Author Topic: On the Backs of Angels Thread  (Read 345177 times)

Online ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
Re: On the Backs of Angels Thread
« Reply #1680 on: July 07, 2011, 03:19:19 AM »
Carelessness is of course forgivable, you'd have to be pretty merciless otherwise. But it doesn't hide the fact that after everything that has happened, MP should really have learned by now to think before he posts, likes or retweets something.

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Offline nikatapi

« Reply #1681 on: July 07, 2011, 03:26:41 AM »
Carelessness is of course forgivable, you'd have to be pretty merciless otherwise. But it doesn't hide the fact that after everything that has happened, MP should really have learned by now to think before he posts, likes or retweets something.

You're right, but i guess Mike can't change. I used to be very annoyed by his posts and attitude during the whole breakup period, but now i just dont care.

Offline tri.ad

• The Invisible Man
  • DT.net Member
« Reply #1682 on: July 07, 2011, 03:28:56 AM »
Wait, are we still expecting that? He has proven time and again that he doesn't really do that. My guess is that he never will.

As for OTBOA... I've stopped listening to it for a while, since I don't want to get fed up with it. But it's still a very enjoyable song to me.
... And you ask me: "Where's my hairspray?"

Mentlegen.

Offline RazielSR

« Reply #1683 on: July 07, 2011, 03:35:02 AM »
I think we all know that Mike is an emotional person, and let's not forget that he really loved DT and didn't really want to leave.
It is expected that he shows some negativity seing DT continue as strong as ever without him, because he wanted a hiatus, not to leave.
But it is very possible that these "likes" on FB are just careless actions, as i guess he liked the parts that talked about Adrenaline Mob and how he is irreplacable. And to a degree, he is.

Well, he wanted a 5 years hiatus or more, and that means he was tired of the band and wanted to return just to make cash in the future, that's all. If he wanted a hiatus, how is that since he know he will never be part of DT again, is having a lot of side projects and playing with tons of bands and he is extremely happy and plenty of work? How is that? I really think he was just tired of DT and wanted to stop it for years and was just thinking in his own person, not as a band. when he saw the others said..."what?! ok, we'll go on without you", then he became mad and started to know that DT it was more than his feelings.

His role in DT was very important and leading, and i'm sure it is painful to him seeing the band being happy carrying on with another drummer. I don't justify his actions, as they seem a bit immature to me, but i can understand his feelings. But he has to move on, if he hasn't already.
I'm sure time will heal the relationship between MP and DT, and we as fans will continue to enjoy great music from both sides.

Yes, he was a leading member, and because of that he should bring that honour right now and stop playing these childish and immature games.

Seems we all have to understand by necessity his feelings, but what about our feelings? what about that? We are all persons, and we are all DT fans, and this decay in the form of rejection against the new DT  is just a sad chapter in DT's history.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2011, 03:41:23 AM by RazielSR »

Online ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #1684 on: July 07, 2011, 04:37:39 AM »
Raz, you've been banned before for your comments towards MP, so I suggest you let it go. Especially if you're going to just make stuff up like "and that means he was tired of the band and wanted to return just to make cash in the future". :facepalm:

I be am boner inducing.

Offline RazielSR

« Reply #1685 on: July 07, 2011, 04:51:10 AM »
Raz, you've been banned before for your comments towards MP, so I suggest you let it go. Especially if you're going to just make stuff up like "and that means he was tired of the band and wanted to return just to make cash in the future". :facepalm:

Yes, but there are others that can say he is jealous and bring things from other forums to create flame wars and nothing happens. Seems you are all good friends and where someone is free to say, others are censored.

Funny thing that many people thinks the same, but you know, we have to be censored like in a dictatorship and just say good things, even when people is clearly attacking other persons. Ban me if you want one hundred times, I won't change my opinion due to your dictatorship.

I suppose you and bösk are feeling like god around here, but you know, this is just a forum.

And, tell me if is not true that MP said he wanted a hiatus and a return in 5 or more years just to surprise again and return with more power, and JP said no because maybe people will forgot too much about DT. That is said in an interview. Tell me waht MP wanted to do with that hiatus, of course to stop and return later having people expecting an incredible new return and sell more albums. That's an strategy seen many times before.

As he saw the others said no, now suddenly he is gonna release one thousand projects with new bands and is free to like agressive posts against the new DT.

Nice DT fan you are if you approve that and you are planning to ban me for my opinion, ariich, nice.

PS: And if you don't want to see MP comments in this topic, cause it is wrong, ban to the people that brought that comments here. I, for example, didn't know about it until I read the comments here.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2011, 05:01:20 AM by RazielSR »

Offline Jamesman42

• There you'll find me
  • DT.net Member
  • Spiral OUT
« Reply #1686 on: July 07, 2011, 04:57:52 AM »
As for OTBOA... I've stopped listening to it for a while, since I don't want to get fed up with it. But it's still a very enjoyable song to me.

