Author Topic: On the Backs of Angels Thread  (Read 344533 times)

Offline GasparXR

• Why would I put something personal here?
Re: On the Backs of Angels Thread
« Reply #1645 on: July 06, 2011, 07:41:21 PM »
Can we please not use the terminology "massive grower" about songs anymore?  It it far too gay a phrase to allow me to read anything else that you've written.

On the song:  first listen, it was ok.  second, got better; third, got better; fourth, decreased a bit.  Will give it a fifth listen later tonight.

I think straight people would find your usage of "gay" here downright offensive, because you basically said only gay people have massive growers.

Offline JasonScandopolous

« Reply #1646 on: July 06, 2011, 07:47:17 PM »
Acceptable uses:

-I am a massive grower of marijuana
-It's not really that small, the water was just cold; I'm a massive grower, I'm telling you!

Offline Knguro

« Reply #1647 on: July 06, 2011, 07:48:48 PM »
You know what guys the entire album will be massive grower!  :yarr
...Here before me is my soul, I'm learning to live...
And your English is just fine. :tup

Offline Knguro

« Reply #1648 on: July 06, 2011, 07:50:20 PM »

Offline TheGreatPretender

• The Second Dancing Turtle
  • You are reading these words.
« Reply #1649 on: July 06, 2011, 07:50:34 PM »
Maybe the song should just be called On The Massive Growers of Angels.
"How's that for a slice of fried gold?"

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #1650 on: July 06, 2011, 08:00:35 PM »
I'm just glad that it doesn't have a massive growler.

Oh, wait. 

Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline GasparXR

« Reply #1651 on: July 06, 2011, 08:04:17 PM »
I'm just glad that it doesn't have a massive growler.

Oh, wait. 

:tup His arms are also massive growers.

Offline Knguro

« Reply #1652 on: July 06, 2011, 08:09:56 PM »
I love to see that at each country has always a massive grower crowd!

Offline DarkLord_Lalinc

• pr0nman extraordinaire
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Hostages love me
« Reply #1653 on: July 06, 2011, 08:11:23 PM »
Mine's a grower.
Quote from: TioJorge
MAN FUCK YOU KUJA.
Quote from: hefdaddy42
The Darklord is amazing

Offline ronnibran

« Reply #1654 on: July 06, 2011, 08:38:33 PM »
I absolutely LOVE the new song!!!  It really has everything I love about DT in it and then some (the then some is some of my favorite lyrics ever).  I can't wait for the new album.  I would think they'd use the most "accessible" song for the single, so I'm anticipating some true awesomeness for the rest of the album.

On the topic of Portnoy that has made it's way into this thread. . .  I'm choosing not to read too far into his "likes."  We all have our quirks, but I am sure he is a really great guy and don't want to jump to any conclusions regarding his recent facebook things.  I can't imagine it is easy for him right now with all that's going on in the DT camp. . .  I'm not a drummer or anything, but he was my favorite DT member.  But I'm a fan of all DT members and my love for DT has not waned.  And I am excited for their future with MM, I can't wait to hear his output in DT.

Offline JasonScandopolous

« Reply #1655 on: July 06, 2011, 08:42:47 PM »
I absolutely LOVE the new song!!!  It really has everything I love about DT in it and then some (the then some is some of my favorite lyrics ever).  I can't wait for the new album.  I would think they'd use the most "accessible" song for the single, so I'm anticipating some true awesomeness for the rest of the album.

On the topic of Portnoy that has made it's way into this thread. . .  I'm choosing not to read too far into his "likes."  We all have our quirks, but I am sure he is a really great guy and don't want to jump to any conclusions regarding his recent facebook things.  I can't imagine it is easy for him right now with all that's going on in the DT camp. . .  I'm not a drummer or anything, but he was my favorite DT member.  But I'm a fan of all DT members and my love for DT has not waned.  And I am excited for their future with MM, I can't wait to hear his output in DT.

Get with the theme bro, was it a grower or not?

Offline ronnibran

« Reply #1656 on: July 06, 2011, 08:50:53 PM »

Get with the theme bro, was it a grower or not?

Ha ha ha. . . I thought it was bloody brilliant upon first listen and have tried not to over listen to it, so it hasn't had much of a chance to grow.  But, it seems quite progressive and deep, so I think I won't tire of it anytime soon.  Especially in the context of the whole album, it will probably just get better.

