Author Topic: Official Queensryche Thread - NEW ALBUM INFO. p. 30  (Read 50076 times)

Offline MoraWintersoul

• Gloom Cookie
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • welcome to the wasteland
Re: Official Queensryche Thread - NEW ALBUM INFO. p. 30
« Reply #1260 on: May 31, 2013, 02:21:53 AM »
The marriage analogy in the review :rollin

Don't try to BS her about Kevin Moore facts, she will obscure quote you in the face.

type : mora : and delete the spaces for a surprise

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #1261 on: May 31, 2013, 05:32:17 AM »
A review of the new album :

https://gunshyassassin.com/reviews/review-toddryches-queensryche-a-moody-dark-lp-that-exceeds-expectations/

Interesting, if only for what he says on Tatewreck... :lol

boy, he doesn't sound like a "shy guy" at all.  Wonder how he really feels about FU?
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline me7

• Disciple of the Cockroach
« Reply #1262 on: May 31, 2013, 05:34:11 AM »
It's difficult to take the review seriously because the writer clearly dislikes Tate. I feel the same way but some paragraphs are equal parts about Queensryche and Tateryche, even though the latter have no business being mentioned in this review at all.
Anyway, I'm excited for the album.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1263 on: May 31, 2013, 05:40:36 AM »
The thing is, FU is so bad, the description he gives the album and Tate are warrant with that disaster of an album.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #1264 on: May 31, 2013, 07:32:18 AM »
Maybe true, but this was a review of the new album, not FU.  Mention it, talk about possible confusion, say it was bad if you want, but then drop it and review the new album.

Offline Bertielee

• RIP, Dad (1935-2017)
« Reply #1265 on: June 01, 2013, 10:05:50 AM »
Maybe true, but this was a review of the new album, not FU.  Mention it, talk about possible confusion, say it was bad if you want, but then drop it and review the new album.

Sorry, but I clearly understood it was a review of the new Todd-fronted QRalbum, and I'm not even English. It's even in the title. But maybe I don't get what you mean, being non-English as I am?

B.Lee
"Life is divided into two sets of people : people who have lost and people who haven't yet." George Michael

Offline Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #1266 on: June 01, 2013, 12:22:21 PM »
What I mean is that he spent way too much time talking about FU.  There's no question that it was a review of the new self-titled album, but if it is, then why spend so much time slamming on Geoff's album?

The "confusion" I mention is that he does have to point out that Geoff released a Queensryche album recently as well, and that there will be some people who don't understand all the background behind the two albums and the two factions.  So there can be confusion.  I didn't mean to imply that people are confused about what album he's supposed to be reviewing.  I'm just thinking there might be some people wondering why there's another Queenryche album out already.

That said, he was supposed to be reviewing the self-titled album, and given that, he basically reviewed both.

Offline me7

• Disciple of the Cockroach
« Reply #1267 on: June 01, 2013, 12:57:09 PM »
It also seems like he had decided to give it a positive review even before he had listened to it, just to spite Tate and say how much Tateryche sucks compared to Queensryche.
The review is funny, but I'm unsure whether it's honest.

Offline Bertielee

• RIP, Dad (1935-2017)
« Reply #1268 on: June 01, 2013, 02:46:32 PM »
What I mean is that he spent way too much time talking about FU.  There's no question that it was a review of the new self-titled album, but if it is, then why spend so much time slamming on Geoff's album?

The "confusion" I mention is that he does have to point out that Geoff released a Queensryche album recently as well, and that there will be some people who don't understand all the background behind the two albums and the two factions.  So there can be confusion.  I didn't mean to imply that people are confused about what album he's supposed to be reviewing.  I'm just thinking there might be some people wondering why there's another Queenryche album out already.

That said, he was supposed to be reviewing the self-titled album, and given that, he basically reviewed both.

Get it! Yep, he could have refreined from reviewing, sort of, the FU album.

B.Lee
"Life is divided into two sets of people : people who have lost and people who haven't yet." George Michael

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1269 on: June 02, 2013, 02:54:37 AM »

Yeah okay, that's fair enough.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline abydos

• DT.net
« Reply #1270 on: June 02, 2013, 08:56:19 AM »

Offline ZKX-2099

• The Drifting Drifter
« Reply #1271 on: June 02, 2013, 09:21:51 AM »
He fits the band right enough, without sounding like Tate too much.

Offline Lynxo

• It hurts when I poo
« Reply #1272 on: June 14, 2013, 01:05:47 AM »
I saw this review yesterday, really interesting: https://www.angrymetalguy.com/queensryche-queensryche-review/
Lynxo cured my bad breath with his penis.

Offline Perpetual Change

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1273 on: June 14, 2013, 11:15:03 AM »
I saw this review yesterday, really interesting: https://www.angrymetalguy.com/queensryche-queensryche-review/
Nice he actually reviewed the album and judged it on its own merits, rather than relative to Tate's album.

Offline Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #1274 on: June 14, 2013, 11:43:00 AM »
And he says pretty much what one could expect.  It's short, which can be good and bad.  Individual songs sometimes feel like they could've had a little more room to explore the ideas.  That kind of thing.  But also that it's strong overall, which is nice to hear since all we've had so far are peeks, and obviously the band is going to leak the strongest material first.