Author Topic: Official Queensryche Thread - NEW ALBUM INFO. p. 30  (Read 50454 times)

Offline Perpetual Change

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: Official Queensryche Thread - NEW ALBUM INFO. p. 30
« Reply #1085 on: May 03, 2013, 12:31:46 PM »
Isn't that Sam's point of view?

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #1086 on: May 03, 2013, 01:28:23 PM »
Who is Sam?
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline The Dark Master

• Veteran of the Psychic Wars
« Reply #1087 on: May 03, 2013, 01:44:08 PM »
In my mind, the real Queensryche doesn't exist anymore.

I can understand and sympathize with that to a certain extent, but here's the thing:  If we define "Queensryche" as the original lineup that made the classic albums, then that band stopped existing back in 1997, after Chris DeGarmo left, with a very brief reunion in 2003 for the Tribe album.  I mean, there were a lot of very crucial factors that made the classic QR sound besides just Geoff Tate's voice, and CDG's writing and playing styles were certainly among them.  So if we are going to define Queensryche as just the original incarnation of that band, then we also have to exclude albums like Q2K, Operation :Mindcrime II, American Solider, and Dedicated To Chaos, since they did not have the original lineup, and therefore were missing key ingredients of the original QR songwriting formula.  But those albums are out there, and they exist as part of the Queensryche discography.  You and I may not like that fact, but that is the reality of the situation.  So long before Todd came into the picture, the QR legacy was already marred by over a decade of half-assed records.

In an ideal world, I think Whip, EdBass, and Scott Rock would have just formed a new band with Todd, bringing along Parker to complete the lineup.  I also think Geoff would have just left and started a solo career waaaaay before this split finally happened.  Remember, he did put out a solo album back in 2002, and at that time he certainly expressed a lack of interest in continuing with Queensryche.  Unfortunately, in the real world, simply establishing a new band can be difficult, so both Geoff and Whip/Ed/Scott would naturally want to use the QR name for their future projects.  The last three albums were basically just Geoff Tate solo albums anyways, with the Queensryche name just slapped on the cover, and the other guys just making token appearances to justify calling them "Queensryche."

In my mind, Geoff has had control over the QR name for long enough, and he and his wife have run it into the ground with their hair-brained schemes.  Considering also Geoff's abusive behavior towards his band-mates, and the fact that, officially anyways, Geoff, Whip, Ed, and Scott are all equal owners in the Queensryche corporation, I feel the other three guys are perfectly within their rights to give Geoff the boot and continue on without him.  They still form the majority of the remaining original lineup, so they should rightly be considered the successors to the Queensryche legacy.  The next album with Todd may not be "Queensryche" in the classic sense, but I feel Whip, Ed and Scott are much more deserving of ownership of the name then Geoff, and I also feel that they will be able to make an album that does more justice to the Queensryche name then Geoff has with his abominable FU album.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2013, 01:56:49 PM by The Dark Master »

Offline Big Hath

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #1088 on: May 03, 2013, 02:11:20 PM »
Who is Sam?

isn't it obvious?

I mean, he even has a sign.
Winger would be better!

. . . and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

Offline Dublagent66

• Devouring consciousness...
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #1089 on: May 03, 2013, 02:37:46 PM »
In my mind, the real Queensryche doesn't exist anymore.

Your mind is defective.

It's just my opinion.  Personal attacks are uncalled for.  You of all people should know that.
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Online abydos

• DT.net
« Reply #1090 on: May 03, 2013, 02:51:54 PM »
"That's what he does! That's ALL he does!"

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #1091 on: May 03, 2013, 03:02:02 PM »
It's Wot We Do.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #1092 on: May 06, 2013, 09:53:45 AM »
Just in case anyone has not FB 'liked' them ...

PRE-ORDERS START TODAY!!!! If you'd like to get your pre-order today, please go to the following links and take your pick!!!

Deluxe + shirt and poster: https://www.cmdistro.com/Item/Queensryche_-_-Queensryche-_-Deluxe_Edition-_CD_+_Shirt_+_Autographed_Poster_-PRE-ORDER-/PKG001538

Standard + deluxe and poster:
https://www.cmdistro.com/Item/Queensryche_-_-Queensryche-_-Standard-_CD_+_Shirt_+_Autographed_Poster_-PRE-ORDER-/PKG001537

Deluxe CD:
https://www.cmdistro.com/Item/Queensryche_-_Queensryche_-Deluxe_Edition-_-PRE-ORDER-/45492

Standard CD:
https://www.cmdistro.com/Item/Queensryche_-_Queensryche_-PRE-ORDER-/45491

DELUXE BOX SET EDITION CD (North America only) and includes the following bonus tracks:

· Queen Of The Reich (live)

· En Force (live)

· Prophecy (live)

Housed in a small box with a patch, sticker, guitar pick and button pack.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Perpetual Change

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1093 on: May 06, 2013, 09:55:29 AM »

Offline Nel

• Humorless Bore
« Reply #1094 on: May 06, 2013, 10:03:18 AM »
I was reading the Facebook comments in the pre-order post, and found this little gem:

You should send us this set for free after making us suffer through "Frequency Unknown". What a trainwreck. I thought Queensryche could do no wrong, love 'em.. but this album makes me want to stab myself in the ears and punch babies.

