Author Topic: What pissed you off today?  (Read 132102 times)

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
Re: What pissed you off today?
« Reply #2345 on: October 26, 2023, 04:08:53 PM »
Crazy how a franchise runs differently in different regions.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline JustJen

• DT.net Veteran
  • May 24, 2004
« Reply #2346 on: October 26, 2023, 04:35:25 PM »
What's pissing me off today is the fact that I've managed to bypass YouTube's adblocker nonsense up til today. Now suddenly it was like "You can watch three more videos and then you're banned unless you whitelist us" and then I watched three more videos and they now are making it hard to bypass. For now I've switched from Chrome to Edge. Thus far my adblocker is working fine on there without any popups or warnings on my same YT account but I'm sure it's just a matter of time.
Phone or PC? I've never had any problem blocking ads on PC, but I've never been able to dodge them from my phone.

PC. I've been seeing people say that it's been rolling out a little at a time, some people already got to this point last week while I've only gotten here now. First it was popups just saying I needed to whitelist them but I could X out of the popup and go back to my videos with no issue. Finally it got to where im' blocked from any videos until I disable the adblocker, but only in chrome. 
  ~ a.k.a. VFS in a past life :vfs:

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2347 on: October 27, 2023, 07:03:13 AM »
What's pissing me off today is the fact that I've managed to bypass YouTube's adblocker nonsense up til today. Now suddenly it was like "You can watch three more videos and then you're banned unless you whitelist us" and then I watched three more videos and they now are making it hard to bypass. For now I've switched from Chrome to Edge. Thus far my adblocker is working fine on there without any popups or warnings on my same YT account but I'm sure it's just a matter of time.

This crackdown on ad blockers on YouTube has been in the works for a while. ublock and YouTube have been going to war :lol. Try using Firefox, it's not a chromium based browser (Edge is) and you might have better luck blocking the ads.

What I did was disable ublock and then reinstalled the extension and have been blocks ads since. I'm sure it's a matter of time before I have to do some fuckary.

Funny enough I probably watch YouTube more than any other streaming service and if they had a $5 monthly fee to disable ads but I'm not paying $15. I don't want any of the additional services YouTube offers.

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #2348 on: October 27, 2023, 07:14:15 AM »
Yeah, I'm seeing YT getting one step ahead of the blockers.  I used to get a popup from YT that I should disable it, but could close that after 5 seconds.  Yesterday however, the warning was actually embedded into the video frame, and I couldn't watch it at all unless I turned off ad-blocker.

I've got the DuckDuckGo browser installed, so I went over to that one - and may have to permanently to watch videos now.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #2349 on: October 27, 2023, 08:14:23 AM »
Yeah, I'm seeing YT getting one step ahead of the blockers.  I used to get a popup from YT that I should disable it, but could close that after 5 seconds.  Yesterday however, the warning was actually embedded into the video frame, and I couldn't watch it at all unless I turned off ad-blocker.

I've got the DuckDuckGo browser installed, so I went over to that one - and may have to permanently to watch videos now.
On Chrome? I'm guessing that's the key. As much as I despise Mozila, I still prefer Firefox and YT has never been an issue. Between Ublock and Adblock+ i get a perfectly ad free existence with only one or two exceptions.

I actually have a very different problem with YT. Google is trying desperately to Musk Youtube. The rules for monetization are increasingly ridiculous, so you see people tripping over themselves trying to not say something that'll earn them a strike. The mere utterance of a word regardless of context will now do that, and the bots that search them out don't understand discretion. They just don't want anything that might offend anybody anywhere. It's like Roddenberry's TNG now.

Moreover, probably 2/3 of the videos that pop up now are simply clickbait garbage. The only good thing about them is that the preview pics are almost always so ridiculous they're easy enough to avoid. I spend more time watching YT than anything else, and over the last few months it's really started to suck quite a bit. If they'd simply add a means of plonking channels it'd be fine, but of course they can't do that. They can prevent channels I like from showing up in my feed, but I can't stop channels I hate from showing up everywhere. Fuck yeah, capitalism!!!
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2350 on: October 27, 2023, 08:37:23 AM »

On Chrome? I'm guessing that's the key. As much as I despise Mozila, I still prefer Firefox and YT has never been an issue. Between
Ublock and Adblock+ i get a perfectly ad free existence with only one or two exceptions.

