Author Topic: Kamelot  (Read 154817 times)

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: Kamelot
« Reply #315 on: August 17, 2012, 05:31:39 PM »
I gotta say again these bonuses are a real let down.  I was hoping for at least a DVD with some studio footage and maybe some decent live vids with Tommy.
Eh - better than the Ghost Opera bonuses! Don't know if there was a different edition going about, but mine just had a (very good!) extra track and the video for the title track. Quality might not be amazing, but the quantity's there. More than many special editions.

:lol Yeah, I take my statement back then, because you reminded me of Ghost Opera.  The DVD was like 8 minutes long with the video clip and the song over random clips of the making of the clip.  What a fucking joke that was, I was so mad!!
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #316 on: August 17, 2012, 07:04:18 PM »
There was another edition of ghost opera that had a second disc with a bunch of live songs (including momento mori) and some b sides. If that's the bonus disc on the new album with live stuff with Tommy id be happy.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #317 on: August 17, 2012, 07:25:19 PM »
There was another edition of ghost opera that had a second disc with a bunch of live songs (including momento mori) and some b sides. If that's the bonus disc on the new album with live stuff with Tommy id be happy.

Yeah, that was the cash grab called The Second Coming.  I have that one too. Much better edition.

I also got their cash grab for the Wacken version of Poetry too.  Damn you Kamelot.  >:(

Offline RuRoRul

« Reply #318 on: August 17, 2012, 10:28:29 PM »
Who wants to listen to an instrumental version of an album that has Tommy Karevik singing? ???
:lol True - I ordered the special edition just because a bonus track or two is worth a couple of extra quid of support to Tommy... I assume the tracklist is fucked and its really 10. Solitaire followed by a multi-part 11. Prodigal Son. Although I forgot Kamelot already had a track called Solitaire.. so who knows what's really going on there.

Offline adace

« Reply #319 on: August 24, 2012, 04:05:43 AM »

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #320 on: September 03, 2012, 12:38:32 AM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BCH5XviaUog&list=UUZ8tFz25t-9RsGCZKhwML0A&index=1&feature=plcp

A brief clip of the making of the music video for Sacrimony.  Has a couple sound bites, sounds like it has potential. 

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #321 on: September 03, 2012, 04:34:26 AM »
Yeah, the song sounds pretty damn good actually.

Offline MoraWintersoul

• Gloom Cookie
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • welcome to the wasteland
« Reply #322 on: September 04, 2012, 04:43:08 AM »
The song clip at the end. Stick it to my veins. I'm so glad they're not making Tommy sing like Roy.

Don't try to BS her about Kevin Moore facts, she will obscure quote you in the face.

type : mora : and delete the spaces for a surprise

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #323 on: September 04, 2012, 08:46:39 AM »
The song clip at the end. Stick it to my veins. I'm so glad they're not making Tommy sing like Roy.

Well Jon Schaffer isn't a member of Kamelot last I checked.

Offline MykeHavoc

• Send More Cops
« Reply #324 on: September 04, 2012, 09:44:13 AM »

Well Jon Schaffer isn't a member of Kamelot last I checked.

:tup

Offline MoraWintersoul

• Gloom Cookie
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #325 on: September 04, 2012, 02:26:37 PM »
I expected that reply! A gold star for you!

Don't try to BS her about Kevin Moore facts, she will obscure quote you in the face.

Offline Gadough

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #326 on: September 04, 2012, 02:39:09 PM »
Seeing them live with Nightwish in November! Can't wait.
Gadough isn't Hitler. He's much, much worse.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #327 on: September 04, 2012, 10:35:05 PM »
Seeing them live with Nightwish in November! Can't wait.

Seeing them in less than two weeks. I'm a huge fan of both bands and have seen niether live before and add in its a Saturday night at the beacon theater in NYC and I'm planning on having one of the best nights I could imagine.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #328 on: September 05, 2012, 06:02:26 AM »

Offline MoraWintersoul

• Gloom Cookie
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #329 on: September 05, 2012, 07:03:04 AM »

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #330 on: September 05, 2012, 07:32:44 AM »
Everything was good until that demon woman came in. The song sounds very Epica/Black Halo. Maybe even a little too Epica/Black Halo like I've heard this song before.

Offline abydos

• DT.net
« Reply #331 on: September 05, 2012, 08:02:37 AM »
Sounds pretty standard post-Epica Kamelot music-wise. Even the vocal melodies, at one point I forgot it wasn't even Khan. And that woman growling toward the end... seriously?

Obviously this is just random samples and no final impressions are being drawn here.

Offline RuRoRul

« Reply #332 on: September 05, 2012, 09:56:05 AM »
The song sounds very Epica/Black Halo. Maybe even a little too Epica/Black Halo like I've heard this song before.
Haven't listened to the actual song yet but I watched a live video of it once a little while ago and ended up getting the chorus stuck in my head even after that - for that reason I think, even though I'd never heard it before it sounded familiar. Still, not going to complain about things that are too much like the albums I like from this band. Not liking the sound of the growling woman. Hopefully it's not too bad and isn't in many songs.

Annoying that it's released on iTunes in America but not in UK, and I can't find it anywhere else.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #333 on: September 05, 2012, 10:20:41 AM »
I enjoyed it overall,  I didn't enjoy the growling woman.  I do like Elize though.  Tommy sounded a lot like Khan, I thought.