Offline showdonttell

• So energy! Powah!
« Reply #1657 on: July 06, 2011, 09:39:44 PM »
Hey, I'm new here, but just thought I'd say the new track is pretty great!
https://www.last.fm/user/kokocijo

So, I'm chasing these doves down the street and she's screaming at the top of her lungs, and then when the magician comes back from Europe, two of them turned brown!  Well I followed the instructions!

Offline Knguro

« Reply #1658 on: July 06, 2011, 09:50:04 PM »
Welcome!

Yes it is!!!! Is it growing in you already?!

Offline showdonttell

• So energy! Powah!
« Reply #1659 on: July 06, 2011, 09:53:43 PM »
Welcome!

Thank you! And yes, I love the chorus! Jordan's keyboard sounds impressed me on this track, as well as his playing, obviously.  :biggrin:
https://www.last.fm/user/kokocijo

So, I'm chasing these doves down the street and she's screaming at the top of her lungs, and then when the magician comes back from Europe, two of them turned brown!  Well I followed the instructions!

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1660 on: July 06, 2011, 09:56:16 PM »
(2) MP really likes MM as a drummer and has gone on record in the past as saying so.

That is irrelevant.  Just because you like someone as a drummer doesn't mean you'll like them in any band or project, especially one that you used to be in and where he is your replacement.

Hey, ariich, I want to move to England with you, where no one ever does anything from a negative point-of-view.   :biggrin:

:lol  Amen to that! :tup :tup

Offline Jamesman42

• There you'll find me
  • DT.net Member
  • Spiral OUT
« Reply #1661 on: July 06, 2011, 10:07:37 PM »
Is it growing in you already?!

« Reply #1662 on: July 06, 2011, 10:15:18 PM »
It's nice to have it on my MP3 player. That way I can have that massive grower right in my ear every day.

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator
  • But not the medical kind.
« Reply #1663 on: July 06, 2011, 10:18:13 PM »
Next person to use any form of the word grow, or any form of a synonym of the word grow is getting a 1 day ban. :p
For the best online progressive radio: ProgRock.com
For the best in progressive news, reviews, and interviews: SonicPerspectives.com
For a trove of older podcasts and interviews: WPaPU.com
Awesome Majesty Pendant Club: Member #1

Offline GasparXR

« Reply #1664 on: July 06, 2011, 10:20:18 PM »
It's a massive negative decayer.

« Reply #1665 on: July 06, 2011, 10:20:42 PM »
It's fine. I spoke my piece.  :rollin

Offline SystematicThought

• DTF.org Member
  • Carpe Diem-2020
« Reply #1666 on: July 06, 2011, 10:21:31 PM »
In that span of 1 day ban- I will allow that word to grow on me
God have mercy on a man
Who doubts what he's sure of.
-Bruce Springsteen

Offline Knguro

« Reply #1667 on: July 06, 2011, 10:21:45 PM »

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator
  • But not the medical kind.
« Reply #1668 on: July 06, 2011, 10:22:03 PM »
In that span of 1 day ban- I will allow that word to grow on me

For the best online progressive radio: ProgRock.com
For the best in progressive news, reviews, and interviews: SonicPerspectives.com
For a trove of older podcasts and interviews: WPaPU.com
Awesome Majesty Pendant Club: Member #1

Offline SystematicThought

• DTF.org Member
  • Carpe Diem-2020
« Reply #1669 on: July 06, 2011, 10:23:59 PM »
I shall back down. The banhammer has already taken one of my profiles on gamespot  :lol
God have mercy on a man
Who doubts what he's sure of.
-Bruce Springsteen

Offline GasparXR

« Reply #1670 on: July 06, 2011, 10:24:32 PM »
Looks like it's currently flying through Canada.

Offline Knguro

« Reply #1671 on: July 06, 2011, 10:26:05 PM »
Welcome!

Thank you! And yes, I love the chorus! Jordan's keyboard sounds impressed me on this track, as well as his playing, obviously.  :biggrin:

Yeah a lot has been talked about JR playing I personally love it man, is just the main color on the picture!