Yes... on Chrome.
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline JustJen

• DT.net Veteran
  • May 24, 2004
« Reply #2351 on: October 27, 2023, 02:17:09 PM »

This crackdown on ad blockers on YouTube has been in the works for a while. ublock and YouTube have been going to war :lol. Try using Firefox, it's not a chromium based browser (Edge is) and you might have better luck blocking the ads.

What I did was disable ublock and then reinstalled the extension and have been blocks ads since. I'm sure it's a matter of time before I have to do some fuckary.

Funny enough I probably watch YouTube more than any other streaming service and if they had a $5 monthly fee to disable ads but I'm not paying $15. I don't want any of the additional services YouTube offers.

So I just installed UBlock Origin and went to youtube in chrome and had the YT ban/block at first, then turned off adblocker but turned the popup blocker on via UBlock (even though it wasn't showing up as a typical popup anymore at this point, but rather was part of the video itself) and refreshed the page and they're playing fine again. Lets see how long this lasts.
  ~ a.k.a. VFS in a past life :vfs:

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #2352 on: October 27, 2023, 02:48:37 PM »

So I just installed UBlock Origin and went to youtube in chrome and had the YT ban/block at first, then turned off adblocker but turned the popup blocker on via UBlock (even though it wasn't showing up as a typical popup anymore at this point, but rather was part of the video itself) and refreshed the page and they're playing fine again. Lets see how long this lasts.
Are you the sort of person that lets things on your PC update whenever they damn well feel like? I suspect that it'll work up until the point that Chrome updates and bricks nerfs Origin.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2353 on: October 27, 2023, 08:05:05 PM »
I've got a fair amount of experience with Walgreens, and while they might stop filling prescriptions for lunch, there will always be somebody on hand to fork it over and take your money once it's processed.

I use the pharmacy at my Fred Meyer, and they close the gates for their half hour lunch period. There is no dropping off, picking up, nothing for that half hour.
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #2354 on: October 27, 2023, 09:13:35 PM »
I've got a fair amount of experience with Walgreens, and while they might stop filling prescriptions for lunch, there will always be somebody on hand to fork it over and take your money once it's processed.

I use the pharmacy at my Fred Meyer, and they close the gates for their half hour lunch period. There is no dropping off, picking up, nothing for that half hour.
Wow. I've honestly never seen that before. The most annoyed I've been about that sort of thing is finding out that the Tom Thumb pharmacy closes at 5 on Sundays rather than 6.

In fairness, for the last ten years the Walgreens 2 blocks up the street has FedExed my meds to me, but I've still had to go into pharmacies midday enough for various reasons and always found them manned an quite busy.
E.F. Benson

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2355 on: October 27, 2023, 09:23:23 PM »
I'm spoiled.  I order my meds, and my wife picks it up since she is a certified pharmacy tech ay my pharmacy. She brings all my meds home.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2356 on: October 27, 2023, 09:24:48 PM »

They do the same here too at a lot of pharmacies.

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #2357 on: October 27, 2023, 10:04:33 PM »
I never knew anything about that closing for lunch thing until I saw it at my local Wal-Mart. We had to use them when our dog had diabetes and we got his insulin there. I found it so weird. Osco has never done that, ever. Never seen one that closes for lunch.
beul ni teh efac = Lube In The Face / That has to be wrong.  :lol / EDIT: Oh, it's Blue! I'm an idiot.
Pardon the interruption, but I just had to run in and celebrate the majesty of Lube in the Face as highest moment in roulette history

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2358 on: October 28, 2023, 12:06:59 PM »
I never knew anything about that closing for lunch thing until I saw it at my local Wal-Mart. We had to use them when our dog had diabetes and we got his insulin there. I found it so weird. Osco has never done that, ever. Never seen one that closes for lunch.

We have an OSCO in our store, and they absolutely close for lunch.

Most pharmacists unfortunately use this time to catch up on their scripts.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #2359 on: October 28, 2023, 12:28:13 PM »
I am always amazed at how pharmacists are able to decipher what doctors write.  Every time I get a script from a doctor (which is not often, fortunately), it looks 10 tens worse than your average chicken scratch.  I know they sometimes have to call the doctor's office to confirm what it is, but what if you go to fill the prescription on the weekend when no one at your doctor's is in the office and they cannot read the script?