Oh yes. I'm giving it a rest for a few weeks.

Online Zydar

• Creep With Tonality
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1687 on: July 07, 2011, 04:59:20 AM »

Me too. I don't want to burn out on it before the album comes.
Zydar is my new hero.  I just laughed so hard I nearly shat.

Offline RazielSR

« Reply #1688 on: July 07, 2011, 05:00:43 AM »

I have listened just three times  :D cause I don't want to get fed up either. It's too soon imo to have this song if the album comes out in September! The waiting is getting worst! I will listen some other times till then I suppose, but it's better to "forget" the song by now...

Offline The Silent Cody

• The biggest polish DT appreciator ;)
  • DTF.org Member
  • Ten years older, but still DT'ish ;)
« Reply #1689 on: July 07, 2011, 05:01:32 AM »

How many times have You Guys listening to it? I'm just curious, because I something about 8 times from RR, then 4 or 5 times on YT videos from actual shows.

Online Zydar

• Creep With Tonality
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1690 on: July 07, 2011, 05:02:18 AM »

How many times have You Guys listening to it? I'm just curious, because I something about 8 times from RR, then 4 or 5 times on YT videos from actual shows.

Oh I haven't counted but perhaps 10-12 times.

Offline Jamesman42

• There you'll find me
  • DT.net Member
  • Spiral OUT
« Reply #1691 on: July 07, 2011, 05:03:06 AM »
Gah, I know! We are at what, 68 days til album release? That is about 10 weeks, which is so close and yet so far.

Edit: I've listened probably 30 times, mostly in my car.

Offline RazielSR

« Reply #1692 on: July 07, 2011, 05:03:56 AM »

:omg: :omg: :omg:

Offline The Silent Cody

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #1693 on: July 07, 2011, 05:04:29 AM »

Oh I haven't counted but perhaps 10-12 times.
Oh, that's ok because I was thinking that I'm staying left behind a little with DTF :P you can find posts in here where is written "I'm listening to it 30 times and it still is just getting better and better" ;)

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #1694 on: July 07, 2011, 05:04:45 AM »
I've listened to it 4 or 5 times.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline The Silent Cody

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #1695 on: July 07, 2011, 05:05:08 AM »

You see Zydar?  ;D

Offline nikatapi

« Reply #1696 on: July 07, 2011, 05:06:00 AM »
I think i listen to the song 5 times every day. I just can't stop.

Online Zydar

• Creep With Tonality
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1697 on: July 07, 2011, 05:06:09 AM »

Offline Jamesman42

• There you'll find me
  • DT.net Member
  • Spiral OUT
« Reply #1698 on: July 07, 2011, 05:06:32 AM »

I drive at least 2 hours a day. :p Plus, I give the song a 9/10 now, so I'm just giving it a rest so I don't burn it out.

Offline The Silent Cody

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #1699 on: July 07, 2011, 05:08:09 AM »
I think i listen to the song 5 times every day. I just can't stop.
:omg: wow... now, that is.... brutal  :o It's a great song for sure, but Guys  ;D 5 x 9 = 45 times  ;D

Offline RazielSR

« Reply #1700 on: July 07, 2011, 05:09:42 AM »

I drive at least 2 hours a day. :p Plus, I give the song a 9/10 now, so I'm just giving it a rest so I don't burn it out.

:lol yes stop it a little, man, cause it's a long time till the album comes out.

But well, then we have nikatapi with 5x9 a day   ;D ;D ;D

Offline Jirpo

• DTF.org Member
  • :)
« Reply #1701 on: July 07, 2011, 05:12:38 AM »
Still haven't listened :) I'm holding out till the albums release. I much prefer listening to albums without knowing any of the songs beforehand.

Offline The Silent Cody

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #1702 on: July 07, 2011, 05:19:34 AM »
Still haven't listened :) I'm holding out till the albums release. I much prefer listening to albums without knowing any of the songs beforehand.
Really?? I'm impressed, my will is not so strong ;)  :tup

Offline nikatapi

« Reply #1703 on: July 07, 2011, 05:21:20 AM »

Ι'm jealous. I don't have the will to do this. I only did it with Octavarium and Systematic Chaos because i didn't have access to internet at the time...

Offline RazielSR

« Reply #1704 on: July 07, 2011, 05:23:19 AM »
So Jirpo should be called Willpo  :metal :metal

Offline Jirpo

• DTF.org Member
  • :)
« Reply #1705 on: July 07, 2011, 05:24:36 AM »
Once, I went to Roadrunners channel to listen to the new Machine Head song, and the first thing was OTBOA and I heard the first 2-3 seconds which is pretty much nothing :p
But now I know the song length, although I would find that out before I heard the album anyway, along with the other song lengths.