Some people still don't know, I guess.  :lol
Hire me. I'm talentless but malleable.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1095 on: May 06, 2013, 10:07:15 AM »
I was reading the Facebook comments in the pre-order post, and found this little gem:

You should send us this set for free after making us suffer through "Frequency Unknown". What a trainwreck. I thought Queensryche could do no wrong, love 'em.. but this album makes me want to stab myself in the ears and punch babies.

Some people still don't know, I guess.  :lol

I have to believe that is sarcasm.  I think I remember hearing the same kind of comment on DtC.
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Dark Castle

• DTF.org Member
  • SmegmaPrincessX
« Reply #1096 on: May 06, 2013, 10:08:03 AM »
That's exactly what Tate wanted to happen, what a shithead.

Offline Nel

• Humorless Bore
« Reply #1097 on: May 06, 2013, 10:08:43 AM »
I have to believe that is sarcasm.  I think I remember hearing the same kind of comment on DtC.

God I hope it is.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1098 on: May 06, 2013, 10:19:31 AM »

God I hope it is.

It was probably Rudy Sarzo that posted that comment.   :lol

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #1099 on: May 06, 2013, 10:36:41 AM »
If you go to their distro page on Facebook and like the page, you get an instant 10% coupon for your purchase:  https://www.facebook.com/cmdistro/app_312457232186622

Trying to decide what to get.  I usually don't do pre-orders, but the package looks pretty good.  I'm defintely getting the deluxe CD, as I want the bonus tracks.  CD only is $13, which is reasonable.  So for an extram $14, I get a shirt I will wear and a poster that I don't care much about, but can either keep, give away, or Ebay.  I think I'll have to get the package...

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1100 on: May 06, 2013, 10:48:46 AM »
If you go to their distro page on Facebook and like the page, you get an instant 10% coupon for your purchase:  https://www.facebook.com/cmdistro/app_312457232186622

Trying to decide what to get.  I usually don't do pre-orders, but the package looks pretty good.  I'm defintely getting the deluxe CD, as I want the bonus tracks.  CD only is $13, which is reasonable.  So for an extram $14, I get a shirt I will wear and a poster that I don't care much about, but can either keep, give away, or Ebay.  I think I'll have to get the package...

I'm in the same boat.  $14 for a T-shirt... good deal, considering I spent $30 at the venue for the concert shirt.

Thanks for the tip on the 10% discount.

Offline Nel

• Humorless Bore
« Reply #1101 on: May 06, 2013, 11:06:43 AM »
I'm keeping the poster. I mean, it's autographed, right? Might even frame it.  :biggrin:

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #1102 on: May 06, 2013, 11:10:01 AM »
The coupon promo code isn't working at the moment, but I placed my order anyway and emailed customer service. 

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1103 on: May 06, 2013, 02:57:19 PM »
Just in case anyone has not FB 'liked' them ...

PRE-ORDERS START TODAY!!!! If you'd like to get your pre-order today, please go to the following links and take your pick!!!

Deluxe + shirt and poster: https://www.cmdistro.com/Item/Queensryche_-_-Queensryche-_-Deluxe_Edition-_CD_+_Shirt_+_Autographed_Poster_-PRE-ORDER-/PKG001538

Standard + deluxe and poster:
https://www.cmdistro.com/Item/Queensryche_-_-Queensryche-_-Standard-_CD_+_Shirt_+_Autographed_Poster_-PRE-ORDER-/PKG001537

Deluxe CD:
https://www.cmdistro.com/Item/Queensryche_-_Queensryche_-Deluxe_Edition-_-PRE-ORDER-/45492

Standard CD:
https://www.cmdistro.com/Item/Queensryche_-_Queensryche_-PRE-ORDER-/45491

DELUXE BOX SET EDITION CD (North America only) and includes the following bonus tracks:

· Queen Of The Reich (live)

· En Force (live)

· Prophecy (live)

Housed in a small box with a patch, sticker, guitar pick and button pack.

Thanks Chad, I don't have facebook.  :tup

I'm definitely looking at the cd/shirt and poster.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator
  • But not the medical kind.
« Reply #1104 on: May 06, 2013, 06:12:51 PM »
For $27 I think I gotta do the mega bundle.
For the best online progressive radio: ProgRock.com
For the best in progressive news, reviews, and interviews: SonicPerspectives.com
For a trove of older podcasts and interviews: WPaPU.com
Awesome Majesty Pendant Club: Member #1

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1105 on: May 06, 2013, 06:14:06 PM »
Man, 10% off for facebook likes.  I might have to make an account just for this.  :lol

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #1106 on: May 07, 2013, 12:22:59 PM »
Wow, so apparently, demand for the deluxe packages was higher than expected, and they ran out of autographed posters yesterday and took the package offer down.  They got another set of posters and put it back up today.  Not sure how long before those go.  They said on Facebook that after those go, they will offer a different deluxe package.  Probably the shirts and posters that are not signed, I would guess.

