Author Topic: Sooo, there is a guy doxxing DTF users on his blog...  (Read 18153 times)

Offline Accelerando

• Disciple of Mark Tremonti
Re: Sooo, there is a guy doxxing DTF users on his blog...
« Reply #210 on: July 25, 2016, 02:11:56 AM »
Wow. I am late to the party.

This is an example that this country really needs to do something about our mental health care system. I feel sorry for this individual. Captain Caboose clearly has no life and no friends. Like a super villain in the making.

Offline ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #211 on: July 25, 2016, 02:17:14 AM »
Oh come on, look at the latest series of posts. There's no way this guy can actually be serious.

I feel like the guy is serious to an extent, only because I honestly can't imagine anyone putting THAT much effort into a joke.

But I'm more surprised people here are taking it so seriously. How is this anything more than a source of entertainment?
Well, not necessarily a joke as such, but a knowingly-over-the-top series of posts to grab attention. I struggle to believe that he could actually think some of the things he's saying make sense.

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Offline BlackInk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #212 on: July 25, 2016, 02:37:38 AM »
Oh he's definetely being purposefully over-the-top for attention, but I do feel that the original grudge is real and that it all comes from genuinly being angry at this place.

Offline Kwyjibo

• Worse troll than Blabbermouth
« Reply #213 on: July 25, 2016, 02:56:48 AM »
This reminds me of a person that for years trolled german forums and message boards, mainly music and guitar forums. He claimed to have the idea for a super new guitar amp but when asked about details he always came up short. But the real problem was that he spammed every forum, insulted everyone and when finally banned, tried to make new accounts to start an argument with the moderators because he thought he was right and everyone else was wrong. He finally opened his own forum where he posted his accusations in combination with the real names of some of his "enemies". He was completely delusional and obviously not able to give it a rational thought. For some time it was very funny.

I don't think the sole purpose of that blog is it being a joke, he is too insulting in some cases although he tries to be witty in other posts. He bears a definite grudge against bosk and hef and others here and he clearly believes that they did him wrong. Seems like a very disturbed mind to go to such length because he wasn't treated as he expected.

The irony here is that the very forum and the very users that he rants about are now giving his blog an unexpected publicity. I think until rumborak discovered it, the daily visitor post was one and it would have stayed that way.

Anyway, I'm too unimportant to be metioned there, problably should kiss some mod asses first.
Must've been Kwyji sending all the wrong songs.   ;D

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #214 on: July 25, 2016, 08:07:04 AM »
hell, once upon a time, I sent bosk a PM to complain about bosk.  Even so, he and the other mods have always treated me with respect. 
True story.  :lol

I feel like the key rule here is basically just to not be an asshole.
Well, yeah.  This is the key.  And it should be so obvious that it doesn't need to be said. 
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline Cable

« Reply #215 on: July 25, 2016, 08:07:29 AM »
Wow. I am late to the party.

This is an example that this country really needs to do something about our mental health care system. I feel sorry for this individual. Captain Caboose clearly has no life and no friends. Like a super villain in the making.

One thing I will say....the guy is delusional.    That's not an opinion. 

To go through the level of obsession that it takes to do something like this.....and then accuse others of obsession?   

Bingo. The problem about delusions, and full blown Delusional Disorder is there is not much to do to help them. Medication doesn't really target it, and to them they feel they are right and everyone else is wrong. I had one person fully believe their back was busted (and didn't move,) yet there was nothing wrong with them. So apply that to this individual with perceived treatment here. I may not be fully on, so our other two Mental Health members that I know of, Adami and Bout To Crash, might have an additional perspective.

As far as I can tell, his central complaint about DTF seems to be that the mods are unfair or biased.

I feel like the key rule here is basically just to not be an asshole.

My experience with the mods, which has basically been none, has been exemplary. So I just have really seen what they said to others. The fact that Bosk is a lawyer aids him IMO dealing with all of the stuff fairly. I have been upset at other members here and there, but step away and take the perspective in, and I'm cool.

---

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #216 on: July 25, 2016, 08:18:01 AM »
hell, once upon a time, I sent bosk a PM to complain about bosk.
Yeah, I did that too, once. He told me to fuck off, though.  :lol
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline Hyperplex

• Evelator
  • EZBoard Elder
  • So often fragile power turns to scorn and ridicule
« Reply #217 on: July 25, 2016, 08:22:28 AM »
I can't even remember having an issue with mods, ever, on any iteration of this community. I think the only time anything I posted was flagged was way back on the vBulletin board, there was a humorous thread going on and I think I posted a Photoshop with some exposed titties in it, and salty snipped it. All I got was a "this was funny but against the rules" and that was it. Plus I used to be friends with Itchy, so...Yeah I have had zero issues or complaints with anything board-related over the years I've been here.
"My melancholy wants to rest in the hiding places and abysses of perfection. This is why I need music." –Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline Kwyjibo

• Worse troll than Blabbermouth
« Reply #218 on: July 25, 2016, 08:46:36 AM »
Well bosk made fun of Steven Wilson several times and he and Hef don't seem to like Aerosmith that much so this could be a problem in the future, I probably should start my own blog right now, just in case.  :angel:
Must've been Kwyji sending all the wrong songs.   ;D

Offline ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #219 on: July 25, 2016, 08:49:18 AM »
Well bosk made fun of Steven Wilson several times and he and Hef don't seem to like Aerosmith that much so this could be a problem in the future, I probably should start my own blog right now, just in case.  :angel:
Yeah, but, like, bosk's taste is terrible. We should all be used to that by now.

