Author Topic: Black Sabbath Discussion Thread  (Read 137650 times)

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
Re: Black Sabbath Discussion Thread
« Reply #1295 on: March 25, 2024, 12:48:43 PM »
From what I recall, anything not previously released under the Sabbath name could ever be released unless Ozzy was involved. So the Tony's could not record some new tracks and attach them to the new box because they never were released before (think along the lines of the 3 new tracks that were recorded for the Dio-era Hits album). She essentially made it so that anything that might be vaulted and did not contain Ozzy, that could not be released under the Sabbath name. Same goes for any new material, it's Ozzy or nothing.
beul ni teh efac = Lube In The Face / That has to be wrong.  :lol / EDIT: Oh, it's Blue! I'm an idiot.
Pardon the interruption, but I just had to run in and celebrate the majesty of Lube in the Face as highest moment in roulette history

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #1296 on: March 25, 2024, 02:57:55 PM »
And honestly, that's not completely unreasonable.  I mean, I guess there ought to be a mechanism for Ozzy to approve two or three songs from Tony Martin, but generally speaking, I would've asked for the same thing if I was Oz.

Offline Grappler

• Victory, Illinois Varsity
« Reply #1297 on: March 27, 2024, 06:43:17 PM »
Going on a massive Sabbath binge of all eras lately.  I'm listening to the live stuff on the Seventh Star remaster, and never realized that was Ray Gillen singing for that tour.  He sang his ASS off and sounds fantastic on those songs. 

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1298 on: March 27, 2024, 06:44:55 PM »
Going on a massive Sabbath binge of all eras lately.  I'm listening to the live stuff on the Seventh Star remaster, and never realized that was Ray Gillen singing for that tour.  He sang his ASS off and sounds fantastic on those songs.

Yeah, Glenn Hughes started the tour until it was clear he was too fucked up.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1299 on: March 27, 2024, 07:02:52 PM »
I remember reading the notes from the Seventh Star remaster about Hughes and yeah, he was I think at his lowest point around that time, absolutely fucked up.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1300 on: March 27, 2024, 07:19:06 PM »
I remember reading the notes from the Seventh Star remaster about Hughes and yeah, he was I think at his lowest point around that time, absolutely fucked up.

I read his autobiography last year. It was actually kind of unbelievable.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1301 on: March 27, 2024, 07:28:10 PM »
From memory it wasn't only drugs he was getting fat and also addicted to Mars Bars.  :lol
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline Madman Shepherd

« Reply #1302 on: March 27, 2024, 09:01:51 PM »

Excellent singer for sure but I always thought he was a bit overrated for Sabbath. A lot of it is the lore of what Eternal Idol could have sounded like. I mean, he sounds good on those demos but I think with maybe one exception, Tony Martin owns those songs

Offline Grappler

« Reply #1303 on: March 27, 2024, 09:53:34 PM »
Excellent singer for sure but I always thought he was a bit overrated for Sabbath. A lot of it is the lore of what Eternal Idol could have sounded like. I mean, he sounds good on those demos but I think with maybe one exception, Tony Martin owns those songs

I haven't heard that yet - I already had Eternal Idol when that re-issue came out and never bought it.  I was just talking about the live stuff, he sounded really good on those older songs, with tons of high notes.

I'm still a big Tony Martin fan, especially on Headless Cross.  I've just been in the mood to explore all of their records again and see what pops for me - random live tracks, old favorites. 

Offline Madman Shepherd

« Reply #1304 on: Today at 05:50:56 AM »
I haven't heard that yet - I already had Eternal Idol when that re-issue came out and never bought it.  I was just talking about the live stuff, he sounded really good on those older songs, with tons of high notes.

I'm still a big Tony Martin fan, especially on Headless Cross.  I've just been in the mood to explore all of their records again and see what pops for me - random live tracks, old favorites.

It's definitely worth a purchase.

If you wanna go real deep, look up Dave Donato singing The Shining with completely different lyrics and melodies

Offline ozzy554

« Reply #1305 on: Today at 11:18:12 AM »
Snippet of the Forbidden remix about halfway in https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KaJUhsbvAr8

Sounds great
Do you read Sutter Cane?

Offline Grappler

« Reply #1306 on: Today at 11:36:03 AM »
Snippet of the Forbidden remix about halfway in https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KaJUhsbvAr8

Sounds great

That sounds awesome!   :metal