Author Topic: THE WALKING DEAD - SEASON 5  (Read 87296 times)

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
Re: THE WALKING DEAD - SEASON 5
« Reply #1050 on: May 11, 2015, 02:06:53 PM »
It amazes me that a program can show a reanimated corpse literally tearing the insides out of someone as they scream and die in agony, but they are not allowed to say "fuck".

No kidding. Not to get all 'religious' and what not.....but I have the same problem with the GD's that can be dropped all over the place and apparently that's ok?

Anyway....
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline BlackInk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #1051 on: May 12, 2015, 11:09:22 AM »
Yeah, american censoring makes little sense.

Offline vtgrad

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1052 on: May 13, 2015, 12:14:04 PM »
It amazes me that a program can show a reanimated corpse literally tearing the insides out of someone as they scream and die in agony, but they are not allowed to say "fuck".

No kidding. Not to get all 'religious' and what not.....but I have the same problem with the GD's that can be dropped all over the place and apparently that's ok?

Anyway....

I'll second that.  Personally, I cannot think of a more offensive pairing of words.  I'd rather hear anything else.

I'm also astonished by the censoring of the word "hole" in a$$hole (not specific to WD but general TV).  Does that make sense to anyone? 
"Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter; Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man."  Ecclesiastes 12:13

Now with Twitler taking a high end steak of this caliber and insulting the cow that died for it by having it well done just shows zero respect for the product, which falls right in line with the amount of respect he shows for pretty much everything else.- Lonestar

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #1053 on: May 13, 2015, 01:22:25 PM »
I was quite surprised when I heard "god damn" on an episode of House. That phrase was so censored back in the day.

Why again is it so offensive? "Taking the lord's name in vein" being an offense is silly to me. Details?

I was 9 maybe, hanging at a friend's house playing frisbee or something. He chucked the thing at me and it almost hit me in the face. I exclaimed "jesus christ" and almost immediately his mother runs outside, yells at me and sends me home. I don't remember my reaction, but to be in such hysterics for something so trivial is ridiculous.

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #1054 on: May 13, 2015, 02:14:08 PM »
My aunt didn't let her cousins see me for three years because I said "fucking bullshit" in front of them

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1055 on: May 13, 2015, 02:22:07 PM »
I was quite surprised when I heard "god damn" on an episode of House. That phrase was so censored back in the day.

Why again is it so offensive? "Taking the lord's name in vein" being an offense is silly to me. Details?

I was 9 maybe, hanging at a friend's house playing frisbee or something. He chucked the thing at me and it almost hit me in the face. I exclaimed "jesus christ" and almost immediately his mother runs outside, yells at me and sends me home. I don't remember my reaction, but to be in such hysterics for something so trivial is ridiculous.

Yes, it is about taking the Lord's name in vein.  My mother is very religious and very much against that phrase.  I personally don't care because words are just that, words.  But that's me.

Offline BlackInk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #1056 on: May 13, 2015, 03:43:08 PM »
Haha what, 'god damn' is one of the worst ones? I wouldn't have guessed.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
« Reply #1057 on: May 13, 2015, 08:36:08 PM »

Anyway....

I'll second that.  Personally, I cannot think of a more offensive pairing of words.  I'd rather hear anything else.

I'm also astonished by the censoring of the word "hole" in a$$hole (not specific to WD but general TV).  Does that make sense to anyone? 

I noticed that on a different TV show a couple of weeks ago, and was also confused by that.
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1058 on: May 20, 2015, 12:13:15 PM »
Yea I never got why religious people think god damn is bad, it's a recognition of god's existence paired with a recognition of damnation, something bad happens and you go "god damn" which compares the bad thing that happened to a damnation from god, I'd understand it's bad if it was "damn god" instead of "god damn".
When I watched Pulp Fiction as a teenager I never got it when Travolta and Jackson were in the car and Travolta kept saying "god damn it" and Jackson got pissed off at him for saying it.
"Taking the lord's name in vein" explanation is strange, cause to me it means "talking about god carelessly", so shouldn't that make any mention of god on a TV show "in vein"? I mean just shouting "God!" when someone is surprised or shocked or laughing isn't in vein? Just trying to wrap my head around it, not that it matters cause I don't say god damn anyway, I like dagnabbit  :biggrin:
I wouldn't want somebody with 18 kids to mow my damn lawn, based on a longstanding bias I have against crazy fucks.

