I'm sure it's just a matter of time.

This crackdown on ad blockers on YouTube has been in the works for a while. ublock and YouTube have been going to war :lol. Try using Firefox, it's not a chromium based browser (Edge is) and you might have better luck blocking the ads.

What I did was disable ublock and then reinstalled the extension and have been blocks ads since. I'm sure it's a matter of time before I have to do some fuckary.

Funny enough I probably watch YouTube more than any other streaming service and if they had a $5 monthly fee to disable ads but I'm not paying $15. I don't want any of the additional services YouTube offers.

So I just installed UBlock Origin and went to youtube in chrome and had the YT ban/block at first, then turned off adblocker but turned the popup blocker on via UBlock (even though it wasn't showing up as a typical popup anymore at this point, but rather was part of the video itself) and refreshed the page and they're playing fine again. Lets see how long this lasts.
Are you the sort of person that lets things on your PC update whenever they damn well feel like? I suspect that it'll work up until the point that Chrome updates and bricks nerfs Origin.

Well the FF experiment failed.  YT is now cracked the code to prevent ad supported videos in FF unless the blocker is removed.  I guess it's either ads, or watching in the DDG player - which sucks ass.
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Bolsters

• Lost Boy
  • DTF.org Member
  • What a hell of a day to embrace disorder
« Reply #2384 on: November 06, 2023, 06:46:05 AM »
uBlock Origin is still working for me, in both Firefox and Chrome. I've had to go into the settings for it, purge the filter list cache then update a couple of times when it stopped working, but so far that has fixed it each time.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2385 on: November 06, 2023, 06:51:24 AM »
uBlock Origin is still working for me, in both Firefox and Chrome. I've had to go into the settings for it, purge the filter list cache then update a couple of times when it stopped working, but so far that has fixed it each time.

I just tried that ... no dice.  I wonder if it hasn't expanded to Australia yet, or if there are certain digital laws you guys have that prevent YT from being able to activate this.

https://techcrunch.com/2023/11/01/youtube-is-now-cracking-down-on-ad-blockers-globally/

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #2386 on: November 06, 2023, 06:52:26 AM »
U Block Origin is still not letting ads through on my browser - Chrome: Version 118.0.5993.118

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2387 on: November 06, 2023, 07:12:18 AM »
My brother paid good money for an authentic hockey net for my nephew.  they leave it in their yard but close to the street because it's heavy.  Someone took it late at night.  Seems that they got an idea it wasn't free to take from Facebook and then they left a note with their #.  It's free it there's a damn sign on it saying so.  Otherwise, don't come in when people are asleep to take something that's not yours.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2388 on: November 06, 2023, 08:23:16 AM »
wtf, is that their real number and not some bs?  Like if you are going to steal it, fucking steal it.  Who does it in the middle of night without permission as if its a kind gesture to take it off your lawn? 

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2389 on: November 06, 2023, 08:34:05 AM »
My brother is steaming right now.  I haven't seen him this mad in a long time.

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #2390 on: November 06, 2023, 08:36:37 AM »
wtf, is that their real number and not some bs?  Like if you are going to steal it, fucking steal it.  Who does it in the middle of night without permission as if its a kind gesture to take it off your lawn?

I'm not trying to absolve them, just offering an angle..

I have curbside pickup through my city. Anything I need to dispose of, I can leave at the curb. Couch, bedframe, old grill, busted fridge, ceiling fans, whatever... I just call the city, tell them what I have, and they give me the date that the truck will be by. One week will be for wood stuff, the next for metal, etc.. The trucks start their rounds at 4AM, so they folks on the phone tell you to leave it out the night before. 

The standard procedure is to leave your stuff by the road/at the curb in the evening, and the city will have it picked up before you wake up. Any time I've left out anything metal, scrappers in pickups get to it before the city does. They know what night is the night before a metal day, and they snatch up as much as they can before daylight.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2391 on: November 06, 2023, 08:39:57 AM »
It doesn't sound like it was on the street though, otherwise I'd probably agree since I know for my area as well, if you leave stuff on the street curb, it's basically free to take.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2392 on: November 06, 2023, 09:04:31 AM »
They don't have that in his town.  And do that late at night is a sneaky way of doing things. 

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #2393 on: November 06, 2023, 09:29:10 AM »
I'm not allowed to take it. That said, has anybody here had Covid with and without Paxlovid? I'd be curious if anybody's taken it with a frame of reference?

I have had covid twice. The first time I was asymptomatic and was given Paxlovid. I hated it. The horrible taste it put in my mouth and it made me feel off.

