Author Topic: The Iron Maiden Thread v. The Merge of Souls  (Read 583735 times)

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
Re: The Iron Maiden Thread v. The Merge of Souls
« Reply #10395 on: April 02, 2024, 08:31:23 AM »
 :lol  I'm not too familiar with LOTL music, but I've seen pictures and I think they look worse than most of the music I listen to and I agree, most of the bands I listen to looks ridiculous so that's saying something.

Offline The Curious Orange

• Lord of the Night
« Reply #10396 on: April 02, 2024, 09:02:18 AM »
Hey, LOTL would struggle to come last on Eurovision. Oh wait...
"And if love remains, though everything is lost,
We will pay the price, but we will not count the cost..."

Offline pg1067

« Reply #10397 on: April 02, 2024, 10:01:17 AM »
You've just described about 60% of the music I listen to.  Have you ever seen the cover of Sabbath's Sabotage?  Kiss in the Asylum era?  Rick Wakeman ever?

What's the problem?   :lol :lol

"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #10398 on: April 02, 2024, 02:00:38 PM »
HAHAHA

Interesting, though; I have a ton of Sabbath, including the remaster boxes and what not, and I have NEVER seen that picture before.  I love that.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #10399 on: April 02, 2024, 02:02:22 PM »
Yeah I've never seen that pic either.  That's a good one.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline pg1067

« Reply #10400 on: April 02, 2024, 03:32:16 PM »
Bill and Tony look like they're on their way to audition for The Big Bang Theory.
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline Zydar

• Creep With Tonality
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #10401 on: April 03, 2024, 12:48:51 AM »
Bill and Tony look like they're on their way to audition for The Big Bang Theory.

*Knock knock knock*

"Ozzy!"

*Knock knock knock*

"Ozzy!"

*Knock knock knock*

"Ozzy!"

Cue laugh track for 10 minutes.
Zydar is my new hero.  I just laughed so hard I nearly shat.

Offline pg1067

« Reply #10402 on: April 03, 2024, 10:08:45 AM »
*Knock knock knock*

"Ozzy!"

*Knock knock knock*

"Ozzy!"

*Knock knock knock*

"Ozzy!"

Cue laugh track for 10 minutes.

This instantly made me recast the show:

Bill and Tony as Leonard and Sheldon.

Ozzy as Penny.

Geezer as Howard/Raj.

Sharon as Howard's mother.

RJD as Kripke.

:lol :lol

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #10403 on: April 03, 2024, 10:27:39 AM »
This is not the dork thread people.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Zydar

• Creep With Tonality
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #10404 on: April 03, 2024, 10:38:13 AM »
This is not the dork thread people.

Fear of the dork
Zydar is my new hero.  I just laughed so hard I nearly shat.

Offline pg1067

« Reply #10405 on: April 03, 2024, 01:18:37 PM »
the dork thread people.

Coming to CBS this fall!

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #10406 on: April 12, 2024, 04:18:14 PM »
So...I'm going to be putting together a massive live Iron Maiden playlist on Spotify and maybe even my iPod.

I'm going to try and include most to all of the Bruce sung live songs, so I won't be including Blaze or Paul, but I will include their songs as sung by Bruce.

Anyway, since Iron Maiden has included so many of the same songs on multiple live releases, I am wondering what you guys think are the definitive live versions of the following songs..

Wrathchild
The Number Of The Beast
Hallowed Be Thy Name
Run To The Hills
The Trooper
Two Minutes To Midnight
Fear Of The Dark
« Last Edit: April 12, 2024, 07:39:23 PM by TAC »
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Dream Team

« Reply #10407 on: April 12, 2024, 04:54:39 PM »
Beast Over Hammersmith definitely for Hallowed. 100%

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #10408 on: April 12, 2024, 05:51:43 PM »
So...I'm going to be putting together a massive live Iron Maiden playlist on Spotify and maybe even my iPod.

I'm going to try and include most to all of the Bruce sung live songs, so I won't be including Blaze or Paul, but I will include their songs as sung by Bruce.

Anyway, since Iron Maiden has included so many of the same songs on multiple live releases, I am wondering what you guys think are the definitive live versions of the following songs..

The Number Of The Beast
Hallowed Be Thy Name
Run To The Hills
The Trooper
Two Minutes To Midnight
Fear Of The Dark

This is tough.  Most of these songs I rarely take notice of anymore in its live setting.  You know I love Donington and would take most of those versions personally.  I think The Trooper and Hallowed from those are wonderful but probably not the most polished.  You can't go wrong with Beast over Hammersmith or Rock in Rio IMO.  I always thought Flight 666 was a great live record too. 