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2360 on: October 28, 2023, 05:54:18 PM »
My doctors migrated to digital scripts many many years ago. Who the hell still uses pen and paper?

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2361 on: October 29, 2023, 07:28:19 AM »
My doctors migrated to digital scripts many many years ago. Who the hell still uses pen and paper?

Yea a lot of places do digital now.

Kev when I worked at walgreens our pharamacist had to call more times than not :lol

Offline XJDenton

• What a shame
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2362 on: October 29, 2023, 03:23:39 PM »
Given how problematic it could be if a prescription was misread, I'm astonished digital scripts aren't mandatory at this point.
"For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for nature cannot be fooled." - Richard Feynman

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #2363 on: October 30, 2023, 10:56:27 AM »
Given how problematic it could be if a prescription was misread, I'm astonished digital scripts aren't mandatory at this point.
I don't disagree, but in truth I think pharmacists are smarter than that. I'm pretty sure my pharmacists know better what will or will not kill me than most of my doctors.
E.F. Benson

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2364 on: October 30, 2023, 12:34:53 PM »
And pharmacies all call the doctor's office when it's not quite clear. I know this because my wife works at a pharmacy. 

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #2365 on: October 30, 2023, 12:42:05 PM »
And pharmacies all call the doctor's office when it's not quite clear. I know this because my wife works at a pharmacy.

Right, but that goes back to my point of, what if you go to fill the prescription on the weekend when no one at your doctor's is in the office and they cannot read the script?  And what if it is one you need right away and now have to wait a couple days because the doctor scribbled it so illegibly?

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2366 on: October 30, 2023, 12:50:30 PM »
If you need a prescription on the weekend you are probably going to a hospital our an Urgent Care facility where that doctor who prescribed the medication is on call.  Plus, it's in the computer system so that place can look it up for the pharmacy.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #2367 on: October 30, 2023, 12:58:26 PM »
If you need a prescription on the weekend you are probably going to a hospital our an Urgent Care facility where that doctor who prescribed the medication is on call.  Plus, it's in the computer system so that place can look it up for the pharmacy.

Ah, okay. That is good to know!  :tup :tup

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #2368 on: November 01, 2023, 05:23:46 AM »
So, I've finally, after 3 years, won the COVID lottery.

This shit is for the birds.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline XJDenton

• What a shame
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2369 on: November 01, 2023, 06:42:00 AM »

You're thinking of CORVID.

Get well soon mate.
"For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for nature cannot be fooled." - Richard Feynman

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #2370 on: November 01, 2023, 06:43:00 AM »

Hope it passes quickly and that your symptoms are mild.
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2371 on: November 01, 2023, 09:05:08 AM »

Get better soon hef! I had my third go around earlier this year and it wasn't great but wasn't as bad as the flu (thankfully)

Offline TheHoveringSojourn808

• fun committee president, sloth gang initiate, and annie clark lover
  • JLB + MP friendship stan
« Reply #2372 on: November 01, 2023, 02:03:56 PM »
feel better, dad
harusame ni nuretsutsu yane no temari kana
RIP the Great Ape, 2024.02.01
Welcome to the Forums!

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2373 on: November 01, 2023, 02:24:19 PM »
I'm amazed people have made it this far dodging the bullet.  Somehow even with my sick ass around, my gf hasn't caught it.  Get well soon.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #2374 on: November 01, 2023, 02:52:10 PM »
Thanks everyone. So far, it's not too bad. I already feel a little better.

feel better, dad
Hmmmmm...
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline Glasser

« Reply #2375 on: November 01, 2023, 04:29:36 PM »

That blows man! I won the same lottery in September. 3 years nothing, then I get it. Watch for post Covid crap. I haven't felt the same since, and all of a sudden I have vertigo. Could be that I'm just getting old but it sucks man. Feel better!!!

Offline Jamesman42

• There you'll find me
  • DT.net Member
  • Spiral OUT
« Reply #2376 on: November 01, 2023, 06:35:21 PM »
feel better, dad

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #2377 on: November 01, 2023, 06:37:25 PM »
Feel better, dude.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #2378 on: November 01, 2023, 07:54:18 PM »

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #2379 on: November 02, 2023, 07:03:31 AM »
Wow, Paxlovid is a hell of a drug.