Offline Jamesman42

• There you'll find me
  • DT.net Member
  • Spiral OUT
« Reply #1706 on: July 07, 2011, 05:26:05 AM »

:lol yes stop it a little, man, cause it's a long time till the album comes out.

Nah, I'm fine, I have plenty of other music to listen to and explore. ;)

Offline Perpetual Change

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1707 on: July 07, 2011, 05:38:15 AM »
I don't want to feed the flames either, but this one pissed me off

Dear Mike,
After watching the DT show last night in Rome...I got pissed about Mangini's awful touch & sound on the old DT songs...please come out with the Mob album...we need your power!!!

Mike Portnoy likes this

Sorry Rich, but if true, this is a bit of a dick move from MP. :lol

Yup. MP liking all those comments that bash Mangini makes him sound like a sour-puss. Which he already was kinda sounding like, anyway. If Petrucci "liked" a comment that said "was awesome to hear a drummer breathe some life into Portnoy's parts, and thank god those awful MP vox are done with," I bet the MP fans would be up-in-arms about it. And MP too, maybe.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2011, 05:54:38 AM by Perpetual Change »

Offline Sixtease

« Reply #1708 on: July 07, 2011, 06:08:54 AM »
Jordan's keyboard sounds impressed me on this track
What a marvelous garden path sentence!
</linguistic-interlude>

Online ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #1709 on: July 07, 2011, 06:54:28 AM »
Yes, but there are others that can say he is jealous and bring things from other forums to create flame wars and nothing happens. Seems you are all good friends and where someone is free to say, others are censored.

Funny thing that many people thinks the same, but you know, we have to be censored like in a dictatorship and just say good things, even when people is clearly attacking other persons. Ban me if you want one hundred times, I won't change my opinion due to your dictatorship.

I suppose you and bösk are feeling like god around here, but you know, this is just a forum.
:lol Wtf? You weren't banned for your opinion, but for the way you express it. You are absolutely correct, lots of people bring negative opinions and that's absolutely fine, but they don't do it in such a nasty way. I know I should take this to PM, but I want to post this publicly because apparently some people don't understand, despite Nick, bosk and I explaining it over and over again. Negative opinions are fine. Expressing them in a nasty way that attacks the people in question is not fine. End of story.

And, tell me if is not true that MP said he wanted a hiatus and a return in 5 or more years just to surprise again and return with more power,
No, he never said that.

and JP said no because maybe people will forgot too much about DT. That is said in an interview.
That part is correct.

Tell me waht MP wanted to do with that hiatus, of course to stop and return later having people expecting an incredible new return and sell more albums. That's an strategy seen many times before.
This is exactly what I was referring to, you have no basis for this claim other than stuff you've made up in your head.

As he saw the others said no, now suddenly he is gonna release one thousand projects with new bands and is free to like agressive posts against the new DT.
He has always had loads of projects on the go, or did you forget those again?

Now honestly, let it go. If you want to continue the conversation, feel free to PM me, but it does not belong in this thread.

I be am boner inducing.

Offline JasonScandopolous

« Reply #1710 on: July 07, 2011, 06:55:28 AM »
Next person to use any form of the word grow, or any form of a synonym of the word grow is getting a 1 day ban. :p

Mission accomplished lol

On topic:  still havent gotten 5 listens in, youtube at work doesn't really work (takes 10 mins to load a video, 90% chance of an "error"), need to work&concetrate while at home for a few weeks as well.

Offline Perpetual Change

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1711 on: July 07, 2011, 06:57:31 AM »
And, tell me if is not true that MP said he wanted a hiatus and a return in 5 or more years just to surprise again and return with more power,
No, he never said that.

MP did say he wanted to go on hiatus for 5 years or so, to come back bigger and better than ever.

Online ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #1712 on: July 07, 2011, 06:59:11 AM »
In fact he said indefinite, and when the band said no he suggested 5-years as something more specific. As for coming back bigger and better, yes that was part of it, but it wasn't "just to surprise again...". He wanted the break because he was tired of DT - the coming back stronger was just a part of that, and probably simply a means to try and persuade the rest of the guys.

I be am boner inducing.

Offline unklejman

« Reply #1713 on: July 07, 2011, 08:39:15 AM »
Mods, I don't want to tell you how to do your job... but I get really annoyed when I come to this thread wanting to read about On the Backs of Angels, but then have to sift through a mountain of MP tweet discussion.  I just think that those belong in a thread of its own. If I'm the only person that feels that way then just ignore me.

Offline zerogravityfat

• DTF.org Alumni
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #1714 on: July 07, 2011, 08:45:11 AM »
feeling lazy today, did we figure out what the sound byte in the beginning is?
DTF.  More reliable than the AP since 2009. -millahh