Offline Lowdz

« Reply #1107 on: May 07, 2013, 02:38:08 PM »
Man, 10% off for facebook likes.  I might have to make an account just for this.  :lol

Do it. Thoough if you put a pic up I'll be disappointed if you don't in fact look like King Diamond  :biggrin:

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1108 on: May 07, 2013, 02:58:49 PM »
Wow, so apparently, demand for the deluxe packages was higher than expected, and they ran out of autographed posters yesterday and took the package offer down.  They got another set of posters and put it back up today.  Not sure how long before those go.  They said on Facebook that after those go, they will offer a different deluxe package.  Probably the shirts and posters that are not signed, I would guess.

Yeah, I was surprised when I checked and it said they were out of stock.  This album could pull some decent numbers.

Do it. Thoough if you put a pic up I'll be disappointed if you don't in fact look like King Diamond  :biggrin:

:lol

Online abydos

• DT.net
« Reply #1109 on: May 14, 2013, 08:24:01 AM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N0w60CHCcvc

Damn, Eyes of a Stranger sounds so good again. I can even focus on other things instead of the horrible singer. I just realized how much I miss DeGarmo's backing vocals.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1110 on: May 14, 2013, 08:29:47 AM »
Definitely not Todd's best vocal delivery.  Seems like he really struggled with the low end of the melodies.

Online abydos

• DT.net
« Reply #1111 on: May 14, 2013, 08:30:54 AM »
Oh yeah, definitely not the best. But it still sounds good, even by early 90s Tate standards. It's good and "alive" enough that I don't care that it wasn't his best/perfect performance.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #1112 on: May 14, 2013, 08:44:55 AM »
Awesome!  :metal

Offline Mister Gold

• The Makers of Our Own Destiny
  • Human
« Reply #1113 on: May 14, 2013, 08:57:12 AM »
Definitely not Todd's best vocal delivery.  Seems like he really struggled with the low end of the melodies.

To be honest, I've pretty much always thought Eyes was the weakest part of the setlist QR's been playing with Todd so far. However, I do think he's gotten better and better with a lot of the other songs.
Beyond the limits of the mortal frame
To the farthest boundary of eternity
Where I, the Cosmic Sea
Watch the little ego floating in me.

Offline eric42434224

• Wilson
« Reply #1114 on: May 16, 2013, 05:51:58 AM »
What I notice even more as time goes on, is how much better the music sounds.  Of course the vocals are much better with todd, but the backing instrumental piece is so much better.  Obviously it is tighter as they have had decades of experience playing it....no disrespect to the other band.  I think it is more the tone, sound, and personal touches that make the backing music sound so damn tight, and so close to the original recordings.  For lack of a better term, the backing music sounds like Queensryche.  Again, no disrespect to the other band.....as well, they arent Queensryche, and these guys are.
Oh shit, you're right!

rumborak

Rumborak to me 10/29

Offline snowdog

« Reply #1115 on: May 16, 2013, 11:21:35 AM »
What I notice even more as time goes on, is how much better the music sounds.  Of course the vocals are much better with todd, but the backing instrumental piece is so much better.  Obviously it is tighter as they have had decades of experience playing it....no disrespect to the other band.  I think it is more the tone, sound, and personal touches that make the backing music sound so damn tight, and so close to the original recordings.  For lack of a better term, the backing music sounds like Queensryche.  Again, no disrespect to the other band.....as well, they arent Queensryche, and these guys are.
I think a lot of it has to do with it being in the right key.  :)  Changing the key of a song always has a negative impact to me.  Queensryche, Rush, Genesis, Fish are ones that I've really noticed this with.

Offline PowerSlave

« Reply #1116 on: May 16, 2013, 11:13:15 PM »
I think a lot of it has to do with it being in the right key.  :)  Changing the key of a song always has a negative impact to me.  Queensryche, Rush, Genesis, Fish are ones that I've really noticed this with.

I usually don't blame people/bands for tuning down in their latter years when the vocalist is aging. It's nature and nobody can out run it. However, Geoff gets a lot of flack over down tuning for good reason. If the band carries on with Todd for a long period of time into the future, they'll probably have to do it for him as well. If he takes the proper steps to take care of his voice then I don't think that anyone should blame them when that time comes.
All of this has happened before and all of this will happen again

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #1117 on: May 19, 2013, 05:21:24 PM »
New song they played live called Fallout:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=3UvaYY2s5kw

I like it.  :tup

Offline Nel

• Humorless Bore
« Reply #1118 on: May 19, 2013, 05:26:13 PM »
It sounds pretty awesome.  :biggrin:

Can't wait to hear the studio version.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1119 on: May 19, 2013, 05:58:48 PM »
That was cool.  The QR I remember and loved is definitely back.