The second time I got covid I decided to pass on Paxlovid. I wanted to die I felt so bad. Not sure it the drug would have helped, but who knows.
beul ni teh efac = Lube In The Face / That has to be wrong.  :lol / EDIT: Oh, it's Blue! I'm an idiot.
Pardon the interruption, but I just had to run in and celebrate the majesty of Lube in the Face as highest moment in roulette history

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2394 on: November 06, 2023, 09:38:18 AM »
It is a nasty aftertaste taking that pill. 

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #2395 on: November 06, 2023, 09:51:15 AM »
If it's COVID, it's Paxlovid.  ;)

I didn't take it; I didn't even go to the doctor when I had it.  I laid on the couch for a week.   But I'm not sure I would; I hate that commercial with a passion.  "If it's COVID, it's paxlovid"; WTF; I hate that idea that you can tell the doctor what should be prescribed for you.   Worst thing ever when doctors now had to answer and defend themselves to patients for ads they (the patient) saw on TV.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #2396 on: November 06, 2023, 10:10:37 AM »

I didn't take it; I didn't even go to the doctor when I had it.  I laid on the couch for a week.   But I'm not sure I would; I hate that commercial with a passion.  "If it's COVID, it's paxlovid"; WTF; I hate that idea that you can tell the doctor what should be prescribed for you.   Worst thing ever when doctors now had to answer and defend themselves to patients for ads they (the patient) saw on TV.
For the record, my doctor prescribed it to me.  I didn't have to ask for it, and probably wouldn't have if the doctor didn't recommend it.

I'm through my cycle of it now.  Glad those side effects are gone.  My colon may never recover.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2397 on: November 06, 2023, 03:13:55 PM »

I'm kind of with you on paxlovid. It's not much different, to me, than anti-biotics.  I'm not too interested in taking medicine that my body is naturally going to fight on its own.  Granted, if my symptoms are that bad, it's a different story.  I see very little reason to take Paxlovid if/when I get covid again unless my symptons feel unmanageable. 

Covid was pretty bad for me two years ago, but last year's flu was even worse for me.  I didn't take prescription meds either time.  Just spent a week on the coach with soup and tea.

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #2398 on: November 06, 2023, 03:30:52 PM »

I just tried that ... no dice.  I wonder if it hasn't expanded to Australia yet, or if there are certain digital laws you guys have that prevent YT from being able to activate this.

https://techcrunch.com/2023/11/01/youtube-is-now-cracking-down-on-ad-blockers-globally/
Here's a pretty in depth explanation of what's going on with Google and adblockers.

https://www.wired.com/story/youtubes-ad-blocker-crackdown-spurs-record-uninstalls/

Part of it is that they're keeping it rather low key for the time being. It almost seems like random chance if thye come down on you. For that reason the people who make adblockers are having a hard go of it because they rarely get blocked to investigate it.  :lol

I've seen no such popup, myself. I use as old a version of Firefox as I can and I don't let plugins update themselves. That might keep me behind the fray for a while (until my bank forces me to upgrade).

And if it does become too problematic I'll just look for a different avenue of entertainment. I'm not paying $14/mo for Youtube under any circumstances. Monetization has already made even the free version fairly unattractive to me. The ads which I see on my phone are way too obtrusive. At least TV shows account for where breaks should go. YT videos just randomly stop to tell me about shit I don't want. For my part YT will be the odd man out when they get to me.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2399 on: November 06, 2023, 04:18:01 PM »
At least TV shows account for where breaks should go. YT videos just randomly stop to tell me about shit I don't want.

I actually think it's generated using some sort of algorithm to detect when people are most interested, and boom ad.  It likely shows up as "random" on a lot of videos, but I noticed on some of my own videos, the ads pop up at the moment you want to watch the most. 

Either way, I've been watching youtube with ads for so long that it mostly doesn't bother me besides when they are too often in a video.  A 10 minute video doesn't need multiple ads, just one.

Offline Bolsters

• Lost Boy
  • DTF.org Member
  • What a hell of a day to embrace disorder
« Reply #2400 on: November 06, 2023, 06:04:29 PM »

No, those are the same things I was getting. Although, it could be that Google doesn't roll out new versions of their workaround globally at the same time.

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #2401 on: November 06, 2023, 09:14:16 PM »

I actually think it's generated using some sort of algorithm to detect when people are most interested, and boom ad.
I'll definitely be looking out for this.I haven't noticed it before, but if it's there I sure will now.
E.F. Benson

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2402 on: November 07, 2023, 08:08:05 AM »

I actually think it's generated using some sort of algorithm to detect when people are most interested, and boom ad.
I'll definitely be looking out for this.I haven't noticed it before, but if it's there I sure will now.