I be am boner inducing.

Offline XJDenton

• What a shame
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #220 on: July 25, 2016, 09:45:23 AM »
The only mod I have issue with is that XJ fella. Self inflated jackass.
"For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for nature cannot be fooled." - Richard Feynman

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #221 on: July 25, 2016, 10:06:09 AM »
My only issue with Bosk were the things he had me do to get backstage at the DT show. Still seeing a therapist but it was worth it.

Offline Scorpion

• Unreal Heir
  • DTF.org Member
  • Ragnarök around the Clöck!
« Reply #222 on: July 25, 2016, 10:11:37 AM »

See, these are exactly the kind of disrespectful posts that we don't need here in this community. Reported.
scorpion is my favorite deathcore lobster
Hey, the length is fine :azn: Thanks!

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #223 on: July 25, 2016, 10:46:25 AM »
 :lol

Offline Implode

• Lord of the Squids
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #224 on: July 25, 2016, 11:13:23 AM »

See, these are exactly the kind of disrespectful posts that we don't need here in this community. Reported.

Ugh. I'm going to post about this on my blogspot.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #225 on: July 25, 2016, 12:05:07 PM »

lol
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline TempusVox

• Descendant of Primus
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #226 on: July 25, 2016, 10:10:52 PM »

Also, Calvin, I am sorry that I haven't responded to your report. I haven't been active here for the last couple of weeks due to my family relocating to a new city. Nick has similar big life changes happening, bosk1 has been involved in a big trial, and ariich just got married. It has just been a perfect storm.

Ahem...and Temp has been traveling...not that anyone noticed or anything. ::)
You don't HAVE a soul.You ARE a soul.You HAVE a body.
"I came here to drink milk and kick ass; and I just finished my milk."

Calvin6s

« Reply #227 on: July 25, 2016, 10:36:09 PM »
:itchy:

Does that qualify as the high road?

Offline Darkstarshades

« Reply #228 on: July 25, 2016, 11:15:14 PM »

You got all the reasons to open your own blog now.
Jatruccyundessgini

Calvin6s

« Reply #229 on: July 25, 2016, 11:27:32 PM »

But that's the difference between me and DTF/DTFdox.

Will DTF remove the itchy emoji or will it mimic DTFdox?  (even though it is DTFdox following the lead of DTF)   :corn

Offline black_biff_stadler

• 6th place finalist at New Orleans Skullet Fest 2010
  • DT.net Member
  • blackwater_floyd, get it?
« Reply #230 on: July 26, 2016, 02:55:22 AM »
You're the Cal Ripken of consecutive posts in which one can find a reason to be upset.
Users who've sigged me (Join today!): LCArenas, Jakartabassplayer, LeeHarveyKennedy, Global Laziness, Portrucci, obscure, FlyingBIZKIT, alirocker08, senecadawg2, DebraKadabra, JayOctavarium, Cedar redaC, (almost) bout to crash, ? (the forum member, not the fucking punctuation mark), Zeltar, lonestar, ASacrificedSon

Offline ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #231 on: July 26, 2016, 03:35:51 AM »

Will DTF remove the itchy emoji or will it mimic DTFdox?  (even though it is DTFdox following the lead of DTF)   :corn
I genuinely can't work out what you're getting at here. Are you comparing the smiley that was jokingly named in reference to Itchy shutting down DT.net to the rantings and ravings of Captain Caboose?

I be am boner inducing.

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
  • In the end we're left infinitely and utterly alone
« Reply #232 on: July 26, 2016, 05:28:38 AM »
I can't believe there are seven pages of complaining about a loser who has nothing better to do with his  time.  :lol

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #233 on: July 26, 2016, 06:04:58 AM »
I can't believe there are seven pages of complaining about a loser who has nothing better to do with his  time.  :lol

I wouldn't call it complaining... more like trying to dissect the mind of someone who's so alone and pathetic.

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #234 on: July 26, 2016, 06:05:43 AM »

Pshhh, your just jelly that he didn't mention you.

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #235 on: July 26, 2016, 06:09:47 AM »

I wouldn't call it complaining... more like trying to dissect the mind of someone who's so alone and pathetic.

Maybe it's not all complaints but I can't help but see the irony of this thread.  ;)

But he did. In the list of people who were working for Nem, he mentioned me.

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #236 on: July 26, 2016, 06:40:24 AM »

That's odd. I just came here to complain about people showing up in this thread to complain about seven pages of complaining about a website complaining about this forum. Boy am I lucky to have found this post!