To be honest though, I haven't listened to most of their live albums for a long long time.  Although, if you're including Powerslave I'd love to recommend the official Ed Hunter version that was released on one of the Wicker Man singles, that's by far the best.  I can't find it on Spotify though.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #10409 on: April 12, 2024, 06:37:28 PM »
Although, if you're including Powerslave I'd love to recommend the official Ed Hunter version that was released on one of the Wicker Man singles, that's by far the best.  I can't find it on Spotify though.

I have one of The Wicker Man CD singles, but the b-sides are Futureal and Man On The Edge from the Ed Hunter tour. (man, what a tour seeing Iron Maiden in a theater).
The Live version of No Prayer isn't on Spotify, but I think I have a copy of it somewhere.

I actually like the Flight 666 version of Powerslave. Not sure though.

Also, regarding Live At Donnington, I'm probably going to use that or A Real Dead One for The Number Of The Beast, as I thought them playing it in the second spot was a great call. Not sure though.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #10410 on: April 12, 2024, 06:40:32 PM »
I have one of The Wicker Man CD singles, but the b-sides are Futureal and Man On The Edge from the Ed Hunter tour. (man, what a tour seeing Iron Maiden in a theater).
The Live version of No Prayer isn't on Spotify, but I think I have a copy of it somewhere.

I actually like the Flight 666 version of Powerslave. Not sure though.

Also, regarding Live At Donnington, I'm probably going to use that or A Real Dead One for The Number Of The Beast, as I thought them playing it in the second spot was a great call. Not sure though.

I'd have to listen through some of them mate, there's so many to choose from.  I think with the version of Powerslave I'm talking about, there were two versions of the single.  From memory the other had live versions of Killers and Powerslave.  I'll try and find it on Youtube.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #10411 on: April 12, 2024, 06:42:58 PM »
Yeah, I was kinda right.  I have the picture disc and the normal version of the singles.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Wicker_Man_(song)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I2UX_qsqjI4

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #10412 on: April 12, 2024, 06:53:25 PM »
Yeah, I was kinda right.  I have the picture disc and the normal version of the singles.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Wicker_Man_(song)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I2UX_qsqjI4

Wow, that's an awesome version. I can probably get the file somewhere for a playlist on my iPod, but on Spotify, it's Live After Death vs Flight 666, unless I can import it and use that. I'll have to figure it out.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #10413 on: April 12, 2024, 06:58:17 PM »
Wow, that's an awesome version. I can probably get the file somewhere for a playlist on my iPod, but on Spotify, it's Live After Death vs Flight 666, unless I can import it and use that. I'll have to figure it out.

I can send you an mp3 version?  I've just found both my versions of the cd singles.  I can get you the version of Killers too, it's just as awesome.  I'm heading out now but can do this later for you if you like?

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #10414 on: April 12, 2024, 07:16:12 PM »
I can send you an mp3 version?  I've just found both my versions of the cd singles.  I can get you the version of Killers too, it's just as awesome.  I'm heading out now but can do this later for you if you like?

Thank you. I can get it. I have the Prayer and the Powerslave into a Spotify playlist. I'll check out Killers.

EDIT: I got the file. My choices for Killers is Beast Over Hammersmith, Maiden England '88, and The Ed Hunter one. After just listening to all three, I'm going to go with the Ed Hunter one.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2024, 07:34:15 PM by TAC »

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #10415 on: April 13, 2024, 06:01:54 AM »
I wish there were more from that tour.  They were on fire.

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #10416 on: April 13, 2024, 06:35:47 AM »
Meanwhile, Bruce is about to play a couple of not exactly secret shows in LA!
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #10417 on: April 13, 2024, 09:24:47 AM »
Pretty solid set list from Bruce's show last night.  There's wayy too many songs I'd like to see to make everyone happy, but I think it's a good selection overall.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #10418 on: April 13, 2024, 12:46:55 PM »
This is tough.  Most of these songs I rarely take notice of anymore in its live setting.  You know I love Donington and would take most of those versions personally.  I think The Trooper and Hallowed from those are wonderful but probably not the most polished.  You can't go wrong with Beast over Hammersmith or Rock in Rio IMO.  I always thought Flight 666 was a great live record too. 