I *think* for a lot of videos, that point is not so clear and the algorithm does what it does so it doesn't seem that way, but I've had so many instances where it's perfect timing for an ad to piss the hell out of me that I have to believe it's intentional, and it's certainly not manual.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2403 on: November 08, 2023, 05:44:41 AM »

Here's a pretty in depth explanation of what's going on with Google and adblockers.

https://www.wired.com/story/youtubes-ad-blocker-crackdown-spurs-record-uninstalls/

Part of it is that they're keeping it rather low key for the time being. It almost seems like random chance if thye come down on you. For that reason the people who make adblockers are having a hard go of it because they rarely get blocked to investigate it.  :lol

I've seen no such popup, myself. I use as old a version of Firefox as I can and I don't let plugins update themselves. That might keep me behind the fray for a while (until my bank forces me to upgrade).

And if it does become too problematic I'll just look for a different avenue of entertainment. I'm not paying $14/mo for Youtube under any circumstances. Monetization has already made even the free version fairly unattractive to me. The ads which I see on my phone are way too obtrusive. At least TV shows account for where breaks should go. YT videos just randomly stop to tell me about shit I don't want. For my part YT will be the odd man out when they get to me.

Proof that it's completely random, YT is NOT blocking videos in FF.  Nothing different - I haven't restarted, or closed my browser, or cleared cache, or updated extensions... nothin.  Just hit refresh, and now I can watch.

Fuck Google.

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #2404 on: November 08, 2023, 08:28:13 AM »

Proof that it's completely random, YT is NOT blocking videos in FF.  Nothing different - I haven't restarted, or closed my browser, or cleared cache, or updated extensions... nothin.  Just hit refresh, and now I can watch.

Fuck Google.
If it is simply a random thing, you can expect that hit rate to increase incrementally over time.
E.F. Benson

Offline chknptpie

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #2405 on: November 08, 2023, 08:54:18 AM »
Having to repeat the simplest solution to someone multiple times over the past 3 months is grating on me today. If you would literally do what I've told you, your issues would go away.

Also, when the solution for another problem is "just scroll down"... like I can't today. I CAN NOT

People's incompetence and the inability to even try is driving me insane.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2406 on: November 08, 2023, 09:17:14 AM »
Having to repeat the simplest solution to someone multiple times over the past 3 months is grating on me today. If you would literally do what I've told you, your issues would go away.

Yeah, maybe write it down so I don't have to explain it to you again?  I hear you on that, happens so often at work.

My coworker and I often joke about how clueless people seem to be on the road.  Yesterday we went to Target to grab some water for our office we share and on the way walking out, a guy pushing a cart with his wife and child behind him, who were blocking the doorway out finally moved after we tried to pass them. Then the guy literally walks into the wrong door and just stops, for which we then once again try to move around the idiot and are then stopped again by him cutting in front of us.  After we got to my car, we both looked at each other and were like "that is the person we rip on during our commutes" Amazes me how some people roam this earth completely clueless.

Offline chknptpie

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #2407 on: November 08, 2023, 09:36:28 AM »
Adding on top of it my boss's boss is like "spoon feed people". Is this literally where we are now? We no longer expect people to do anything on their own? We literally have to spoon feed them shit they can find on their own???!??

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2408 on: November 08, 2023, 10:16:29 AM »

Why do I suddenly feel like my wife has a DTF account? :lol
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #2409 on: November 08, 2023, 10:38:56 AM »
Honestly, sounds like something my wife would also say lol
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline Jamesman42

• There you'll find me
  • DT.net Member
  • Spiral OUT
« Reply #2410 on: November 08, 2023, 08:11:10 PM »
You guys listen to your wives? My wife will say "you're not even listening to me" and I just think that that's a weird way to start a conversation.

Offline chknptpie

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #2411 on: November 09, 2023, 05:38:55 AM »
I gotta be honest guys, this says a lot about you and nothing good.... so take that how you will I guess.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2412 on: November 09, 2023, 06:58:47 AM »
 :rollin

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #2413 on: November 09, 2023, 08:03:23 AM »
....discovering that the components missing on the CT system that delivered to be installed are in fact not stocked in the US....but in Germany where the system was built.  >:(  Nice little 10-14 day lead time with the chance that customs can just hold it at the border for as long as they see fit.
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #2414 on: November 09, 2023, 10:29:55 AM »
I am experiencing what is known as a COVID rebound.  I went through my cycle of Paxlovid, and was feeling pretty good, and then took a nosedive.

This fucking shit is for the birds.