Offline Shadow2222

« Reply #334 on: September 07, 2012, 01:24:33 PM »
Seeing them in Columbus with Nightwish on the 21st  :metal

According to the Nightwish website, the show is almost sold out, so it should be awesome.
"A pitch black night unfolds with the morning star as its only light... and thus the saga... begins" - Shenhua (Shenmue series)

Offline RuRoRul

« Reply #335 on: September 07, 2012, 04:34:37 PM »
It's a good song, some great parts to it but not fondof the female screaming (it wasn't too bad to ruin the song, thankfully), or the outro. I don't like the children being used to try and be creepy thing, I've never found it to work. I don't know why I get more excited when I hear that an album is a concept album with a story though, because it's usually the conceptual or story parts I don't like, like interludes, dialogue, sections without proper music etc. Concept albums of that type always seem to produce great songs and music apart from that stuff though (e.g. Seventh Wonder Mercy Falls, SFAM etc.).

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #336 on: September 16, 2012, 09:20:36 AM »
Saw Kamelot last night in NYC. They played for 45 minutes as the opener for Nightwish. I thought they were amazing and Tommy sounded great. They played a pretty normal set with sacrimony the only new song. They had the lady who does the growls. She was pretty good live although I'm not a huge fan. She however was really good on march of mephisto as she did the clean female vocals and the screams.

Best part of the night was meeting Thomas at the concessions during nightwish's set. I told him how happy I was with their choice of Tommy. He was very nice and was with a pretty lady so I only said that and shook his hand.

Offline abydos

• DT.net
« Reply #337 on: September 16, 2012, 02:37:03 PM »
Meanwhile Fabio remains completely wasted on Rhapsody... of Fire! TT

Offline adace

« Reply #338 on: September 28, 2012, 11:26:06 PM »

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #339 on: September 28, 2012, 11:29:27 PM »
https://www.amazon.com/Silverthorn/dp/B009IA3O2O

See, with releases like this that I know I'm going to buy anyway, I'd prefer to hear as little as possible before I get the CD.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #340 on: September 29, 2012, 05:24:24 AM »
One more month...

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #341 on: September 30, 2012, 10:15:24 PM »
Meanwhile Fabio remains completely wasted on Rhapsody... of Fire! TT

Check the new Vision Divine, great stuff.

Offline obscure

• Properly Silly
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #342 on: October 03, 2012, 08:03:20 AM »
^seconded!

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #343 on: October 03, 2012, 10:20:56 AM »
I thought they were amazing and Tommy sounded great. They played a pretty normal set with sacrimony the only new song. They had the lady who does the growls. She was pretty good live although I'm not a huge fan. She however was really good on march of mephisto as she did the clean female vocals and the screams.

Seconded. Still getting in to this band, but thoroughly enjoyed their performance.

I have no idea how the growlie chick sounded, as I was too preoccupied with thinking about all the naughty things she could do to me. But yes, March of Mephisto was awesome. Overall the gals really contributed nicely to the show (and not just visually).
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Online Adami

« Reply #344 on: October 07, 2012, 01:56:32 AM »
Ok just saw Kamelot tonight. Few thoughts.

1. I was previously only 100% sure that Tommy was the perfect replacement for Khan. I am not 500% sure. The man is amazing and is really nice. Even got a fist bump from him once or twice.

2. Finally warmed up to their bassist Sean. I really Glen but Sean has SO much energy and stage presence that he finally made me love him.

3. The girl was Amaranthe is much more beautiful in person. Like I was ready to ask her out after that show.

4. The chick from The Agonist.....she'd be the girl I banged every few hours in a motel while dating the girl from Amaranthe. Holy god was she sexy as hell. And her job on Sacrimony and March of Mephisto were great.

So I decided that next tour they need to keep both back up singers and shoot a full on DVD. It's been 3 albums and 2 new members since their last one. I think they're due.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #345 on: October 07, 2012, 08:40:33 AM »
Definitely due for a new live album/DVD.  Before Khan left the band, they were planning on shooting one.  Hopefully now with a new singer, they will continue with those plans.

Offline MoraWintersoul

• Gloom Cookie
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #346 on: October 07, 2012, 10:17:23 AM »

1. I was previously only 100% sure that Tommy was the perfect replacement for Khan. I am not 500% sure. The man is amazing and is really nice. Even got a fist bump from him once or twice.

2. Finally warmed up to their bassist Sean. I really Glen but Sean has SO much energy and stage presence that he finally made me love him.

3. The girl was Amaranthe is much more beautiful in person. Like I was ready to ask her out after that show.

4. The chick from The Agonist.....she'd be the girl I banged every few hours in a motel while dating the girl from Amaranthe. Holy god was she sexy as hell. And her job on Sacrimony and March of Mephisto were great.

So I decided that next tour they need to keep both back up singers and shoot a full on DVD. It's been 3 albums and 2 new members since their last one. I think they're due.
Accidentally the whole thing?

Online Adami

« Reply #347 on: October 07, 2012, 11:16:22 AM »

Meh. You have any idea how much pain I was in when I wrote this? lol. I had been standing for 10 hours that day and then rocking out. And on top of that all of that I have a slipped disk in my back. So excuse a few typos.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline The King in Crimson

• Stuck in a glass dome since 1914!
  • Mr. Sandman, Give Me A Dream
« Reply #348 on: October 07, 2012, 11:22:41 AM »

Meh. You have any idea how much pain I was in when I wrote this? lol. I had been standing for 10 hours that day and then rocking out. And on top of that all of that I have a slipped disk in my back. So excuse a few typos.
No.  :P

Online Adami

« Reply #349 on: October 07, 2012, 11:25:25 AM »
DAMN YOU ALL!
fanticide.bandcamp.com