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #1059 on: May 20, 2015, 12:16:36 PM »
gosh darnit

Offline sneakyblueberry

• put me in coach
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #1060 on: May 20, 2015, 03:46:11 PM »
I mean just shouting "God!" when someone is surprised or shocked or laughing isn't in vein?

Yes it is. 

I prefer Gee-Damn. 

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #1061 on: May 20, 2015, 06:57:27 PM »
Cheese and rice

Offline Big Hath

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #1062 on: May 20, 2015, 07:03:27 PM »
vain.  The word you are looking for is vain.
Winger would be better!

. . . and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

Offline sneakyblueberry

• put me in coach
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #1063 on: May 20, 2015, 10:54:52 PM »
Cheesus Crust

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1064 on: May 21, 2015, 07:48:36 AM »
dagnabbit Zook, I copied from your post and now I'm busted with a misspell hehe
I wouldn't want somebody with 18 kids to mow my damn lawn, based on a longstanding bias I have against crazy fucks.

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #1065 on: May 21, 2015, 08:45:46 AM »
That's how I take the lord's name. In my veins.

Feels good.

Offline Metro

• DTF Resident Sloth
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Random Access Sloth
« Reply #1066 on: June 05, 2015, 12:32:11 PM »

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1067 on: June 05, 2015, 03:32:43 PM »
https://www.thewalkingdead.com/corey-hawkins-joins-twd-cast/

New cast member for the main show.

Im guessing Gabriel is now confirmed to die early on  :lol

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1068 on: June 17, 2015, 12:18:20 PM »

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #1069 on: June 17, 2015, 12:20:56 PM »
#Jelly

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1070 on: June 17, 2015, 12:22:41 PM »
Did people want Daryl and Beth to hook up?
I was going to say how creepy that was, but then I realized she's a lot older than I thought. She looks like a young girl. Daryl could do much better.

Offline Metro

• DTF Resident Sloth
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Random Access Sloth
« Reply #1071 on: July 10, 2015, 07:58:28 AM »
Season 6 trailer comes out today  :metal

Offline Metro

• DTF Resident Sloth
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Random Access Sloth
« Last Edit: July 10, 2015, 03:24:03 PM by Metropolaris »

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1073 on: July 10, 2015, 10:25:54 PM »
I'm really not feeling it from the Fear the Walking Dead trailer yet. I think that will be one that needs to be seen as a whole episode to judge, because it's not at the stage of hoards of walkers to make a cool trailer, and drama doesn't translate well to trailers.
The Walking Dead trailer looked great. Can't wait.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1074 on: July 11, 2015, 09:08:31 AM »
I'm really not feeling it from the Fear the Walking Dead trailer yet. I think that will be one that needs to be seen as a whole episode to judge, because it's not at the stage of hoards of walkers to make a cool trailer, and drama doesn't translate well to trailers.

I actually am more interested now. I don't want just another Walking Dead. I'm interested in seeing the difference in the two,shows. The setting alone is neat and I'm cautiously optimistic for the show.

The Walking Dead trailer looked great. Can't wait.

Yeah...it was prett good. I'm curious as to how many episodes those shots spanned.....two...maybe three? It seemed like they tried to frame it as Morgan vs Rick. I doubt that's the case but it'd be neat if it were. The moral compass of the group has generally placated to Ricks rule and it'd be neat to see a "moral" leader challenge him. They'll lose....but it'd be neat to see.

I loved the "Do you know who you are dealing with?" Scene with Rick.....he's definitely becoming the character he NEEDS to be.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1075 on: July 11, 2015, 09:17:36 AM »

I actually am more interested now. I don't want just another Walking Dead. I'm interested in seeing the difference in the two,shows. The setting alone is neat and I'm cautiously optimistic for the show.

