Author Topic: Katt's Roulettes & Dragons v. Final Results (finally) - thank you for playing :)  (Read 99974 times)

Offline Nekov

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: Katt's Roulettes & Dragons v. Roulette On Hiatus, Please Hold
« Reply #700 on: December 12, 2018, 06:00:40 AM »

Guess who's back, back again
Katt is back, tell a friend
Guess who's back, guess who's back
Guess who's back
When Ginobili gets hot, I get hot in my pants. 

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #701 on: December 12, 2018, 09:37:04 AM »
Hey, sorry for taking up Katt's roulette thread with this and going on a bit of a tangent.  But since his banning was obviously quite public, and that it was discussed in this thread, I just want to BRIEFLY say something public about it myself.

I won't get into the details, but I'll just say that there was more going on than what appeared on the surface.  And some of that had nothing whatsoever to do with Katt.  The long and short of it is, while I think the reasonable-minded peeps here would acknowledge that it's just not a good thing to do to go after any of the mods publicly and try to push their buttons, some things I posted clearly provoked him.  And I overreacted.  Again, I was dealing with some other things that contributed.  But that's not Katt's problem.  It was mine.  So I want to publicly apologize to him and to you guys for that.  I'm glad he's back.

Carry on.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Online jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #702 on: December 12, 2018, 10:24:15 AM »
Hey, sorry for taking up Katt's roulette thread with this and going on a bit of a tangent.  But since his banning was obviously quite public, and that it was discussed in this thread, I just want to BRIEFLY say something public about it myself.

I won't get into the details, but I'll just say that there was more going on than what appeared on the surface.  And some of that had nothing whatsoever to do with Katt.  The long and short of it is, while I think the reasonable-minded peeps here would acknowledge that it's just not a good thing to do to go after any of the mods publicly and try to push their buttons, some things I posted clearly provoked him.  And I overreacted.  Again, I was dealing with some other things that contributed.  But that's not Katt's problem.  It was mine.  So I want to publicly apologize to him and to you guys for that.  I'm glad he's back.

Carry on.

It takes a big man to say and post this publicly.  It would've been easy just to sweep it under the rug and move on.  Kudo's to you Bosky.  I too want to publicly offer my apology to you - it wasn't necessary for me to call you out publicly the way I did last page.  I too had extenuating circumstances contributing to why I posted the way I did.  No disrespect or ill intent was meant.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Nekov

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #703 on: December 12, 2018, 10:36:20 AM »
It takes a big man to say and post this publicly.  It would've been easy just to sweep it under the rug and move on.  Kudo's to you Bosky. 

Exactly this. Since you are the leader in this place it is great to see you being humble like this, it makes this forum a better place. You got my vote for the next election  :tup
When Ginobili gets hot, I get hot in my pants. 

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #704 on: December 12, 2018, 11:58:28 AM »
Agreed on the kind words for Bosk.

As for the roulette...

Offline Indiscipline

• Ponce
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Apply IMO --->
« Reply #705 on: December 12, 2018, 12:33:06 PM »

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • PSA: Stairway to Heaven is in 4/4
« Reply #706 on: December 12, 2018, 03:49:48 PM »
Thanks again, bosk, for being understanding and letting me back in. Feels like family here and it's good to be back. No hard feelings, it is what it is, I think we both will try to understand the other a bit better from now on and be more mindful of each others' personalities and how to express our disagreements with one another.

As for the rest of you, pay attention to round 3 if you did well because ya'll killed it, that was such a damn fine batch of songs I wonder if it can possibly be topped for the rest of the game.
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.
"I don't worry about nothing, no, 'cause worrying's a waste of my time"

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #707 on: December 12, 2018, 03:57:36 PM »
Evermind stole a 9.5 from me.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #708 on: December 12, 2018, 04:00:47 PM »
Stole eh.  I think your trigger was just slow old man.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #709 on: December 12, 2018, 04:04:48 PM »
I think your trigger was just slow old man.

That happened to a friend of mine too.  But after a prostate exam, they were able to come up with a good plan to mitigate the effects.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #710 on: December 12, 2018, 04:06:44 PM »
Bosk1, if you only knew the adds on sports talk radio in Boston for men's health. I kid you not.  Right Tim? :lol
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #711 on: December 12, 2018, 04:09:14 PM »
What? I'm on the phone with...…..oh nevermind.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #712 on: December 12, 2018, 04:11:39 PM »
Believe me, it isn't limited to Boston.  And it seems like they get more graphic as time goes on.  As it is, they are practically, "Hey, you need an exam?  Forget those other guys.  You don't want Dr. Jack Hammerfist, M.D. examining your intestines from the bottom up.  I got small hands.  Come see me, and we'll hook you up with pills to get you stiff as a board so you can start pleasing your lady again.  Come in today, or else she's liable to start getting it from the pool boy!"