To be honest though, I haven't listened to most of their live albums for a long long time.  Although, if you're including Powerslave I'd love to recommend the official Ed Hunter version that was released on one of the Wicker Man singles, that's by far the best.  I can't find it on Spotify though.

For my money, it starts with the Beast Over Hammersmith, then Rock In Rio, then Live After Death. 

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #10419 on: April 13, 2024, 12:49:15 PM »
For my money, it starts with the Beast Over Hammersmith, then Rock In Rio, then Live After Death.

Stads, feel free to weigh in on these tracks..

Wrathchild
Iron Maiden
The Number Of The Beast
Hallowed Be Thy Name
Run To The Hills
The Trooper
Two Minutes To Midnight
Fear Of The Dark

For the record, I'm not a huge fan of how Rock in Rio sounds, especially when compared to Death On The Road.

Offline Mladen

« Reply #10420 on: April 13, 2024, 01:08:16 PM »
Pretty solid set list from Bruce's show last night.  There's wayy too many songs I'd like to see to make everyone happy, but I think it's a good selection overall.
I'm liking the set list quite a bit. There are songs I miss and songs I'd replace, but come on, it's the guy's first solo show in twenty years, he managed to select fifteen tracks from a magnificent discography, and we'll get songs that a year ago we wouldn't even dream of seeing live.

Offline Anguyen92

« Reply #10421 on: April 13, 2024, 01:36:17 PM »
Well, finally found a ticket for Bruce's solo show in Santa Ana for below $100.00, this Monday.  F' it, this is something I never going to see ever again within 5 years or so.  I'm buying it.  The resale was going for around $130 or more.  It's going to be worth it.

Offline Mosh

• For I have dined on honeydew!
« Reply #10422 on: April 13, 2024, 02:44:17 PM »
Stads, feel free to weigh in on these tracks..

Wrathchild
Rock in Rio

Iron Maiden
Man I dunno, Live After Death for the bombast?

The Number Of The Beast
Hallowed Be Thy Name
Run To The Hills

Beast Over Hammersmith. Hearing these songs live and fresh is something special.

The Trooper
Rock in Rio, but if you’re not as into that album’s sound Death on the Road version isn’t bad either. The song has lost its juice live since then imo.

Two Minutes To Midnight
Flight 666

Fear Of The Dark

Rock in Rio. Pretty much made the song what it is imo.
New Animal Soup scifi space opera for fans of Porcupine Tree, Mastodon, Iron Maiden: Chariots of the Gods

https://animalsoup.bandcamp.com/album/chariots-of-the-gods

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #10423 on: April 13, 2024, 02:53:00 PM »
Thanks Mosh, I appreciate it. I should throw this out over at Maidenfans.
I'll take these under advisement. I haven't made a decision on these tracks yet. Probably going to save them for last.

Offline Mosh

« Reply #10424 on: April 13, 2024, 06:52:17 PM »
You should! Really curious what people come up with it’s an interesting question as there are so many versions and I definitely glaze over a lot of them.
New Animal Soup scifi space opera for fans of Porcupine Tree, Mastodon, Iron Maiden: Chariots of the Gods

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #10425 on: April 14, 2024, 05:38:29 AM »
I'll take these under advisement. I haven't made a decision on these tracks yet. Probably going to save them for last.

I might have a listen through a few versions tomorrow and try and add a bit more of a suggestion for you.

Offline devieira73

• Boldly go where no brazilian has gone before...
« Last Edit: April 14, 2024, 12:28:37 PM by devieira73 »
"one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind." (RIP Neil Armstrong)

Offline Zantera

• Wolfman's brother
  • DTF.org Member
  • Bouncing around the room
« Reply #10427 on: April 14, 2024, 10:29:18 AM »
I think it's a pretty great and diverse setlist to be honest, even if I would have liked to see a Skunkworks pick in there too. But I wont get to see him on the tour anyways so it is what it is.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #10428 on: April 14, 2024, 12:17:23 PM »
I might have a listen through a few versions tomorrow and try and add a bit more of a suggestion for you.

Yeah, I pretty much banged this out yesterday except for the songs I listed. I'm at 76 songs and 8 hours.

Offline Mosh

« Reply #10429 on: April 14, 2024, 12:59:27 PM »
Yeah, I pretty much banged this out yesterday except for the songs I listed. I'm at 76 songs and 8 hours.
Are you pulling from bootlegs as well or just leaving off songs that weren’t officially released? i.e. most of AMOLAD.