I don't just want another Walking Dead either, and I'm happy to see it fill in the blanks about the start of the epidemic. From this trailer alone though, I had no interest in the characters, or how it's telling the story. I hope and expect that will change once I actually see the show, but I didn't think it was a great trailer. I probably would have felt similarly had I seen a trailer for S1 of TWD though.

Offline Zantera

• Wolfman's brother
  • DTF.org Member
  • Bouncing around the room
« Reply #1076 on: July 11, 2015, 09:32:57 AM »
Flat and boring characters falls right in line with the original show though, so at least the new spin-off doesn't change it up compared to TWD in that regard. The different setting is interesting, and I feel like this could probably be more interesting to watch, than yet another season of TWD where nothing happens and you have 15 episodes of build-up to one action-packed finale.

Offline BlackInk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #1077 on: July 12, 2015, 04:29:53 AM »
Didn't watch the season 6 trailer, but the Fear the Walking Dead (...hahahahaha...) trailer looked alright. I like Cliff Curtis as an actor for some reason. So I'll probably give it a go, but I'm not very excited.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1078 on: July 13, 2015, 06:03:45 AM »
S6 trailer looked good.  I was so close to completely giving up on this show during S5, but the second half really peaked my interest again and now I'm excited to watch again. 

The spinoff looked interesting.  Hard to say more than that, I'm just curious as to what will keep my interest in watching that show?  It looks like a standard zombie apocalypse movie from the trailer, but instead of a 2 hour movie, itll be what 10 hours (probably more than 10 episodes?) and what kind of drama are they going to add that will make it more interesting than dead people are rising and know one knows whats going on?  I will watch it, but I am concerned it won't be interesting.

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #1079 on: July 13, 2015, 06:14:21 AM »
Fear The Walking Dead needs to limit the zombies if they want to remain different from the mother show. There is a lot of potential with that show. I'm not writing it off just yet.

As for the Season 6 trailer. I thought it was okay. If I remember correctly, Gabriel wasn't show a single time. Peace bitch.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1080 on: July 13, 2015, 06:18:06 AM »
If the "only one black guy on the show at a time" rule wasn't enough, the DUI probably was the nail in the coffin.  I didnt even realize he wasn't in the trailer, but I'm guessing he dies early on then.

Offline BlackInk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #1081 on: July 13, 2015, 07:08:51 AM »
I think FtWD only has 6 episodes, just like the main show's first season.

Offline Metro

• DTF Resident Sloth
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Random Access Sloth
« Reply #1082 on: July 13, 2015, 07:17:42 AM »
The first trailer usually only covers on the first 3-4 episodes and isn't representative of the whole season or even the first half. The Season Premiere is confirmed to be 90 minutes long so everything we've seen might just be only the first episode.
To my knowledge, Seth Gilliam(Father Bagel) hasn't been seen filming at all this season. I figure most of his scenes would be behind the Alexandria walls, but he would have to leave sometime and no one has seen him. He is there in the background for the main poster for this season and I think that's all we've seen of him so far.
Does anyone know if he was at the Comic Con panel?

With Heath being a new Character introduced early on this season there is once again an imbalance. Unfortunately Morgan is the most likely choice to be killed off.

Offline ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #1083 on: July 13, 2015, 07:38:04 AM »
I'll be honest, I found myself more interested in the Fear trailer as it's showing something a bit different. The S6 trailer looked pretty good, but it's all just more of the same and the show really doesn't feel like it has any direction.

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #1084 on: July 13, 2015, 07:48:48 AM »
I'll be honest, I found myself more interested in the Fear trailer as it's showing something a bit different. The S6 trailer looked pretty good, but it's all just more of the same and the show really doesn't feel like it has any direction.

I feel this way to a degree as well. The question I find myself asking is that if FTWD is a success, how long does the show go before it's basically TWD? I can't wait to see the first signs of the disease and watch society slowly crumble around it, but once that happens, then what? We'll be at the same exact formula TWD uses now (people die, group moves, group temorarily settles, repeat).