[although the above sounds a lot funnier to me if I read it in a Boston or Long Island accent]

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #713 on: December 12, 2018, 04:17:14 PM »
As a survivor of prostate cancer, almost solely because it was caught early, I can't stress how important men's health exams are. Make sure your annual physical includes a full blood workup... and if your insurance won't pay for it, pay for it yourself.

All that being said, ED and low T commercials are a plague on certain radio and TV stations. :getoffmylawn:
"Owners of dogs will have noticed that, if you provide them with food and water and shelter and affection, they will think you are God. Whereas owners of cats are compelled to realize that, if you provide them with food and water and affection, they draw the conclusion that they are God.” — Christopher Hitchens

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #714 on: December 12, 2018, 04:24:19 PM »
No this is for erectile dysfunction.   It was always a dude talking now the new commercial is 2 wives talking about their sex lives and how this place was a godsend.

Sports talk radio us all about the 3rd leg.

Online King Puppies and the Acid Guppies

• I find your lack of filtered water disturbing
  • DTF.org Member
  • Together we can rule the ocean as father and son
« Reply #715 on: December 12, 2018, 04:28:09 PM »
Kat, get this roulette back on track! The fogeys keep talking about their penises.  :\  :loser:
aka Puppies_On_Acid
Hey Stadler, your PM inbox is full.
Derek Sherinian probably stands 10 feet away from the urinal, shoots from downtown, and announces loudly that he's making history.
Quote from: TAC, definitely not King
Thes sng is are sounds rally nece an I lyke tha sungar

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #716 on: December 12, 2018, 04:28:38 PM »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #717 on: December 12, 2018, 06:01:14 PM »

Carry on.

I'm glad you posted this bosk, as Chad said it takes a real man with big balls to write this.  We don't know the ins and outs and this is wonderful to read.  I think we all can just move on, and if anything positive is to come out of this, it showed how close we all are here and try and back and look out for one another, this statement from you is the icing on the cake and I'm sure we all have even more respect for you and everyone else on here.  Good stuff, and gives me that warm fuzzy feeling inside.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #718 on: December 12, 2018, 06:07:41 PM »
Sorry Wolf.  That from me goosing you virtually.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #719 on: December 12, 2018, 06:09:13 PM »

WTF is all this with the goosing and the ED references? Is the Queen not home??

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #720 on: December 12, 2018, 06:10:29 PM »

I can confidently say I have no fucking idea what this sentence means.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #721 on: December 12, 2018, 06:13:18 PM »

Probably best to just leave it at that! :lol

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #722 on: December 12, 2018, 06:15:28 PM »

Probably best to just leave it at that! :lol
Funny thing is my wife had no idea what goosing meant before she met me. Needless to say, she found out real quick  :biggrin:
aka Puppies_On_Acid
Derek Sherinian probably stands 10 feet away from the urinal, shoots from downtown, and announces loudly that he's making history.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #723 on: December 12, 2018, 06:16:30 PM »
Goosing is pinching your ass when you are walking in front of me.  Tim, man up and say it.   Lol

Puppies. Giggity.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #724 on: December 12, 2018, 06:22:09 PM »
Goosing is pinching your ass when you are walking in front of me.  Tim, man up and say it.   Lol

Puppies. Giggity.

Huh.  I have never heard that time ever in my life.  No one I know has ever said it, it's definitely not an common Aussie saying.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #725 on: December 12, 2018, 06:41:39 PM »

What do I have to man up about? Goosing someone is pinching someone's ass. I did go to Junior High you know.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #726 on: December 12, 2018, 06:41:56 PM »
Ha! Never knew that. Very cool. 

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #727 on: December 12, 2018, 06:47:17 PM »
No this is for erectile dysfunction.   It was always a dude talking now the new commercial is 2 wives talking about their sex lives and how this place was a godsend.

Sports talk radio us all about the 3rd leg.

I like the ones that are all "So - for a friend - what's this all about?  For a friend...".   

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #728 on: December 12, 2018, 07:52:30 PM »
Kat, get this roulette back on track! The fogeys keep talking about their penises.  :\  :loser:

Don't you have results to finish posting?

I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #729 on: December 12, 2018, 07:59:17 PM »
Indeed. They are being worked on. Slowly.....Yours the slowest  :)
aka Puppies_On_Acid

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #730 on: December 12, 2018, 08:00:11 PM »

*Backhands Chad*

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #731 on: December 12, 2018, 08:26:17 PM »

Would it help if I start discussing the apparent softwood epidemic in the Northeast in your thread?

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #732 on: December 12, 2018, 08:37:29 PM »
I'm going to send you the commercial Chad. Lol

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #733 on: December 12, 2018, 08:48:34 PM »

Would it help if I start discussing the apparent softwood epidemic in the Northeast in your thread?
If you feel the need to discuss it in 2 threads, by all means, go right ahead  :corn
aka Puppies_On_Acid

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • PSA: Stairway to Heaven is in 4/4
« Reply #734 on: December 12, 2018, 09:38:10 PM »
I'm overdue for my 9+, Puppies. Chop chop.
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.
"I don't worry about nothing, no, 'cause worrying's a waste of my time"