Author Topic: Lethean's Laid Back Roulette (Final round results!!!)  (Read 63530 times)

Offline Lethean

Re: Lethean's Laid Back Roulette (Final round results!!!)
« Reply #1435 on: September 06, 2018, 05:09:57 PM »
Elite, Oceans of Slumber played A Path to Broken Stars at ProgPower.  It sounded fantastic. :)

Offline Lethean

« Reply #1436 on: January 14, 2019, 11:58:39 AM »
Hey Parama - you ready to send me a non-roulette album that you want me to listen to? :)

(Better late than never eh?)

And Elite - pick one album with a song from the roulette that you most want me to listen to, besides Semistereo, because I already have that one now. :)

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
  • tdjghjjkhliòujoàupougjyufkuyrkuyt
« Reply #1437 on: January 14, 2019, 12:32:13 PM »
Oh yeah I totally forgot lol
I'll try to think of something later tonight & then forget again

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
« Reply #1438 on: January 14, 2019, 12:41:28 PM »
Oh yeah I totally forgot lol

Me too, haha!

I must have had some small trauma, becaude that one misstep in round 2 made me
Lose the roulette :p I’m glad you liked the Semistereo enough to actually get it! As for the other, you really should listen to an Agent Fresco record. You can’t go wrong with either of them, but their second album, Destrier, contains See Hell.

Oh, and since you seem to enjoy Katatonia, the Foscor album is a safe bet as well.
Hey dude slow the fuck down so we can finish together at the same time.  :biggrin:
Squ
scRa are the resultaten of sound nog bring propey

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #1439 on: January 14, 2019, 01:19:49 PM »
Actually I'm lazy go listen to my 2018 AOTY
Poly-math - House of Wisdom | We Are the Devil

It's real good instrumental prog. 4.5/10

I would suggest Wilderun but, growls

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
« Reply #1440 on: January 14, 2019, 01:31:00 PM »
Wilderun - Sleep at the Edge of the Earth is a must listen though.
Hey dude slow the fuck down so we can finish together at the same time.  :biggrin:
Squ
scRa are the resultaten of sound nog bring propey

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #1441 on: January 14, 2019, 01:34:34 PM »
It absolutely is
Indiscipline even said ash memory was a masterpiece except he hated the growls  :P

Offline Lethean

« Reply #1442 on: February 24, 2019, 11:20:45 AM »
Here are some updates before I start listening to the new DT.  Just thoughts, rather than a serious attempt at a review because that's not my strong point. :P 

Thy Catafalque - Sgurr
Much like the song I received in the roulette, this album is just really cool.  :metal  It's all over the place, but in a good way; it doesn't feel incoherent.  Maybe some of the spoken word parts could be a little shorter, but that's a minor thing.  Otherwise, it keeps me guessing and it's unpredictable, but while sometimes that could be a miss, it just seems to work for me.

Thank You Scientist - Maps of Non-Existent Places
I like this a lot better than I thought I was going to.  I enjoyed My Famed Disappearing Act, but didn't *love* it and wasn't completely sold on the singer.  I'm still not, but I don't dislike him either - sometimes I really enjoy him and other times not.  But the album is very good and I like the additional instruments too.  I feel like they could be good live and I see that they'll be touring, so I'll probably try to check them out.

Agent Fresco - Destrier
This album has been a grower.  At first I felt it was a bit of a letdown because none of it seemed to be as awesome as See Hell.  But as I listened to it more, I began to latch on to different parts in different songs and now I really enjoy the whole thing and find myself wanting to play it.  It's the album I've listened to most so far.  Looking forward to hearing more from them.

Semistereo - Trans Earth Injection
As I'm writing this I realize that I need to listen to this album in a more focused way.  I've listened to it a few times and liked it - I never wanted it to hurry up and end - but I was always doing something else and not paying close attention, so I don't remember individual songs except of course for The Search, which is awesome. 

Rishloo - Living as Ghosts with Buildings as Teeth
I'm kind of struggling with this one.  The last part of Landmines is just sooooo good but so far I haven't really connected with the rest of the album.  I haven't played it as much so I'll give it some more time after I've been away from it, and we'll see if it might grow on me.

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1443 on: February 24, 2019, 11:27:27 AM »
The last part of Landmines is just sooooo good but so far I haven't really connected with the rest of the album.

Yeah man, no shit.
This first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.