Thanks Prog, ol' pal.
"Owners of dogs will have noticed that, if you provide them with food and water and shelter and affection, they will think you are God. Whereas owners of cats are compelled to realize that, if you provide them with food and water and affection, they draw the conclusion that they are God.” — Christopher Hitchens

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #237 on: July 26, 2016, 06:42:48 AM »

Did you ever even write anything? :lol

Calvin6s

« Reply #238 on: July 26, 2016, 06:45:17 AM »
You're the Cal Ripken of consecutive posts in which one can find a reason to be upset.

We must have a different definition of upset.  This is upset (putting it mildly).
I will kill you.
Good Cal Ripken reference though, for the Mike Tyson of DTF.  Well, that's not fair to Mike Tyson.  OJ Simpson is famous for killing.  Let's go with that one.

I genuinely can't work out what you're getting at here. Are you comparing the smiley that was jokingly named in reference to Itchy shutting down DT.net to the rantings and ravings of Captain Caboose?

There are quite a few similarities.  The *joke* (the goto excuse here) is absolutely mean spirited.  But more importantly, goes beyond "8 months* but has floated around here for years.

He ran the old forum and still the official website I think. He closed the forum because he couldn't handle the drama. He looked like Yanni from what I remember too. Someone correct me if I'm way off.
Right. We started a small rebellion and eventually brought the forum down to establish our own superior and more fair version.

That post sounds very similar to the sentiment of DTFdoxxer.  Born out of a tantrum and a grudge with constant monitoring and snipes at the work of "Itchy".  The dude that is the model for early band promotion on the somewhat early internet.

BTW, ariich.  Do you approve of the :itchy: emoticon?  Doesn't seem like your M.O.

Offline ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #239 on: July 26, 2016, 06:57:49 AM »

There are quite a few similarities.  The *joke* (the goto excuse here) is absolutely mean spirited.  But more importantly, goes beyond "8 months* but has floated around here for years.

He ran the old forum and still the official website I think. He closed the forum because he couldn't handle the drama. He looked like Yanni from what I remember too. Someone correct me if I'm way off.
Right. We started a small rebellion and eventually brought the forum down to establish our own superior and more fair version.

That post sounds very similar to the sentiment of DTFdoxxer.  Born out of a tantrum and a grudge with constant monitoring and snipes at the work of "Itchy".  The dude that is the model for early band promotion on the somewhat early internet.

BTW, ariich.  Do you approve of the :itchy: emoticon?  Doesn't seem like your M.O.
Again, I'm struggling here. Are you taking MetalJunkie's post as an accurate description? It's possible he saw it that way (he did famously give up on DT.net and got himself banned in spectacular fashion), though I don't think so, but it definitely had nothing to do with that. There was quite a bit of drama on the site and Mike Portnoy felt it reflected badly on the band, so he told Itchy to either fix it or shut it down, so he shut it down. YtseJam's quoted post is a closer description. Nobody brought anything down. The only reason we set up a new forum was that we had no choice, as the official forum no longer existed.

As for emoticons, lots of them have been given amusing codes. Do you think that :neverusethis: is actually never meant to be used, or that :ariich: or :ariich2: are fair representations of me? I think you're reading something into it that isn't there.

I be am boner inducing.

Offline millahh

• Retired Pedantic Bastard
  • Moderator Emeritus
  • RIP Mark
« Reply #240 on: July 26, 2016, 07:02:28 AM »
This is a fair representation of me, though:  :millahhhh
Quote from: parallax
WHEN WILL YOU ADRESS MY MONKEY ARGUMENT???? NEVER???? THAT\' WHAT I FIGURED.:lol

Calvin6s

« Reply #241 on: July 26, 2016, 07:14:33 AM »
I just gave one example.  They are all over the place, especially in the archives.  The Portnoy and Petrucci forum were the most popular after the official (and pre-official stuff like UACM, YTSEJam, IRC).  So there were plenty of places to go that were very popular for a DT fan.  DTF itself is not only a reaction to DTItchy, but 58, so the idea that this place wasn't born out of bickering and fighting doesn't really hold up.

So it is ... ironic seems to be the catch phrase for this thread now ... that the sentient test has failed.

Personally, I hadn't posted here in 3 to 4 months.  And I am only posting in this specific thread because somebody has a *sad* fascination with talking about posters that aren't even here to *get the supposed joke*.  Ironic ...

Calvin6s

« Reply #242 on: July 26, 2016, 07:17:15 AM »
This is a fair representation of me, though:  :millahhhh

There are quite a few decent people here, such as yourself and ariich.

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #243 on: July 26, 2016, 07:29:20 AM »

That's odd. I just came here to complain about people showing up in this thread to complain about seven pages of complaining about a website complaining about this forum. Boy am I lucky to have found this post!

Thanks Prog, ol' pal.

:lol Are you complaining about my complaint of the complaints?

Did you ever even write anything? :lol

Just the review of Subsignal's Paraiso.

Offline Dublagent66

• Devouring consciousness...
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #244 on: July 26, 2016, 08:04:52 AM »

If people here had something better to do, would there be seven pages of posts from people who have nothing better to do?   :lol :rollin :lol
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White