Offline darkshade

« Reply #1672 on: July 06, 2011, 10:43:22 PM »
I love the groove MMX plays during the opening verse "Standing on the backs..." Great song

Offline Jaffa

• Just Jaffa
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1673 on: July 07, 2011, 01:17:59 AM »
Next person to use any form of the word grow, or any form of a synonym of the word grow is getting a 1 day ban. :p

This song greatly reeks of win-sauce.  It's absolutely great.  Really outstanding work.  Excellent rhythm.  

« Last Edit: July 07, 2011, 09:48:25 AM by Jaffa »
Sincerely,
Jaffa

Online ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #1674 on: July 07, 2011, 02:28:32 AM »
Hey, ariich, I want to move to England with you, where no one ever does anything from a negative point-of-view.   :biggrin:
Eh, most people here in the UK tend to make negative assumptions/interpretations as well. :lol I'm just unusual in that I generally lean towards giving people the benefit of the doubt. Seeing as there's no potential for personal hurt towards me, I think it's fairer to assume something more down-to-earth than to make inferences and assume the worst.

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Offline Jaffa

• Just Jaffa
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1675 on: July 07, 2011, 02:37:40 AM »
I guess I'll weigh in on MP one last time:

I will agree entirely that he seems pretty careless about some of his comments and likes and retweets.  I would only assert that it's not really fair to expect him to be completely careful all the time.  Carelessness is forgivable in my eyes; it's kind of impossible to be so careful that you manage to think of every implication of everything you say.
Sincerely,
Jaffa

Offline RazielSR

« Reply #1676 on: July 07, 2011, 02:56:51 AM »

I will agree entirely that he seems pretty careless about some of his comments and likes and retweets.  I would only assert that it's not really fair to expect him to be completely careful all the time.  Carelessness is forgivable in my eyes; it's kind of impossible to be so careful that you manage to think of every implication of everything you say.

Ok, but if he can't be completely carefull all the time, then, do not expect the fans to be happy with MP's behaviour.
DT (JP, JLB, JMX, JR and MM) has been always really respectful and showing how painful it was Mike's departue (anyway, I think they didn't want that kind of Mike in the band anymore and they were in some way, happy with the departure).

And then you have MP with this behaviour, always lurking and ready to start flame wars with subtle retweets and approvements.

The song is great and if he can't appreciate his ex bandmates work, then is clear he will never be happy.

Offline Jaffa

• Just Jaffa
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1677 on: July 07, 2011, 02:59:53 AM »

Ok, but if he can't be completely carefull all the time, then, do not expect the fans to be happy with MP's behaviour.
DT (JP, JLB, JMX, JR and MM) has been always really respectful and showing how painful it was Mike's departue (anyway, I think they didn't want that kind of Mike in the band anymore and they were in some way, happy with the departure).

And then you have MP with this behaviour, always lurking and ready to start flame wars with subtle retweets and approvements.

The song is great and if he can't appreciate his ex bandmates work, then is clear he will never be happy.

Just to clarify, my post was made with the idea in mind that MP didn't mean to be negative, but was simply oblivious to the negative aspects of what he was saying/endorsing. 

If he meant things negatively, then yes, absolutely it's reasonable to form a negative opinion of him. 

I'm just saying I forgive him if it was carelessness rather than intentional negativity.
Sincerely,
Jaffa

Offline RazielSR

« Reply #1678 on: July 07, 2011, 03:08:06 AM »
I just can't understand how can't someone see the negativity in that posts approvements.

Offline nikatapi

« Reply #1679 on: July 07, 2011, 03:15:19 AM »
I think we all know that Mike is an emotional person, and let's not forget that he really loved DT and didn't really want to leave.
It is expected that he shows some negativity seing DT continue as strong as ever without him, because he wanted a hiatus, not to leave.
But it is very possible that these "likes" on FB are just careless actions, as i guess he liked the parts that talked about Adrenaline Mob and how he is irreplacable. And to a degree, he is.

His role in DT was very important and leading, and i'm sure it is painful to him seeing the band being happy carrying on with another drummer. I don't justify his actions, as they seem a bit immature to me, but i can understand his feelings. But he has to move on, if he hasn't already.
I'm sure time will heal the relationship between MP and DT, and we as fans will continue to enjoy great music from both sides.